Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Plum »

It's a rule of thumb. Beyond that you're a Fate sheeper. That's generally fairly null (and given you don't have one of the worst votes on the wagon, well).
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Katy »

singersigner wrote::roll:
You don't like it when people point out how wrong you are, do you.
Heh. You think Fate pays any attention when people point out how wrong he is?

Fate has his ups and downs, but if people would just not get so worked up about it, it all works out fine. Don't be distracted by the yelling.

I like VV so far and Quadz both are making complete sense to me and being reasonable which is something that is sorely needed. I wish Gandalf had taken his vaccination for caps lock syndrome because it seems to be contagious and it really has an effect on me where I want to skip reading those posts. However, his play seems pretty confident to me and I'm getting a real town vibe from him. I always have to take a wait and see approach with Fate, and this game is no different. It should come clear to me later what the flavor of his insanity is this time.

As to Plum, I've gone back and reread the events in question and I see the case now. For people who don't get it, let me explain it English rather than Yellish:

Plum opened by voting to imbue Edge for being "Townie as hell" in confirmation stage. Edge immediately grew shifty eyed at this because he didn't do anything particularly townie in confirmation. Then she claimed that she didn't actually know Edge=Fate when she said that. This looks suspect because well, after reading even one of his posts, how could you not know? And it also makes her first statement seem more confusing because if she didn't know it was Fate, then on what basis was she determining that his posts looked like town posts?

This is sad, because I like Plum, I don't want to believe she could betray me like this. :'( One thing I'd like to see addressed by Plum is why she stated Edge's confirmation looked townie. What made you think it was so town, Plum? Especially given that you claim not to have known who the player was at that point?

Also, I might as well join in on this imbuing party.

Imbue: Quadz
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:12 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

WHY IS EVERYBODY IMBUING QUADZ? IS THAT SERIOUSLY EVERYBODYS STRONGEST TOWNREAD?

Also, I'm not quite sure why everybody says that caps make posts harder to read. I've actually found that they make it easier for me to read walls. There's more space in between the letters.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Plum »

Katy wrote:This is sad, because I like Plum, I don't want to believe she could betray me like this. :'( One thing I'd like to see addressed by Plum is why she stated Edge's confirmation looked townie. What made you think it was so town, Plum? Especially given that you claim not to have known who the player was at that point?
Generally a lack of caution, boldness, fired-upness early is something I associate with Townieness (but is a general playstyle of Fate's, and on him was give or take null). Was it
that
Town? Sort of, and sort of was an opportunity to use the Town as hell pun.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Plum wrote:His setup speculations seem to be Town-based, partly because they're illogical/wrong (things scum wouldn't come up with or wouldn't say because it doesn't mesh with their worldview) and partly because I believe Townies in general will do more flavor speculation than scum.
I actually agree with this, despite gandalf's "ZOMG HOW CAN YOU THINK I'M TOWN" freak-out.
I understand you have some reasons for voting me involving me making weak arguments of some sort. I don't know what arguments you're referring to or why you find them weak &c. So I can't respond to them except in the most general sense, which isn't likely to explain things properly to either of us.
That makes sense. When I get time tomorrow, I'll go through your posts and point out the ones I didn't like. Won't happen tonight. X-Games take precedence.

@Gandalf: CAPS ARE ANNOYING AND SQUISH THE LETTERS TOGETHER (WHERE DID YOU GET THE "MORE SPACE BETWEEN THE LETTERS" IDEA? I DON'T SEE ANY EXTRA SPACE. I SEE SMUSHED WORDS). THERE IS NO VISIBLE DEFINITION IN SENTENCE STRUCTURE (Such as is the case here.). IT'S ALSO POOR ETIQUETTE AND I PERSONALLY TEND TO READ IT IN A REALLY LOUD MONOTONOUS VOICE (IN MY HEAD) WHICH MEANS NOTHING SINKS IN.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Spyrex wrote:No dice. Again, while this doesn't make sense as SCUM MOVE TM:
Plum wrote:Fate, dude, if you'd managed to post UNDER THIS ACCOUNT for a reasonable percentage of the game I Modded I might've remembered.
No way. No other words are necessary.
Ummmmmmwhat? That makes no sense, and is far from vote-worthy. You imply that single statement is enough of a scumtell to vote her, which I find patently ridiculous.

