Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:35 am

Post by yabbaguy »

*Disclaimer #2: I realize scumvenience and its derivations are words that haven't been used for years.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:36 am

Post by yabbaguy »

selfish x3 post to make sure this lands on the new page I stupidly created.

---

Here's a gem! Watch this screwy reaction between Chevre and nocase. It's like she thinks he's scummy... and probably does... except not!

*Disclaimer: I fully acknowledge that the usage of fancy area tags does not automatically make my case correct.

All quotes Chevre and numbered by ISO view.

Chevre's Wishy-Washy Language
3 wrote:nocase has claimed that he has a post-restriction. Of course, in a Normal game, I'm immediately suspicious, but I want him to explain his restriction as much as he can.
More information and views are better, and the most vital view here is that of the person who claimed such an unbelievable thing.
The underlined bit is a clunky, needless explanation. She starts to begin to say that she's suspicious but wants to hold back from it.
5 wrote:That being said, nocase and inHimshallibe, why would you lie about having a post restriction? Certain philosophies would have you lynched under that statement.
"Just sayin."

Take a stance.
22 wrote:nocase, I find that very anti-town of you, to say that Xalxe is not scumhunting and then when he asks you a legitimate question of elaboration, you tell him to stop posting. How is that going to help us?
But not scummy.

Flip to nocase for a sec. All quotes him now.

nocase being abnormally tentative
3 wrote:no, it was a perfectly straightforward question.

why aren't you voting anyone?

vote: chevre, i guess.
From a man who shows abnormal confidence and recklessness, tagging that "i guess" on is an interesting contrast. I don't see that anywhere else in the ISO.
44 wrote:@chevre, i would rather not waste my time justifying to you something that i do habitually.
Preferably, he wouldn't want to, not some rash GTFO-ish remark like expected. Why's he being so nice to Chevre?

nocase's scumvenient swap
14 wrote:unvote. vote: chevre. that last post was awesomely indecisive.
Now this did happen as well. But then this comes back after a mere post from DGB.
15 wrote:actually, i'm skeptical about xalxe.
That is NOTHING other than fencesitting. Swap the vote if you're that unsure. And then, only after Chevre gets 3 more votes stacked on her...
16 wrote:dhjkfgdklfjghsgadfhdskjgh.

unvote.
17 wrote:vote: xalxe. yeahhh.
And the swap comes at a scumvenient time. There was quite a bit of contention over the issue of whether or not Xalxe was scummier, but I think there's everything to gain for nocase to jump ship at that point if he and Chevre are scum alike.

I've changed my mind. Chevre, then nocase presuming a red flip from the former, and then we proceed from there.

More votes on Chevre please.[/quote]

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:56 am

Post by Xalxe »

Yabbs, while the triple post was unnecessary, I concur. I've been preaching this for pages.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Chevre »

yabbaguy, I've given nocase multiple opportunities to explain why what he did was pro-town. He hasn't. Therefore, I still see it as anti-town. That is a firm stance. It means that until I get further explanation, I don't see how it could help the town in anyway, but it isn't suspicious. Doing something like that would bring heaps of attention upon oneself.

Maybe you can give us your opinion on nocase's post restriction, and whether it was suspicious, anti-town, or otherwise?

Also, I'm sorry if you find that underlined passage "chunky." It's just how I think; It comes through clear as a crystalline bell to me.

Xalxe, saying "lynch Chevre" is not equivalent to what yabbaguy's attempting to say. You never gave much solid reasoning for your vote on me; even when you originally placed the vote, it looked like you were praising me a bit in the same post.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:23 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Have you really, Xalxe? Would you mind if I checked your post history to verify this, because offhand I am doubting many of your posts have been standing on a soapbox in favor of lynching Chevre, and they certainly haven't been going on "for pages". I could be wrong though. Do I need to go back and check or do you want to backtrack a little bit?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:26 am

Post by Xalxe »

Xalxe wrote:I believe everyone on Seraphim and Jerbs should remove their votes and join us in lynching chevre.
RC, this is from page 16. Nice try.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:46 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Yeah, that's one. Hardly what I'd call "preaching for pages". The reason I even bring it up is because you seem very passive this game.
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:20 am

Post by nocase »

pro-town ≠ explaining every little think you do, especially when it's obvious.

i didn't think i was being nice to chevre.

even if i was being nice to chevre, i don't see how that's a scum team tell, but cool.
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:25 am

Post by nocase »

also CAN WE PLEASE GET ON WITH THE LYNCH. if you don't want to lynch werewolf then get over it, that's who we're lynching today. i've got ants in my goddamn pants.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:40 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Oh, alright. And I could hang Gorrad, too, so don't be timid hopping on his wagon, I'll help that one happen, too.

