Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Furcolow »

Sort of an embarrassing game for me, I really don't want to link to it.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:27 am

Post by gonnano »

@ Mod: I think I should be listed as not voting

@ PoisonIvy
see post 173.
BOTS wrote:Scum post: 1. unvotes (inexplicably); 2. smears Furcolow; and 3. doesn't vote Furcolow?! . If PI is still scummy, but Furculow is rising, why not vote him? I don't like the unvote for obvious reasons, as PI isn't really in danger of being lynched soonish, so why the bail? Possible PI scum buddy here.
If you read the section immediately following my unvote, and the later post where I explain it some more, maybe it will seem less inexplicable to you. The reason that I initially voted for PI but haven't voted Furcolow is that most of the things I've seen from him are anti-town, whereas PI's posts seem scummy. Anti-town is bad, but it takes a whole lot of anti-townness to deserve a vote.
BOTS wrote:gonnano - what do you think of Artem?
Nothing's really jumped out at me so far... He's asked some good questions IMO, but that's about it.
Furcolow wrote:im perfectly fine with a davidparker lynch
ive been saying that all game
Another gem from Furcolow. This is getting old pretty quickly. Why don't you try to figure out who the scum are instead of trying to lynch anyone who isn't you?

I think this is the game that you're looking for, Artem
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Furcolow »

I'm not ok lynching "anyone who isn't me"
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:19 am

Post by Sathoris »

Beasts of the Sea wrote:
Sathoris wrote:
Unvote
random day one vote.
Why did you feel the need to quantify your unvote as it being a random vote? This is just strange to me.
Why did you feel the need to bring up something trivial?
Beasts of the Sea wrote:Furcolow is obv town in my eyes
Oh well if you say so... Anything more on that?
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:45 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Forgot to say: hello to everyone I have played with before. There's quite a few familiar faces here.

Anyways, I skimmed the first page or two and the last page or two.

Vote: GhostWriter

Not liking him defending Rat (very heavily, too). And I also don't like that we're almost 10 pages in and he doesn't even have a vote down. Aside from defending Rat, his ISO consists of IoA and questions that go nowhere. Do not like.

Haven't really looked into a PI lynch, tbh. I should probably do that.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by smargaret »

Furc: Quoting a game for meta and then refusing to link to said game is scummy. What, we're all supposed to take you at your word? And Ivy has wall-posted a couple of times now; how does that change your read of her?

Ivy: That wall post was bad, just bad, but other people have beaten me to the reasons I disliked it, so I'm not going to restate why. The only reason I'm not voting you is that I'm not comfortable with the vote count that high at this point in the game.

Artem: Your 199 looks like you're inflating the length of your post. Why include the four possibilities? Presumably everyone here has played enough mafia that they don't need that spelled out for them.

Nacho: I'm still waiting to hear why ThAd is scum.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

My lack of placing a vote is due to the fact that both the lead wagons are on two players who are clearly VI's.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Why can't you place a vote that's not on one of those wagons?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

The vast majority of those people, town or scum, are using the same reasons to be on it. Since both are VI's, there are numerous ways to get onto the wagons without looking scummy. I've been spending the majority of this game trying to find who the scum are on both wagons. No doubt, most of, if not all, of the scum are on one wagon or the other by now.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

GhostWriter wrote:Mudslinging? He posted decent reasons to get off the wagon and vote you. Both times. You only give a damn because you're the second largest wagon and you're trying not to die, regardless of your ATE statements claiming otherwise.
I just don't get what is wrong about wanting to not die.
Would you like to die?
Beasts of the Sea wrote:
gonnano wrote:UNVOTE:

I'm having second thoughts about the PI wagon -- it's taken off a little too quickly for my tastes. I still think PI seems scummy, but in the past my scum reads have been pretty terrible, so I'm going to play this one by the numbers.

