VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:22 pm

Post by VitaminR »

I'm not sure about StrykkerVerde today, but the role is easily verifiable tomorrow. There is no reason for targetted people not to come forward (it says nothing about their role) and scum would never take such a huge risk to keep up the charade of a false claim.

The fact that people haven't commented on your post does not mean they have not read it.

I have to agree with your opinion of the bandwagon on you, but I don't think it's big enough to worry about it that much. You have to realise that there is very little info at this point.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:07 am

Post by Falcone »

Twomz, I don't agree that I was being hypocritical by attacking the people on the Frizler bandwagon after being on it myself. I was the first vote on Fritzler, and my reason was that I didn't like his confirm vote on Don Gaetano after Strykker had said he didn't have info. All the other people on the wagon, starting with you, voted for Fritzler saying he wasn't contributing, which I find a weak reason and also is not true. (Well, to be entirely correct, maybe Sineish had a slightly different reason, i.e. metagaming, for his 6th vote.) You are right that usually the 3rd and 4th vote on a bandwagon are thought to be suspicious, and maybe Snap and chamber do deserve a closer look, but I voted for you and not for one of the others because there are other things in your posts I don't like, namely the fact that you seem to think jumping on a bandwagon is better than coming up with your own reasons for your votes.

And no, I don't think it's satisfactory when someone responds to an accusation by taking one of the three points that are made against him and says: "Oh, I was only joking." Now in your last post you give some explanation for your comment that you wanted people to provide you with reasons for a vote.
(I)
didn't want to just vote for a random person, or to vote based on some crap logic. I was just stating that if someone put out a concrete reason that someone else was scum, i'd vote to off em.
Are you saying here that if you'd have to come up with your own reasons for a vote, it'd be random votes or votes based on crap logic, so you need others to give you concrete reasons someone's scum?

Oh, and one other thing:
I've decided after rereading the thread that strykkerverde is most likely mafia, or lying, or both. I'd guess that all nongeneric players are antitown. Although, as usual, i'm probably wrong.
What do you mean? If Strykker is in fact lying, than we can be 99% sure he's scum, as townies generally do not lie. I agree with you that Strykker is acting a bit weird. But he has claimed a role that can easily be proven, so he probably is innocent (and if not, we'll lynch him tomorrow). And the assumption that everyone who's not "generic" is antitown, is, to say the least, a very dangerous assumption.
Dranko20
Dranko20
Goon
Dranko20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:42 am

Post by Dranko20 »

Time for a deadline!

If there is no lynch decision by
CHRISTMAS DAY
then I will take liberty to lynch one random person from the town. Including myself.

(If there is no majority, no lynch shall incur. There will be no plajority.)
Quote: """""Quote"-Quote"-Quote"-Quote""
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:49 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

This thread has really stagnated. It's probably as bad as it is because of christmas, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I'm gonna
Unvote
and
Vote: Twomz

There's not a good case against him, but there's not a good case against anyone right now, and we have to do something considering Dranko's statement.

-----

And as a side note I would like to send a premature Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, except if you make it look like a Coca Cola commercial, because then I'll
Vote: Moronic Plebeian Capitalist Consumer
. You know who you are... and we all know where you live.

and
FOS: Anyone who celebrates Kwanzaa

-----

Unvote
. Just in case Dranko is picky.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:13 am

Post by Twomz »

Well... this sucks. Anywhos what about the "choices for Strykker" to chose from that is the primary reason he's not getting lynched?

So, DG, you don't think there's a good case on me, yet your still going to vote, because lynching a towny is better then not lynching anyone, right? If y'all really want me to claim i will, but i'd rather not claim D1... and it will only help the mafia.

VitaminR is really the only person that doesn't scream Mafia at me right now (that's mainly because we've given him such a hard time about his name, and that's happened to me before (last time i explain what it means to mafia players :evil: )).

