popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

Saint wrote:
pops, you're rapidly rising on the short list of people I have to stop myself from flaming. I just got in, and really SHOULDN'T be posting right now.

Saint did have a role at the beginning of the game, but it wasn't the Purge. You should be able to see this PLAIN AS DAY from the cycling chart, and since you're running on the assumption that nobody started with two abilities, I can only assume you're being thick.
I find that rather uncharitable of you, I really just missed it. I was using a much older post of IAI's to try to determine who could possibly have purged because it listed whether or not people had a D1 ability. After that I ISO'ed Saint's recent posts. I didn't think to check the cycling record, but should have. If you want to prove I'm fallible, it will be an easy point to prove.

IAI has missed my claims of not purging once or twice now, but I don't feel like flaming him, nor do you seem to want to do so on my behalf. Can't you grant me the same patience I've granted him?
Saint wrote:

I was referring to diddin revealing that the daykill required the Virus to work. Seriously.
If scum COULD take a daykilling ability, they wouldn't need more information for it to be a good idea.
Describing that the daykill required the virus to work heavily suggests it's not one shot, just off of design-mod-wifom. And they would certainly need to confirm that a daykill wasn't one shot before they grabbed it. Diddin said that the daykill had to be public iirc, so the power had a lot of accountability involved, so it's not necessarily something you'd steal based only on the inkling that it has more than one shot. Busdriver-cycling other players in the dark has the potential to grab an investigative role and subsequently send it to the void, or any number of other bright possibilities. Taking the second-lynch power simply gives the holder the option of killing a townie once the player thinks he's going to die anyway, which is basically what tmh did have to do after D2's day game.
Saint wrote:

While it is possible for someone to have not claimed a Purge N1, and therefore make it POSSIBLE that Goofball is Town, there are a number of things stacked against you.
*The game started with an odd number of players (25). Given that this game was designed pre-13-player-Minis, having an odd number of players is indicative of balancing for a single (or odd number of) extra killing element(s).
*Nobody has claimed a Purge N1, but nobody has claimed a Purge N3 either. chkflip was an -obvious- attempt to hit scum; Nero Cain wasn't quite so obvious but still likely an attempt to hit scum, so we can assume with reasonable security that a Townie was behind at least ONE of those hits.
*The difference between Goofball being confirmed Town and confirmed SK is whether someone comes and speaks up about the existence of a Purging element. It's -entirely safe- to do so at this point, because the ability has already cycled away. Any Townie is therefore OBLIGATED to corroborate her story.
*nhammen has already pointed out that the chkflip Purge was not claimed by anyone who has died so far. Ergo, the chkflip Purger is still alive.
*Goofball "forgot" to send in an cycle and doesn't know where it went, yet clearly read enough to know she had a kill and how to use it? That's actually LESS likely than tmh's story, and actually worse than ckd's..
Ok, ok, there's some things I didn't consider carefully enough.
Saint wrote:

And the best part is, we've been over almost all of that already.
What's frustrating is that having played with you before, I'm not sure it's abnormal for you to be this dense.
I think I may have won a game or two off the back of "pops is too stupid to be scum", so I guess I might as well not object to this.
DrippingGoofball wrote:No, that means I didn't have anything relating to a virus, ever.

Also, have some abilities disappeared that shouldn't have?
That's unpossible. That directly contradicts my modinfo for this game. Do you have any explanation for this inconsistency?

Imma go reread my pms for a third time.

-cut-

DGB you should have had more than two subroutines I don't know why you're saying you only had two. If you're not lying, the role is changing in some bastardly unfathomable way.

I only had one ability night one. It's the one I used to infect Stranger Coug with malaria, and it's the same one I passed to DGB. I don't know what's going on.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:56 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

popsofctown wrote:DGB you should have had more than two subroutines I don't know why you're saying you only had two. If you're not lying, the role is changing in some bastardly unfathomable way.
I just checked the PM. That's because it lists abilities "subroutines" that have been REMOVED FROM PLAY. Therefore, they are expected to change. I had double-voter and _____________. Shall I name this ability?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:59 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
popsofctown wrote:DGB you should have had more than two subroutines I don't know why you're saying you only had two. If you're not lying, the role is changing in some bastardly unfathomable way.
I just checked the PM. That's because it lists abilities "subroutines" that have been REMOVED FROM PLAY. Therefore, they are expected to change. I had double-voter and _____________. Shall I name this ability?
Not yet. Let's see what people have to say.

