Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohhh games.

What is DGB doing thats insufferable?

Werewolf isn't a BAD call, especially with the beetlejuice moment in 663.

However, for a myriad of reasons, I'd rather see him vig'd and Gorrad lynched.

(And DGB don't do what johnny dont does - KMD is town. High on the juice, but town)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Gorrad wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:Werewolf wagon sucks bigtime. I don't like wagons predicated so heavily upon people's posting habits in other threads and
half the people jumping on aren't even paying lipservice to the thought of explaining why.

Kmd is not scum unless DGB can finally work up the courage to explain herself on him. In the meantime, Antihero still needs lynching.
As does Gorrad. Vote: Gorrad
We've already been through why I think you're scum. Nice try.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Korlash »

werewolf wrote:Personally, I think i'm being targeted for not paying much attention to this game.
Paid enough attention to be on both wagons.... Ironically the most you've said on anyone wasn't even one of them... Finally a wagon that doesn't look ridiculously stupid.

Still like my vote better though! "lets see what comes out of the wash" ha ha ha...

On to more important things! Pokerface has arrived! Finally this game has some class! Or, alternate ending, finally this game has someone more awesome than me! Or, alternate ending, Hey. What's up? you can see why that last one was cut... makes for a good DVD bonus feature though... hmm... Forgot where I was... Oh my god, Pokerface is here!
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by nocase »

SpyreX wrote:What is DGB doing thats insufferable?
refusing to answer simple questions as a point of her unparalleled artsy individuality and general amazingness.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hi I am replacing Katsuki. As I don't know what is going on...

Unvote

I'll read and catchup as soon as I can and vote for scum soon
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:33 am

Post by farside22 »

Gorrad wrote:I haven't seen a lot of commentary on my nocase WoT. Do I need to summarize it again for people who don't like WoTs? I could do a Cliffs Notes version.

Werewolf is the first wagon I've seen get to this point that I wasn't completely against. If my anti-nocase movement fails, I'll give him a more thorough read.
I read it, thought about it and based on my read of him and my gut feeling I disagree with it.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:38 am

Post by farside22 »

werewolf555 wrote:exactly that
We need to analyze how people voted and how or if that makes them scum.
So you get to glide by following people and offering nothing of your own opinion, then blame others when or if they are wrong?

Also I want an answer to how you can be bitter about a modkill when your death was a forgone conclusion?
(for those not understanding my meaning, please search wolf's post and you will find the game he was referring to when he made this statement:
werewolf555 wrote:Not really,
I was just mad because I was modkilled for it before
)
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:11 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

nocase wrote:
SpyreX wrote:What is DGB doing thats insufferable?
refusing to answer simple questions as a point of her unparalleled artsy individuality and general amazingness.
Also, the fact that I already answered in #640.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:14 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Someone wake me for D2.

._.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:15 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

farside seems like miffed town.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:47 am

Post by farside22 »

inHimshallibe wrote:farside seems like miffed town.
farside sig wrote:It's the bitch in me that enjoys seeing people get their comeuppance.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:40 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Just catching up with some modding duties. I haven't forgotten the game, although I am a little frustrated at the lack of consensus here. Will post later tonight.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Weatherman replaces Runner effective immediately.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by Korlash »

Damnit weatherman why is it snowing here? You could have warned me... 4 seconds into the game and I already hate you... Ok hate is a strong word... Mildly dislike... no that doesn't sound like me... that's rude. Is that the kind of man I am now? Am I rude? Rude and not ginger... no I think I'm moot on the subject of you. Neutral, of having no opinion, in a state of unattractiveness without a vector. Then again I have been paying a lot of attention to you in this post, maybe I sorta like you, like one of those times where you see someone and instantly like them. But I haven't seen you so I must really like you because I like you without any evidence. Not even a picture, not even a call, you never write! I HATE YOU... *cries*

Man If I had worked in a part about steam boats earlier I would be set up for a Mitch Hedberg reference here... oh well they can't all be gold.

Can we skip the part where everyone gives up on werewolf as seems to be this games M.O. and just jump onto Spy now? I'm getting borred waiting for Poker to catch up. come on man, it's been at least two hours you should have solved the case already... I'll give you a hint, it wasn't someone in the lounge with the Dan Brown novel.

Ironically, not my most worthless post ever...*

*Not actually verified by any sources.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Korlash wrote:Can we skip the part where everyone gives up on werewolf as seems to be this games M.O. and just jump onto Spy now? I'm getting borred waiting for Poker to catch up. come on man, it's been at least two hours you should have solved the case already... I'll give you a hint, it wasn't someone in the lounge with the Dan Brown novel.
You tempt me so...
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

What is M.O?
I still need to look into a couple of things but I notice a lot of lurkerish people not doing much for this game.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by Korlash »

Modus operandi... Spanish for that thing you did that one time and continued to do again and again... over and over... Often times used by detectives or other forms of livestock to sound smart or appear to be not useless.... I forgot where I was going with this but yeah, the more you know! *insert jingle here*

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Xalxe 628 wrote:RC, I'm not quite sure what you mean. If it's the short nature of my posts, that's fairly in line for me. I don't do wall-o-text posts unless I'm trying to majorly get a conviction on someone the rest of the players isn't considering.
No, no, no. I mean, like, uh, just a really diplomatic nature of your posting. It always seems like you're trying to coalesce people rather than give firm opinions. I don't know. I just wanted you to know that I was noticing this and if I may bring it up later. Right now I see you as okay though.

