GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by GreyICE »

UncertainKitten wrote:@GI: Still waiting for a response from you on the RB target question.
I changed my mind for two reasons.

The first is because if AGM is scum, then there'd be no reason for him to even ask out here when he could just ask in the QT anyway. And Zang's probably told him in the QT if he's town, unless he just lurked his way past it. So that's just right out the window

The second is that I see a lot of benefit for the scum lynching the town roleblocker at this point in time. The way I saw it, AGM making that gambit to find out if Zang targeted a scumbuddy or it was something else was a perfect way for them to lynch a power role that had contributed nothing to the game without drawing suspicion on themselves.

I'd still prefer if we didn't lynch a town roleblocker, overall. But I just don't see how we can avoid lynching Zang after him running off on AGM which, as I said, I don't see AGM making up, and I'm getting very tired of his lurking ass. I do feel like he's waiting for orders from someone, and the longer we sit here the higher chance someone logs onto the QT and gives them to him. Every minute that passes is another minute for someone else to log on and post for him, another minute for someone to tell him what to do and feed him arguments. And if he's scum he's going to need someone feeding him arguments.

PEDIT: AGM, I already fucking softclaimed this weekend while arguing that CooLDoG was town because I was floating on painkillers during my migraine. So yep, it was fucking stupid etc. etc., but way to bring it up now.

PEDIT 2: OH MY GOD IT POSTS. AND I HAVE QUESTIONS
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

So, you're going to blatantly lie. Good show Zang. You've been either active lurking or lurking all game. You haven't made a post of substance yet and your above post fits the same pattern. Now all I need to do is check if you cared about Mari in the past and I'll probably have checkmate.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:48 pm

OK, I'm willing to buy a Mari block...except...you were voting SC at the end of the day yesterday. Why didn't you block him!?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Zang wrote:
UT was active lurking, I'm not.
I haven't literally facepalmed in a while.
When I first saw her vote, I didn't see your question. LMP I am a still mildly suspicious of but most of my suspicion disappeared when he replaced in, Katsuki is dead and UT started posting content.
So you have no scum reads at all, except apparently Mariyta. Dare I ask what prompted this, besides our offhand comments about you naming an 'easy target' that you roleblocked? Dare I even ask what made you make that choice last night? :roll:

This seriously feels more like a scum choice for power role hunting than a good choice for a roleblock.
AGM did not post at all last night. Day 1 we were discussing a master plan that he had to catch scum and he told me to vote Katsuki at deadline. Day 2 he said that Katsuki targetted him and then suddenly started interrogating me.
*sigh*

Well, that's exactly what AGM said. No startling revelations out of this one. Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. Maybe it's the mysterious allure of Quicktopics, but I was hoping there'd be some master plan to gambit, maybe some sort guide to your night roleblocking that would tell us who AGM said his scum suspects were, something. If that's the
only
fucking thing in the QT, then this entire line of questioning was a waste of time.
I still think that AGM is town
although not as strongly as before.
Really Zang? Really? Oh it's fun to have a chance to hold your feet to the fire. So what makes him 'not as strongly as before' to you, besides his case against you? Anything? Anything at all? Anything at all whatsoever? Or is this just doomed to be another cryptic post with not a lick of common sense or reasoning behind it?
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:52 pm

What the hell GI? I didn't say that >=[! Quote properly >=[!
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Oh poo.
@Mod: Can you fix quote tags?

Done.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Okay, fine. This is probably bloody masochism and a waste of our time, but I'm going to ask Zang some questions about the last few days, and I want him to bloody answer. As I grilled the fuck out of AGM, call this the spirit of fairness. This is more likely a bloody-minded exercise in seeing if he slips and outs any of his scumbuddies than something that will help the town, but... oh well. We're not deadline lynching today, oh that is very for certain.

Zang:

Since you claim to be
following this game closely
do you have
any
comments about the past few days?

