Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Artem wrote:@People voting Rat: What do you think about the speed of the wagon you're on?
tbh... I don't like it. Especially smarg's reasoning:
smargaret wrote:
pappums rat wrote:yes, i suppose that is true, but i have never claimed to be a good scumhunter, and am in fact a rather poor one.
This does not sit well with me. Are you trying to excuse your future presence on a mislynch or something?
It's a bit of a stretch; feels kinda RVS-y. Do not like.

UNVOTE: Rat
VOTE: smargaret
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Furcolow »

REALLY liking nachomomma and lowell on that last page
feels really town
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

LlamaFluff wrote:Just about all of his early posts.

They may be flavor speculation like people are saying, but this is the good type. He is shutting down people pushing on PI who really dont get the complexity of what the Cold War really was. It was not only soviets/americans, and depending on your political viewpoints, people may have different views on who was good and bad.

While there isnt that much scumhunting from GW, just about all of his points are deadon for what town should be thinking flavor and playwise this game.
He gave us a history lesson, and that's fine, but he also throws in lines like this:
GhostWriter wrote:To me, there's real mafia on her wagon. I just need to figure out who.
Which would be ok if he actually looked through the people on the PI wagon and actually tried to figure out who the scum were, but he didn't.

Nachomamma8 wrote:More scum funtime from Thad! He gets mad at Furc telling PoisonIvy to make a "good solid wall", continues to push the PoisonIvy lynch without any reasoning, continues to post absolutely no content...
Hi!
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

InflatablePie wrote:
Artem wrote:@People voting Rat: What do you think about the speed of the wagon you're on?
tbh... I don't like it. Especially smarg's reasoning:
smargaret wrote:
pappums rat wrote:yes, i suppose that is true, but i have never claimed to be a good scumhunter, and am in fact a rather poor one.
This does not sit well with me. Are you trying to excuse your future presence on a mislynch or something?
It's a bit of a stretch; feels kinda RVS-y. Do not like.

UNVOTE: Rat
VOTE: smargaret
Smargrets been stretching quite a bit in this game. Must be very limber.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by Furcolow »

the reasons for my last post are thus:

lowell answered directly, although mathematically and logically, the root of the problem with your buddy GhostWriter, Ad.
Admiral is scum on meta, GW probably because I believe Lowell in his post a page ago in his assessment. It was a very well written town-read post that I will definitely sheep
as
for the good of the town because of following your heart with town reads making more of a voting bloc and not being able to be outvoted by smaller numbers of scum. Though, of course, we wouldn't want the scum to infiltrate our town voting block, their sheer inability to properly cast votes and willingness to bandwagon will always come out. We will see if that is the case with GW so I'm going to
FoS GW
because I believe Lowell. Plain and simple. I am willing to get on this lynch if it comes close to deadline.

I am going to put my vote on the admiral if it isn't.
His meta will always show through for me when he is pressured, and I know that I can read him correctly.

vote: thadmiral
if i'm not. I need to read through a bit more thoroughly.
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:44 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

Apologies about not posting for a while. Me and my family had a unexpected huge problem we had to deal with, thanks to our bitch of a neighbor. Give me another day to get to where my mind is not focused on whats been going on, and I will be able to catch-up.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I don't really like LlamaFluff's 274
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Furcolow »

It feels like he is just dismissing something that could be important. The town reaction would be unsure in this scenario, whereas he is sure of PoisonIvy's alignment here.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Furcolow wrote:It feels like he is just dismissing something that could be important. The town reaction would be unsure in this scenario, whereas he is sure of PoisonIvy's alignment here.
Are we back on the "confidence is a scumtell" page?

If I think PI is town (which I do) im going to say she is town, and not let her be lynched. Also how does that post have anything to do with PI-town since it was me saying GW is town (which I also believe).
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:40 pm

Post by Furcolow »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Furcolow wrote:It feels like he is just dismissing something that could be important. The town reaction would be unsure in this scenario, whereas he is sure of PoisonIvy's alignment here.
Are we back on the "confidence is a scumtell" page?

If I think PI is town (which I do) im going to say she is town, and not let her be lynched. Also how does that post have anything to do with PI-town since it was me saying GW is town (which I also believe).
I love how you have developed multiple townreads this early into the game. Smaller player list to work with than the rest of us?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:42 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Nah, I just am good with townreads, and will defend them to death if they are getting attacked.

