Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

bvoigt wrote:Artem got to this before I did, but what's with the vote hop just because a GW wagon has more support?
I enjoy putting my vote where it matters more. I suspect both of them, but would rather have GW be pressured as opposed to a single vote on smarg that will get probably little following. I can see how Artem finds me suspicious for jumping off the rat wagon once the speed was mentioned though. But TBH I hadn't payed attention to the speed till that was brought up.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Vote hopping isn't a scumtell IMO.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by LimMePls »

@LlamaFluff: If you could pick one of those for death, which would it be and exactly why? I've got a pretty decent town read on you, so I'm open to your persuasion.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by Furcolow »

ThAdmiral wrote:Vote hopping isn't a scumtell IMO.
it depends on the player
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by Furcolow »

llamafluff, i agree with the sentiment, but what are your reasons for suspecting those players, gonnano specifically?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Furcolow wrote:
it depends on the player
I suppose.

In any case I don't think it is the case for ip.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:10 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

LynchMePls 314 wrote: Since both Americans and Russians are good/bad, why would scum need fake claims? How in ANY way could a name claim help town?
Some historical figures were more known for favoring (I don't mean favoring as in liking, but favoring as opposed to other options) war & conflict over peace. If a player were to claim, say, President Johnson, General MacArthur, Joseph Stalin, Dean Acheson, or Kim Il-sung, I'd be more inclined to see them as scum over, say, President Reagan or Mikhail Gorbachev.

---
gonnano 318 wrote:I feel like a Lowell flip will give us a little insight about GW, plus I think Lowell is more likely overall to be scum.
I appreciate the fact that you liked my post, but this disappoints me somewhat. I feel like your Lowell vote is already kind of lame to begin with (I can think of at least 5 better candidates as I did in my previous post). This sentence in particular makes me feel weird about you. I don't like that you're justifing, even partially, your vote on the basis of how much information it gives you about Ghost. That comment just feels kind of forced in there, like you don't really mean it.

---
Artem 321 wrote:
Vote: InflatablePie
because he vote-hops like crazy.
Firstly, if anyone is really guilty of this, I think it's Fur. Secondly, I've like both rat and Ghost for scum right now. Thirdly, even if I concede that Pie's vote hopping is suspect (which I do not), do you really think Pie is the best place for your vote right now?
Artem 321 wrote: It could be a playstyle thing, but I find it suspicious how every teeny thing causes him to change his vote. It feels like IP puts no thought into his votes whatsoever.
That's a reasonable point of view, I just don't see it that way I guess. I'd rather see someone use their vote too much than too little.

---
Stephoscope 323 wrote:Reading him in iso makes me think he's trying to hard to be seen as a verified townie. And I don't like how he's completely ignored my vote.
Okay, I got you. I kind of see that. Seems a little too passive for a vote at this point in the game. Anything that he's said, like, position-wise that you found to be scummy?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:29 pm

Post by Furcolow »

vote: gonnano
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:45 pm

Post by Lowell »

@RC- yeah gonnano's mad I voted him. It's okay, though. Part of his journey.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:09 am

Post by LimMePls »

Furcolow wrote:llamafluff, i agree with the sentiment, but what are your reasons for suspecting those players, gonnano specifically?
"I agree with you, but I have no idea why you suspect them, so why is that?"

Scum.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:19 am

Post by EGL »

Especially early in D1
EXTERMINAAATE~!
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:20 am

Post by DavidParker »

LynchMePls wrote:
Furcolow wrote:llamafluff, i agree with the sentiment, but what are your reasons for suspecting those players, gonnano specifically?

Scum.
I'd just say Furcolow.

Doesn't seem to indicate much on alignment tbh :/
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Name claim is awful and only helps scum as others have mentioned.

LMP is participating more unprovoked. I find that the pop-in when mentioned after a few days of no activity is a good scum-tell as it shows that someone is monitoring the thread but not participating. That is much more interesting/scummy than just lurking. But usually scum go back into hiding, especially since nobody agreed with me it would have been a great opportunity to do that. Back to rat.

Unvote
Vote: pappums rat
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:21 am

Post by LimMePls »

Scott Brosius wrote:Name claim is awful and only helps scum as others have mentioned.

LMP is participating more unprovoked. I find that the pop-in when mentioned after a few days of no activity is a good scum-tell as it shows that someone is monitoring the thread but not participating. That is much more interesting/scummy than just lurking. But usually scum go back into hiding, especially since nobody agreed with me it would have been a great opportunity to do that. Back to rat.

Unvote
Or it was just a complete coincidence that we were both posting at the same time. But whatever.

V/LA on weekends
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:57 am

Post by DavidParker »

Scott Brosius wrote:Name claim is awful and only helps scum as others have mentioned.

