GreyICE (0) -
CooLDoG (0) -
UncertainKitten (0) -
Mina (0) -
GhostWriter (0) -

Not Voting (4) - Untrod Tripod, AlmasterGM, Mina, GhostWriter

The Current deadline in Februrary. The Countdown can be found
HERE

With 11 alive - 6 are required to lynch and 4 are required to lynch at deadline.

Activity Check - All good.

"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:48 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

I love how your defense is that you know you're town. And no, we haven't clarified Zang is town. We've clarified that the moderator took a few minutes deciding whether the neighborhood was confirmed town or not.

You know, an LMP lynch is becoming a lot more attractive right now if that's the best he has.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:59 am

Post by LimMePls »

Uvnote
Vote: UK

Wake up and smell the scum folks.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:05 am

Post by GreyICE »

I'm waiting for AGM's post, because I'm still wearing socks. I was promised that I wouldn't be wearing socks, and I still am. I want my bare feet goddamn it!
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:33 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Fuck.

I had this really, really baller theory all planned out, and just as I was about to slam it down, I went back and found a CRITICAL hole in it that pretty much renders it null

FUUUUUCK. I'm going to have to do a re-read of the last 6 pages now. Should be done by today, but it'll be a lot less sweet than previously planned.

But that doesn't mean we can't have AWESOME TIME WITH AGM:

At the end of the last day, I was "poisoned" by Katsuki. This prevented me from posting in the neighbor quicktopic, the thread ... or doing pretty much anything. It was like an uber roleblock. However, the jailkeep ability meant it also likely protected me. Not to be arrogant, but given that I looked very town yesterday, it is highly likely that the scum targeted me for the NK and it then got stopped by Katsuki.

So there's that.

However, there is also something interesting about this. I was debating whether to come out with this information at first because I had such a strong town-tell on Zang, but I think it's significant enough to be worth it:

Zang is a roleblocker.

If Katsuki is a jailkeeper, that means Zang being town would mean there are two roleblocking abilities on the same time. That seems odd. There's only ONE wrench that gets thrown into the plan:

I know that Magna likes to design setups that question that question the players' core assumptions about mafia.

This may not seem like a big deal, but I assure you, it is absolutely KEY to unlocking this setup. I still have to deliberate, but right now I'm basically weighing which Magna would be more likely to do:

1) Town roleblocker + additional town blocking role.
2) Main character is scum, neighborized town player.

…and then I also have to consider the other [REDACTED] tell from earlier. It's tough, but given Zang's play, I'm leaning towards #2. I just want a LITTLE more time to think about it.

And if anybody dares try and lecture me about not trying to outguess the mod, I will hit them. There is information hidden in this setup, and I am going to find it.

TENTATIVE VOTE: ZANG
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:38 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Yeah Zang, I see you browsing the forum.

I'm sorry it had to be this way.

Come to the quicktopic and convince me you are town. Otherwise, I may be forced to turn on you.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:43 am

Post by GreyICE »

Wait a second. Wait one second. Your QT has daytalk? You mean that the scum can daytalk?

Fuck, this challenges a lot of my assumptions about what might be going on.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

AlmasterGM wrote:Yeah Zang, I see you browsing the forum.

I'm sorry it had to be this way.

Come to the quicktopic and convince me you are town. Otherwise, I may be forced to turn on you.

?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Mariyta »

I guess that would explain why Zang was making such a big deal about my JK/RB comment.

The main hitch in all of this is if Fronsac is scum, why wouldn't his best buddy Mani be, too?

P-edit: Just because the neighbors have daytalk, it doesn't necessarily mean the scum do.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:48 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I don't think we can even bother talking about flavor not being right whilst CD lives.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:49 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

GreyICE wrote:Wait a second. Wait one second. Your QT has daytalk? You mean that the scum can daytalk?
I don't know if the scum have daytalk. I'm not scum. But yes, we neighbors can daytalk.

