Snap
Snap
Townie
Snap
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:37 am

Post by Snap »

Last night, going on the theory that scum will vote for their own scummates if it looks like they're going to be lynched, I roleblocked the third last person to vote for LyingBrian, Sotty7. Now the situation I see is that either he's scum and I stopped him killing, or the Doctor protected the right person, or someone else has some sort of Night protection. Obviously, it would be a bad idea for the Doc to roleclaim at this early stage, so that's out. My suggestion for the moment would be for the cop to check out Sotty7 tonight, and we hope someone slips up today.

Also, I'm going to be away from a pc from now until Wednesday evening or Thursday morning UK time. I don't know if this will make anyone want to change their mayoral vote, so I'm giving you all a heads up on it.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:10 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

FOS Iammars
for post 116.

First of all, you can't spell. Secondly, claiming this early in the game on nonsense reasons (even the "cop" now thinks he's paranoid) only benefits the scum.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:45 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Snap wrote:Last night, going on the theory that scum will vote for their own scummates if it looks like they're going to be lynched, I roleblocked the third last person to vote for LyingBrian, Sotty7. Now the situation I see is that either he's scum and I stopped him killing, or the Doctor protected the right person, or someone else has some sort of Night protection. Obviously, it would be a bad idea for the Doc to roleclaim at this early stage, so that's out. My suggestion for the moment would be for the cop to check out Sotty7 tonight, and we hope someone slips up today.
Geez great, it doesn't look good for me now. I'm more than happy to let the cop check me but it's now looking like he's paranoid, or insane or something so I'm not sure if that's such a good idea. Do people want me to claim now? I have no problem with that.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:06 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

No Sotty, don't claim.

Vote: Dragon Phoenix
. I reckon he should be our lynch today.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:00 am

Post by Quailman »

I agree. Just because a cop gets two guilty results the first two nights doesn't mean he's insane or paranoid. He could very well be lucky, and the best way to test that is to lynch one of his targets. That is, of course, so long as you don't have anything better to go on, and we don't.

vote: Dragon Phoenix
and
FOS: Sotty
, for his assumption that he would be found guilty.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:35 am

Post by Iammars »

Whoa buddy.
Unvote

Let's let him claim. We might want to lynch the other target if DP is a very important power role.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Quidgyboo
Quidgyboo
Townie
Quidgyboo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:23 pm

Post by Quidgyboo »

Wait wait, do we even have a Mayor yet? These votes mean nothing until then.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

We had seven votes for Snap as mayor, and that's how many we needed yesterday, so I would guess it's enough today with one less person. And last time, votes to lynch DID count before Pinky posted the official mayor election.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:27 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Well, great job.

I am Woodstock, I have a tracker role. So far no telling results, unfortunately.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Hmm...

~ponders DP's claim~
Iammars wrote:Whoa buddy.
Unvote

Let's let him claim. We might want to lynch the other target if DP is a very important power role.
What "other target"?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:40 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Pickle, Boy Wonder wrote:Well, I have decided not sure how stupid this is, that I should come out. I am Charlie Brown and I am the cop and Night 1 I got that DP was guilty, Night 2 I got that
Quidgyboo
was guilty. Doc please protect me!
I believe he means this target
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:42 am

Post by Iammars »

Sotty7 wrote:
Pickle, Boy Wonder wrote:Well, I have decided not sure how stupid this is, that I should come out. I am Charlie Brown and I am the cop and Night 1 I got that DP was guilty, Night 2 I got that
Quidgyboo
was guilty. Doc please protect me!
I believe he means this target
I'm sarnath'd.
Thanks Sotty7.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Pickle, Boy Wonder
Pickle, Boy Wonder
Townie
Pickle, Boy Wonder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:37 am

Post by Pickle, Boy Wonder »

What we could do is have me investigate myself (can I do that mod?) If I get innocent then we know those guys are scumbags. If I get guilty either I'm paranoid and we don't have a clue or I'm insane and we have two confirmed innocents.
In the meantime can we have a post from the mod please,
vote count and mayoral election count?
Pickle Boy Wonder saves the day again!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:44 am

Post by Sotty7 »

That's all well and good, but what do you suggest we do for todays lynch? Plus if you do that, wouldn't the scum just kill you to prevent you from letting us know what kinda cop you are?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:33 am

Post by Quailman »

Any time I've heard of someone wanting to try that (It came up in an all-cop game), the mod said of course you'd get innocent.