Unvote
I'm gonna be honest here, and say that's somewhat similar to my play at the moment. I am keeping tabs and up to date on things, but unless something goes completely by unnoticed or commented on, I will keep posting my opinions but haven't become actively engaged in scum hunting as of yet anyways. I think day 1 wagons and the day 1 lynch will typically be on someone rather randomly who gets bandwagoned for a slight slip-up or post-style/play-style issue anyways.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

gonnano wrote:This is everything I could find that you've said about me, Llama. Is there any particular
reason
that you think I should die? Like you know I'm town and killing me will help you win, or something?
Herp derp thats a great one!

Its that you really pushed on PI for being very scummy, vet didnt vote for her. You continually just taked about how you dont trust yourself to make right reads, but she is really scummy. All that occured while the wagon was getting built up all around her. When it quieted down, you moved on to other people, apparently all happy with your reads to the extent that you would vote. Something about the way you are moving around with GW-Lowell makes me very uncomfortable too.

@LMP - If I could dayvig anyone right now, it might actually be jmj over rat and ganno. Those three are very close though in scumminess.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by pappums rat »

LynchMePls wrote:

Scum.
qft.

i honestly dont see why furcolow hasnt been lynched yet. iyam he is so obvscum it isnt even funny.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

We've got too many candidates and not enough votes. Now that I'm actually keeping abreast of the game, I'm finding it painstakingly slow.

Mod
, can we get a vote count, please? I'd really like to see the top candidates at the moment. I suspect it's still Ivy, and possibly Ghost or Fur. Additionally, we could probably use a round of prods. I'll round up the activity. Give me a minute.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Beasts of the Sea (Last Post: 3 days ago) (Last Vote: 9 days ago)

2 InflatablePie (Last Post: Yesterday) (Last Vote: 2 days ago)
3 RedCoyote (Last Post: Now) (Last Vote: Yesterday)
4 EGL (Last Post: 14 hours ago) (Last Vote: 6 days ago)
5 pappums rat (Last Post: 3 hours ago) (Last Vote: 6 days ago)
6 DavidParker (Last Post: 12 hours ago) (Last Vote: 5 days ago)
7 LynchMePls (Last Post: 12 hours ago)
(Last Vote: 10 days ago)

8 ThAdmiral (Last Post: Yesterday) (Last Vote: 6 days ago)
9 Artem (Last Post: Yesterday) (Last Vote: Yesterday)
10 Furcolow (Last Post: 23 hours ago) (Last Vote: 23 hours ago)
11 Lowell (Last Post: 22 hours ago) (Last Vote: 5 days ago)
12 XScorpion (Last Post: 3 days ago) (Last Vote: 10 days ago)

13 smargaret (Last Post: 2 days ago) (Last Vote: 3 days ago)
14 Scott Brosius (Last Post: 13 hours ago) (Last Vote: 13 hours ago)
15 Fuzzyman has not posted or voted yet

16 PoisonIvy (Last Post: 4 days ago) (Last Vote: 10 days ago)

17 gonnano (Last Post: Yesterday) (Last Vote: 3 days ago)
18 bvoigt (Last Post: Yesterday)

19 Stephoscope (Last Post: Yesterday) (Last Vote: 7 days ago)
20 LlamaFluff (Last Post: 4 hours ago) (Last Vote: 4 days ago)
21 Nachomamma8 (Last Post: 2 days ago) (Last Vote: 8 days ago)
22 jmj3000 (Last Post: 2 days ago)

23 Ghostwriter (Last Post: 2 days ago)
has no recorded vote

24 Sathrois (Last Post: 6 days ago) (Last Vote: 9 days ago)

Mod
, could we get a prod on Fuzzy, Sathrois, and Ivy, please?

Things that are bolded are people I want to hear from. I'd like a new post from Sathrois, Ivy, Fuzzy, and BotS. I'd like Sathrois, Ghost, jmj, bvoigt, Fuzzy, XScorp, LynchMePls, and BotS to justify their votes (or lack thereof) at this point. Most of these people voted once during the beginning of the game and haven't moved it. Ivy's vote in particular is kind of a sketchy one because it appears she began the game by voting Lowell on an RVS basis, but has apparently decided to park it there in spite of being arguably the number one topic of the game's discussion so far.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:10 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

pappums rat wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:

Scum.
qft.

i honestly dont see why furcolow hasnt been lynched yet. iyam he is so obvscum it isnt even funny.
He honestly isn't.

Unless he's improved out of sight he is playing his town meat.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:10 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Lol!

