Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

UncertainKitten wrote:@SC: Well, guess what? I'm insulted by the insinuation that I can't play basic fucking mafia. So learn to read or accept that you fucked up.
You can learn word order in the meantime. "You of course don't try to speculate about doctors/who they protected" ≠ "Of course you don't try to speculate about doctors/who they protected," although it may appear to on the surface.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by GreyICE »

He's town, last post just proved it. So no more CD shit.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

GreyICE wrote:He's town, last post just proved it.
How? Because he called you town?
His last post didn't prove anything.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Mina »

Oh, FFS. Why does everyone in this game have some kind of emotional disorder?

First of all, before Untrod Tripod wastes lots of speculation on who would withhold a nightkill, let's just end this. After Katsuki's mislynch, we were at eleven players. A NK would have brought us back to ten, meaning we'd be in MYLO on D3 assuming three scum. But because of the no-kill, we've won a free mislynch. Any scum player who'd deliberately withhold as a strategy (particularly since night didn't last the full seventy-two hours) is a moron.

A town roleblocker who thinks he or she's in danger of being nightkilled and his target won't be lynched today should claim (or breadcrumb his or her target unambiguously in the case of his or her death). Otherwise, everyone just shut up about the blocked kill.

I almost voted in this post, but hang on. StrangerCoug. Knowing that you misinterpreted UK's post that you thought was rolefishing, are you still feeling good about your UncertainKitten vote? Do you have any other reasons to want UncertainKitten lynched today?

LMP, what do you think about the people saying your link to UK's meta as a SK was irrelevant because this is her town meta as well? (FWIW, I've seen her in Ladies Night as town, and she was equally tetchy at anyone who suspected her there.) Also, what made you go from having UK as your number two town read to being your top suspect?
StrangerCoug wrote:Why aren't you considering a town roleblocker?
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black when it comes to rolefishing.

I've been giving UT the benefit of the doubt all game, simply because he was so lurky and scummy-looking as town in Hydra Mafia that I was impressed he was contributing here, but at this point, I could settle for his lynch. I hated his dancing between wagons yesterday and his hop onto the Katsuki wagon and hammer, and he's REALLY over the top in his defences today.

I think GhostWriter, Mariyta, GreyICE, AlmasterGM, and UncertainKitten (although I should reread her with an open mind just to see if I'm missing the case on her) are town. I'm undecided on CooLDoG right now, both because his character name is such a blatant scum one and because I didn't like how his reads changed when it was time to choose a dayvig target. But I don't want to lynch him today.

AlmasterGM, please share more thoughts on Zang. Has he behaved townishly in the QT? Are you
still
positive he's town?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mina wrote:StrangerCoug. Knowing that you misinterpreted UK's post that you thought was rolefishing, are you still feeling good about your UncertainKitten vote? Do you have any other reasons to want UncertainKitten lynched today?
I wish her wording were clearer if she really did mean what she claims to have said, but I don't have anything else strong on her. I think an UNVOTE: is in order since you bring this up.

Untrod Tripod and Zang are my other suspects, but I need to read UT a bit closer. I'll continue my Day 1 push on Zang in the meantime.

VOTE: Zang

LMP, what do you think about the people saying your link to UK's meta as a SK was irrelevant because this is her town meta as well? (FWIW, I've seen her in Ladies Night as town, and she was equally tetchy at anyone who suspected her there.) Also, what made you go from having UK as your number two town read to being your top suspect?
Mina wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Why aren't you considering a town roleblocker?
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black when it comes to rolefishing.
That was the first alternative theory to the doctor that came to mind. UncertainKitten responds to this with a good point.

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

GreyICE wrote:I READ THE GAMES OF PEOPLE I AM PLAYING WITH. DO NOT WIFOM ME ABOUT HOW SCUM WOULD 'KNOW BETTER THAN ACT SCUMMY.' YOUR REACTION WASN'T THAT OF TOWN, IT WAS THE REACTION OF SCUM WHO WAS CAUGHT OFF GUARD AND FISHING FOR WHAT FUCKED UP THE PLAN.

