DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:01 am

Post by DavidParker »

Ie: Why did you decide to name claim using "General" when it's obvious your role pm didn't include this word?
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Amrun »

Joseph McCarthy, US Blacklister.

I somehow got the names confused in my mind (I guess because they sound similar).

Obviously, I know that makes me look bad. If you want to lynch me for that, proceed. I understand.

p-edit: I didn't even remember I said the word general until you pointed it out. I got my names confused and I guess I'm just subconsciously used to pairing "General" with "McArthur."
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:13 am

Post by DavidParker »

Unvote

At this point I am inclined to believe Amrun's claim.

The flavor fits. MacArthur wasn't even involved in the Cold War it seems (quick wikipedia search, cause my American history is pretty bad).

I still find your slot suspect and it could easily be a safe-claim, but at this I'm willing to believe it is a town role.

@Amrun: Is the player/public told that they are unable to vote on the day it comes into effect? If not, will it show up in vote counts? Essentially, can your ability be proven tomorrow?

A quick wiki of McCarthy doesn't exactly make him appear pro-peace though :/
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:18 am

Post by mothrax »

Ok, so I am caught up now. (though tbh I skimmed the last few pages)

I keep seeing people state that Amrun's recent play gives of town vibes... I don't get it.

His first post this game was full of noncomittal null-reads, fence sitting and then keeping the options open for jumping on wagons ("scummy untill proven innocent")
Yeah, he explained these things but explanations =/=belief.

And then comes his claim...
lolfail...

Two issues:
1: why claim now? Your reasons don't make sense at all...
2: the role (icluding the name) don't make sense as town at all... especially with the example wincon
3: (I lied there are three, so sue me) the backpeddling is lulzy. I can litteraly see your thought process... "This guy is going to be scummy, but he is town I promise" ~Oh shit they aren't buying it... "O EM GEE I meant McCarthy... "~maybe now they will buy it?

Guess what, not buying it.

Vote Amrun

p-edit: DP, McCarthy was far from Pro-Peace. McCarthyism relates to the communist witch hunt and red scare of the 1950s where he sent the U.S. into panic mode. For serious, he is a huge reason that Reagan gained political popularity (he was a known McCarthyist and the republicans wanted a VP who would get the conservative vote)
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:26 am

Post by DavidParker »

Oh, I'm already considering a revote of Amrun. I don't even think it's worth "proving" his role since it can easily be a scum role. (I mean scum may as well claim their actual role as a town role if they can especially if it's provable).

Your third "issue", isn't really an issue. It's pretty clear that his claim-messup was genuine to me at least. MacArthur wasn't even involved in the cold war from my research?

I'm still happy with a moth lynch as well (AKA YOU), because you haven't realy helped your slot at all. Your first real input is just jumping on the band wagon of the easiest target in the game. Regardless of amrun's flip (if it were to happen today), i'd still find you hella scummy. Either as soviet-scum who is trying to kill americans as apart of your win con or even as US scum bussing your buddy or just mislynching a townie.

At this point I'd like people on ThAd wagon to give up and choose between these two wagons. ThAd just doesn't make a good day 1 lynch in my eyes.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Amrun »

I don't know how public it is, but at the very least, the player should be conspicuous for not voting (if mod tells him he has been silenced and can't vote) or if we think a hammer has happened and there's no lynch, it will be obvious. I will ask the mod about this, though. Now I can announce who I'm silencing so that should help confirm.

And David Parker, that's my whole point about US vs. Soviet. McCarthy is NOT pro peace, and yet in this game, he is pro town. That alone is what made me think US v Sovviet might actually BE the set up.

P-edit: mothrax, I was going to give your slot a chance but you're striking me as scum waffling.

The attack on McCarthy being a warmonger is onvious. Why would scum claim it in my position if it was fake. If that was my fakeclaim, I would never have used it. I'd have researched some obscure guy. But whatever you say. When I flip, you'll be scummier.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Amrun »

Worry for the typos. I'm on my phone.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Amrun »

Sorry, I meant. Crap.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:43 am

Post by mothrax »

@DP what voice did I really have? I'm not joining my wagon, and I'm not sold on the ThAd wagon. My vote anywhere else is uselss. I would support a gonnano wagon happily at this point, but with less than a week to deadline it would be stupid to deviate from the three wagons we have.

Also, general Douglas macArthur was a proponent of peace during vietnam (he was an advisor to both Kennedy and Johnson) but you are right, he was fairly uninvolved and out of the public eye for the majority of the cold war. (he supported the nuclear threat inKorea in the 50's but then jumped to support Taft in the 54 primary, who was a peacefullish candidate)

P.s. I have a degree in Political Science with an emphasis on foreign relations, and tool several classes pertaining to this time period. :)
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:44 am

Post by mothrax »

How am I waffling? That would imply I had doubts about you being scum and was carving a way off your wagon? I am a staunch supporter of your lynch actually.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:46 am

Post by DavidParker »

I'm okay with this now:
Vote: Amrun

P.s. I know how to use wikipedia :)
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Amrun »

Mothrax: waffling was a bad choice of words there. What I meant was that your voting for me on a strange case AFTER I reveal looked desperate to me. People keeping their votes on me is one thing, but to start a case on me after claim? It looks like mafia is trying to get lucky and get me lynched anyway, then pass it off as an understandable mislynch later.