I mean town
meta
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:28 am

Post by XScorpion »

Things that are bolded are people I want to hear from. I'd like a new post from Sathrois, Ivy, Fuzzy, and BotS. I'd like Sathrois, Ghost, jmj, bvoigt, Fuzzy, XScorp, LynchMePls, and BotS to justify their votes (or lack thereof) at this point.
Are you fucking kidding me?
I'm absolutely shocked that Poisonivy is even alive at this point. What are you guys doing?

Last time I checked, lynching the people who make terrible OMGUS votes without cases and refuse to answer questions was how you're supposed to play this game. Unless it's changed since I was last here?
Beasts of the Sea
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Beasts of the Sea »

Artem wrote:@People voting Rat: What do you think about the speed of the wagon you're on?
I'm a little shocked at the amount of focus time wagon speed is getting in this game, especially considering at the time of this post pappums rat has a sum total of five votes. Unless you think a good number of scum (which would be suicide) are fueling this wagon then what is the point?
gonnano wrote:
BOTS wrote:Backpedaling already? In the quote above you make it quite obvious that there is a clear distinction between PoisonIvy being "scummy", but Furcolow only being "anti-town". But before, you said nothing of the sort. HUGE difference. In fact, before you said clearly that Furcolow was becoming increasingly scummy. Nowhere in your observations of Furcolow did you say "anti-town" and your explanation that you cited only came after you were called out for it. If the PoisonIvy lynch falls through you will eat rope. If PoisonIvy does go through; you eat rope tomorrow.
"becoming increasingly scummy" is not the same as "Furcolow is scum". I am of the opinion that if someone does enough anti-town stuff, it contributes somewhat to the possibility of them being scum. Furcolow may tend to be anti-town regardless of alignment, but I think it's reasonable to say that as scum a player would exploit their meta to get by with as much anti-town behavior as possible. Hence me counting Furcolow's staggering amount of anti-town statements against him as points toward scumminess.
To recap: becoming and being are two different things.
Unless you have positively identified his VI play as specifically scum VI play, you are completely wrong. Saying "increasingly scummy" suggests his behavior has more scum motivation than before. But that's not what you said before. You are backpedaling.

You also say he is exploiting his anti-town meta; can you provide an example of where he does this?
bvoigt wrote:
gonnano wrote:I don't particularly object to a ThAdmiral wagon right now, but I'd like to see what exactly people are finding so scummy about him before I buy in. What vague posts or hints at inside information has he made?
And now that I've mentioned it, this is an extremely scummy quote. You wouldn't mind a wagon on him, even though you don't know why he's scummy? This looks exactly like scum waiting for a reason to get someone lynched.
This.
smargaret wrote:I would feel more comfortable voting PI now, except GW made himself look scummier and I only have one vote. It was more the speed than the votecount, and the fact that there were people who hadn't posted at all.
When PoisonIvy flips scum here is another potential scum pal. Giving support to PoisonIvy when the wagon is fizzling out.
gonnano wrote:I like it when wagons are formed on players who haven't really been pressured yet. So I didn't have any objection to the Thad wagon. While I was in favor of the pressure, though, I wasn't very clear on the reasoning behind the wagon -- if there was any. Again, I didn't put down a vote -- this time because not having a clear cause is an attribute that I'm not fond of in wagons.
You like pressure wagons but you don't like to participate on them?

Scott's 301 on LynchMePlz seems nit picky and a poorly reasoned opportunistic vote.

I echo XScorpion's sentiment about PoisonIvy still being alive (and the wagon dissipating the way it did). I'm looking forward to her coming back and reminding us all why she should be lynched.

RedCoyote - I think my PoisonIvy vote still speaks for itself since PoisonIvy has not even responded to my original suspicion of her and she hasn't posted since the last time I asked her to respond to my accusations. The only people I would considering switching votes to at this point is Artem and gonnano.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:56 am

Post by DavidParker »

XScorpion wrote:
Things that are bolded are people I want to hear from. I'd like a new post from Sathrois, Ivy, Fuzzy, and BotS. I'd like Sathrois, Ghost, jmj, bvoigt, Fuzzy, XScorp, LynchMePls, and BotS to justify their votes (or lack thereof) at this point.
Are you fucking kidding me?
I'm absolutely shocked that Poisonivy is even alive at this point. What are you guys doing?

Last time I checked, lynching the people who make terrible OMGUS votes without cases and refuse to answer questions was how you're supposed to play this game. Unless it's changed since I was last here?
This is a valid point. If PI had been quick lynched I wouldn't have been upset about it. A good lynch because of the way he played, and then more info from night actions.

He's survived now, so we may as well use our time to pursue other endeavors, but I'm always keen to re-push PI's wagon.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Lowell »

Beasts is town. He's right about the wagon-whining going on here. DP is scum; the subtle defense of PI is bizarre.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”