Didn't the Double-Voter get removed D1 with Powerox??? :igmeou:
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

popsofctown wrote:IAI has missed my claims of not purging once or twice now
Proof please? Posts with associated Post numbers will be sufficient.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Roles that could determine a lack of scum teammates:

Treestump: Implosion -> Curiouskarmadog -> I Am Innocent -> q21
Day Vig:
diddin
->
themanhimself
(stole the ability) -> StrangerCoug/randomly sent to WC -> WrathChild
Void Collector: (nobody D1) -> I Am Innocent -> StrangerCoug ->
Hibernate Ability:
quadz08
->
MOI
/Void/Collected by I Am Innocent -> Implosion ->
?: popsofctown -> DrippingGoofball -> LynchMePls (Randomly sent?) -> ?
?: Bunnylover -> nhammen -> Saint -> ?
?: q21/nhammen -> Implosion -> I Am Innocent -> ?
?: q21/nhammen -> Implosion -> popsofctown -> ?
?: Saint -> q21 -> Implosion -> ?
Purge Ability?: ? -> DrippingGoofball -> ? -> ?

Night 3 Actions to pass along

LynchMePls: had one power role D3
popsofctown: had one power role D3
Saint: had one power role D3
StrangerCoug: had one power role D3 (two if you count the dayvig randomly being sent)
I Am Innocent: had two power roles D3
Implosion: had two power roles D3

nhammen: Vanilla Town D3
Curiouskarmadog: Vanilla Town D3
WrathChild: Vanilla Town D3
DrippingGoofball: Vanilla Town D3
q21: Vanilla Town D3
BunnyLover: Vanilla Town D3

When Day 5 happens we should do the following in order:

1) Everyone in their first post state who they sent an ability to Night 3
2) Once
everyone
has completed step #1, then everyone come forward on whether they had a power role Day/Night 4 or not.

***IAI, SC, Saint, WC, LynchMePls, q21, Implosion, nhammen, popsofctown, BunnyLover, Curiouskarmadog, have all claimed not to have purged Nero Cain
That leaves just DrippingGoofball, who should not have been able to purge as he took credit for the night before... :?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:03 pm

I Am Innocent wrote:Didn't the Double-Voter get removed D1 with Powerox??? :igmeou:
That's what I had when I replaced in on Day 2.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

I have got ten roles listed above, and now nine people who claimed to have roles D3/N3.

That means either the Purge ability is not real and DGB is a SK or on a 2nd scum team, or the Purge ability is real and scum had it D3/N3 and town has it today.

We should do the claim thing again D5 for whoever gets purged N4, and if nobody comes forward, DGB should be the lynch candidate (unless we just want to lynch him today).
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:Didn't the Double-Voter get removed D1 with Powerox??? :igmeou:
Did you ever use it?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Post 2104 precedes post 2108, IAI.

DGB, yes the subroutines are supposed to change, but they should increase and increase as the game goes on, logically. You're reporting FEWER than I had, earlier in the game. Either you're lying or I feel rather misled by the modding. Technically he never lied but it doesn't seem kosher.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by WrathChild »

StrangerCoug wrote:
WrathChild wrote:So no one had the Day Vig yesterday? How does the Void Collector work again?
I know I'm jumping the gun here, but I'll answer.

Apparently, the person who has the void collector (me yesterday, which is how I know this) has to choose somebody to whom to pass both that ability and whatever is in the void. I'll claim to whom I passed the VC tomorrow if I'm alive, but since I misunderstood the ability and thought I didn't have to pass anything I didn't remove from the void, you got the dayvig at random.
And here I thought, I was finally earning a bit of respect. I'm a bit bummed it turned out to be random. Oh well.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by LimMePls »

curiouskarmadog wrote:ummmmmmm....what is "tar" about me saying IAI lack of vote look townish?
Nice try to twist it, but THIS is the problem part:
ckd wrote:the q21 attack out of no where, looks quite fucking interesting though…
Its doubly bad that you just use millimouth wording like "interesting", rather than coming out and saying what you mean.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by LimMePls »

