Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:32 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

RC 747 wrote:Seraphim hasn't done anything recently to justify some fresh attack while werewolf has only gotten worse.
Do you?

You could come up with all the evidence in the world, it still doesn't explain why you're just now turning to him. You asked him one question when he made that post, and, let's check out your scumlist a couple of days after he made the so-called "big tell".
nocase 410 wrote:i'm ready to vote:

gorrad
werewolf555
runner
curiouskarmadog
xalxe
katsuki
redcoyote
chevre (more hesitantly)

tell me where to put my vote, guys.
So it really seems suspect that just now Seraphim is deserved of a new wagon when he supposedly had previously ranked at least 9th or lower in your scumreads. Granted, you brought him up a few ranks in a recent list, but that remained unexplained as well.
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:55 pm

Post by nocase »

oh, my bad, i was unaware that later reanalysis of a given player's behavior is anathema in a game of mafia.
unvote. vote: werewolf555.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:35 am

Post by farside22 »

nocase wrote:oh, my bad, i was unaware that later reanalysis of a given player's behavior is anathema in a game of mafia.
unvote. vote: werewolf555.
Sarcasm R Us: how can I sneeringly debunk you today? :lol:

I had no issue with your case nocase. I look at Sera from time to time. He is most definitely actively lurking. I see him posting fine through out MS. I didn't like him before and since he isn't helping the game.
I also disagree with CKD about xalxe. I think both Xalxe and wolf are scum together.
Yes I go to the school of belief that scum bus each other, but I have seen scum try to take pressure off as well. The fact that Xalxe states that wolf isn't ignoring questions and hasn't done anything in his read that really looks bad (because following the crowd and spurting the same thing someone else said reeks of town***That's sarcasm again in case you missed it). Also I would expect most of the scum to jump on the wagon of wolf and get him lynched if he really was that easy to lynch at this point.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:17 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

unvote

I dont know about Xalve now...if he/she is a noob to playing here, than I can understand "how am I scum if" questions..

count my vote on WW...want to see a vote count first.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:48 am

Post by RedCoyote »

farside 752 wrote:I look at Sera from time to time. He is most definitely actively lurking. I see him posting fine through out MS. I didn't like him before and since he isn't helping the game.
GD and completed games aren't exactly the best evidence, but I take your point. I didn't realize he was really just brushing this game off that much.

In that case, I partially withdraw my issue with you, nocase.

Not nearly enough to top the wolfster though, imo.
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:08 am

Post by nocase »

lurking really isn't the big tell. his blatant focus on the easy and popular target and the exclusion—except for somewhere between one and three posts total—of literally NINETEEN OTHER PLAYERS is really blindingly
not
town behavior. a townie, at least a townie with a measure of intelligence and/or experience (both of which seraphim has plenty of), automatically thinks to maintain a broad perspective, keep an eye on at least the majority of players. that's what you do when you look for scum. there's no sign of seraphim doing that; in fact, there's evidence that very strongly implies the opposite.
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:11 am

Post by nocase »

also meant to include that, in all honesty, i'm perfectly satisfied with giving werewolf the old necktie. he's plenty scummy, and even if he's town i frankly could think of twenty other players in this game i'd rather have by my side in times of WAR.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:25 am

Post by Xalxe »

Please note that I am not a new player, and feel demeaned when I am treated as such.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:53 am

Post by nocase »

if that was a sarcastic one-up of the rest of us bitches who enjoy seeing people get their comeuppance then my mind = somewhat blown at the awesome new level of greatness that the last page or two took this game to.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:19 am

Xalxe wrote:Please note that I am not a new player, and feel demeaned when I am treated as such.
curiouskarmadog wrote:so you dont understand how you would by town cred by saying you didnt want to lynch ww (if he flips town) tomorrow, but you do understand how you would by town cred as scum, lynching a scum buddy (if he flips scum)....???
then answer this please.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Xalxe »

So, imaginary scenario where I am scum with werewolf:

You all vote him. 8 out of 11 is fairly irretrievable, no? With the way I play, I would express my doubts BUT THEN JUMP ON THE WAGON by saying you convinced me, thus allowing me to shift the blame to you tomorrow.

However, I instead am not voting him.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Korlash »

Unless you legitimately believe that in which case you would do the opposite so you could argue how it's inconceivable you're scum with him when he flips.

And if you and WW were scum together, why would you have to shift any blame onto anyone tomorrow?
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by farside22 »

Xalxe wrote:So, imaginary scenario where I am scum with werewolf:

You all vote him. 8 out of 11 is fairly irretrievable, no? With the way I play, I would express my doubts BUT THEN JUMP ON THE WAGON by saying you convinced me, thus allowing me to shift the blame to you tomorrow.

*inner voice rant*
please dear lord I don't ask for much but I really, really wish when people tried to make sense that they hit preview, reread what they say and double check that their meaning is clear so my head doesn't hurt with their faulty and sad logic.