IT MIGHT BE THE FIRST HONEST REACTION WE GOT OUT OF YOU ALL GAME. BUT WE FUCKING GOT IT.
Is this an oblique reference to having a scum meta read? What games did you read and how did they lead you to a scum meta?
Mina wrote:I'm undecided on CooLDoG right now, both because his character name is such a blatant scum one and because I didn't like how his reads changed when it was time to choose a dayvig target. But I don't want to lynch him today.
Do you think he's scum or not? That quote says to me "I don't know if he's scum, but I'm pretty sure he's scum"
Mina wrote:and he's REALLY over the top in his defences today.
Blaaaaaaaaaaatant misrep. If I thought GI was scum, I would have just ignored him. I think he's town and wanted to try to get him to understand that I wasn't rolefishing. If anyone was over the top in anything today, it was GI by the way.
First of all, before Untrod Tripod wastes lots of speculation on who would withhold a nightkill, let's just end this. After Katsuki's mislynch, we were at eleven players. A NK would have brought us back to ten, meaning we'd be in MYLO on D3 assuming three scum. But because of the no-kill, we've won a free mislynch. Any scum player who'd deliberately withhold as a strategy (particularly since night didn't last the full seventy-two hours) is a moron.
You call speculation stupid. Then you speculate. I happen to disagree about that analysis, by the way. My reasoning is that by not creating additional information, scum would be much better able to push a town mislynch (you know, kind of the like the one building on me) and then be able to get a NK tonight. Two town kills for nothing instead of two town kills at a cost of a scum member. I'm not saying it's necessarily what happened, but it seemed like a good place to start discussion. This has all gotten blown way out of proportion.

Also:
Mina wrote:(particularly since night didn't last the full seventy-two hours)
The Mod wrote:Night 1 begins now and the deadline for action submissions is 48 hours from this post.
MoI said that night would last 48 hours, not 72 hours.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

can't post much, but I only meant to put zang in once, when I was ctrl-c ing names in I put him in twice by accident.
after a wank.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

So...why is he so far removed from his prior incarnation? To be honest, it sounds like you were plug and chugging names and got caught doing it.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

Yes I coped the friggin player list and arranged them in my order. Yes I did that, don't we all? I love the copy and paste button, we all use it and abuse it. If I wanted to chugg names I would have just posted a copy of the player list and forgotten about it.

mina's post is urrg. Sounds like a well disguised role fishy to me. pending farther reading...

@mod, could we please tone down the insults in here. Its getting excessive. Ice and UK really need to chill it.
after a wank.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Hey, wait a second, I launched no personal insults today. Attack people for scummy play and being obvscum? Sure. But I ain't losing us this by getting modkilled.

UT can get himself modkilled, saves a lynch and day continues, profit!
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:37 pm

@CD: Eh, I haven't been that insulting, I've merely been concluding that people are acting dumb. If that's too much you'll just have to

And by plug and chug I mean you just placed names randomly and hoped no one would look closely.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

GreyICE wrote:UT can get himself modkilled
For what, exactly?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Rule D2. Or whatever your faction's penalty will be, maybe you lose another NK or something.

At this point I think you should stop talking about who will or will not get Modkilled for actions. That's my call and really isn't germaine to the Mafia game itself.

Mina, I'm 90% we can stick CD into the town category. I want people to stop needling him pronto, poking at nigh confirmed town on day 2 is stupid. Also, can you tell me why GhostWriter is town? He's not on my list of town reads tbh. Which yes, I won't be handing out too often.

And yeah, I want AlmasterGM in here. I know he had some magical hoodoo that we can't discuss, but he also had some TOP SEKRET PLANZ and frankly his entire 'fucking mysterious' act is really fucking getting to me. Zang can show up or not for all I care - past instances of his posting have not actually shed any light on any issue ever. Has this thread really been open less than 24 hours?
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

GreyICE wrote:maybe you lose another NK or something.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice
GI wrote:Rule D2. Or whatever your faction's penalty will be,
Rule D2? The one about not being a jerk?
GreyICE wrote: SHUT UP TURBO CUNT, YOUR LYNCH CHAINING IS NOTED AND IGNORED FOR NOW.

I WANT SOME FUCKING EXPLANATIONS FROM COOLDOG FUCKING STAT.
Not sayin, just sayin'.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Yeah, the one that may or may not have triggered the mod note to the town? I'm starting to think you ain't even paying attention to this game. You're really not distracting me here, and I don't think I'm sold that you're distracting anyone else.

Guys, I hope you have a reaaallll good case as to why someone else is the goddamn lynch, because right now? Not seeing it.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Mina wrote:LMP, what do you think about the people saying your link to UK's meta as a SK was irrelevant because this is her town meta as well? (FWIW, I've seen her in Ladies Night as town, and she was equally tetchy at anyone who suspected her there.) Also, what made you go from having UK as your number two town read to being your top suspect?
The "meta" was not meant to be "conclusive" only "this is like what she was acting like there". Those who want to dismiss it are fine, it's just that her response to the vig threat was so anti-town it reminded me of that flipout. As for why she is such a suspect now, it was her response to CD vig threat against her. Way too survivalist. I don't think townies act that way in response to a vig threat.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:24 am

Post by CooLDoG »

The mafia scum people changed around the theme again... everything look different, moving on...