1)
What do you think about Mina's suspicion that one of the claimed power roles was scum? This has stuck with me since she made the point. We have, if you and AGM are town, like you say you believe:

- A pair of town neighbors - one of whom is a roleblocker, the other of whom is vanilla: so we have town neighbors with a self-contained power role, and one of the neighbors could claim the actions of the power role for the other neighbor - both giving the thread the night actions, and leaving the thread with a dead vanilla when he gets NKed for his trouble. (And AGM wonders when I was ready to flip a shit when I thought he was softclaiming another PR into that pair...)

- Katsuki (confirmed town)
- CooLDoG
- Me (confirmed idiot when migraine)

To that we've outed 1 non-power role in the thread. That would either make us the unluckiest fucking town alive, or some of these power roles really aren't. At the moment, the most likely is that you are scum roleblocker. Why is this reasoning bad, and is there anything you want to add?

2)
If LMP, SC, and UT (and lets throw in GhostWriter too, after Mina's last post) were to all die tomorrow and flip town, who would be your top two scumpicks from the rest of the town and why?

3)
Do you think that anything about your gameplay has helped us catch scum? WHAT? If you care so bloody much about this game, why have you done nothing?

4)
Is there any other goddamn thoughts you'd like to share with us before we lynch you? Any at all?

Well here ends a bloody pointless waste of my time. I want the answers to this for some undetermined reason, but I'm fine with voting, hammering, whatever. I have this dirty suspicion that tomorrow we'll have lynched and vigged a third townie, but Zang puts just not one jot of effort into not being amazing fucking obvscum. It's funny because from a role perspective, from a flavor perspective, from AGM's voodoo, I have no reason to believe he's scum, but from the perspective of play, CooLDoG has put a thousand times the effort into this game than Zang. I might not love the results, but at least he is present, reasoning, and doing things.

Zang, if you truly are town, make an effort and give us some sort of
really cool insight
, and maybe I won't make it a point of policy to avoid games with you in them. Hell, just maybe even a piece of information I overlooked, or something and I won't policy avoid you. Just show me that when you put some effort into it, you can tell me something that is new or interesting, something I really don't know.

If you are scum, congratulations on staying alive past a vig and a lynch yesterday and mindgaming AGM into thinking you were town with the worst fucking play I've seen outside of a newbie game - although that's probably more a testament to how abominably scummy our townies were than anything you did.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Sigh. Italics instead of caps, how does it work?

And still no answers. Going to sleep now, I guess.

I'm going to have to see this QT after the game is over, it must be the lamest thing in human history.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:38 am

Post by CooLDoG »

okay, the bbcode tage for italics is a lower case "i" in brackets...

Zang you just used the most used logical fallacy on MS! congrats! Tu quoque, and corresponding Wikipedia article, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque. Good job there! SC's lurking has nothing to do with with yours. And you still haven't posted content. You are just reactionary. More scum points. I'm really liking my Zang vote right about now.

AGM, actually I was incorrect about the trap cards. I did leave one hole that you could have pursued about that. "Counter" traps don't have to be set. So if the cool black dude was playing a counter trap, his move would be legal. Did anybody pick up on my paraphrase idea?
after a wank.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Mariyta »

UncertainKitten wrote:Hey, I happen to like Fate, Mari :P.
I never said I didn't. But I don't want everyone emulating his playing style.

I don't blame SC for replacing out. This is a rough game. There hasn't been as much nastiness as in some games, but it's a rough game to read. I pity his replacement.

@cOOldOg: Content =/= town. Unfortunately, with this group, we're more likely to keep around people we think are scummy as long as they keep posting.
and mari is looking significantly worse.
How so?
UT wrote:also I've been reading back through to make sure I didn't miss it, I've been kind of curious over the last few pages why some players have been taking it as a given that scum have daytalk.
The only one I see assuming scum have daytalk is Grey. Neighbors/masons usually have daytalk, from my limited experience. Scum typically do not.

I'll admit, I got tired of GI's screaming match with AGM, so I stopped reading them both. I'll try to go back and deal with them later today.

Zang says "I've been focusing on this game for the last week and ignoring all my other games, but I couldn't come in and clear things up because I was focusing on my other games." Does not compute, especially considering this game hasn't been open for a week.
He very well may have blocked me last night. I wouldn't know.