Just to confirm though, confidence is a scumtell to you?
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:55 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Okay, I just died in one of my games. Tomorrow I'll be ready to go. I need to catch up on a little reading for school right now.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:51 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Furcolow wrote:Admiral is scum on meta
I'm hurt.
Furcolow wrote:I am going to put my vote on the admiral if it isn't.
It is.
Furcolow wrote:
vote: thadmiral
if i'm not.
You already were.
Furcolow wrote:His meta will alway show through for me when he is pressured, and I know that I can read him correctly.
This is going to be fun!
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:43 am

Post by Furcolow »

unvote
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:22 am

Post by GhostWriter »

ThAdmiral wrote:He gave us a history lesson, and that's fine, but he also throws in lines like this:
GhostWriter wrote:To me, there's real mafia on her wagon. I just need to figure out who.
Which would be ok if he actually looked through the people on the PI wagon and actually tried to figure out who the scum were, but he didn't.
Incorrect. I'm simply not posting what I'm doing. It's a bunch of iso reading in one tab, game reading in another, and a third iso tab to cross-reference with other players based on the first tab. You expect me to post everything? Kind of funny.

Also, on that "history lesson" bit: knowing the flavor of the game helps out a lot. It can literally make all the difference in how the town sees the game and in how we know how the game should be played. I saw flavor confusion. I wanted to make sure everyone was up to snuff on the flavor, or that at least a large enough amount of us were. I know a little about it, info that still remains with me from high school history classes. I looked up a little bit extra before getting distracted (Wikipedia; start in one place, end up in anime no matter what), so I've got some ideas of what to expect. Granted, you said it was fine, I was responding more to those who had a problem with what I said.

@Lowell:
Would you mind telling me your opinions on ThAd?

@Nacho:
Could you explain your XScorp read to me?
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:31 am

Post by smargaret »

GW, how is not sharing your impressions pro-town?
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:09 am

Post by gonnano »

bvoigt wrote:PI was your only vote before now. And you supported the Furcolow wagon:
My understanding was that InflatablePie was accusing me of waiting around for a wagon to put my vote on. The point I was trying to make is that if I were scum trying to hop onto an unobtrusive wagon, I have had plenty of opportunities. For example, I could have stayed on the PoisonIvy wagon to try and see it through a mislynch. Instead, I got off because I have a feeling that a wagon that moves that fast is scummy. I said that Furcolow was becoming scummy, but a lot of other players felt the same way for the same reasons. The fact is that I didn't put down my vote just so I could ride along with a wagon.
bvoigt wrote:And now that I've mentioned it, this is an extremely scummy quote. You wouldn't mind a wagon on him, even though you don't know why he's scummy? This looks exactly like scum waiting for a reason to get someone lynched.
I like it when wagons are formed on players who haven't really been pressured yet. So I didn't have any objection to the Thad wagon. While I was in favor of the pressure, though, I wasn't very clear on the reasoning behind the wagon -- if there was any. Again, I didn't put down a vote -- this time because not having a clear cause is an attribute that I'm not fond of in wagons.
Lowell wrote:Also your points are nonsense.
Ah. An effective rebuttal.
LlamaFluff wrote:While there isnt that much scumhunting from GW, just about all of his points are deadon for what town should be thinking flavor and playwise this game.
Something about this seems a little off to me. Does Llama know something about the setup that I don't? Is he defending GW indirectly? Nothing majorly scummy, but I thought I'd point this out all the same.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by bvoigt »