Furcolow is steadily becoming more and more scummy to me: the "meta" appraisal of PI, the whole RQS deal... and this.
furcolow wrote:I am going to put my vote on the first alphabetically to have not posted.
What?! It's WAY too early in the game to say who's a lurker and who just had a busy couple of days IRL. You're just trying to substitute a policy vote for actual scumhunting.
Scum post: 1. unvotes (inexplicably); 2. smears Furcolow; and 3. doesn't vote Furcolow?! . If PI is still scummy, but Furculow is rising, why not vote him? I don't like the unvote for obvious reasons, as PI isn't really in danger of being lynched soonish, so why the bail? Possible PI scum buddy here.
Good analysis.
I think goanna is a good person to look at tomorrow.

Beasts of the Sea wrote:
pappums rat wrote:
unvote
vote furcolow

i agree that his 3rd question would be more informative to scum than town, and his comment about day talking scum is bad.
This vote is terrible. Did you not think of this when you were answering the questions the first time through or is this just a bad bandwagon vote?
This is also a good pick up.

You are looking pretty good in my eyes BotS.

InflatablePie wrote:
Vote: GhostWriter

Not liking him defending Rat (very heavily, too). And I also don't like that we're almost 10 pages in and he doesn't even have a vote down. Aside from defending Rat, his ISO consists of IoA and questions that go nowhere. Do not like.
First of all: whatsup IPman.

Second of all: srsly? Ghostwriter hasn't voted anyone. That is bad.
GhostWriter wrote:My lack of placing a vote is due to the fact that both the lead wagons are on two players who are clearly VI's.
That does not excuse you from not voting anyone at all. You haven't even said you are
suspicious
of anyone yet.

vote: ghostwriter
Don't ask me to provide self meta
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

You've asked one question towards another player, got on fur's case about his attack on Rat, and spent the rest of your posts talking about... pretty much nothing important. So any scumhunting you're doing, you're not mentioning, which is not helping the town in the slightest.

Methinks you're scum that's just waiting for a better wagon to build up before jumping on. Possibly with Ivy and/or Rat, although I can't say anything for sure right now.

PEdit: ohai Thad. You're scum again, aren't you?

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Also, for the other non-voters, jmj has not posted since Monday and gonnano is at least giving suspicions.

@gonnano: why no vote?

smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by smargaret »

GW: How, precisely, have you been trying to determine which players on the Ivy/Furc wagons are scum? What about the players on the ThAd wagon? And what prevents the RNG from assigning a scum role to a VI? Furthermore, the fact that you are trying to find scum on the wagon does not prevent you from laying down a vote - in fact, it should encourage it.

Most players are on one of those three wagons, so saying that there is scum on those wagons is a safe bet - even if one of the wagonees is scum.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: GW
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Oh, yes, I'm scum who someone avoided both wagons, hasn't voted anyone, and has effectively done nothing visible to anyone else. Because that makes complete and utter sense. After all, it's not like either of these wagons have a decent chance of going through to a lynch, right? Oh, and save the WIFOM bullshit defense anyone tries to play. This is common sense. It'd be the dumbest thing to do as scum. And I'm not a dumb player.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by bvoigt »

GW is being silly, but I don't think he's scum.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Although I can see myself saying that as town, GW, I'm sticking with my gut and previous reasons for suspicion, plus the fact that defense's pure WIFOM, even if you "inb4"d it.

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

InflatablePie wrote:PEdit: ohai Thad. You're scum again, aren't you?
No, not this time.
You?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by EGL »

PoisonIvy wrote: 3.) Having played a cold war game on golivewire, im going to guess that a) its USA vs. Soviets/Russians. And there is a miller in our midts. FYI its not me.
@PoisonIvy, I clearly read your post. You did say Americans(USA) vs. Soviets/Russians.

Anyway I'm going to
unvote
for now and
vote: ThaDmiral
. Apologies if the casing is wrong there. I didn't really like his reasoning on the Furc daytalking scum situation. I think it was a stretch since the information was apparently available to everybody per a post by the mod.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

ThAdmiral wrote:
InflatablePie wrote:PEdit: ohai Thad. You're scum again, aren't you?
No, not this time.
You?
Oh damn, you caught me. Curse your excellent questioning skills. I coulda sworn you posted in the QT, though. Something like, "hey, let's make sure to vote together on D1". You sure you're not scum? Maybe you clicked the wrong game PM.