Sevei, your post gets an A+. I actually understand the case now! Hallelujah. See how sitting down and speaking reasonably and explaining yourself properly can be helpful, Fate? (and Gandalf, apparently. Ugh.) Nonetheless, I still feel that Plum forgetting that Fate was part of the Edge hydra was no more than forgetfulness on her part. And, to respond to the end of your post, it DID matter that she forgot. As she explained later, Fate-style actions read as town to her, unless Fate is the one committing them. This is described briefly in 65, and more in-depth in 203, at Katy's request.

Gandalf... just, ughhh. Seriously. Uber-sheeping Fate AND copying his playstyle? You're like a 12-year-old girl who just discovered the Spice Girls.
AGM wrote:Now, instead of going into hyper-mode about how stupid, idiotic, and scummy I am, just take a few minutes and actually EXPLAIN the link your argument is missing.
Read thread, plz. See Sevei, 8 posts above you.
Edge wrote:Sevei seems like a competent perceptive player with :goodposting: galore.
This is true. I would support imbuing Sevei.

Edge, your 176 is a solid post, and it explains your thought process well. I must ask, though: do you really think scum-Plum cares enough about what you think to buddy up like that so quickly? From what I've seen in this game, the answer is no, but I've never seen the two of you interact before. Anyone else who can answer this question would be quite helpful.
Gandalf wrote:Especially when Fate loses track of his target, I've found he ends up switching to a town lynch.
Can you explain that?

Mariyta, I look forward to your case on Plum. I haven't found her questioning to be unreasonable, so I'm curious to find out what you've seen.

I'm not liking AGM too much right now; his lack of reading disturbs me. For now, though, my vote stays on Mari.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Edge wrote:Plum is scum and your lates post has NOTHING, not ONE THING in it besides "why is plumscum fate" AGM, that means you get death soon.
This is a terrible line of logic; just because I'm not SHEEPING AND IMITATING YOU IN A DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO BE COOL like gandalf does not make me scum.

Anyway, I get your point on the Plum case now. I'm STILL a bit hesitant because it personally took me a few pages to realize who you were … but then again, I did not mod a whole game with you in it. Additionally, given the context (which you could have just referenced instead of dancing around it for 3 pages, but whatever), it does seem like pretty bad backpedaling.

Unvote, vote: Plum

Plum wrote:AGM - Do you think Edge is scummish or Townish? One word answer. Pronto.
Nullish.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Also,
Imbue: AlmasterGM
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by quadz08 »

PLUM IS AT L-1.

NOBODY HAMMER YET, PLEASE.

THANK YOU.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Plum »

AlmasterGM wrote:
Edge wrote:Plum is scum and your lates post has NOTHING, not ONE THING in it besides "why is plumscum fate" AGM, that means you get death soon.
This is a terrible line of logic; just because I'm not SHEEPING AND IMITATING YOU IN A DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO BE COOL like gandalf does not make me scum.

Anyway, I get your point on the Plum case now. I'm STILL a bit hesitant because it personally took me a few pages to realize who you were … but then again, I did not mod a whole game with you in it. Additionally, given the context (which you could have just referenced instead of dancing around it for 3 pages, but whatever), it does seem like pretty bad backpedaling.

Unvote, vote: Plum

Plum wrote:AGM - Do you think Edge is scummish or Townish? One word answer. Pronto.
Nullish.
Not apologizing for not sheeping + actual sheeping = I'M SORRY FATE I WASN'T SHEEPING YOU BEFORE I'MA MAKE IT UP TO YOU.

PLUS

You voted to Imbue yourself? It's majority needed to Imbue. You just put me at L-1 and didn't vote one of the top Imbue wagons, giving yourself a vote which is either pointless or counterproductive. Way to keep things actually moving. I've been voting you and I'm damn glad I've been voting scum nearly this entire blasted game.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Mariyta »

UNVOTE: Plum I still think Plum is scum, but I don't want her lynched just yet. Especially not before she responds to the case I have yet to post.

