GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:41 am

Post by GreyICE »

Well just reread the last 10 pages. Results:

Fuck it. HavingFitz doesn't come off as town trying to push create a case on scum, he comes off as scum trying to do... something before he dies. I can't decide what, but when your arguments are "your play is shit" and "you're always wrong day 1" and the good ol' scum standby "well even if you're town
you're bad for this town!
" you have to wonder. When you have posted five times as much in the past day as you have any time before that when it suddenly looks like your death is imminent, I have to say "what the fuck?" There is literally no way a case like the one he presented could convince me that anyone was scum. Ever. In any situation. It's just so bad that I have to agree with UK (*shudder*) when she says scumflailing. I mean if you really, truly think you have a case, why try and stick it so hard only when you're about to die? Want to talk about anti-town? Not pushing a case on someone you think is scum until you realize you might die/be lynched? That's anti-town.

If anything, Katsuki's sycophantic buddying sticks in my craw worse now that I've done a reread. I'm going to
Unvote
Vote: Katsuki
on the theory that HavingFitz has just upgraded himself to prime vigbait. I fucking HATE buddying, it makes my skin crawl whenever I see it. When I reread Katsuki's ISO, I see a little bit here and there, some friend making and smiley faces, but nothing like this amazing level of sycophantic garbage that I see now. It makes me think of more of a scum mindset - "I have to live for the good of my team!" Lets face it a non-offensive word for CooLDoG's play this game would be
somewhat suboptimal.
I don't think he's necessarily what people are making out, but my blood was STEAM yesterday, and there's a reason for that. I'm still bloody pissed. So Katsuki being all like "ooh, good CooLDoG, plz don't shoot me with that gun because you're soooo smaaarrtttt CooLDoG" really sticks where it hurts.

Also guys, seriously, if there is a language filter in this game, just tell me and I'll keep it all PG-13 and shit. I figured there wasn't from page after page of everyone calling each other fucking morons and retards and whatever they wanted, so I called it like I saw it when I was in a lousy goddamn mood. I apologize
again
if anyone was offended, but I don't get the fucking hate ladled my way. Am I that out of line with the tone of the game? Well we've been all called out. So I'll stick to insulting people's arguments and trying to treat the players with respect.

@Mod: Sorry.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:42 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Vote Count 1.20 - As of Post 826

Zang (0) -
Untrod Tripod (2) - Mariyta, CooLDoG
Mariyta (0) -
AlmasterGM (0) -
Katsuki (6) - Mina, GhostWriter, StrangerCoug, Untrod Tripod, AlmasterGM, GreyICE

LynchMePls (0) -
StrangerCoug (2) - UncertainKitten, Zang
GreyICE (0) -
CooLDoG (1) - LynchMePls
UncertainKitten (2) - havingfitz, Katsuki
Mina (0) -
havingfitz (0) -
GhostWriter (0) -

Not Voting (0) - GreyIce

The Current deadline in Februrary 10th at 9:00am EST. The Countdown can be found
HERE

With 13 alive - 7 are required to lynch and 5 are required to lynch at deadline.

Activity Check - All good.

Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

CooLDoG wrote:After sleeping on it I find ether a havingfitz, or a UT day-vig in the towns best interest. I personally like a UT shot. Any objections to that?
Yes. On several levels.
First of all (the moronic level of defense) I'm town, so there's that.

Second of all, you seem to have no intention of helping the town with your dayvig shot. A dayvig shot is is a chance for the town to get some free information and get rid of a scummy/useless player. You seem to just be like la dee dah who can I kill who will just be a kill and not affect me much. My death won't provide the town with all that much useful info because pretty much everyone has been for lynching me at some point today. I, knowing my alignment, know that it would be a wasted kill on a town player. You, not knowing my alignment, should realize that it's pretty much a shot in the dark on a player who won't give you any info with their death. From your perspective I should be more of a lynch candidate than a vig candidate.
Your dayvig shot should ideally point the town in the direction of a more informed lynch. If you shoot me you are just wasting both the shot and valuable time we could be spending making a more informed lynch.

Third, You seem intent on vigging a target with a low risk-to-reward. Here's the thing, I said that thing about vigging someone who won't get you flak to see where you'd run with it to get a tell on your alignment, and you seem to have gone in the scummy direction. However I forgot that you are *extremely* open to suggestion, so that wasn't as much of a tell as I thought. That being said, you are not looking like a town player by refusing to shoot someone you think is scum and instead waiting for a democratic decision (voted on by at least 3 anti-town players) on how to use YOUR ability.
CooLDoG wrote:@UT, defend your vote-hopping, or face the end of a loaded gun.
It's day one, we need a lynch, and I'd prefer for the wagon to not be me? Also, a. it wasn't that much vote hopping b. it came with reasons c. do you really think that threat scares me? really? Kiss my ass. You're the one who is going to look scummy if I die. I know my "vote-hopping" had town motivations. Your motivations for dayvigging me are starting to look extremely anti-town.
CooLDoG wrote:@having, I would agree with you. But most of the town doesn't.
You get to have your own opinions. Stop asking for us to do things for you.

