Road to Wrestlemania: Game over - WWF wins - BANG BANG!

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

@VP - jason isn't on your approved list though, is he?

Still don't know if you actually think I have dissonance.

Serious Belt recommendation

I think Baby Spice or Kubla should hold the title. They are both strong town reads and should go on the approved list.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Well, im already annoyed with VP. Dude, are you purposely going out of your way to sound like a know-it-all? Its the god damn royal rumble and you want us to get together, sing kumbaya and determine by vote who should be tossed out as if we were some god damned godless heathen commies. If I could nuke you, I would.

If Nero was still around I would slap him around, but you seem to be a worthy candidate now.

Eye Rake: VP Baltar
Slap: VP Baltar
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Baby Spice should not have the belt. I find that a ludicrous suggestion.

@IS - I don't care if you're annoyed or if you eliminate me. My job here is already done and the plan will come to fruition, thus optimizing town's chances of winning. haters gonna hate and etc.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:49 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Baby Spice shouldn't have the belt. As for the rest, I suppose VP has taken the "fun" out of it all, but I would rather a possible asset get the BP than whoever wins the random pile on.

Headbutt to Lowell
DDT to Lowell

I'd like Thor on the approved list for pretty much the same reasons as Baby, Jason piling on him after the mountainous game is suspect to me.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:52 am

Oh VP, your elaborate plan is done, eh? So youre deliberately manipulating the town?

Yea, lets just see how long youll get to survive, scum.

Noogie: VP
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I play to win, what can I say. That's more of a top priority to me than having 'lolz royal rumble flavorness'. Also, that was a pitiful attempt at to paint with a scumbrush there. I had higher hopes for you as a player IS given that you're OG. Needless to say, I'm not impressed.
YOUR AD HERE

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm fascinated that the merest suggestion of BS having the belt gets people's panties in a twist. You act like it's a permanent free pass to awesome, when it most assuredly isn't. It's not till later the belt will become an issue, the first belt award is practically pointless unless the player in question plans to declare scum after receiving and has some ridiculous anti-town power trigger off that.

I have a town read on BS - get over your bad selves. Your first question should have been "why" not "oh noes!!1! not BS!!1!" Seriously.
Who do all of you have a town read on that should get the belt?
Also, let me assure you, scumz dislike twitty townies who town believes are town and don't want to mislynch.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I don't understand your confusion. Also, I've already stated who I think should get the belt based on town reads. Your suggestion that we should give the belt to someone to prevent a mislynch is weak. If you think the person is town, then simply don't lynch them. No need to waste a super valuable power like UNK to aid in that.

in unrelated news, where is furcolow?
YOUR AD HERE

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:22 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Missile Dropkick Thor

Hurricarana Bristep123
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

UNK is only super powerful in certain situations.

I submit one of those situations is putting it on somebody you believe is town, yes?
What do you see as strategically the best option? Put it on a strong player who is hopefully town? Admit it, the primary focus is "player who is hopefully town" the strong part is the secondary drive. I'd love it if a few of the stronger players wanted to start dropping town tells like crazy, but I haven't noticed that yet - have you? Why not leave BS around through the first round of eliminations at least, or is that too upsetting to even consider?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I haven't seen any towntells at all from BS...you're going to have to explain that one to me. With DDD, I see a player that is actively thinking and trying to improve the town's situation. What has BS done that has been useful other than agree with you about the need to eliminate moi?
YOUR AD HERE

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:27 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Move Count 6!

Nero Cain - 0 (Internet Stranger, Internet Stranger, Thor665, Kublai Khan, Baby Spice, Baby Spice, VP Baltar, VP Baltar, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Debonair Danny DiPietro)
Thor665 - 0 (SnakePlissken, Kublai Khan, Gobots, Gobots, Erratus Apathos, Erratus Apathos, Lowell, jasonT1981, jasonT1981, SnakePlissken)
VP Baltar - 1 (AurorusVox, AurorusVox, Vezokpiraka, chesskid3, chesskid3, AurorusVox, AurorusVox, Internet Stranger, Internet Stranger)

Internet Stranger - 5 (Nero Cain, Nero Cain, jediknight, Nero Cain, Nero Cain)
Lowell - 4 (Hoppster, Hoppster, Scott Brosius, Scott Brosius, sottyrulez, sottyrulez)
SnakePlissken - 7 (Baby Spice, Thor665, Thor665)
Baby Spice - 9 (Erratus Apathos)
Furcolow - 9 (Baby Spice)
VasudeVa - 9 (Vezokpiraka)
Scott Brosius - 9 (Lowell)
jasonT1981 - 9 (Thor665)
bristep123 - 9 (SnakePlissken)

Eliminated (2) - Vezokpiraka, chesskid3

JR: Debonair Danny DiPietro just planted Nero Cain with a Blue Thunder Driver, and now he hauls him off the mat...COP KILLA! COP KILLA!

