Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by Edge »

Sevei wrote:First, I’m assuming that either no one knows what “teaparty” is, even though at least two of you who posted after I asked have USED the term in this game, or that you’re just not reading all the posts. I want to know what it means, so if you know, could you please tell me? Thanks.

Second, I didn’t have Internet or power for the better part of last week, and a lot has happened; I unfortunately also got off to a slow start before that, but, AGAIN, I should be able to contribute more regularly now, barring anymore interference from the weather. (I live in a rural area, in the South, where we are not always prepared to deal with things like snow and ice.)

Thoughts on the Game:

(given as succinctly as possible)

I still believe Plum is scum, for all the reasons that have been listed before.

The cases on Hohum are also compelling. I also don't like that Mari replaced out not only after being pressured, but after having serious and potentially damning questions put to her; Hohum's attitude to today also leaves much to be desired.

It is notable that when MasterSpy replaced in, Mina made a case on Singer (who MoI has mentioned briefly since then, but is not focusing on) and MoI made a case on Mari. Up until this point neither Singer nor Mari had been truly scrutinized (aside from Quadz’s case on Mari which was at a standstill), and now Mari/Hohum is a likely lynch candidate. Also, when MS entered the game and these cases were made, what happened? Attention was taken away from Plum, and she has since relaxed and no longer seems quite as driven by the nervous energy that informed her early play.

It’s a bit of a conundrum that MS is in fact a hydra; dealing with both heads (and one that apparently “waffles” a lot) allows for a certain amount of grace for inconsistency that isn’t afforded to the rest of us. MS scum could be getting away with target fishing and fence-sitting solely because of this, which I don’t like—especially since MoI has pointed out how often Mina is waffling in their QT. I often find drawing attention to something like that is a tell of sorts; it’s something he’s worried about, so he mentions it to sort of diffuse suspicions of it. Also of note: Mina’s first post was very sympathetic to Plum; MoI’s posts considerably less so.

He has said this:
MasterSpy wrote:
Deadline is coming rather quickly – we need to get the Imbue hammered before HoHum or Plum takes the rope.
and this
MasterSpy wrote:
Once we deal with Plum and HoHum you can rest assured I’ll be looking more seriously at you.
yet his entire “case” on Plum is this:
MasterSpy wrote:
The case on Plum (calling Edge obv-Town early yet forgetting it actually included Fate) is so-so but Plum’s reaction isn’t what I would expect from Plum-Town. In [REDACTED] the mention by me that she wasn’t obv-Town (not scum mind you, just not obv-Town) was met with an immediate and emotional attack.
Her response to Edge here is much more along the line of ‘Ooops, tehehehe’.
Damning? No.
But inconsistent enough that I think it scummy.
And he doesn't even think it's damning, but he's got her in the top two of his reads, enough so that he mentions her twice in conjunction with lynching.

My top three scum reads are Plum, MS, and Hohum.

The problem with this is that I don’t see how Hohum and MS would work as partners, especially if we also have Plum-scum…why would MS come in and clear one buddy by attacking another (who wasn’t even really in danger at that time)?

MS and Plum make sense as partners to me; Plum’s relief at being removed from the spotlight is apparent. MS is keeping a safe distance from Plum, not totally clearing her but not focusing on her, either. I can also see the Hohum/Plum pairing, but Mari’s early interactions with Plum didn’t strike me that way; I need to do some more rereading for that.

Either way, I can only fit two of these three into a scum equation, and Plum fits in both pairings. I’ve got an “either/or” read on MS and Hohum; still trying to work it out.

Vote: Plum
L-2
Imbue: Quadz
Hammer
My name is is ReaperCharlie and I approve of this message.

Train of Thought™

1. Plum made erroneous statements (whether or not they were lies... ?)
2. Plum got all hot and bothered when Fate was pressuring her earlier, but
3. MagnaSpy came in and came to her defence, relieving the pressure...
4. Plum went back to being useless again.
5. Plum is definitely the lynch for today and it's about time more people vote her.
6. If she flips scum, MasterSpy goes next. Guilty by association.
7. I agree somewhat that hohum is being deliberately passive/useless to divert attention.
8. Earlier though, Mariyta gave me huge scum pings when talking about Plum.
9. Not meaning to line up lynches, but Mariyta needed to go, and hohum does too.
10. If suddenly hohum became very useful and pro-town, I might change my mind.
11. Packers won. Sucks for you Steelers fans. Also, Christina Aguilera is an idiot.
12. Chicken pot pie is yummy. Extremely yummy.
13. Best superbowl commercials are here and here.
14. Oh crap, there's only a little bit of time left at work...
15. I should probably wrap up this post, do some actual work, and then go home.
True strength is found at the edge of sanity.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Oh right, that makes sense. Everybody who's played with me thinks I'm town.... except for MS who is scum. Had forgotten.