@GreyICE
It's pretty much been extremely rude and uncalled for when they've done it too. If you hadn't noticed, the real issue is in you one specific thing you said. This is not that hard, dude.

All that being said, if I get vigged, I want the town to do themselves a couple of favors:
1. Reread Mariyta. She's been hardcore wagoning me all day, and it smacks of trying to jump on an easy target. I will flip town if I get vigged, so do yourselves a favor and reread her if that happens.
2. Reread the wagon that built up on me. There are a few players who jumped on it for really weak reasons or telegraphed a vote for later, and my flipping town will make them look super bad.
3. Stop being dicks to each other. The rage is obscuring your focus on logical play.

I'm not posting again until CD vigs. If this is my last post in the game, it's been fun playing with all of you.

<3,
Untrod
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:05 am

Post by GreyICE »

One fucking word? Seriously, that's it? One word? You can call people fucking morons, assholes, retards, bitches, jerks, douchebags, dicks, whatever, and everyone flips out over the word cunt? Okay... there must be something I just don't get going on. Fuck it, I've wasted enough of my time and the town's time on this.

UT, you're continuing to cement yourself into my leaning town list. I'll reread Mariyta when I get a chance, although frankly labeling yourself as an easy target is makes me sad and/or rage. Why not contribute to the town and thus become a 'harder target' rather than relying on the lousy 'easy target' excuse? I mean figure out why you're an 'easy target' for everyone to assume as scum, and do pro-town things to prevent that rather than crying 'oh dear me, I is an easy targetz!' Townies use it to coast, scum use it to hide, and both can trigger unexpected caps lock rages.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:57 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Taking a short break.

@GI: It's not that amazingly amazing that you're agreeing with me. Regardless of my methods, people for some reason do seem to think I'm a halfway decent player. You might not like me, but I don't think the fact you've basically started to see what I see is so noteworthy it requires a shudder. Now then, do you think HF is scum with me? What about Katsuki?

@UT: To be honest, I'm quite happy CD is letting town vote because I'm sure we can both agree that we can't trust him to make anything close to a good shot, right?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:02 am

Post by GreyICE »

UncertainKitten wrote:Taking a short break.

@GI: It's not that amazingly amazing that you're agreeing with me. Regardless of my methods, people for some reason do seem to think I'm a halfway decent player. You might not like me, but I don't think the fact you've basically started to see what I see is so noteworthy it requires a shudder. Now then, do you think HF is scum with me? What about Katsuki?
Fine, fine. You're the veteran scumhunter, mistress. I still hate your methods :neutral:
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:06 am

That was probably sarcasm, but in case it wasn't, I did say halfway decent. I'm far from Glork good, or really anywhere near the "high tier" players. I just have some concept of what I'm doing, whether you like my methods or not, mostly all I was pointing out.

Also, there were two questions in what you quoted. Please answer them ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:25 am

Post by GreyICE »

UncertainKitten wrote:That was probably sarcasm, but in case it wasn't, I did say halfway decent. I'm far from Glork good, or really anywhere near the "high tier" players. I just have some concept of what I'm doing, whether you like my methods or not, mostly all I was pointing out.

Also, there were two questions in what you quoted. Please answer them ^-^.
Oh, seriously? I thought they were rhetorical based on my post in #825. I'll make it perfectly clear:

I can't find any motivation for HFs miserable attack, or the fact that he's shown up here at the last minute to push it again, JUST when CD has revealed that he might shoot you. I don't know about you, but if I think I found scum, I hound them until I get a damn good reason they're not scum or they die and flip. I don't make a case, drop off the radar, and suddenly show up again to push it at the last second when a vig shot is about to hit. So yeah. I agree to a lynch on HF if he doesn't get vigged. He's scum in my book.

Kats: I want to know why she started all of a sudden buddying the guy with the gun. It doesn't feel very town to me. Honestly, your reaction feels a lot more townish to me. I reviewed an ISO, and I don't really feel she's done much today besides suspect you and AGM in a somewhat lackluster way. I slotted her into neutral based on my read of you as scum, so her and fitz were reading lazy town suspecting a legitimate scum, but I'm rethinking that read. If I rethink that read a fuck lot more drops into place, and suddenly she hasn't done anything town at all, and she just started buddying someone, so... yeah.

