Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:40 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Right. Way later than I intended, but I'm here.

My farside vote was kind of an impulse vote, that's not to say that I don't think her post was scummy anymore but it's not exactly something to build an entire case out of.
Unvote

I'm glad that a bunch of people have now all of a sudden decided that Gorrad is obvscum (I'd put him at my #2 preferred lynch today behind Antihero) but my sheepsense is tingling. I'll have to go back and read through the vote shifts in a bit more detail to be certain but right now my gut says that there are a couple of people just riding DGB's coattails and hoping that her force of will can ward off any suspicion of them.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:10 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Hey guyz

It's pretty much in the bag that KMD is scum.

Now that he's confessed his alignment, I'd rather lynch him than Gorrad. But the two are probably buddies.

So what do I do? Vote the 100% guaranteed KMDscum, or his 90% guaranteed Gorradscumpal, who has a bigger wagon?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:18 am

Post by farside22 »

I wondered if Kmd was talking out of his ass about DGB, so I looked up the game in question and compared DGB to Sly Cooper to this game. I actually see a lot of similarities between the 2 play styles. I will say DGB spams more here then that game in so far, but the comments here and there are eeriely similar

*adds DGB to the watch list*
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:24 am

Post by farside22 »

I had to see if I was going crazy because DGB's play reminded me of Geezer Mafia
I'm going to stick with the keep and eye on DGB and note that she plays this way as scum and town, but I note she does seem to spam more as town.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Dutch one
Dutch one
Goon
Dutch one
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 am

Post by Dutch one »

Kmd4390 wrote:Dutch, I have to ask. Why was the Gorrad vote "out of date"? Did you no longer believe in your reasons for voting him? What convinced you of his innocence?
I wasn't convinced he was innocent. But the vote was more a mixture between an RVS and a OMGUS vote. I didn't have that many evidence to prove he was scum, and another thing was that I had other people in my mind to vote for at that moment. So I wanted to clear my vote.
That was the reason why it wasn't up to date anymore, I was more suspicious of other people. But my vote was still there, it didn't really fit anymore with the position I was back then
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:10 am

Post by iamausername »

RedCoyote wrote:I applaud [Gorrad] for not attempting to place every one of nocase's posts in a negative light
RedCoyote, I applaud you for successfully rerouting the orbit of Jupiter to prevent a catastrophic collision with the Moon.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Xalxe »

iamausername, that doesn't really help anything. Could you please explain it?

Also, along this new theme we've got, I applaud Dutch one for disagreeing with the current wagon.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:33 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I do what I can.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:54 am

UNLYNCHABLE PGO

Korlash

TOWN

DrippingGoofball (mason fakeclaim town-tell)
InHim (town self-read town-tell)
SpyreX (every word he posts town-tell)
Runner (post restriction nagging town-tell)
nocase (reckless ridiculousness town-tell)
Jerbs (hive-kicking NOob town-tell)
Xalxe (VLA questionable-tell, with lack of DGB-fear town-tell)
farside (hasn't found me scum yet questionable-tell, scum-hunting town-tell, bothering to meta only to change own mind town-tell)
werewolf555 (hasn't posted yet for fear of early-game mental meltdown questionable-tell, has no shame with ridiculous posts town-tell)

OUTLOOK: BRIGHTENING

Chevre (blinding us all with Shakespearian English scum-tell, spreading worthless suspicion scum-tell, asking pointless questions scum-tell, reptilian mind scum-tell, vanilla claim not compatible with evil scum, may be behaviorally unique townie)
Dutch one (dog ate homework scum-tell, with a side of nO0b DGB-hate questionable-tell, gets everything consistently and completely wrong town-tell)

OUTLOOK: DARKENING

Antihero (taking Korlash literally questionable-tell, gut town-tell, under-the-radar questionable-tell)
Katsuki (Katsuki is Katsuki scum-tell amply compensated by judicious use of exclamation point town-tell, riding on coat tails questionable-tell, under-the-radar questionable-tell, replacement requested)
iamausername (bus'ing Antihero in late RVS questionable-tell, tunneling on Xalxe to escape controvery perhaps, and to appear falsely consistent?)