Also, the Packers won really. They got cheated.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Andrius »

Day One, Lynch-Count Twelve

Plum (5): AlmasterGM, Edge, gandalf5166, SpyreX, Sevei
hohum (3): quadz08, MasterSpy, Katy
AlmasterGM (1): Plum
gandalf5166 (1): singersigner
Katy (1): hohum
MasterSpy (1): VasudeVa

Not Voting (0):

Day One, Imbue-Count Twelve

quadz08 (7): Plum, MasterSpy, Katy, Edge, singersigner, VasudeVa, Sevei

AlmasterGM (4): AlmasterGM, SpyreX, hohum, quadz08
SpyreX (1): gandalf5166

Not Voting (0):

Notices
With 12 alive it takes 7 to Lynch and/or Imbue.
Deadline is set at Thursday, February 10th, at 1:00pm PST.

Notice
As the sun begins to sink in the ashy Mordor sky you all beckon quadz08 to take The One Ring. At first he hesitates, then moves towards the flat rock on which Isilduir's Bane was placed. He scoops The One Ring into the fold of his cloak, and deposits it into some pocket.

Behind you Barad-dur shines in a unholy sable light as the sun begins to set behind it.

All flavor aside,
quadz08 bears The One Ring for Night One.

The Imbue-count will not be reflected in the rest of D1 votecounts, only a reminder that quadz08 bears The One Ring for N1.

Lynch votes are as they were. Deadline stands.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

I think it's worth noting that all three scum are on the imbue count for quadz.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by SpyreX »

God can this day end PLEASE.

I'm flabbergasted and irritated that quadz got it still mostly because I don't think I ever got a real explanation for it.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Exactly. No one has adequately explained why quadz is town by anything but PoE.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by SpyreX »

and YOU mr are this weird shrodingers player of 50% posts that make me want to put a bullet through your head and 50% high fives and I DONT LIKE THAT
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by quadz08 »

So, I ISO'ed MS, and nothing jumped out at me as being scummy. That's mostly for future reference; he's clearly not the lynch for the today.

I'd make another comment about how my case on hohum/mari is way better than the case on Plum, but that'd be redundant.

Also, LOL at Schrodinger-Gandalf.
I don't know much about Schrodinger, but I have to agree with this analogy from what I do know. xD
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by Plum »

hohum wrote:I spent most of the morning spelunking this thread and I really like Katy for the first scum now.

Vote: Katy

I've got a plane to catch in an hour, so I'll post an update when I land in Abaco later on.
O RLY? Spent that long browsing the thread and you couldn't quote anything of Katy's that qualified as some sort of scumtell? I'm not too pleased with Katy myself, but this reeks of someone avoiding posting his opinions in the thread. And resorts to calling out a player for lurking when Sevei was, give or take, on V/LA.
gandalf5166 wrote:
UNVOTE
VOTE PLUM

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

BUT ONLY IF WE GET TO LYNCH SS TOMORROW.
Do me a favor, sheep, and if I get lynched today think twice about lynching SS over someone like AGM. Or hohum.
Sevei wrote:I still believe Plum is scum, for all the reasons that have been listed before.
I know you've been short on time, but have you read my responses to your points?
MasterSpy wrote:
VV wrote:And, holy fucking shit. He's deliberately bringing back "OMG YOR LYING ABOUT PAST META!!" discussions with his #473. This shit already happened with Plum and you're bringing it back again?
I’m sorry I missed the part where I wasn’t able to make observations in the game.

VV wrote:vote: MasterSpy(Plus, I have an MoI D1 lynch streak going on and I dun wanna break it. >:D)
This is further evidence you just are bad at this game, not that half the game doesn’t already know this.

1. Calling 1 game a streak is classic.
2. So you want to continue that ‘streak’ where you lynched me as Town? Yeah, that’s smart :roll:

Do us all a favor and lay of the weed. It’s irreparably damaged your cognitive functions.
Is there some part of you so humorless that you simply cannot take a joke for what it is???? Srsly.