I expect the game will fall by the wayside postwise and we won't pick anyone else... so none of this really matters.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Dranko20
Dranko20
Goon
Dranko20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:15 pm

Post by Dranko20 »

By the way, I was kidding about the random lynch. If no one is selected it will be a no lynch. And I don't even care if you unvote, im not picky at all.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:50 pm

Post by Falcone »

Twomz wrote:VitaminR is really the only person that doesn't scream Mafia at me right now (that's mainly because we've given him such a hard time about his name, and that's happened to me before (last time i explain what it means to mafia players :evil: )).
So you think VitaminR is probably innocent? May I ask why exactly? And could you please stop having such a defaitist attitude? I understand being attacked for reasons you think are weak is not pleasant, but assuming no one is going to listen to your defense doesn't help.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:27 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

vote: Twomz

D1 bandwagons are rarely worth sh!t, but it has to happen sometime... i didn't like Twomz's last post... haven't put my finger on it just yet, but it did not strike me as something a truly pro-town player would say... i agree w/ Falcone about the attitude... even though i'll have to look up what defaitist means...

P.S. ok, never mind it was misspelled... Falcone probably meant defeatist which fits the context (and is pretty much self-explanatory)
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:37 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

That's great how our deadline is set towards a time when so few scummers will be on. I hate to bandwagon, but I'd rather see some kind of lynch today rather than no lynch. Sorry, Twomz. If it makes you feel any better, I seriously doubt we'll be able to lynch anyone under these circumstances.

Brian's access will be limited until the 26th. I'll try to check in a bit, but I can't promise anything.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:17 am

Post by Shamrock »

I agree with LyingBrian here, Twomz seems somehow shifty to me also... I can't quite pinpoint it but it feels to me like he's a scum that's trying a bit too hard. Eh.

Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:29 am

Post by armlx »

Sounds good to me. Any lynch with proof is better than no lynch.

Unvote, Vote Twomz
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Snap
Snap
Townie
Snap
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:28 am

Post by Snap »

Ending the day with no lynch does nothing but benefit the Mafia, so even though I'm not 100% on his guilt, I'm going to go with the majority. Better to try and miss than not try at all.

Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:31 am

Post by Fritzler »

Oh, snap, that was lynch.
Surfs up dude.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:33 am

Post by Twomz »

Well, i wonder if this is irony... or a conundrum... i'm not sure which :P. It doesn't really matter, anyway.

I'm the doctor! :p. That's why i was trying so hard not to get lynched w/o claiming... but it just accellerated my getting lynched. So even if you don't lynch me today, i'm just gonna get NKed! Good for me... :( .

Good for you town, you lynched your doc day one! This is gonna be a fun game for you guys now! Actually wait... that's nine votes right? It's 10 to lynch? Well, i might as well live and soak up the NK for y'all... cya.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:41 am

Post by Fritzler »

Well last vote count:
Dranko20 wrote:4 Twomz - (Iammars, TSAGod, Falcone, Fritzler)
Don Gaetano wrote:
Unvote
. Just in case Dranko is picky.
Number 5
LyingBrian wrote:
BrianMcQueso wrote:
Shamrock wrote:
armlx wrote:
Unvote, Vote Twomz
Snap wrote:

You're lynched. Bye buddy.
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:42 am

Post by Fritzler »

Granted there could be something weird wit hthe votes still.
Surfs up dude.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:34 am

Post by Shamrock »

Fritzler wrote:Oh, snap, that was lynch.
*groan*
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:53 am

Post by Falcone »

Unvote
, in case somehow the lynch wasn't reached. Was it really necessary to lynch Twomz that quickly? It would have been really nice to at least let him claim.