Not that it's any use - it's mostly just me yelling at Zang. :( If only...
Mari wrote:The main hitch in all of this is if Fronsac is scum, why wouldn't his best buddy Mani be, too?
Yeah, I pulled the ULTIMATE GAMBIT on D1 to save Zang only to bus him the very next day.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Mariyta »

Valid point. (@GW)

P-edit: That's not what I'm saying. I've had you pegged as town most of the game. It just doesn't make any sense.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:50 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

GhostWriter wrote:I don't think we can even bother talking about flavor not being right whilst CD lives.
We need to deal with the Zang issue first. If he is scum, he is a roleblocker, which is a bad thing for the town.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:51 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Mariyta wrote:P-edit: That's not what I'm saying. I've had you pegged as town most of the game. It just doesn't make any sense.
You're forgetting this very important bit of info:
AGM wrote:I know that Magna likes to design setups that question that question the players' core assumptions about mafia.
Making the main character scum and neighborizing him with a townie seems to fit this bill pretty well.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:54 am

Post by GhostWriter »

AGM, I'm not talking about lynching CD. I'm just stating that if anyone has qualms about flavor not seeming right about this, then they can just look at CD's claim. That's the most fucked up flavor so far. So having one character be scum and the other not wouldn't surprise me. Not if CD is actually town.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Mariyta »

I've never played a Magna game before, so I'll have to take your word on it.

UNVOTE: UT, VOTE: Zang That's L-2. I doubt Zang will say much unless he feels intense pressure.
-Susan Ertz

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:43 am

Post by GreyICE »

Shit. I had a whole long post and I deleted it because I just found an enormous fucking hole in AGM's post. And now I can't comment anything I wanted to.

Lets assume the following occurred:

1) Katsuki used her power
2) Scum submitted a kill on AGM
3) Zang is scum

Does this sequence add up? Lets see:

1) Katsuki used her power? Lets examine this claim.

Wednesday, Feb 09, 10:53 AM
Either way, if you guys are gonna end up lynching me, give me warning. I'll be on later to use my ability to hopefully disable a scum from using the QT tonight.
Wednesday, Feb 09, 11:40 AM
Sigh I know. I sicken myself with my play as of late. Hence why I'm in only 2 games now (including this one), and not joining any new ones.
I was overdue for retirement a few weeks ago as my head hasn't properly been in mafia, but thought I could stick it out for this game. Evidently I was wrong.

Wednesday, Feb 09, 2:40 PM (3 hours later), from Uncertain Tripod:
ok, fuck this honkey noise
vote Katsuki
I see NO EVIDENCE that Katsuki submitted her power. Mine uses the thread. CDs uses the thread. Even assuming Katsuki did NOT use the thread, I don't see any evidence from 2:40 that the power was used.

2) The scum sent the kill after AGM

Really? Lets examine this one in detail. AGM was blocked from the QT. Therefore he could say NOTHING to Zang. Now, we're supposed to believe that Zang is sitting there, claimed roleblocker. And AGM says nothing to him, all night. And he reports this to his scum buddies. And they decide to shoot AGM? I mean really? Katsuki's ability was JUST CLAIMED. And look what she posted:
Katsuki wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:OH AND NOW UR REPLACING OUT
BYE SCUM.
MoI seems like a nice guy. Let's save him the trouble of finding a replacement by LYNCHING THE CLAIMED SCUM. Yee?
As much as I love you, I'll hate you for all eternity if you actually are town.
AGM was her single top scumread going out. No matter how bad her play was, she knows the drill - on day 1 you Jailkeep on to lock down scum reads, not to protect town reads. He says NOTHING in the QT all night to Zang and... what? They decide to submit a shot on him anyway? The only person who would have the least little idea that Katsuki submitted her power would be Zang - no talking from AGM. And AGM just claimed to be
constantly
berating Zang. If he didn't post a single thing that night, then... what? Why would they do this? If that's the case, and Zang flips scum I'm just picking the biggest fucking idiots in the entire thread and lynching them sequentially.

But this entire thing does not add up. It does not add up at all. Something is very,
very
wrong here.