I Am Innocent wrote:@ Everyone, please state in your next post if you think at this point in the game, whether we should mass claim our roles from D1/N1 & D2/N2? And why you feel that way.
IMO the game is almost suffering from an OVERabundance of information right now. Not sure if a massclaim is a great idea.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Dude don't say stuff like that, IAI and his bouncers will take you down.
"Well, I..."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:25 pm

I Am Innocent wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Did you ever use it?
I didn't use the double-voter, obv. The other one, yes. Results, no.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:26 pm

popsofctown wrote:
DGB, yes the subroutines are supposed to change, but they should increase and increase as the game goes on, logically. You're reporting FEWER than I had, earlier in the game. Either you're lying or I feel rather misled by the modding. Technically he never lied but it doesn't seem kosher.
If abilities can be taken out of the pool of "out-of-play" abilities, it would account of this effect. I swear, there were only the two.

WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by WrathChild »

Well I think we still need to address the non-pass of the Stump to TMH, which would implicate CKD as scum. If my Day Vig become active, I will probably shoot the stump. I'm gonna go back and look at the Q21 case, at this point I feel it may be my duty to Day-Vig him if the opportunity arises.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by popsofctown »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
popsofctown wrote:
If abilities can be taken out of the pool of "out-of-play" abilities, it would account of this effect. I swear, there were only the two.
Ok, I've been thinking about this ever since the mod told me I could you removed-from-game abilities, and now that speculation makes me HAVE to post this.

I can't think of any probable role that would actually do that. Large numbers of roles are missing, by my reckoning you should have had FIVE night 2. You're claiming two.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

EBWOP, mod told me i could use
"Well, I..."
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

WrathChild wrote:And here I thought, I was finally earning a bit of respect. I'm a bit bummed it turned out to be random. Oh well.
If it's any consolation, I would have partaken in the gunning that some people did after you claimed that the dayvig wasn't in the void had the mod not sent me a clarification. It may have taken me awhile to figure out what was going on, but everything makes sense.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

I Am Innocent wrote:@ Everyone, please state in your next post if you think at this point in the game, whether we should mass claim our roles from D1/N1 & D2/N2? And why you feel that way.
I don't see why not.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Did you ever use it?
I didn't use the double-voter, obv. The other one, yes. Results, no.
And yet the other one was not the purge ability, which you claimed to use N2?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Saint »

I think this conversation about the multibility pops and Goofball are arguing about has been enlightening - it deals nicely with the contradiction I saw earlier, for instance - but I don't think it says anything about alignment; there's no reason for Goofy to lie about it or for pops to raise a fuss for nonexistent reasons.
That doesn't change that Goofy is probably lying about the cycling Purge though. I actually think her defense* against the argument is ingenious.

I think it also explains why the Virus hasn't shown up recently. I don't think it will again tbh. That doesn't make the daykill completely useless, though - it's still an ability that can be cycled.

WrathChild needs to change his avatar to Rodney Dangerfield. No respect. Woo-woo-woo-nyuk-nyuk-etc.

I don't really see a major downside to massclaim, since with Moai's plan scum can't actually HIT what's flying around unless they get it passed to themselves (at which time they get to make the suspicious claim that they passed to the Void). Plus it'll resolve all these nice issues that are coming to light and help maximize what information Town gets out of cycling.
So with that in mind I'm curious as to what LMP Bizkit means by "an overabundance of information". Has there been something said that shouldn't have been?

Also
Vote: DrippingGoofball
(L-6)
Confirmed scum + one less kill per Night (meaning less chance of stuff getting accidentally Voided) > all alternatives.

*ignoring it completely and continuing as if it weren't there, because it's completely indefensible
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:51 pm

I Am Innocent wrote:And yet the other one was not the purge ability, which you claimed to use N2?
It was separate, as I explained before.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:54 pm

popsofctown wrote:EBWOP, mod told me i could use
So we went from 5 abilities out of play on Day 1.... which is a large number for Day 1, no? To TWO on Day 2. I didn't eat them. And how many were there on Day 3?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Saint wrote:*ignoring it completely and continuing as if it weren't there, because it's completely indefensible[/i][/color]
Because you can't lynch me today anyway, on account of the ability I've been passed. And if you can convince a lot of players of what you are trying to convince them of, it's going to make it doubly useful.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”