@UK, yeah I know what you mean, I didn't place names in random order. You might do that some times, but I try to at least use a little bit of my brain.

@mina, howbout dat role fish in #1003?
mina wrote:A town roleblocker who thinks he or she's in danger of being nightkilled and his target won't be lynched today should claim (or breadcrumb his or her target unambiguously in the case of his or her death). Otherwise, everyone just shut up about the blocked kill.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:24 am

Post by CooLDoG »

again?
mod, fix the tags, I screwed it up

Done.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
after a wank.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:53 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Vote Count 2.1 - as of Post 1018

Zang (1) - StrangerCoug
Untrod Tripod (4) - Mariyta, GreyICE, LynchMePls, CooLDoG
Mariyta (0) -
AlmasterGM (0) -
LynchMePls (0) -
StrangerCoug (0) -
GreyICE (0) -
CooLDoG (0) -
UncertainKitten (0) -
Mina (0) -
GhostWriter (0) -

Not Voting (6) - Zang, Untrod Tripod, AlmasterGM, UncertainKitten, Mina, GhostWriter

The Current deadline in Februrary. The Countdown can be found
HERE

With 11 alive - 6 are required to lynch and 4 are required to lynch at deadline.

Activity Check - All good. The first activity check will be Monday morning.

MOD NOTE - I will be V/LA this weekend. I'm taking the family for an overnight stay out of town. I will do my best check in via cell but am limited in what I can do from it.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:57 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@uk, can I steal that .gif?
after a wank.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:22 am

Post by Mariyta »

Couple things. First, SC just moved a bit closer to the scumalicious setting on my scumdar. He seemed completely willing to go ahead with his (ill-reasoned) UK vote until Mina called him on it, then he reluctantly unvoted. Second, I still think Zang might be scum (though if he is, flavor reads are essentially useless). Third, how likely would it be to have both an RB and a JK? I don't think I've seen both together. (ZOMGROLEFISHING)

UT, Mina never called speculation stupid. You're the one who throws in words like that to discredit, not her. She's given (the most logical) reasons why your suggestion is most likely null and void.

UK has actually behaved herself quite well this game. I'm very proud of her.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:55 am

Feel free to steal it CD. It's fun perpetuating reaction images :P.

@Mari: I swear I did it at least once. Not sure if they were both town.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:15 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mariyta wrote:Couple things. First, SC just moved a bit closer to the scumalicious setting on my scumdar. He seemed completely willing to go ahead with his (ill-reasoned) UK vote until Mina called him on it, then he reluctantly unvoted.
The vote still held for what I interpreted as encouraging GreyICE to rolefish. This turned into a "you can't read" vs. "you can't order your words" pissing contest. While I still feel I've won that contest, the consideration needed to be taken that UncertainKitten could indeed have meant what she was claiming to.
Mariyta wrote:Second, I still think Zang might be scum (though if he is, flavor reads are essentially useless).
Wait—you think Zang could be scum, yet I'm scummy for voting him? Unless you think I'm bussing him, this makes no sense.
FoS
Mariyta wrote:Third, how likely would it be to have both an RB and a JK?
When the hell did I bring up a jailkeeper?

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:29 am

Post by Mariyta »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Mariyta wrote:Second, I still think Zang might be scum (though if he is, flavor reads are essentially useless).
Wait—you think Zang could be scum, yet I'm scummy for voting him? Unless you think I'm bussing him, this makes no sense.
FoS
I second UK's request that you learn to read. When did I say you were scummy for voting Zang, or anything about your vote for Zang? I mentioned your vote for UK.
Not
your vote for Zang.
Again, what does that comment have to do with you? I said nothing about you. I was asking "how likely would it be to have both an RB and a JK", since some people seem to be thinking there was an RB vs a doc.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:38 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mariyta wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
FoS
I second UK's request that you learn to read.
And I reiterate my request that people make their posts clear. I interpreted the entire paragraph, not just the beginning, as an attack on me. (Though looking at it again, you
DO
have your word order straight...)
Mariyta wrote:When did I say you were scummy for voting Zang, or anything about your vote for Zang? I mentioned your vote for UK.
Not
your vote for Zang.
I switched my vote from UncertainKitten to Zang, and your bringing up Zang followed your discussion of my unvote of UK. Therefore, I thought there was some sort of connection.
Again, what does that comment have to do with you? I said nothing about you. I was asking "how likely would it be to have both an RB and a JK", since some people seem to be thinking there was an RB vs a doc.[/quote]
Why are you suggesting a role combination that you claim never to have seen then?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”