5!<u/\/\z

Red Coyote (IIoA questionable-tell, has not found scum yet questionable-tell, rudderless "scumhunting" )
Seraphim (Seems to know that Gorrad is town questionable-tell, but maybe Gorrad is scum town-tell, scum role PM scum-tell)
curiouskarmadog ("
Hello, I am scum
" scum-tell)
Cyberbob (heckling from peanut gallery scum-tell, kicked puppy scum-tell)
Gorrad (buying DGB chocolates questionabletell, but Seraphimscum seems to know Gorrad is town counter-tell, however has posted nothing but fluff scum-tell)
Kmd4390 (hasn't posted because working on fakeclaim scum-tell, mega-lurking, bizarre contribution
based on first 7 pages,
WITH VOTE
, scummy as all hell) - needs a good lynching.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Gorrad »

Wow, people actually read that whole thing? My work feels validated : D
Farside-
1. The admission wasn't pointless, the fake PR was.
2. Because I don't think he was reaction-testing. I think he was trying to gather a bandwagon on me based on nothing. Any time nocase says he's looking for reactions, I think he's either wasn't and is just trying to make it seem like what he was doing had a point, or if he was it was completely ineffectual.

RedCoyote-
A prime example of his defensiveness is when he revotes me as soon as I put pressure on him, and how the most he's said in a given post was defending against my WoT. He's using votes as a means of detering the attack. Short posts aren't always bad, but his are as he's using them to just make a short comment that applies to the situation but isn't helpful (see the post of his after yours). He's willing to stir the pot, but he doesn't do anything like, say, Korlash (huge post to combat SpyreX's generally considered good case) or DGB (Random amounts of extreme pressure). HE just softly pokes around with no stated reasoning. He leaves his options open by stating that he's willing to lynch almost half the gorram town.

Nocase-
I've studied enough psychology to know that intuition is far less reliable when reading text than when in person. Relying on it to the point you do it folly.
Xalxe wrote:iamausername, that doesn't really help anything. Could you please explain it?
I lol'd
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Chevre »

nocase, what are some examples of reactions, and what would such reactions indicate?

Katsuki, I'm really confused as to why you replace out of this game because you can't keep up or catch up, and then you replace into another game, where you automatically have to catch up. That may have no pertinence to the game, however.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Korlash »

yeah I don't like that topic. I could probably run through four hypothetical scenarios for the replacment thing that all mean something different and are all as provable and believable as the rest. It's a waste of time to talk too much on it or actually attempt to make it mean anything.

Guess that means it's a waste of time to make an entire post devoted to it... oh quick, quick... uhhhh... So how about that replacement? ahh damnit! *facedesk*
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Chevre wrote:...why you replace out of this game because you can't keep up or catch up, and then you replace into another game, where you automatically have to catch up.
QT infighting?

nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by nocase »

au contraire
, further evidence that chevre is a townie who's been poking around on her own.
fos: katsuki.

@chevre
, i would rather not waste my time justifying to you something that i do habitually.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:48 pm

Post by Antihero »

DGB wrote:Antihero (taking Korlash literally questionable-tell, gut town-tell, under-the-radar questionable-tell)
Not my fault you're brushing me off.

BTW, werewolf has been posting in other games and not this one. Check it out.

Also, look at posts 14 and 15 in his ISO. He poo-poos nocase for going for the "easier lynch" and then turns around and votes Gorrad without really that great of reasoning (without...much at all, really). Actually, looking through his ISO, he does a pretty good job of staying on big wagons and agreeing popular opinion.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: werewolf555
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I don't have the time and energy to devote to Kor short of we'll see what comes out of the wash from this and it looks like this is going to be one of those awesome games that all the fun and energy gets sucked out of real quick. Huzzah.
I don't like nocase's first post. Stating the post restriction, but no vote or anything. Just focusing on his own role. Cyber's first reaction is probably null, but first instinct gives me bad vibes. However, the vote coming after Antihero's catch and Spy's vote worries me. Antihero's reaction makes sense as town realizing that post restrictions shouldn't exist. Spy is probably scum for laying a vote. I think townSpy would sit back and think, "wait a minute. What is this guy doing?" before just laying the vote.
Nope. Not for pressure and I still dont like it. (Needless to say, one of the 'obvious' things I've been talking about is the simple fact that one of chamber/inHim being scum would sure point at the other).