People who are town and everyone needs to stay the fuck away from: Mina, UK, AGM, CD (this one hurts me)
People who can hang: Zang, UT, GI, LMP, SC's replacement (these people are in lynch preference order)
People who are probably town, but I'm not positive: GW
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:00 am

Post by CooLDoG »

your reads, plus my gut give off a scummy air.
after a wank.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:03 am

Post by Mariyta »

You're so helpful.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:56 am

Post by LimMePls »

UncertainKitten wrote:Hey, LMP, what happened to lynching me?
Tomorrow? I'm sheeping AGM at the moment.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:04 am

Post by LimMePls »

AGM is that change to GreyICE here to stay, or was it just to get that answer?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:13 am

You are aware you're not going to get a mislynch on me, right scum?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Mina »

...LynchMePls, what happened to you?

No, seriously, what the hell happened to you since
A Clash of Kings
?

Didn't you use to be a really good, earnest player with a lot of potential, who actually gave a shit about the games you were in?

Even if you're scum, you're playing badly. Seriously, you can't write a better frame case than "Wake up and smell the scum, folks!" You aren't bothering to show examples to substantiate your read on UK's behaviour in the face of a vig kill as desperate scum, when no one else has the same gut read on her? You can't find quotes to twist so as to make UK look worse? You're actually using, "Well, two out of three of your scum reads are wrong, because I know I'm town, so you're obviously scum" as proof? Most of your arguments are just repeating "X is scum."

If you're town, then you should really be ashamed of your play here, because it is an embarrassment. In all honesty--and this isn't an exaggeration--I think CooLDoG is playing both much more proactively, and scumhunting more effectively than you are. Even if his arguments aren't always perfect, at least he's trying. Half of your reads this game have seemed to come out of your ass, you have this galling smug attitude that every of your useless and lazy one-liners is sooooo smart and you're so much better than everyone, you've outright gone, "LOL, I'm too cool to contribute" at times, and you put only the most superficial thought into your posts. Read yourself in ISO. It's quite pathetic, particularly compared to the player you used to be.

------------------------------------------
I don't think I've followed the plot of AGM's revelations, and I'd still rather reread D1 to analyze potential scumteams before voting, but right now, I'm leaning toward a Zang lynch. (Incidentally, it's a good thing we know AGM was jailkept successfully, since otherwise a Zang town flip would have explained the no-kill and indicted Mariyta.) He hasn't made a single post that felt genuine all game, and I find it astounding that a town player could be that robotic and passionless. Furthermore, I really doubt that town has a jailkeeper/poisoner AND a garden variety roleblocker who just so happened to be paired with a vanilla neighbour. That said, I missed the evidence from AGM in Zang's favour.

At first, Zang's back-and-forth with SC made me doubt my SC suspicions, but I was thinking SC's and Zang's forced "I'm continuing my push on you from D1!" "Oh yeah, well I'M continuing my push on YOU!" could be them calling attention to their distancing. But the problem is that I doubt Zang AND SC would vote Reckamonic for the miller claim if the three were a scum team, and those three are where I'm looking now.

And as much as I hate UT's Katsuki hammer, I'd be surprised if UT would lead the Zang wagon on D1 as his buddy (possible, but I'd much rather lynch other suspects, first). Would that make the scumteam Zang, GhostWriter, and one of SC/LMP? Hmm.

Also, do people really want me to use my town cred to write a long case for why GreyICE isn't scum unless he's the most phenomenal actor ever? I don't like defending people, but I'll do it if I have to.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:24 am

Post by GreyICE »

I'd rather have you use your time to tell me if I'm totally wrong about AGM :/

I just have this impression that it is very, very important that me and everyone else to agree he's captain townman of the townsville squad But Zang is total obvscum without the neighbor timing claim from AGM. If it weren't for that neighbor claim, I'd completely believe that this was a scum-scum fight. AGM doesn't do this in other games, I've read them.