MasterSpy, I'll say it once and once only: If you had pointed out anyone as 'not obv-Town' in the way you did in the game, and I noticed, I would have found it scummy by virtue of how it was done in the context of the game'. I didn't regard it as an attack by you. I regarded it as a scummy move you made. Me being the subject was incidental. Not that I expect you to listen.

RC, the pressure on me, as you put it, got relieved because we
got a bandwagon going on someone I still think is scum

Ah, screw it. If AGM isn't getting lynched I could see a lot worse than lynching hohum. THOUGH AGM has done like Jack-squat in the past few whiles.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: hohum
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Edge »

HEY SWEET THING.

JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT RESPOND TO ME IN THE POST DOESNT MEAN YOURE GOING TO AVOID MY WRATH.

BUT NICE TRY.

WELL NOT REALLY. THIS IS NOTHING LIKE THE PLUMSCUM WHO CLAIMED VT AND THEN "FOOLED US ALL"
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Plum »

DID IT EVER OCCUR TO YOU THAT MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE I'M NOT SCUM? DURRRR.

I WASN'T AWARE THAT YOU HAD SOMETHING TO RESPOND TO THAT DIDN'T INVOLVE AN ANSWER I ALREADY KNEW.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Edge »

OH BUT YOU ARE SCUM. YURRRRRRRRRRRRR
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by Edge »

Edge wrote:1. WRONG. HE'S ALREADY CLAIMED. VV AND GANDALF BOTH HAVENT CHECKED THIS THREAD. VV WAS HIGH WHEN VOTING HIM, GANDALF WAS SHEEPING
2. FIRST IT WAS "I CANT READ YOU+THERE WERE SCUMMIER PEOPLE" NOW ITS "MODERATELY TOWNISH THINGS+RC HAS IGNORED ME" ??? LOLSCUM
3. "YOU GOT NOTHIN CONCRETE ON ME" SCUMTELL. HERES MY CITATION: YOUR ISO. HERES MY CASE: WHOEVER ELSE IS TOWN IN THIS GAME READ PLUMS ISO AND TELL ME IF IM NOT RIGHT. HERES MY EXECUTION: GANDALF WILL VOTE YOU. SPYREX WILL VOTE YOU. AGM IS VOTING YOU. YOU ARE DYING.
4. THE SECOND THING IS YOU BLATANTLY ASKING "SO WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND TO SO I CAN LOOK MORE TOWNISH???" A SCUMTELL IVE SEEN MANY A TIME.

JKEKEKEKKKEAAAAAAA
Edge wrote:1. WRONG. HE'S ALREADY CLAIMED. VV AND GANDALF BOTH HAVENT CHECKED THIS THREAD. VV WAS HIGH WHEN VOTING HIM, GANDALF WAS SHEEPING
2. FIRST IT WAS "I CANT READ YOU+THERE WERE SCUMMIER PEOPLE" NOW ITS "MODERATELY TOWNISH THINGS+RC HAS IGNORED ME" ??? LOLSCUM
3. "YOU GOT NOTHIN CONCRETE ON ME" SCUMTELL. HERES MY CITATION: YOUR ISO. HERES MY CASE: WHOEVER ELSE IS TOWN IN THIS GAME READ PLUMS ISO AND TELL ME IF IM NOT RIGHT. HERES MY EXECUTION: GANDALF WILL VOTE YOU. SPYREX WILL VOTE YOU. AGM IS VOTING YOU. YOU ARE DYING.
4. THE SECOND THING IS YOU BLATANTLY ASKING "SO WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND TO SO I CAN LOOK MORE TOWNISH???" A SCUMTELL IVE SEEN MANY A TIME.

JKEKEKEKKKEAAAAAAA

JKEKEKEKKKEAAAAAAA

JKEKEKEKKKEAAAAAAA

JKEKEKEKKKEAAAAAAA

JKEKEKEKKKEAAAAAAA

JKEKEKEKKKEAAAAAAA

JKEKEKEKKKEAAAAAAA

JKEKEKEKKKEAAAAAAA

JKEKEKEKKKEAAAAAAA

JKEKEKEKKKEAAAAAAA

JKEKEKEKKKEAAAAAAA

REMEMBER RUNNING AWAY FROM THIS POST?
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by Edge »

Plum wrote:DID IT EVER OCCUR TO YOU THAT MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE I'M NOT SCUM? DURRRR.