Really really really really DO NOT LIKE AGM's vote on Plum. "Hey, I suddenly get it... but I still don't really get it... but I'll vote anyway. L-1 for the hammer!"
quadz08 wrote: You're like a 12-year-old girl who just discovered the Spice Girls.
Don't you dare insult the Spice Girls. They had real talent!
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Edge wrote:Not apologizing for not sheeping + actual sheeping = I'M SORRY FATE I WASN'T SHEEPING YOU BEFORE I'MA MAKE IT UP TO YOU.
This equation is so convoluted I don't even know what you are talking. The argument wasn't clear to me before. It was clarified. I agreed with it. I voted. How is that sheeping?
Plum wrote:You voted to Imbue yourself? It's majority needed to Imbue. You just put me at L-1 and didn't vote one of the top Imbue wagons, giving yourself a vote which is either pointless or counterproductive. Way to keep things actually moving. I've been voting you and I'm damn glad I've been voting scum nearly this entire blasted game.
I'm town, so no. And with regards to the imbue, there's still a ways to go on any particular wagon, so I don't see why I need to pile on.
Mariyta wrote:Really really really really DO NOT LIKE AGM's vote on Plum. "Hey, I suddenly get it... but I still don't really get it... but I'll vote anyway. L-1 for the hammer!"
I never have and never will get the whole "L-1 fear." L-1 is not a lynch. It is L-1. If somebody quickhammers then fine, they are scum, but me voting is not scummy.

Ironically, if I had NOT voted Plum, I'm sure someone would have come in and said, "DERP DERP AGREEING WITH THE CASE BUT NO VOTE? WTF IS WITH THAT." Or something similar.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by Plum »

AlmasterGM wrote:I'm town, so no. And with regards to the imbue, there's still a ways to go on any particular wagon, so I don't see why I need to pile on.
Because the Ring is used at Night? And you VOTED ME TO L-1?

Agreeing with the case sudden-like with no clear understanding of why you suddenly changed your mind about it
is
worthy of more than a derp derp. With or without a vote. But yeah, the sudden L-1 vote doesn't make me feel any better about you.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Mariyta »

AlmasterGM wrote:there's still a ways to go on any particular wagon, so I don't see why I need to pile on.
You call L-1 "a ways to go"?

P-edit: What Plum said.
Mariyta wrote:Really really really really DO NOT LIKE AGM's vote on Plum. "
Hey, I suddenly get it... but I still don't really get it... but I'll vote anyway.
L-1 for the hammer!"
I never have and never will get the whole "L-1 fear." L-1 is not a lynch. It is L-1. If somebody quickhammers then fine, they are scum, but me voting is not scummy.

Ironically, if I had NOT voted Plum, I'm sure someone would have come in and said, "DERP DERP AGREEING WITH THE CASE BUT NO VOTE? WTF IS WITH THAT." Or something similar.
I think you missed my point. I don't really care about the L-1 if you truly believe the case.
-Susan Ertz

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Plum wrote:Agreeing with the case sudden-like with no clear understanding of why you suddenly changed your mind about it is worthy of more than a derp derp. With or without a vote. But yeah, the sudden L-1 vote doesn't make me feel any better about you.
I am unsure of exactly how I am supposed to rhetorically qualify comprehension of an already-made argument. Previously, I did not understand the reason for lying as scum. I did think it was silly that you would forget (having modded the game, and all), but silly != scummy. Fate, however, pointed out that it would let you backpedal out of calling him town early. That seems like a significant enough motive to be worth lying about to me.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Mariyta wrote:You call L-1 "a ways to go"?
We are talking about different VC's. Last time I checked, nobody was L-1 away from being awarded the ring. If they were, then fine, I am wrong, but I did not think that was the case.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Right, but, and correct me if I'm wrong here, if we reach a lynch, but no one reaches an imbue "hammer", no one gets the ring.
-Susan Ertz

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Mariyta wrote:Right, but, and correct me if I'm wrong here, if we reach a lynch, but no one reaches an imbue "hammer", no one gets the ring.
You're right. My point is that 1) L-1 is not a lynch, so we can still give someone the ring and 2) there is no OBV-RINGWAGON (e.g., nobody on the ring VC is at L-1/2).
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by singersigner »