I don't see the lul, reactions for it AND before inHim pulled HIS part of that stunt I would have been all over it. As it sits, it can be dealt with and while THAT irritates me I do like both of their plays thus far.

How the hell that makes for me scum we can roll with later so.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:40 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, I just got home and have a little while before I have to get ready for work. Rather than sleeping, I'm going to spend that time on mafiascum. Not sure what kind of access I'll have at the hotel Monday night (probably none), so I'd like to be caught up before then.

---------------------

Where was I. Page 8. Yes. Sera's and Antihero's "pooflinging" thing has no good points either way. Neither player looks scummy in that exchange. The first thing to catch my interest in tonight's read is something that was said by Chevre. She claims that anything out of the ordinary is scummy. As wrong as that is, the mere assumption is the least of my worries in that statement. I'm more concerned with the fact that Chevre has that belief, yet went out of her way to keep an open mind with Nocase. Lemme get the quotes, because I feel like this could turn into "No, prove that that was said" and I won't be able to find it again:
Chevre wrote:I have no idea how many games I played here, but I can't say I've kept track of how what they did at the beginning of the game relates to their faction. I don't know if that's a common practice or not, but I do not do it. However,
I do know that anything that seems out-of-the-ordinary or not seeming to benefit the town is scummy
I've tried to think of how nocase's lie could be helpful, but I cannot.
If you can recommend such a way that it could assist the town, then please do share. With your previous statement, you are bordering along the lines of "The scumtells at the start of games are measurably less valuable than those later on in the game." I surely hope that is not what you're intending, nor do I think you are.
(Bold shows Chevre's belief about out of the ordinary meaning scummy, italics along with previous posts shows open mindedness about nocase)

-----------------------

Farside, you mention that you've never seen scum do anything moronic or crazy Day 1 and get lynched. What about Xtoxm in a game YOU MODDED? For those not familiar with Futurama Mafia, Porochaz joke voted Xtoxm and called him out as SK. Xtoxm, who actually was SK, said that Prozac must have been a Scum Daytime Rolecop, claimed SK, and vowed to act as a town vig. Xtoxm was lynched as SK Day 1.

--------------------

I don't like Spy overblowing Gorrad's "Gorradscum can hang later" thing. Sure, Spy doesn't call obvscum and ask for a lynch. But the way he draws attention to it and even directs it at a player who might make something of it (DGB) is pretty bad. However, for this to be a tell against Spy, DGB would probably have to be town. But this game fits DGB's scum meta better than Cinderella's slipper fits on her foot. What a pickle we've got here.

------------------

RedCoyote is town. Hmm. Scum team may be/include DGB/Spy/Iam/CKD. If it is, we have some serious veteran players to worry about here. Nothing specific caught my attention to realize this. I was just thinking about it while reading and figured I'd say something. 205 by Jerbs catches my attention. He comes in to say he's posting one thing "from memory" and then that he'll be back later. Looks like he skimmed quickly, not planning to post, but felt a strong urge to say the one thing to Dutch. I'm trying to determine what this means. Either way, Jerbs and Dutch are definitely not scum together because Jerbs REALLY wanted Dutch to see that post. 208 by Iam is definitely reassuring.
Farside wrote:cyber:post 51 welcome to my scum list. Really Gorrad votes himself and your confused? Seriously?
Why not call Spy on this? Also, in the same post, why build up all those points on Cyber, hardly mention Sera, then vote Sera?
Hmm...

-----------------

Cyberbob is town (211/212). Damn, forgot Inhim when I made my possible vetscum list above. I've got my eye on werewolf after the post where he says not scumhunting much is ok as long as you don't use too many one liners or whatever he said. Then the Sera vote after that is pretty bad (also a one liner lol).

-----------------

My mind stopped working. I'm through Page 11. Gotta get in the shower in 20 minutes anyway, so I guess that was semi-productive......
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:44 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 11

"In the land of the pig, the butcher is king"
- Meatloaf, Bat out of Hell III.