Everything I hypothesize is totally nonsensical and I'm probably guilty over overthinking things. Have the obvscum answer some questions to see if he fingers his buddies, lynch him, mine his posts for data, and move on
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:38 am

Post by LimMePls »

Mina wrote:...LynchMePls, what happened to you?

No, seriously, what the hell happened to you since A Clash of Kings?

Didn't you use to be a really good, earnest player with a lot of potential, who actually gave a shit about the games you were in?

Even if you're scum, you're playing badly. Seriously, you can't write a better frame case than "Wake up and smell the scum, folks!" You aren't bothering to show examples to substantiate your read on UK's behaviour in the face of a vig kill as desperate scum, when no one else has the same gut read on her? You can't find quotes to twist so as to make UK look worse? You're actually using, "Well, two out of three of your scum reads are wrong, because I know I'm town, so you're obviously scum" as proof? Most of your arguments are just repeating "X is scum."

If you're town, then you should really be ashamed of your play here, because it is an embarrassment. In all honesty--and this isn't an exaggeration--I think CooLDoG is playing both much more proactively, and scumhunting more effectively than you are. Even if his arguments aren't always perfect, at least he's trying. Half of your reads this game have seemed to come out of your ass, you have this galling smug attitude that every of your useless and lazy one-liners is sooooo smart and you're so much better than everyone, you've outright gone, "LOL, I'm too cool to contribute" at times, and you put only the most superficial thought into your posts. Read yourself in ISO. It's quite pathetic, particularly compared to the player you used to be.
Thanks Mina. This just made my day.

Request Replacement

This game is like chewing on glass. I'm having 0 fun. Sorry MOI, I tried to help.

V/LA on weekends
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:40 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

LynchMePls is being replaced ...
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:45 am

Post by Mina »

...I need to stop doing that.

...I...I was mainly just trying to give LMP a kick in the pants to step his game up...

...What is it with me and that slot?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Mariyta »

GreyICE wrote:Everything I hypothesize is totally nonsensical and I'm probably guilty over overthinking things.
QFT

I really don't see scum-AGM doing what he's done. He put his neck on the line for Zang yesterday. He didn't have to. And this 180 doesn't scream scum trying to bus his buddy. It screams town who realized the neighbor he stuck his neck out for really is scum.

P-edit: I guess no one likes that slot, eh?
-Susan Ertz

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:51 am

We should just lynch the slot and save MoI the trouble. Do you really think any replacement can suddenly erase how utterly terrible LMP and Reck were?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:55 am

Post by GreyICE »

Mina wrote:...

...I need to stop doing that.

...I...I was mainly just trying to give LMP a kick in the pants to step his game up...

...What is it with me and that slot?
If it's any help, you told him the truth imho :(

Mariyta - you're probably right. If I had to pick my worst flaw, it's over-analysis. Sometimes the obvious answer is true.

PEDIT: No, UK, I said I was lynching one of Zang or AGM today, and Zang has decided that that will be him. The answers are just juicy WIFOM cupcakes with a side of my gut at this point.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Mina »

Stop making me paranoid about you, UK.

As nice as it might be to save Magna the trouble of looking for two replacements, I'm not going to waste a lynch on punishing a quitter when Zang looks like a much surer bet.
GreyICE wrote:I'd rather have you use your time to tell me if I'm totally wrong about AGM :/
Yep. You are. Sorry. :P

This definitely isn't a scum-on-scum fight, because if Zang flips Mafia Roleblocker, with no neighbour in the title, we'll all know AGM was lying.

I think AGM is just a very hotheaded player who gets caught up in the heat of the moment when he gets into a back-and-forth. "Hey...that isn't exactly what I meant! You're misrepresenting me! And your word choice in this post contradicts yours in that other post...which means YOU'RE SCUM! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!"

By the way, it's a sad state of affairs when I'M one of the most mellow players in this game. Is there something in the water of Gevaudan?

Zang, please explain just why you chose to roleblock Mariyta, and not, say, StrangerCoug, LMP, or CooLDoG. I want a long post explaining just what your thought process was, why exactly you found her scummy (actual reasons), why you found other players less scummy. Not another robotic one sentence "I roleblocked her because I suspected her."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”