AlmasterGM wrote:
Edge wrote:Not apologizing for not sheeping + actual sheeping = I'M SORRY FATE I WASN'T SHEEPING YOU BEFORE I'MA MAKE IT UP TO YOU.
This equation is so convoluted I don't even know what you are talking. The argument wasn't clear to me before. It was clarified. I agreed with it. I voted. How is that sheeping?
I agree with this. I didn't see the argument before, and Spyrex has been the only one to making it convincing enough for me to believe it. Fate's just egocentric, but we all know that, so we can move on, lol.
AGM wrote:
Plum wrote:You voted to Imbue yourself? It's majority needed to Imbue. You just put me at L-1 and didn't vote one of the top Imbue wagons, giving yourself a vote which is either pointless or counterproductive. Way to keep things actually moving. I've been voting you and I'm damn glad I've been voting scum nearly this entire blasted game.
I'm town, so no. And with regards to the imbue, there's still a ways to go on any particular wagon, so I don't see why I need to pile on.
You just completely disregarded the point she made about bringing her closer to a lynch without contributing to making us closer to imbuing someone. See below.
AGM wrote:
Mariyta wrote:Really really really really DO NOT LIKE AGM's vote on Plum. "Hey, I suddenly get it... but I still don't really get it... but I'll vote anyway. L-1 for the hammer!"

Why do you even care? The response would've been equally easy. You're either ok with L-1 or you're not. Plum brings up a good point about the fact that bring her closer to a lynch without being equally as productive with imbuing is just counter-productive. You don't have a town read on ANYONE but yourself?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by Plum »

AlmasterGM wrote:
Mariyta wrote:Right, but, and correct me if I'm wrong here, if we reach a lynch, but no one reaches an imbue "hammer", no one gets the ring.
You're right. My point is that 1) L-1 is not a lynch, so we can still give someone the ring and 2) there is no OBV-RINGWAGON (e.g., nobody on the ring VC is at L-1/2).
You're expecting things to just sit here with me at L-1 while you try to figure out who to imbue? Really? While you do nothing to help the process along? Well, at least you reminded me of something:

unimbue

Imbue: Sevei
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Andrius »

Announcement
[Insert lame prank daykill here]

MasterSpy
replaces
esuriospiritus

Votes stay the same, deadline is as it were.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Andrius »

Day One, Lynch-Count Five

Plum (5): Edge, gandalf5166, MasterSpy, SpyreX, AlmasterGM
singersigner (1): VasudeVa
AlmasterGM (2): Plum, Katy
Mariyta (1): quadz08

Not Voting (3): Sevei, singersigner, Mariyta

Day One, Imbue-Count Five

quadz08 (4): quadz08, singersigner, VasudeVa, Katy
SpyreX (3): Edge, gandalf5166, Mariyta
MasterSpy (1): MasterSpy
AlmasterGM (1): AlmasterGM
Sevei (1): Plum

Not Voting (2): SpyreX, Sevei

Notices
With 12 alive it takes 7 to Lynch and/or Imbue.
Deadline is set at Thursday, February 10th, at 1:00pm PST.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Plum »

Shoot, I thought Sevei had an actual following.

unimbue

Imbue: quadz
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:54 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Plum case is weak. Sevei seems to be viewing it in scum tinged glasses. I especially disagree with this statement here:
Sevei wrote:5. If Plum were town, she would have been able to brush off Edge's question about her buddying and she would never have invented the story that she forgot who Fate was. Instead she addresses her memory lapse not once but twice in #65, once in a comment addressed to Edge and once in a comment addressed to Mariyta, thus drawing undue attention to it.
If she is Town, is she immune to sudden lapses of Amnesia? (Quadz ISO #16.). You forget that Town can be careless at times. Unless you can somehow prove that she wasn't lying, it does not mean autoscum.
Why does mentioning it twice matter?

There is also the fact that it was Andy who modded most of the game. Plum WAS the official mod but I seem to remember that it was Andy doing most of the votals and shit. I personally think that Plum is being a bit too careless here to be scum. I have seen a careless Town Plum actually.

@Plum:
Why did you vote for Sevei? Why did you call Edge Town?

---

@Mariyta:
Waiting on that "Plum case" you are working on. You have avoided that topic for far too long. I certainly do not appreciate you hounding Plum, stating that you have your own reasons. It almost seems like you're hyping it up to be more than it is.
Last edited by Andrius on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Bah. Fix quotes plx.

Fixed by Bro-drius.
Last edited by Andrius on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”