gonnano wrote:
bvoigt wrote:PI was your only vote before now. And you supported the Furcolow wagon:
My understanding was that InflatablePie was accusing me of waiting around for a wagon to put my vote on. The point I was trying to make is that if I were scum trying to hop onto an unobtrusive wagon, I have had plenty of opportunities. For example, I could have stayed on the PoisonIvy wagon to try and see it through a mislynch. Instead, I got off because I have a feeling that a wagon that moves that fast is scummy. I said that Furcolow was becoming scummy, but a lot of other players felt the same way for the same reasons. The fact is that I didn't put down my vote just so I could ride along with a wagon.
Maybe you didn't actually place a vote, but you still supported a wagon, which is just as bad. It allows scum to get someone lynched without being held responsible later on (in vote count analysis, etc).
gonnano wrote:
bvoigt wrote:And now that I've mentioned it, this is an extremely scummy quote. You wouldn't mind a wagon on him, even though you don't know why he's scummy? This looks exactly like scum waiting for a reason to get someone lynched.
I like it when wagons are formed on players who haven't really been pressured yet. So I didn't have any objection to the Thad wagon. While I was in favor of the pressure, though, I wasn't very clear on the reasoning behind the wagon -- if there was any. Again, I didn't put down a vote -- this time because not having a clear cause is an attribute that I'm not fond of in wagons..
So why didn't you try to form your own opinion about TheAd, instead of halfheartedly supporting his wagon and waiting for someone else to provide you with a reason to join it?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

GhostWriter wrote:Incorrect. I'm simply not posting what I'm doing. It's a bunch of iso reading in one tab, game reading in another, and a third iso tab to cross-reference with other players based on the first tab. You expect me to post everything? Kind of funny.
I've said something very similar as scum once. Can't remember the game, but I was all like: "I don't post everything I think".
I was lynched soon after.

Assuming you are telling the truth, however, I'm looking forward to your analysis.
GhostWriter wrote:Also, on that "history lesson" bit: knowing the flavor of the game helps out a lot. It can literally make all the difference in how the town sees the game and in how we know how the game should be played. I saw flavor confusion. I wanted to make sure everyone was up to snuff on the flavor, or that at least a large enough amount of us were. I know a little about it, info that still remains with me from high school history classes. I looked up a little bit extra before getting distracted (Wikipedia; start in one place, end up in anime no matter what), so I've got some ideas of what to expect. Granted, you said it was fine, I was responding more to those who had a problem with what I said.
I said I was fine with the history lesson.
GhostWriter wrote:
@Lowell:
Would you mind telling me your opinions on ThAd?

@Nacho:
Could you explain your XScorp read to me?
Can we get
your
opinion on, like, anything other than the votes on you?
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by gonnano »

bvoigt wrote:Maybe you didn't actually place a vote, but you still supported a wagon, which is just as bad.
So when exactly is it okay for me to share my reads? If me saying that Furcolow is acting in a way that is detrimental to the town is now a scumtell, what contribution
am
I allowed to make to the discussion?
bvoigt wrote:So why didn't you try to form your own opinion about TheAd, instead of halfheartedly supporting his wagon and waiting for someone else to provide you with a reason to join it?
I already had my own impression of thad. It went something like "meh". I think you can understand why I wasn't compelled to share this less-than-awe-inspiring read, and why I was interested to find out what others had seen in his posting that I had missed.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by DavidParker »

what just happened between furc and ThAd?
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by bvoigt »

gonnano wrote:
bvoigt wrote:Maybe you didn't actually place a vote, but you still supported a wagon, which is just as bad.
So when exactly is it okay for me to share my reads? If me saying that Furcolow is acting in a way that is detrimental to the town is now a scumtell, what contribution
am
I allowed to make to the discussion?
I never said you couldn't share your reads. What I don't like is that you supported a wagon without placing a vote anywhere, and then tried to use your lack of a wagon vote as a defense.
gonnano wrote:
bvoigt wrote:So why didn't you try to form your own opinion about TheAd, instead of halfheartedly supporting his wagon and waiting for someone else to provide you with a reason to join it?
I already had my own impression of thad. It went something like "meh". I think you can understand why I wasn't compelled to share this less-than-awe-inspiring read, and why I was interested to find out what others had seen in his posting that I had missed.
So you had a null read, but were hoping that someone would post a good case so you could change your mind?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Ghostwriter wrote:@Nacho: Could you explain your XScorp read to me?
He's town. What more did you need to know?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I'm back from V/LA; gonna catch up now.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Artem wrote:
@People voting Rat: What do you think about the speed of the wagon you're on?
No problem with the speed, less enthused with my vote after smargaret jumped on. I agree with Beast's comment about his Poison Ivy comment not wanting to have a high vote count. Pressure is the best way to get reads on people.
LynchMePls wrote:Sorry guys, I've been pretty disinterested in mafia lately. Why haven't we lynched PI yet?
You have an awful amount of posting in other games to be "disinterested in mafia lately". This comment is suspicious.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”