FOS: everyone who voted for Twomz without giving reasons
. There's without a doubt a bunch of mafia voting for him who are overjoyed they got a free kill.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:14 am

Post by Twomz »

Wow Falcone, you really don't read my posts, do you?
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:03 am

Post by Fritzler »

Did twomz just say something? I train myself to not look at his posts.
Surfs up dude.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:13 am

Post by Falcone »

Twomz wrote:Wow Falcone, you really don't read my posts, do you?
I do read your posts, and of course I saw your claim, all I'm saying is it would have been nice to let you claim BEFORE you were lynched.
Dranko20
Dranko20
Goon
Dranko20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:22 am

Post by Dranko20 »

Sweet! Lynch!
Dranko20 wrote:Hello! Welcome to Generic Mafia! You are a Doctor in this lovely town. You can not communicate with anyone during the night, however, you can send me the name of someone you would like to protect that night from any harm.

You win the game when all of the Anti Town is gone! Good luck, and please confirm by PM.
Night 2 Choice! Night ends on Dec 28. Thank you very much!
Dranko20
Dranko20
Goon
Dranko20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:50 am

Post by Dranko20 »

Day opens with two deaths.

Iammars - ER Medic, is found dead.
Lying Brian - Lawyer, is found dead.

Falcone complains about being attacked in the night, but he couldn't see who had done it. He is very suspious of everyone, and is very wounded.

16 alive, that means 9 to lynch!
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:49 am

Post by Iammars »

You all suck.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:52 am

Post by Falcone »

So we lost a lawyer and an ER medic. I don't remember having seen a lawyer in a mafia game before. Any ideas what kind of ability he could have had? I think I once saw a game with a medic. He had the ability to revive a dead player if I recall correctly.

Before anyone asks, I have no idea who attacked me tonight, and I have no idea what the consequences of me being very wounded could be. I surely hope the ER medic wasn't supposed to heal me or something, because if that's the case, I'll probably be dead soon. I also remember a game where there was a SK whose victims weren't killed immediately, but only the next day after they had posted a certain number of times. In case that's also what's happening here, I'll try to make the most of my posts.

I really don't like the way Twomz was lynched yesterday. Sure, there was a deadline, and sure the holidays were approaching fast, but that still doesn't justify quick-lynching someone like Twomz was. He was at four when the deadline was imposed, and the tenth vote was put on less than 24 hours after that. And look at what people were saying to justify their vote: some gave vague reasons, like LB and shamrock, others just said it's important to lynch someone rather than going to night without a lynch (which I agree with to an extent, but still), but no one really tried to find good reasons for lynching him. This also goes by the way for the people who voted for Twomz before the deadline hit. Except me, I tried to build a case against him with real arguments, and now I feel very used by the mafia, and I don't like that :( .

I'd also like to note that both of tonight's victims were voting for Twomz. Iammars was the first to vote for him with a random vote that he never changed, and LB was 5th, and first after the deadline was set. So it seems that the mafia is trying hard to prove that being on the Twomz wagon isn't all that suspicious. Take Shamrock for example. He voted for Twomz after the deadline was set (8th on the wagon), and after the last vote was put on, which was just two hours later, he made this comment:
Shamrock wrote:
Fritzler wrote:Oh, snap, that was lynch.
*groan*
This looks awfully insincere to me: he could hardly be sad that Twomz was dead when he put the 3rd-to-last vote on him just before. Also, if you look at his contribution before that, he's been really short with his comments:
- vote for Gaetano
- unvote when Strykker said he had no info
- a post to excuse his lurking
- a vote for Strykker to make him claim
- unvote
- 8th vote on Twomz
- *groan*

That's all, and everything without at least giving a little explanation or a personal opinion on something.
Vote: Shamrock
. This doesn't mean of course that the other people who are responsible for the death of Twomz are free from blame.

By the way, there were two deaths tonight, and only one last night. Maybe Twomz succesfully protected someone on N1? I don't see any breadcrumbs he may have left at the moment, but it could be useful to search for those.

Oh, and Strykker, can you tell us how your night at the bar went? Unless there's some really good reason, I think you should reveal who you got drunk with tonight :) .

Sorry for the long post, but I felt I had to put out all my thoughts now, since I'm afraid I'll be dead soon.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”