As for the sarcasm, yeah, I was distinctly unimpressed that your scumdar was pegging everyone who attacked you as scum, but I think you're onto something here. What was that phrase you used? "See how they flip and go from there?" Well fuck that. I want Kats to at least explain herself, and I think HF has just rendered himself 'this better be the fucking
Hamlet
of explanations.'
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:41 am

It works surprisingly well, oddly enough. Scum love attacking me. I try not to accuse EVERYONE that attacks me, though, and before the CD business I would have placed you as most town of my attackers. I'm leaning that way again because I'm getting a distinct sense of effort from you now. You're starting to make sense and what you are saying flows a lot better. I thought your initial post careless and there was a casual connection, particularly given the timing with CD's vig choices.

More goes into it than "they attacked me, they must be scum!" And it's of course not always right.

Anyway, it wasn't necessarily clear that you have, at least temporarily, ceased suspecting me. I also wanted to hear directly how you'd respond.

@HF: Looks like your bloc has become HF/Kats/CD. I hope you aren't going to try to convince me 3/12 players is a majority of town~.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:44 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Alright, Katsuki is at L-1. Good.

Next mission: Get CooLDoG to Vig. His stalling is not making me happy, but as long as he doesn't stall into the deadline, it's fine. havingfitz is a fine shot, I guess - although I'd prefer StrangerCoug. UT is a less-than preferred target, but his death wouldn't make me ANGRY.

Anybody else would probably incite ANGRY.

Incidentally, I also need to analyze GreyICE's posts a little more, seeing as he did replace one of my top scumreads.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:18 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

LynchMePls wrote:SHOOT ALREADY! GOOD GOD!
Quoted for truth. It shouldn't take you this long to decide whom to shoot. As long as it's scum, we're happy. Heck, bus somebody for all I care.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:31 am

Post by GreyICE »

Ha, that homophobic [REDACTED - see modnote]. Yeah. You wanna grind my gears? Make posts like his ISO #0.

On a serious note,
mod do votes reset if someone dayvigs?

Votes are not reset if a theoretical Dayvig were to occur. Any resulting changes to the lynch threshold would apply if someone was theoretically killed during the day.

I'm traveling to Boston tomorrow so I can do phone posts if I need to put a vote somewhere.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:34 am

Post by GhostWriter »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Quoted for truth. It shouldn't take you this long to decide whom to shoot. As long as it's scum, we're happy. Heck, bus somebody for all I care.
QFT. Again. Fucking shoot Fitz, and let us just be bloody down with this already.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Mariyta »

@GI: Yes, it's one word, but it's a horrible, vile word and the fact that you're ok lobbing it at women in insult is greatly disturbing. Some words are much more powerful than others, and you happened to pick one of them. HF's insults are nearly as bad, but I knew he was an ass. Oh, and UK is a veteran scumhunter. Bow before her awesomeness [/endasskissing]
GhostWriter wrote:Also, the "but such and such did it" defense has the glaring weak point of not actually being a defense.
Unless you're a three-year-old. Then it's perfectly valid.

@UT: You bet your booty I've been wagonning you all day. You're scum. I want scum lynched. Hence, I want you lynched.

The Kats wagon built awful fast. I need to go back and look at it.

Still waiting for CD to come through on the HF vig.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by LimMePls »

CD is going on the personal avoidance list. This is simply stupid.

*twiddles thumbs as everyone in the game has to wait on one person to stop being an idiot*
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:27 pm

AlmasterGM wrote:
Vote: Force replace CooLDoG

The rules do not allow for player motivated replacements of other players.
/me sadfaces

MoI T_T
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Mariyta »

LynchMePls wrote:CD is going on the personal avoidance list. This is simply stupid.

*twiddles thumbs as everyone in the game has to wait on one person to stop being an idiot*
Not to mention that the longer he waits, the less time we have to decide on a lynch candidate.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

Your wish is my command day-fig coming when the mod can next post. I'm planning on killing kat for trying to suck my dick for me. Deal with it, the pm is already sent... (breaks rule #6 on purpose...).

@Ice, I don't understand the language thing ether. :eek: (and btw this argument has to stop)

UK is looking more town as well as ut.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

then again, I will let zang post before I send the pm.
after a wank.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Why would you vig Kat when he's at L-1? He
Can
Be
LYNCHED.

Why did you NOT vig HF?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

I said kat? I meant HF... my bad. I would lynch kat if it wasn't for the vig. But I think kat is more likely to be scum. Killing hf now because zang hasn't posted.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

vig has just been sent. After the flip, any objection to a hammer?
after a wank.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Not from me.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Mm...actually, we'll probably want to analyze the flip, so I'd like people to have a little time to do that.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

^agree

zang is lurking...
after a wank.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”