Right now we've got a cop with two scum results. There is always the concern that he's paranoid, but I'd guess the chances are better that he's sane. That leaves us with the best option IMO of lynching on of the targets today. If the cop wants to verify his sanity, and he suspects Sotty of being scum also, then Sotty shouldn't be the test of his sanity. OTOH, if we lynch one of his targets and find scum, then the chances improve that he's sane and we can trust his results.

If we don't lynch DP or Quidgyboo, then Sotty, who was blocked, would make an excellent choice.

I will be offline at boy scout camp from the 26th through the 31st.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:22 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Quailman wrote:
Right now we've got a cop with two scum results. There is always the concern that he's paranoid, but I'd guess the chances are better that he's sane. That leaves us with the best option IMO of lynching on of the targets today. If the cop wants to verify his sanity, and he suspects Sotty of being scum also, then Sotty shouldn't be the test of his sanity. OTOH, if we lynch one of his targets and find scum, then the chances improve that he's sane and we can trust his results.

If we don't lynch DP or Quidgyboo, then Sotty, who was blocked, would make an excellent choice.
This was pretty much my thinking and seeing as DP claimed tracker and I don't want to lynch myself

Vote: Quidgyboo
Pickle, Boy Wonder
Pickle, Boy Wonder
Townie
Pickle, Boy Wonder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:13 pm

Post by Pickle, Boy Wonder »

Where the heck are d_rouge and quailman?!?! I feel like there are 6 or so people playing at this point.
What is a tracker? I have no clue.
Other than that I think we should perhaps let Quidgyboo claim?
I withhold my vote until he claims or if he refuses to.
That is all.
Pickle Boy Wonder saves the day again!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:08 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

A tracker follows people at night. If he picks player A, he might get a result that player A visited player B. All that tells the tracker is that player A has a nightchoice and that he excercised it on B. A might be a doc, roleblocker, scum, SK, etc etc.

But if B turns up dead in the morning, then the tracker will have a fairly good idea that A might have been the one who killed him. See further Information Roles.
Quailman wrote:Right now we've got a cop with two scum results. There is always the concern that he's paranoid, but I'd guess the chances are better that he's sane. That leaves us with the best option IMO of lynching on of the targets today. If the cop wants to verify his sanity, and he suspects Sotty of being scum also, then Sotty shouldn't be the test of his sanity. OTOH, if we lynch one of his targets and find scum, then the chances improve that he's sane and we can trust his results.

Some good points here. Since Quidgyboo has been fingered by a claimed cop, and was acting suspiciously yesterday, I would have thought a claim was in order.
Quidgyboo
Quidgyboo
Townie
Quidgyboo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:35 pm

Post by Quidgyboo »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:Well, great job.

I am Woodstock, I have a tracker role. So far no telling results, unfortunately.
Vote Dragon Phoenix

You lie. I am Woodstock, and my role is actually as a hider. Last night I hid in Snaps house, and I am thinking that is why there was no death.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:37 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Yay! Another scum caught.

Confirm Vote: Dragon Phoenix
Quidgyboo
Quidgyboo
Townie
Quidgyboo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:05 am

Post by Quidgyboo »

So what does this make Pickle? Paranoid, or scum playing a gambit?
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:25 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

My compliments to Quidgyboo. You did not dare risk a fake claim with a less well-known character, so you simply counterclaimed my role. That buys you one day and gets a potentially dangerous tracker out of the way - because I don't see the town calling your bluff (although... really, what are the chances that I faked the claim of exactly the only other player fingered by a cop???). Well, you die tomorrow.

Vote Quidgyboo
Quidgyboo
Quidgyboo
Townie
Quidgyboo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:17 am

Post by Quidgyboo »

Heh whichever of us die today, the town will know which is lying. They just get to decide who to believe. Just sucks that you happened to choose then role I had, though I am glad I waited to claim now.
Pinky
Pinky
Goon
Pinky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:54 am

Post by Pinky »

Mayoral Vote Count

Snap - 7 (Quidgyboo, elvis_knits, Mr Stoofer ,Dragon Phoenix, Pickle, boy wonder, Iammars, sotty7)

Snap, you are now mayor therefore your votes count as double.
"A genius is a talented person who does his homework" - Thomas Edison
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

If DP is telling the truth, we just lynch Quidgyboo tomorrow. Seems like a good plan to me.

vote: Dragon Pheonix

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”