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by XScorpion »

pi wrote:(FYI you ask for clarification and nothing you have tried to twist is exactly THAT complex
I have a whole post full of "please explain this" and you're just going to ignore it? Do you even care about being useful?
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Alright I'm back but am in no condition to start reading. Expect something within 24 hours.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Furcolow wrote:
pappums rat wrote:poisonivy-i didnt mean prodded by the mod, i meant prodded into doing a wall post by furcolow. sorry for the confusion.

unvote
vote furcolow

do you even suspect poisonivy? that seems like a total omgus vote by furcolow, or maybe just 'to save his own skin' as he said earlier. in any case, he is more anti-town than pi, and when he did his 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzz' post instead of defending himself i knew we were not going to get anything useful out of him.
Furcolow wrote:i don't see how i have any suspicions i need to quell
if you have a problem with me reading... or typing... by all means
let me know the problem you have with me or with my play
and i will attempt to adjust it if necessary
respond to this, please, PR.
all the questions i wanted answered were asked by other players, and you dodged them all. i am not going to play this game, furc.
Furcolow wrote:Unvoting in and of itself is deterring the wagon. It was at L-2, now it is at L-3, and he is mudslinging on the 2nd most wagon while jumping on it. How is that not deterring? Every aspect of it SCREAMS deterring/buddying/scumteam to me.

If you don't hold stock in associative tells, that's fine, put me at L-8 or L-7 or whatever. I really don't mind dying in this game whatsoever, as the tone has been majorly snooty, my role is questionable, and I am from a country I don't want to be from.
lol thats quite a stretch there furc. if you will recall, i was voting you first and then i went over to pi after lmp's point and the fact that she put up a wall post after you had said she was sus for not having done so. then your omgus vote on pi made me change my mind back over to you.
artem wrote:

From my point of view, there are four options:
1. PI is town, you're town;
2. PI is town, you're scum;
3. PI is scum, you're town;
4. PI is scum, you're scum.
the last time i saw someone do this they turned out to be scum. im not sayin', im just sayin'...
bots wrote:
pappums rat wrote:

pappums rat wrote:
unvote
vote furcolow

i agree that his 3rd question would be more informative to scum than town, and his comment about day talking scum is bad.
This vote is terrible. Did you not think of this when you were answering the questions the first time through or is this just a bad bandwagon vote?
yeah, i had not thought of this when i answered the questions the first time. i almost thanked llamafluff for pointing this out, but i didnt want to sound like an idiot.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Post by Furcolow »

na, you wouldn't ever sound like an idiot
and i am right here, ready to answer any question
i don't see how i am dodging anything important
if you feel smargaret is important, i guess we aren't on the same page, as i don't cater to scum
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by Artem »

smargaret wrote: Artem: Your 199 looks like you're inflating the length of your post. Why include the four possibilities? Presumably everyone here has played enough mafia that they don't need that spelled out for them.
Because the first time I asked Beasts about bringing up bussing, he tells me that it doesn't make any sense for me to not think that he's bussing. ("Well, you said I was suspicious for the way I joined the wagon that you are also on; so do you think I am bussing my partner PoisonIvy? Otherwise it doesn't make any sense.")

So, I thought I'd spell it out...
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:38 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

I can tell this is going to be a frustrating game.

Good wagons: jmj, rat, gonno with a remainder of Thad
Bad wagons: people who are being wagoned.

New scummiest quote in the game award goes to this gem:
pappums rat wrote:the last time i saw someone do this they turned out to be scum. im not sayin', im just sayin'...
I dont really love a Thad wagon, but its a perfectly acceptable spot to throw up a wagon, especially compared to PI and GW ones which I think are both on town. Jmj, rat or gonno I would be estatic if wagons showed up on right now.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”