I want some more comments on this, right the hell now. Mariyta is willing to go along with this, GW is going along with this, everyone seems very very happy to say that this is what happened. Maybe it did happen that way. Maybe Katsuki submitted the roleblock sometime after the 11:40 post and UT's hammer and then posted nothing in thread. Maybe the entire scumteam is just that brain dead. Maybe they were all like 'herp derp, well, AGM isn't saying anything, lets just kill the loser and remove the one person arguing scum-Zang is town.'
MAYBE.

But I am not lynching a town roleblocker no matter how fucking worthless because of a case with holes this big in it. I agree we're hitting the point of 'power role saturation' unless the scum have magical miracle abilities they haven't goddamn used yet, but Jesus fucking Christ this theory of AGM's is bad. I think the worst part is him inserting himself into the hero role that miraculously blocked the night kill.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:47 am

Post by GreyICE »

Now I want to pressure TWO DIFFERENT people. And only one of them is Zang.

We need answers, because this one is not town-town. This one is not town-town at all. Something reeks of scum around here.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:54 am

You know what my theory is? I don't like all this role bullshit, but we're so far in now, Zang might as well claim HIS fucking target.

I think GI brings up relevant points, relevant enough so that, while my suspicions of Zang are FAR from dispelled, I'm willing to fry a different fish.

Unvote, Vote LMP

Isn't his defense just ~*~amazing~*~? First he's all like "I know I'm town". GOOD JOB, WANT A TROPHY? Then he votes me because...I suspect him? Or is he trying to admit that earlier meta bullshit? Cause that'd be UTTERLY HILARIOUS!
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:57 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

I know the target.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:58 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

And Zang just posted in the QT to tell me that he's "busy with another game and can't post for a while."

WEEEEHEE.

GreyICE, your analysis is sooooooooo wrong.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:08 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Also shit I just realized GreyICE effectively called me scum by saying I was lying about getting targeted.

ARE YOU FOR REAL?
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:09 am

Can you explain why, AGM? I mean, if you weren't posting in the QT, it DOES seem like it would follow that the scum would realize you were jailkept. It IS possible they had a brain fart (especially if Zang is on their team), but still, it's tough to swallow. What did Gray miss?

...did Gray actually say that? I didn't see anything about lying...
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:14 am

Post by GreyICE »

Oh UK, don't get me wrong, I am noticing LMP, but this takes such screaming precedence right now. Zang is fucking scummy as shit, but AGM just flipped a 180. A complete fucking 180. He went from defending Zang yesterday with his 'top sekret planz' to wanting Zang lynched.

If Zang is scum, then I'll believe all sorts of things (well except UT's bus theory, because the neighbor claim is gonna look reaaaaalllll interesting when one of them doesn't flip neighbor (smart bus was smart!), but if Zang is town, then AGM is scum, and one of the people who just hopped on the Zang wagon innocently is scum. I can really, really see why scum want a town roleblocker to claim target, and lets face it, Zang wasn't gonna claim jack shit if he's not talking to AGM in the QT.

I am not accepting a dismount at this point. I am not letting this one go. I am not going after the aptly-named LynchMePlease. I am getting to the bottom of this
right.
now.
The level of coordination possible from Daytalking scum is EXTREME. I am NOT wandering off topic and letting this one slip because something is shiny.

PEDIT: AlmasterGM, I don't give a frogs ass if you tell me it's wrong. I want to know why it's wrong. On the other hand, if your report from inside the QT is ANYWHERE near accurate, then Zang is close to triggering the same epic rage I felt at CooLDoG. But why is what I wrote wrong?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:18 am

I'm missing a connection here Gray. Why is AGM scum if Zang is town? The way I see it AGM just got a little quick with his results. Secondly, not seeing why scum would care about a town RB target. Well, mostly. It doesn't seem to be worth it, more like. At best they find out if they were blocked by Zang or not. I don't see how this furthers the scum win con a whole lot?

Until more information is ferreted about the Zang/AGM thing, I'm happy with my LMP vote.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”