---
DGB 629 wrote:werewolf is fresh-noob-day1-lynch-meat.
Nonsense. That was a horrible reaction to farside. You were ready to string up Chevre over ignoring your fake vigshot earlier. This is clearly worse. Instead of telling farside to take a hike with that meta crap, he tries to get her modkilled. I don't buy that he was just mad because it happened to him before. I mean, it's possible, but even if it was, why didn't he defend himself in addition to mentioning that it was an ongoing game? Nah, not good enough. I think we're going to have to put the puppy down. I know how much you'll miss him back at the QT, but it's for the best.

---
farside 631 wrote:He's also hiding, lying and misrepresenting a few things he said in this game. I don't except that as noob town.
farside 1 - werewolf/DGB 0

---
inHim 633 wrote:I read nothing that didn't convince me further of what I had believed before, outside of "Oh, hey, KMD is gonna try."
What is this? What are you talking about? You mean in defense of your Gorrad vote? Context helps.

---
farside 635 wrote:I'm not changing my vote but I'm definitely looking at RC when I ask that question, with a maybe I should think and look more closely at DO.
No, I didn't. Honestly the game makes little difference to me. Meta arguments are so-so at best in my eyes. I was more concerned over his reaction to you and his reluctance to standup for himself.

---
DGB 637 wrote:Join date doesn't matter, he still has that new car scent.
XD

---
farside 641 wrote:That game is over. That is a newbie game where the mod didn't change the title. He does have an ongoing game he was active. The modkilled game he is bitter about was a misreprep........also avoiding a game is not a town tell
farside 2 - werewolf/DGB 0

---
Antihero 648 wrote:Well, there's a really easy way to see if KMD is selectively lurking. Let's look at his posts site-wide...

Nope, his posting is pretty consistent across the board.

Picking through KMD's posts, I don't see much fluff, but you're right that he needs to hurry up.
I agree 100%.

---
Cyberbob 662 wrote:Werewolf wagon sucks bigtime. I don't like wagons predicated so heavily upon people's posting habits in other threads and half the people jumping on aren't even paying lipservice to the thought of explaining why.
You skimmed, bobby, at least on my account. This is all reaction, this is all werewolf's doing in this game. I could care less if farside gave us a link to a Greek twitter account. werewolf is no good. The fact that he'd try to get farside killed rather than defend himself is just music to my little townie ears.

---
DGB 667 wrote:You guys are forcing me to vig KMD.
Not if I shoot you first.

---
farside 681 wrote:So you get to glide by following people and offering nothing of your own opinion, then blame others when or if they are wrong?

Also I want an answer to how you can be bitter about a modkill when your death was a forgone conclusion?
farside 3 - werewolf/DGB 0

---
Korlash 688 wrote:Can we skip the part where everyone gives up on werewolf as seems to be this games M.O. and just jump onto Spy now?
I, for one, am not selling this wagon short.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:36 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 11

"Expect problems and eat them for breakfast."
- Alfred A. Montapert

werewolf555
- 7 - Antihero, Chevre, curiouskarmadog, farside22, RedCoyote, Dutch one, nocase
Gorrad
- 5 - SpyreX, werewolf555, inHimshallibe, iamausername, Cyberbob
Chevre
- 3 - Seraphim, Jerbs, Xalxe
nocase
- 1 - Gorrad
SpyreX
- 1 - Korlash
DrippingGoofball
- 1 - Kmd4390
KMD4390
- 1 - DrippingGoofball

Players not voting:
Weatherman, PokerFace

Prodding
:
- Jerbs is out, tracking down a replacement..
- Seraphim
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Weatherman
Weatherman
Townie
Weatherman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:40 am

Post by Weatherman »

Korlash wrote:Damnit weatherman [... ...]
The zebra salutes you as she sings Stars and Stripes forever.

Also, I thought I would try a skimmy gutty pleasurable replacement read approach but it's not working, the fuzzy conception of what's happened is agonizing. I need a day.

DGB and inHim are piercingly town, though.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:41 am

Post by Korlash »

Redcoyote wrote:I, for one, am not selling this wagon short.
Hey we can all dream I guess, but the track record so far gives it pretty bad odds. best way to actually make sure the wagon sticks is to skip it, move on, eventually skip that one, move on, eventually skip that one then come back to werewolf. By then people will be all like "well deadline will be here soon so I guess we can keep this one..." that has a lot higher odds of actually playing out. So I still think we should use the two remaining 'info wagons' and I use the fake term loosely, on people who don't have a huge chance of being lynched but actually need some things cleared up or focused on...

Then again we could all prove me wrong and cause the world to collapse upon itself... cause that sounds like a productive afternoon...

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:31 am

Post by Xalxe »

My issue with this wagon is that I read werewolf as town. That being said, a lynch is better than no lynch.

I doubt this will survive the 22 days until deadline though.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

Any chance someone can make my job easier by giving me a summary of what's been going on so far and or alerting to me to any impending deadlines?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Korlash »

Well it all started in 1980 when soviet Russia invaded the game sparking world war three. A few of us from high school banded together somewhere around page thirteen. We started using guerrilla warfare to resit their occupation while calling ourselves the wolverines after someone's avatar...

Or is that the summary to Red Dawn...

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:34 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Xalxe wrote:My issue with this wagon is that I read werewolf as town. That being said, a lynch is better than no lynch.

I doubt this will survive the 22 days until deadline though.
I would also be ok with some pressure here too..

why exactly do you have werewolf as town?...what is your opinion has he done that deserves that?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”