Road to Wrestlemania: Game over - WWF wins - BANG BANG!

Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Thor, after mountanous you are one of the people I would insist on being in the game at the end.

Though I think I would prefer VPB to be on the beat down list. I never trust those who organise something that could end up with them getting the prize out of it.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:48 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Irish Whip: Nero
Stinger Splash: Nero
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:48 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Jason is becoming the whipping boy of this Royal Rumble as he walks straight into a thunderous sidewalk slam!
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:58 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

JR: Now that Chesskid and Vezo are out of the way, it's Thor's turn to become the focus for the other superstars' anger!

King: And there's Lowell with his trademark effeminate faceslap! What a move.

Move Count 5!

Thor665 - 3 (SnakePlissken, Kublai Khan, Gobots, Gobots, Erratus Apathos, Erratus Apathos, Lowell)
Nero Cain - 4 (Internet Stranger, Internet Stranger, Thor665, Kublai Khan, Baby Spice, Baby Spice)
VP Baltar - 5 (AurorusVox, AurorusVox, Vezokpiraka, chesskid3, chesskid3)
Internet Stranger - 5 (Nero Cain, Nero Cain, jediknight, Nero Cain, Nero Cain)
Lowell - 6 (Hoppster, Hoppster, Scott Brosius, Scott Brosius)
SnakePlissken - 8 (Baby Spice, Thor665)
Baby Spice - 9 (Erratus Apathos)
Furcolow - 9 (Baby Spice)
VasudeVa - 9 (Vezokpiraka)
Scott Brosius - 9 (Lowell)

Eliminated (2) - Vezokpiraka, chesskid3
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:16 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Running Powerbomb: VPBaltar

Big Boot: VP Baltar

I'm sticking by my guns. I don't think VPB should get the belt. I actually agree with Baby Spice here on both fronts: there's something I don't like about VPB, and in the game I played with Thor, he was a great asset to the town. Why do people want to see him over the top rope?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:21 am

Post by Baby Spice »

It's not that I don't like or don't trust VPB. It's too early for that.

It's just a healthy paranoia on my part.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Thor
I'm not saying AV is not a good player. I do think he acted impulsively and hit me over something dumb early on...which he just did again and is now trying to justify it as me being Dr. Evil or something. I forgave the first as a dumb move, but now I'm starting to think there is scum motivation going on here to knock me out. Scummy Scums don't like people planning and organizing the town, and when I am town it is inevitable that a shitty D1 wagon forms on me because I usually take a big mouth early and scum don't like it. Unfortunately, the damage from an early wagon on me can't be undone and I'll probably be ejected soon.

tl;dr - I don't think you're reasoning is sufficient to make up for his bad play in this game and he should probably still be eliminated, but we can also add your name to the list if you want.

@AV - what don't you like about me? Also, Thor has cognitive dissonance, that's what people don't like.

Table Smash: Nero
Eye Gouge: Nero
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:22 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Baby Spice declared that Thor should be kept when she obviously hasn't been reading his posts (specifically the part where he said it was optimal play to throw him out). Scummy.

@AV: Thor said it was optimal play to throw him out. That's good enough for me.
Do you want your possessions identified?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, my only semi-town read right now is DDD....so if I had to pick someone at this very moment that I would give the belt to, it would be him. This may change before I die, and I will let you know my final thoughts if AV decides to continue on this path of trying to eliminate me.
YOUR AD HERE

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:47 am

Post by AurorusVox »

VP130: I've told you already. I didn't like the tone of your post (which came across as nothing more than "I'm so town, yo"), and I don't like that you specifically asked for the belt. As for coming up with the idea of throwing VIs over the ropes either - it was the obvious move. Your list has now enabled people to just sheep it and slip through without causing waves or ripples. I could easily have just voted Chess or Vezo or Furc, and gotten pats on the back for doing it. But no, that's not what the Royal Rumble is about. Every man for himself! Chaos! Excitement! One man (or woman) standing above all others to claim the belt - and I just don't think you should be that man. I'm even more glad than ever that I voted for you - your #131 is basically nothing more than a threat. "Keep trying and you'll see what happens."