I WASN'T AWARE THAT YOU HAD SOMETHING TO RESPOND TO THAT DIDN'T INVOLVE AN ANSWER I ALREADY KNEW.
NICE MISTYPE.

OF COURSE YOU HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS.

AND IN CASE YOU MEANT TO SAY "YOU" YOURE RIGHT, I ALREADY KNOW YOU'RE SCUM.

BUT LETS DO THE DANCE ITS PART OF THE FORMALITIES.

PLEASE, GIVE ME YOUR HAND. YOU WONT BURN IN HELL I PROMISE.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Plum »

Exactly what I meant when I said an answer I already knew.

Hm? That post? If you're interested in actuality, fine. If it's just going to be an excuse to tell me yet again that you think I'm scum, in all-caps . . . well I guess it's your lucky day, pal.

1. Still looked viable to me, still was a top suspect, still wanted him lynched.
2. No. It was 'moderately Townish things from you' and as a side point I'm still waiting on something with RC. There's a difference, nach.
3. I like to respond to cases. This is a general thing about me. And yeah, I know you have sheep. Doesn't mean the shepherd knows where he's going nor does it convince me his brains are being used here. I am also not, as it happens, dying. And I rather don't plan on it. I plan on lynching scum instead.
4. I like to respond to cases on me. Regardless of alignment.

P.S. I don't dance with guys.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Edge »

SCUM IN ALL CAPS.

YOU SHOULD DANCE WITH GUYS.

YOU SHOULD TRY EVERYTHING ONCE.

YOU SHOULDN"T LET OTHER PEOPLE TELL YOU HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE.

I COULD SHOW YOU THE WORLD
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Plum »

. . .

Maybe I shouldn't let
you
tell me how to live my life :igmeou:. Maybe I'll dance with a guy, singular, if I'm married to him and we're in private. And although we're getting off topic going back would probably be a rehash so I don't really mind.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by Edge »

You've already claimed scum in this topic, so let's put that aside for now.

What's important is we're alone and we have our entire lives ahead of us, isn't that amazing?

I'm not judging how you live your life, and I know you aren't doing the same to me.

But wouldn't it be interesting to see what's on the other side? To explore all the mysteries of this earth and have as much fun as you can?

Let's take a peek.

What makes anyone else's advice worth more than mine? Are they all living their lives more competently than me? Is there a right way to live?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Plum »

No, wrong again re: scum and/or claiming scum. Re: life, there seems to be a GD topic for religion now.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by Edge »

Shhh stay off topic its ok its ok. I don't want to argue with you anymore.

GD is a scary place. Plus we're the only ones here right now, and I'm at my best when dealing with people 1 on 1.

Plus who said anything about religion?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by Andrius »

Oh god its so hard not to comment here. xD
/runs off to GD
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by Fate »

GET THE FUCK OUT WE'RE HAVING A MOMENT YOU PIECE OF.

JUST FOR THIS I POST OUT OF HYDRA FOR THE NEXT 10 POSTS.

DEAL.
Don't get caught up in yourself, Fate. :lol:
Last edited by Andrius on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Plum »

Edge wrote:Shhh stay off topic its ok its ok. I don't want to argue with you anymore.

GD is a scary place. Plus we're the only ones here right now, and I'm at my best when dealing with people 1 on 1.

Plus who said anything about religion?
I guess me.

Yeah, I've often thought it would be interesting and fun to let myself have perfect freedom. There's plenty I want to do that I won't because of religion/personal scruples/not wanting to rock the boat. And I'm fairly openminded at that. But at the same time there are so many experiences that I will never have. You can't have all the experiences that are out there; you can't be good at everything, read everything there is interesting to read, enjoy everything that's pleasurable because you only live so long. And at only a certain time in history, born in a certain place to a certain family in a certain culture. Given that, you have to find a way of judging what the most meaningful path of experiences and intelligences will be for you - or at least determining a way to narrow down the huge number of options available. That said having as much fun as I can is not a top top priority; meaning is another story, though obviously the two aren't mutually exclusive. There's no right way to live - but depending on who you are there will be different ways of living life approaching your ideal life. As far as I can see, mine doesn't involve dancing with boys.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Fate »

But you can try.

And therein lies the life worth living.

Its all about the journey, not the destination.

Fate is the ultimate Freedom /wink
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by Fate »

Does you ideal life of not dancing with boys stem from a previous negative experience dancing with them?

Or because someone told you how to live your life and you are complying?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”