Gorrad
- 6 - SpyreX, DrippingGoofball, RedCoyote, nocase, werewolf555, inHimshallibe
Chevre
- 4 - Seraphim, Jerbs, Katsuki, Xalxe
werewolf555
- 2 - Antihero, Chevre
curiouskarmadog
- 1 - farside22
Jerbs
- 1 - Dutch one
nocase
- 1 - Gorrad
Dutch one
- 1 - curiouskarmadog
SpyreX
- 1 - Korlash
Xalxe
- 1 - iamausername
DrippingGoofball
- 1 - Kmd4390

Players not voting: Runner, Dutch one, Cyberbob

Prodding
:
- Runner (Requested Replacement)
- curiouskarmadog (V/LA - should be back today)
- Katsuki (PokerFace replaces? - We'll know tomorrow)
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:03 am

Post by iamausername »

Xalxe wrote:iamausername, that doesn't really help anything. Could you please explain it?
I quoted a post where RedCoyote applauded Gorrad for not attempting to place every one of nocase's posts in a negative light, and congratulated RedCoyote for something that he did not actually do. Is it really that difficult to find the hidden meaning in that comment?
iamausername wrote:This is bad. All of these people should probably pick one of Chevre and Gorrad, or do a much better job of pushing their current vote, realise that still nobody cares, and then pick one of Chevre and Gorrad.
WELL HOW ABOUT THAT

Unvote

VOTE: Gorrad
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:29 am

Post by farside22 »

KMD wrote:Farside, you mention that you've never seen scum do anything moronic or crazy Day 1 and get lynched. What about Xtoxm in a game YOU MODDED? For those not familiar with Futurama Mafia, Porochaz joke voted Xtoxm and called him out as SK. Xtoxm, who actually was SK, said that Prozac must have been a Scum Daytime Rolecop, claimed SK, and vowed to act as a town vig. Xtoxm was lynched as SK Day 1.
bahahahahah. God I forgot about that. That was paranoid scum idiocy. Completely different then someone doing something to draw attention. Wouldn't you say?
KMD wrote: Why not call Spy on this? Also, in the same post, why build up all those points on Cyber, hardly mention Sera, then vote Sera?
Hmm...
You need to catch up.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:33 am

Kmd4390 wrote:Scum team may be/include
DGB/Spy/Iam/CKD
. If it is, we have
some serious veteran players
to worry about here. Nothing specific caught my attention to realize this.
Kmd4390 wrote:[...]Damn, forgot
Inhim
when I made my possible vetscum list above.
This sounds like scum wanting to be rid of the players most likely to catch him and his scumpals.
Farside wrote:Why not call Spy on this? Also, in the same post, why build up all those points on Cyber, hardly mention Sera, then vote Sera?
Hmm...
But, you know, farside is town, there is no way that she metas me once, to find me scum, and once again, to find me town. This is not a scum thought process at all - she would want to find me scum, and she'd stop right there with that one conclusion. This post from KMD is a blend of buddying up to a townie (farside), to push that townie to go against SpyreX, and cast suspicion on her opinion of Cyber vs. Sera (Sera has to be KMD's scumpal???).
Kmd4390 wrote:I've got my eye on werewolf after the post where he says not scumhunting much is ok as long as you don't use too many one liners or whatever he said. Then the Sera vote after that is pretty bad (also a one liner lol).
werewolf a possible KMD scumbuddy? Maybe. Not sure.
Kmd4390 wrote:My mind stopped working. I'm through Page 11. Gotta get in the shower in 20 minutes anyway, so I guess that was semi-productive......
Translation:
I'm sorry I'm scum, my wincon requires me to lie and it's exhausting because I'm a nice guy.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:35 am

VOTE: KMD

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:48 am

Post by farside22 »

@DGB: I looked into KMD's post elsewhere and he doesn't seem to be posting much. He may be out of town, he may lie, but I've never known him to not post in all games without reason. I'm still wondering why he never checked into this game till he got a prod. And why he voted for you before he finished his read through.
The fact he voting based on meta is lazy.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:51 am

Post by Xalxe »

DGB, I appreciate and concur with your sentiments. But really, can we put a vote on somebody who is capable of getting lynched today?

PS: This goes for all of you "oh, I see the great wagons going on but I'm going to Vote: Random because I hate them." That's not conducive to the town's wincon.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:13 am

Xalxe wrote:DGB, I appreciate and concur with your sentiments. But really, can we put a vote on somebody who is capable of getting lynched today?
I'm willing to head back to Gorrad if need be, but we need moar KMD voats.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”