Someone please explain the supposed scum motivation of revealing as McCarthy.

DP: What? Your post makes no sense. It makes almost as little sense as you voting for artem (or did you mean me) for being "too town."
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:06 am

Post by mothrax »

mothrax wrote:Taking a break, but here are a few things that have stood out so far.

- Why the hell is PI/PI's Replacement still alive? Scumsliped on like page three... "I wouldn't mind being investigated" just reeks of a godfather or investi-immune scum bragging.

Other people I dislike so far (as of page 19)

-His comments on the ThAd wagon early are rediculous. he vocally supports it though he isn't really sure why. This reeks of someone who is paving his way onto a possible misslynch. "I support it and may vote later, but why is he scum?"
In his 318 He says lowell should flip before GW. Lowell flip at this point will give us no info what so ever. If you are looking for an associative tell, why seek one from lowell, who hasn't really pushed or pulled any players. How would Lowell give us insight into GW.
his 356: discredits llama's argument against him. His response to the post is flimsy and made up of mostly "lolwhatever"s.

I don't like the fact that there was a lot of verbal support for this wagon but little to no voting done. I would like to see gonnano flip above any of the top lynch candidates at this point but in the interest of deadlines (though I think we still have a week or so?)
I am going to be voting PI/Amrun unless there is something in the next 8 pages to convince me otherwise.

Also: @my wagoners: What part of lurking the way jmj was reads as scum? Shit happens irl, people have to put mafiascum aside for a while and tend to that. Read Nobody Special's Large Normal (121?) for an example (I have done the same) (yes my slot flipped scum, but I did the same in all of my games I was playing at the time, and that was the one I remembered off the top of my head)

In otherwords: If someone is voting jmj (me) for some reason other than OMG lurking, cool, what-evs, but if not, get off your high horse, cause I'm here, I'm active, Get used to it.

Anyone got any suggestions of particulars to pay attention to when I get back to reading after my cigbreak?

I guess you missed these then? (here is a hint, this was before your claim)
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Amrun »

Eh, I did forget about that, but the vote still looks opportunistic to me, like it's trying to keep the wagon going before it gets derailed by my claim. That doesn't automatically make you scum, which is why my vote is still on ThAd for now, but it isnt looking townie that you apparently didn't even stop to consider my claim.

Once again: in your opinion, what are the scum motivations for claiming McCarthy at this juncture of the game?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:19 am

Post by smargaret »

The setup is not US v Soviet. Amrun is lying scum.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:46 am

Post by DavidParker »

and smarge is mis-repping scum.
Amrun wrote:DP: What? Your post makes no sense. It makes almost as little sense as you voting for artem (or did you mean me) for being "too town."
Oh, and more mis-repping scum.

Stop WIFOMing me Amrun.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Amrun »

Uh, I never said it was.... I said that my role made me think it was POSSIBLE. I have no confirmation of this. I even said my wincon ("you win when all threats to the peace have been neutralized") made me doubt that.

smargaret is misrepping scum.

p-edit: DP beat me to it, but I'll post anyway.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:48 am

Post by mothrax »

I did consider your claim, read the end of my second catch-up. Considering it does not make it believable automagically. You claimed an anti-town role, with a warmongering flavorname. What reason do I have to make me believe your claim makes you look town.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Amrun »

Oh, wait, I missed the second part of your post, DP.

How have I misrepped you? I was asking you a direct question. I really didn't understand what you meant by that post. (You can use wiki...?) why the vote back on me?

And I believe it was you who voted for artem for "being so town" or something along those lines and it stuck out to me as making no sense.

p-edit: mothrax, I actually understand that point all too well. I can't do anything about it. I thought fabricating my own, less-questionable flavorname would be a lot more risky than just sticking with my ACTUAL flavorname. Lying as town makes no sense even when my flavorname is so... meh. It's really not my fault or my problem any longer. That's the mod's decision.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:51 am

Post by DavidParker »

MAYBE READ BEFORE MAKING ACCUSATIONS. IM ACTUALLY GOING TO SLEEP NOW. BECOMING DELIRIOUS.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:55 am

Post by LimMePls »

No way a scum is that careless with a fake claim. NO WAY.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:56 am

Post by DavidParker »

YOUR WIFOM MAKES MY HEAD HURT. I HOPE MY CAPS DOES THE SAME TO YOU.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:57 am

Post by smargaret »

DP, how on earth is making a factual statement about the setup and stating an opinion about a player misrepping?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:02 am

Post by mothrax »

@LMP: look at my claim on D2 in Mafia on Holy Orders, look at several of the claims in Reckamonics Ocarina of Time Mafia.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Amrun »

smargaret wrote:DP, how on earth is making a factual statement about the setup and stating an opinion about a player misrepping?
a) No one knows if your statement is factual or not.

b) I never said it was definitely Soviet vs. US and your post CLEARLY implied I did. Of course, your first and second sentences COULD be totally unrelated... but ANYONE reading your post would assume they are related, and if they were skimming they might assume I said it was definitely Soviet vs US and that this makes me a liar. That's a misrepresentation.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”