It's not a dumb move any more, you're right. But its not because you're vocal - I'm vocal so I don't hold that against you. And it's certainly not because I'm scum.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:58 am

Post by chesskid3 »

glad to see townAV again
I don't like scumAV as much.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:01 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

LOL.

I wonder who is the next to go?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I find AV to be much more argumentative in this game and less happy go lucky than when I have seen him town in [redacted]. I'm going to have to meta you now.

As far as the argument that 'this isn't how a royal rumble works!'...meh, I don't care. Organized eliminations are much more effective than allowing a free for all that the scum have an inherit advantage to manipulate. I think we've already had plenty of things happen that can be used to scum hunt, regardless of people being allowed to 'sheep'.
YOUR AD HERE

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:16 am

Post by chesskid3 »

one would argue that scum manipulating it would be great to look back on lategame.
Worth a nk-immune scum, even, because it's not that great a power for them, because EVERYBODY KNOW THEY HAVE IT GASP
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:01 am

Post by AurorusVox »

VP Baltar wrote:I find AV to be much more argumentative in this game and less happy go lucky than when I have seen him town in [redacted]. I'm going to have to meta you now.
Is the "you" me or Chesskid? I assume Chesskid seeing as I'm "him" but if you need me to facilitate your Meta-query then let me know.

I have a problem with this statement btw. If I'm impulsive, is that not happy-go-lucky? And you scolded me for being impulsive, and yet when I present an argument against you, I'm now being "argumentative" - rather than you realising that I'm responding to your literal question "what don't you like about me?"
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You're right, perhaps I'm overstating things, but it's early game. It is a fair assessment to say you were being happy go lucky with your first hits. I do think you're being a touch more aggressive than I would expect however after I questioned your motives. *shrug*

Yes, the meta was in reference to you...I can look at games myself from your wiki though.
YOUR AD HERE

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:20 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

VPB, I think KK is likely town as well; he's at least thinking about how to help the town even if he was wrong about the specifics.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm on the fence with KK really. I can see him being town, but he's kinda tricksy too. Need more data before analysis can be completed there. (ie, get in here and post more KK)
YOUR AD HERE

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:35 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Irish Whip: Thor
Stinger Splash: Thor
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

@VP - my cognitive dissonance, describe it please.
@Erratus Apathos: Nice to know you trust me so much, why is that?

Spinning heel hook: SnakePlisskan
Gogo plata: JasonT1981
;)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

It's already been explained. You agreed with the plan I put forth and then voted elsewhere....which you're still doing apparently. I personally feel that fully knocking people out in order is a much more effective way of elimination than just randomly hitting on the list.
YOUR AD HERE

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

Define 'elsewhere'.
I'm voting for people I don't wish to see get the title. Or do you mean that by agreeing we should do that I automatically cede my vote to whoever you say should be voted out first?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

elsewhere as in, the town as a whole was working on eliminating specific players and you voted for other players.

Do you think that a person voting as they please from the list is more effective than everyone piling on specific players in order? Both in terms of reducing the eliminated players' damage and in allowing the final players more time to decide who should be champion?
YOUR AD HERE

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

1. Did I ever agree to your order in order to actually have cognitive dissonance? Perhaps in a more focused question - do *you* think I have cognitive dissonance?

2. Actually I don't see the difference, you're suggesting that everyone further down the list is going to placidly stand by and not inflict damage while waiting to be eliminated? Besides, I'd rather draw info from a larger test pattern than a smaller one, personally. Your way generates faster eliminations, my way generates more info. Both can be affected by the mafia, who invariably have members in the 'approved' section of your list anyway, so I'm not sure why you're worried about them controlling stuff more earlier.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I don't think your way inherently generates more info. I think it generates more chaos and vendetta strikes...which is evidenced by people like IS or even yourself with the hit you just put on Jason.

I'm sure there are mafia on the approved list, but that can't really be avoided. I'm sure there are also mafia on the elimination list. It will be the job of the final people to develop reads and give it to whoever is best for the job. Getting down to that final group faster gives them more time to mull the situation over and look at the data. In the meantime, being fast and furious to get to that point is the optimal play, imo.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”