*end inner voice rant*

I think you meant something completely different because if wolf lynched is scum why would you blame CKD for the lynch?

*dear lord make the pain end*

Also you don't know in this imaginary world that somewhere along the way wolf does something scummier then dodging questions and following BW's that may make you change your mind sooooooooo.......
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Korlash »

Farside wrote:please dear lord I don't ask for much but I really, really wish when people tried to make sense that they hit preview, reread what they say and double check that their meaning is clear so my head doesn't hurt with their faulty and sad logic.
Awww... but that would be the end of the lovable tramp Korlash... And without me everything else would suck...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Aw come on guys, I thirst for the blood of Seraphim, please slice that throbbing jugular already...
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Xalxe wrote:So, imaginary scenario where I am scum with werewolf:

I dont think you are getting the point of what I am saying..

I thought (though not sure now)...that you were stating ww was town in the face of a bandwagon...it is close to a lynch...by stating (again for no reason thus why I think you are scummy) that you dont find ww scummy, then when he flips town...you look good.

the fact you cant explain why you feel he is town, looks scummy....I dont think he has done ANYTHING that is town or town like. there is no reason for you to state you feel he is town.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

CKD... be an angel, vote Seraphim.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by Korlash »

Yeah CKD, be an angel and vote Spy! =D

psst, DGB... you misspelled his name again... gotta watch yourself...

Dutch one
Dutch one
Goon
Dutch one
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Post by Dutch one »

DGB, be a unicorn and vote WW. You are changing your votes so often that it isn't even worth it to follow it. You aren't going to make any good wagon this way.
And everyone is voting different persons, but you know.. this way it will be hard to lynch anyone. Just vote WW and we'll see who has been right. But there is just no way there is going to be a Spyrex, Gorrad, KMD, Seraphim, Xalce... etc. lynch today.

And DGB, the fact that you always try to evade questions about WW and that you are obviously lobbying for other people to lynch makes you very scummie. Why do you want to defend him?
FOS: DGB
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:11 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 11

"Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence. "
- Vince Lombardi

werewolf555
- 7 - Antihero, Chevre, farside22, RedCoyote, Dutch one, inHimshallibe, nocase
Gorrad
- 3 - SpyreX, iamausername, Cyberbob
Chevre
- 3 - Seraphim, yabbaguy, Xalxe
nocase
- 2 - Gorrad, werewolf555
SpyreX
- 1 - Korlash
DrippingGoofball
- 1 - Kmd4390
Xalxe
- 1 - curiouskarmadog
Seraphim
- 1 - DrippingGoofball

Players not voting:
Weatherman, PokerFace

Notes/Prods
:
- farside22 (limited access on Sat & Sun)
- Seraphim (Looking for a replacement)
- PokerFace is sick and will be posting in a limited manner for next few days
- Prodding: {Weatherman, yabbaguy, SpyreX, Chevre, inHimshallibe}
- Too many prods. You guys lose a week of play.
Deadline moved forward 1 week.
New Deadline: Thursday, February 17, 2011 -- 6:00am EST
Last edited by Kublai Khan on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Gorrad wagon dying. Ugh. What's everyone's beef?

Dotpoint summary of the last couple of pages incoming (starting from page 28):

- Korlash is still contributing precisely nothing other than rambling joke posts with like ten words of import.
- RedCoyote makes a few good points in his Post 692, werewolf is still dumb town though. Trying to have someone modkilled is only definitely an indication that you don't think or know that they're on your team - I don't think it in any way shows that he is more likely to be scum. As far as my reading habits go, I do try not to skim but I definitely can fall into that trap unless I'm consciously making one of these general list posts.
- Korlash's Post 695 is pretty good inasmuch as it's a good reading of the way wagons usually work, but I don't like his idea of setting up "fake wagons" (regardless of how loosely he may be using that term).
- Werewolf's Post 703, ughhhh. Chock full of bad OMGUS but, and I know exactly how sketchy this is, it really does feel too blatantly dumb to be scum. A better lynch than no lynch if only to get rid of the distraction from the real scum in the game I suppose.
- yabbaguy making a strong entrance into the game with Post 711. I still don't really understand why people are so suspicious of Seraphim though, I've seen a lot of "lol sera obscum" posts but not really that much in the way of actual casebuilding. If I had to guess I'd say it's one of DGB's wagons of suspicion.
- CKD is trying so hard to force a case on Xalxe in Post 719, it's cute. Scumtell++
- LMAO @ CKD saying werewolf is trying to fly under the radar in Post 722. El Em Ay Oh.
- farside's Post 724 finally provides a nice little summary of the werewolf case. I'm down for the bandwagoning tell but the others aren't so great IMO. I really fucking despise it when people use activity on the rest of the site to try and form cases. It's meanspirited and it handily ignores the fact that townies are probably
more
likely to avoid posting in a game out of boredom than scum are. Yes, scum do do it and I'd agree with this tell if his actual posts looked like someone trying to avoid attention. I laugh in your face if you think his actual posts look like he's trying to be sneaky.
- Finally, some kind of case on Seraphim in nocase's (nice bit of irony :P) Post 727. It's a good case; I think Antihero and Gorrad are scummier but I'd definitely be down for a Sera lynch over a werewolf lynch.
- lol @ Antihero's Post 729, it's great how he assumes DGB is casting suspicion on him with that incredibly general statement about the wagon.
- WTF @ werewolf's Post 738. Seriously, what. Getting rid of that distraction is looking better and better.
- Re RedCoyote's Post 746: I get more of a sense of "rash and impulsive townie who also happens to just not have all the pieces of his own puzzle" than dumb scum. If werewolf was dumb scum I would be expecting a lot more bandwagoning than he is currently exhibiting.
- nocase's Post 751 makes a good point about re-analysis and whatnot; I appreciate the pro-townness of careful and consistent logic as much as anyone but there needs to be some leeway for people to change their minds as long as they have a believable reason for doing so.
- Seraphim is one of those examples where using activity on the rest of the site is an acceptable card to play; the actual content of his posts has not been good at all (I know werewolf's hasn't been either; hopefully the distinction I'm trying to make is understood because I'm having trouble verbalising it).
- I concur with nocase's Post 756 but if at all possible I would still rather lynch someone else. I think there are people who are validly more scummy than werewolf right now. I realise that it probably
won't
be possible but it's too early yet to give up hope.