King: I think Nero's out cold! Danny's dragging him across the canvas like a rag doll.

JR: It's simple work for DiPietro to scoop Nero up and over the top rope, and that's three men down!

King: And across the other side of the ring, Thor is nearly out but he manages to cling onto the top rope...but SnakePlissken catches him right in the mush with a flying missile dropkick that knocks him off the apron to the floor!

Nero Cain and Thor665 have been eliminated! 23 superstars remain.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

@VP please name the post where I requested you be eliminated. Stop projecting your night terrors onto me.

BS looks town because of the reasons cited for calling me worthy to last till endgame. The game she was noting was one where she and I were the scumz. I find it highly unlikely that to try to suck up to me she would specifically cite a game where I was scum with her. That seems way too ballsy of a move and hence is a town tell with giant flashing neon letters. (fuchsia - but what can you do?). Congratulations on actually asking for the town tell after bashing the idea based solely on a meta opinion of her play quality though. Do you care about the Kubla read, or should I presume you support that one in general?

Happy to see your belt holder preference, I'll consider DDD later and see if I share the thought.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:35 am

I dont trust white knights. Someone that looks extremely town is usually scum.
Show

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

@IS - so you agree that BS looks extremely town?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:41 am

No, im saying that this Royal Rumble format doesnt allow for anyone to look scum or town. There is no scumhunting, there is no deceit, its just bashing each other senseless. Anyone trying to make any more of it than that will look scummy though.
Show

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@thor - this is Zach's game that I was backup mod for, right? Well, I guess that doesn't matter because I still don't even see how BS saying you played well in a scum game makes her town or why you think a scum player wouldn't do that.

Re: KK, I already gave my opinion in response to DDD.

IS makes no sense. Even though people aren't being lynched, you still have a voting mechanic and plenty of motivated actions to look at. Obviously the optimum outcome for the scum is to try to get the belt on their team, so scum hunting is still applicable.
YOUR AD HERE

GMan
GMan
Goon
GMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:50 am

Post by GMan »

@IS - And I don't really trust the "Too Town" theory.

I completely disagree with the opinion that it's impossible to get reads in this phase of the game.

What matters to me is whether or not I believe BS's altruism re: othters getting the belt is sincere, and I think it is. For that reason I have a town-read on her. However, while the belt most definitely should go to someone with a strong town read, that's not all that we should consider. We're basically deciding who to preserve for as long as possible.

- They should be pro-town.
- They should be a proactive scum hunter.
- They should not be known for making rash decisions (quick hammers etc)
- They should not be known for making mistakes in LyLo.

Also, should we maybe not consider candidates that have a history of playing excellently as scum and passing themselves off well as town?
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

@IS - everything is a tell, and nothing is ever not a time to be scumhunting. By the sheer fact you're saying that anyone scumhunting is scummy suggests you believe scumhunting can happen because you can get a scummy read off someone if they try to scumhunt. Open mind, allow possibilities in.

@VP - "hey there player I intend to suck up to, you're a great player, remember that time we were scumz together? Yeah, just think seriously about an association between me and a time I was scum - that would be swell! But I'm town though, yeah, that's why I'm being nice to you, don't want you to associate me with being scum." <---seriously? Naaaaah.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Kise »

No one here is a beloved princess, eh? *kekekeke* I'm also assuming there are no day actions in play. That said, if VP is being eliminated, I'm in favor of letting KK be our champion.

Japanese Arm Drag: Internet Stranger
Knee Drop: Internet Stranger
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:02 am

Whatever, im not going to turn this into another boring ass thread from the mafia discussion board. There is no threat of lynch death here. The scum arent scared of anything right now. The title is pretty useless to them too, all it tells them is who not to target tonight. They scum arent going to play their normal game, all of you silly suspicious white knights arent going to catch anything right now.

Wake me up when an actual show starts.
Show

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

G-Man gets it.

@thor - I'm not sure if I buy talking about a scum game is going to automatically put you into a frame of mind where you think about that person's scum play. Do you and Baby Spice have any other completed games together where you were both town and she could have mentioned you as playing extremely well?

@IS - the title is not useless to scum as it would protect them from the vig and/or a potential SK if either exist. Seems pretty useful to me for either team.
YOUR AD HERE

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:12 am

Right, because if I was scum, I would want all the attention that being the champion would bring.
Show

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

And yet you're saying I'm scum because I'm drawing attention to myself and have blatantly said I would take then belt. :roll:
YOUR AD HERE

GMan
GMan
Goon
GMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:18 am

Post by GMan »

Regal-Plex: Internet Stranger
Tiger Driver: Internet Stranger
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”