VOTE: Chevre
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Dutch one
Dutch one
Goon
Dutch one
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Dutch one »

nocase wrote:also CAN WE PLEASE GET ON WITH THE LYNCH. if you don't want to lynch werewolf then get over it, that's who we're lynching today. i've got ants in my goddamn pants.
true, there are to many people who are sticking with their votes on WW (including me), there is no way someone else will be lynched at the end of the day. So please stop acting so extremely cockey, WW will be lynched. Learn to live with it. The only thing that you are achieving with this is that the day will end later. And even that is stupid, if the day ends earlier and if WW is lynched, then everyone will need to jump on another wagon, so if we lynch werewolf now then your suspects will probably lynched earlier, instead of waiting another 2 months. Just vote Werewolf, he is the only "possible" lynching candidate for now, there is no way someone else is going to be lynched. And it will be a lot better if the day finally ends. If the day ends, then we will see his alignment, wich arguments were true and wich weren't. The nightkills will be displayed etc, so we will be a lot further in the game then we are now. Notice that although it looks like we are in the middle of the game, it is still day one. Usually we should've still been busy with things like RVS, but it's to late for that now. So we are using "real evidence" while there isn't any. So please let this day end, just vote WW, he is the most suspicious candidate, and he is going to be lynched anyway
Dutch one
Dutch one
Goon
Dutch one
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Dutch one »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Oh, alright. And I could hang Gorrad, too, so don't be timid hopping on his wagon, I'll help that one happen, too.

VOTE: Chevre
Why do you call him town first, and vote for him a couple of posts later while you've never changed any opinion about him. And there hasn't been any real evidence either. If I weren't voting for WW, I would've voted for you now
Dutch one
Dutch one
Goon
Dutch one
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Dutch one »

With any real evidence, I mean any "new" evidence
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:53 am

I don't think ww is scum.

He's just an easy, delicious and tender lynch, requiring no chewing. werewolf is like a lynch smoothie.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:56 am

Post by nocase »

oh, and also in response to yabbaguy:

i was hesitant about voting chevre because i wasn't sure, because (GASP!) we were TWO PAGES INTO THE GAME SHOCKING I KNOW.

i didn't vote xalxe because i didn't yet feel he had overtaken chevre.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:20 am

Post by SpyreX »

Sorry, I've been hit with the RL stick something fierce.
ww wrote:There hasn't been anything scummy from my point of view on me. There is a lack of activity, which I pursue in other games

Dutch is voting me on meta
-possible scum?

Farside is saying things that i've "done" without presenting examples
-Hypocratic Scum?

Antihero is voting me because i'm not a "noob"
-basically saying that I am not playing experienced and deserving of a vote
-SCUM

ckd votes me for using "recycled reasoning"
-nobody had used that reasoning before...

RC is voting me for meta
-Scummy move
Personally, I find the voting for meta most scummy

Gorrad-scum is voting for me

Antihero and Chevre have been voting me for some time
-not really wagon jumping
This is your reads?
"Everyone on my wagon is scum"

NOICE

At least its not like you've went on the ultra defensive to things obviously contextually not even related to you though.

Ohh, wait.

And the new contender:
yabba wrote:NOW EXCUSE ME.

BUT.

WHY.

THE FUCK.

IS THE CHEVRE WAGON DYING?
yabba wrote: Wasn't quite 72 hours here. Still calling myself prodless on the yGDB.

Chevre made a lot of sense whilst I was reading. Let me go back and make a meaningful ISO case.

among other things.
Now, I'll admit, at THIS point I thought we had some towns BUT:
yabba wrote:
I've changed my mind.
Chevre, then nocase presuming a red flip from the former, and then we proceed from there.

More votes on Chevre please.
I need the thought process here really defined because it sure looks like you came in with a solid read considering you said you agreed with your predecessor, said you were going to reread because all of a sudden it made sense AND THEN came back with the starting position after saying you changed your mind.

Whaaa

BUT, its time to move ahead.

Unvote, Vote: werewolf
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p2744751
I thought You were trying to say what chevre post was fluff but
werewolf555 wrote:I'm not sure what i'm trying to prove.
I just feel like pointing some things out.
If you are not sure what you are trying to prove then why are you pointing things out? Feels like you are adding fuel to the fire while not being directly involved

_____
SpyreX wrote:Actually a decent point has been raised:

@Sera:

What made you jump immediately to 'town wacky hijinks' instead of him lying as scum or telling the truth?
Where did seraphim jump to that conclusion? I may have missed it so I'd apreciate it. So much sinus pressure in my head, I feel like I'm missing alot in the game. Itchy watery eyes make reading the game almost unbearable

Read 1-12 I'll try to do more later
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:31 am

Post by SpyreX »

Also until nocase posts something legitimate regarding a post restriction I'm just going to ignore it wheee.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:31 am

Post by SpyreX »

Oops, that was supposed to be quoted PF
Show

Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:52 am

Come on SpyreX, going for the easy lynch? I thought you were a POWERFUL WIZARD, but you're nothing but a lollipop snatcher!

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:54 am

Post by SpyreX »

At this point?

YES. YES I AM.