Still happy with my vote being where it is. Of the people with votes on them now I'd be happy with a Seraphim or a Gorrad lynch, I think werewolf is the dumb and obvious wagon to be on but his lynch would have some worth as distraction removal I guess.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:09 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Wasn't quite 72 hours here. Still calling myself prodless on the yGDB.

Chevre made a lot of sense whilst I was reading. Let me go back and make a
meaningful
ISO case.

among other things.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:15 am

Post by farside22 »

the wrath of mod wrote:- Too many prods. You guys lose a week of play. Deadline moved forward 1 week.
Mod:
Can you please put in your vote count the deadline if you are going to change it. I don't always look at page one and knowing the date helps me out. Thanks.
Done.

Can someone in this game please tell me when dodging questions wasn't scummy?
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:22 am

Post by werewolf555 »

What are you referring to?
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:34 am

Post by yabbaguy »

YAY!

Here's a gem! Watch this screwy reaction between Chevre and nocase. It's like she thinks he's scummy... and probably does... except not!

*Disclaimer: I fully acknowledge that the usage of fancy area tags does not automatically make my case correct.

All quotes Chevre and numbered by ISO view.

Chevre's Wishy-Washy Language
3 wrote:nocase has claimed that he has a post-restriction. Of course, in a Normal game, I'm immediately suspicious, but I want him to explain his restriction as much as he can.
More information and views are better, and the most vital view here is that of the person who claimed such an unbelievable thing.
The underlined bit is a clunky, needless explanation. She starts to begin to say that she's suspicious but wants to hold back from it.
5 wrote:That being said, nocase and inHimshallibe, why would you lie about having a post restriction? Certain philosophies would have you lynched under that statement.
"Just sayin."

Take a stance.
22 wrote:nocase, I find that very anti-town of you, to say that Xalxe is not scumhunting and then when he asks you a legitimate question of elaboration, you tell him to stop posting. How is that going to help us?
But not scummy.

Flip to nocase for a sec. All quotes him now.

nocase being abnormally tentative
3 wrote:no, it was a perfectly straightforward question.

why aren't you voting anyone?

vote: chevre, i guess.
From a man who shows abnormal confidence and recklessness, tagging that "i guess" on is an interesting contrast. I don't see that anywhere else in the ISO.
44 wrote:@chevre, i would rather not waste my time justifying to you something that i do habitually.
Preferably, he wouldn't want to, not some rash GTFO-ish remark like expected. Why's he being so nice to Chevre?

nocase's scumvenient swap
14 wrote:unvote. vote: chevre. that last post was awesomely indecisive.
Now this did happen as well. But then this comes back after a mere post from DGB.
15 wrote:actually, i'm skeptical about xalxe.
That is NOTHING other than fencesitting. Swap the vote if you're that unsure. And then, only after Chevre gets 3 more votes stacked on her...
16 wrote:dhjkfgdklfjghsgadfhdskjgh.

unvote.
17 wrote:vote: xalxe. yeahhh.
And the swap comes at a scumvenient time. There was quite a bit of contention over the issue of whether or not Xalxe was scummier, but I think there's everything to gain for nocase to jump ship at that point if he and Chevre are scum alike.

I've changed my mind. Chevre, then nocase presuming a red flip from the former, and then we proceed from there.

More votes on Chevre please.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”