And dont forget how wroth I am with you because I'm pretty sure after all the talk of voting Gorrad you never, ever did it.

YOU were the one I posted all the words for. Because I thought you could help get it done.

But, no, alas.
Show

Proud member of BaM
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:19 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I. @Chevre
II. @nocase
III. @SpyreX
IV. werewolf = Town
Chevre wrote:yabbaguy, I've given nocase multiple opportunities to explain why what he did was pro-town. He hasn't. Therefore, I still see it as anti-town. That is a firm stance. It means that until I get further explanation, I don't see how it could help the town in anyway, but it isn't suspicious. Doing something like that would bring heaps of attention upon oneself.
No. You've been pointing out to him that he's doing things that are anti-Town without really saying how you feel about it... like you're saying it just 'cause you can tell him that he's being anti-Town.

It's scumbuddy coaching.

nocase's game start is indicative of nothing other than the desire to start the game with something entertaining, IMO.

The chunky passage is really you lying through your teeth and trying to say gobbledygook that sounds pro-Town.

---
nocase wrote:pro-town ≠ explaining every little think you do, especially when it's obvious.

i didn't think i was being nice to chevre.

even if i was being nice to chevre, i don't see how that's a scum team tell, but cool.
Point one is irrelevant.

Basically, you interact with Chevre in a noticeably different way than the other players. Phrases such as "I guess" and "would rather not" are the bits of conservative language that you've used with Chevre and, as far as I can tell, nobody else. That's the niceness of it all.

Attacking Chevre less forcefully leads to her not looking like as much of a big deal. That's where the scum motive enters.
nocase wrote:also CAN WE PLEASE GET ON WITH THE LYNCH. if you don't want to lynch werewolf then get over it, that's who we're lynching today. i've got ants in my goddamn pants.
I'm not going to stop trying for Chevre and you. It will happen.
nocase wrote:i was hesitant about voting chevre because i wasn't sure, because (GASP!) we were TWO PAGES INTO THE GAME SHOCKING I KNOW.
pfft. You clearly thought her as the as-sure-as-can-be suspect then. Even at that point, I don't believe you as Town would show that timidness. That's the thought.
nocase wrote:i didn't vote xalxe because i didn't yet feel he had overtaken chevre.
Saw that coming. The problem is that you have everything to gain as scum for swapping at that point. That Chevre wagon was gaining steam then, and you slipped out the back only then. The fact of the matter is that your timing sucks and that this argument hits a brickwall automatically.

---

@SpyreX: I'm confused.

Read my things again. The second post says:
Chevre made a lot of sense whilst I was reading
as in
Chevre-scum made a lot of sense whilst I was reading
and not
Chevre made a lot of sense with some very good points whilst I was reading
or maybe you're hanging on the fact on where exactly I changed my mind. I changed my mind as in I had my scumlist of 5 people, but then realized I was really sure about Chevre-nocase particularly as a scumpair. I then said, okay, let's abandon the others for the time being, lynch former, lynch latter, see what happens.

---

I still think WW ain't scum. Please show me where he's done something actually scum motivated. Right now, I still think he's a "omg I'm drowning in a Large game" sort of player. Retaliating with the OH MY GOD EVERYONE ON MY WAGON SUCKS (OMGEOMWS) suspicion list could still just be the sign of anti-Town and not Mafia, for one.

I'm terrible at deriving conclusions from meta, but I'll make an attempt at it now.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:30 am

Post by nocase »

yabba wrote:Point one is irrelevant.
relevant to what chevre was just spewing, not to you.
Basically, you interact with Chevre in a noticeably different way than the other players. Phrases such as "I guess" and "would rather not" are the bits of conservative language that you've used with Chevre and, as far as I can tell, nobody else. That's the niceness of it all.
k.
Attacking Chevre less forcefully leads to her not looking like as much of a big deal. That's where the scum motive enters.
i attacked her less forcefully because my read on her was not strong.
I'm not going to stop trying for Chevre and you. It will happen.
all right, enjoy your stay.
pfft. You clearly thought her as the as-sure-as-can-be suspect then.
bullshit.
don't believe you as Town
wow, you must have quite the meta on me.
timidness
stop misconstruing uncertainty as timidity.
Saw that coming. The problem is that you have everything to gain as scum for swapping at that point. That Chevre wagon was gaining steam then, and you slipped out the back only then. The fact of the matter is that your timing sucks and that this argument hits a brickwall automatically.
my argument is perfectly reasonable. your confirmation bias is awesome.

i love all the vets in this game who think they can call scum teams on day one. here i was thinking that an ounce of experience would urge otherwise.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:35 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

behind, will catch up on sunday
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:43 am

SpyreX wrote:At this point?

YES. YES I AM.

And dont forget how wroth I am with you because I'm pretty sure after all the talk of voting Gorrad you never, ever did it.

YOU were the one I posted all the words for. Because I thought you could help get it done.

But, no, alas.
K, here.

VOTE: Gorrad

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”