MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:43 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In a nod to Chronopie's opening - Greetings to everyone I know and have played with before (which is everyone but Dutch One )...

Hello Dutch One. Sorry you are the odd man out. You can be in the "I've played with you greetings" next time.

On a totally off-topic note - The TimeDevourer greets us as the first pic in the thread? Sweet!

I'm going to skip the usual pointless, lightheared vote for someone for some fabricated non-reason and go straight to a real vote

VOTE: Vezok

You know why.

@Iec
- So you were going to RVS Fate, saw he had 2 votes, and then RVSed him anyway? Ok.

@Starbuck
- What schenanigans are you playing at? Unless your account has been stolen / hacked I know for a fact you know exactly what a Daykill is since you used one in Supernatural Mafia.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:42 am

Starbuck wrote:I know what a dayKILL is, but not what a dayKIIL is. So I was asking for an explanation to an obvious joke.

Why so serious?
Because on my phone it’s hard to distinguish between I’s and L’s so I didn’t see the typo …

Doh

--
Iec wrote:I just realized that I messed up my breadcrumb a little.
Why on earth would you bother bringing attention to that?

--
Vezok wrote:Should we go like we did in SE3?
Where you lived a lot longer than you should have as Scum? No thanks ..

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:13 am

Hmmm ... Fate so casually ignores a budding Vezok wagon ....

Interesting ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #59 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:36 am

Prana wrote:Unvote
vote:MagnaofIllusion

Well that was easy.
It is indeed. I almost can’t believe you jumped onto a horrible wagon so obviously.

Almost

UNVOTE: Vezok

VOTE: Prana
--
DTMaster wrote:You better have a meta argument to back up your recent claim. What's so interesting about Fate ignoring Vezok (other then I would have preferred the day kill on that man)?
Read Fate’s post game series of rants in the recently ended Objection Mafia Redux.
Then read [REDACTED].

--
Fate wrote:I have a heart, believe it or not.

...somewhere...
Is it in a small jar somewhere? And you really can’t tell me you’ve suddenly gone soft.

--
Iec wrote:DTM, please get an avatar. If you do not, I will probably be too bored to read 40% of your posts.

If you do not get one, I will assume that that is part of your strategy, play accordingly, etc.
Scumtastic. Really.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #63 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:57 am

DTM wrote:I'd say both players could be linked in some way, and I'd totally look in that direction for stuffz.
I’d really only pay it much attention if Vezok flipped scum. Which we should know soon since he is a player who absolutely NEEDS a bullet quickly.

But let’s not let that potential down the line information distract us from the obv-scum infront of us – PranaDevil.

RBT’s vote was RVS

Iec’s was self-preservation.

Fate’s was Fate.

But Prana jumping on a building bandwagon proclaiming ‘That was easy’ without even stopping to ask why Fate ignoring Vezok was worth noticing?

Scumtastic.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #65 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:15 am

Prana wrote:You mean your attempt to get attention off you by saying "hey look at Vezok!"?
The same Vezok I highlighted in my first post making a serious vote for him before you even posted your cute RVS vote? So yeah, that makes not so much sense.

And that you continue to ignore the motivation behind that post tells me all I need to know.

Die scum die.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #121 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:51 am

RBT wrote:OHAY, CHECK THIS OUT

CLAIM:Miller

Just so y'all know.
Check this out – why didn’t you claim in your first post as opposed to now?

Yes I know KDub also asked but this way you have to see one of them.

--
Zodiark wrote:If Iec confirms that the two of your are lovers, I would say the two of them are confirmed town. Either that or are scum together.
Have you ever played with Fate before? Serious question.

--

@Iec
– Why in 73 did you continue to harp on the avatar angle and ignore actual relevant game events? Why did you ignore the Prana case?

--
DTM wrote:I will list:
Snipped list
Reboot Mafia. All of these are games we were in together.
I don’t disagree with the point you are making but why include Reboot Mafia on that list. You replaced in and were killed before you even made a content post. Hardly worth mentioning as to a game Iec should be relying on for judgements. Especially with so many other games that appear to be valid for purposes of your argument.
DTM wrote:What do we have here, do I see some back tracking? Oh yes, how can Fate be Fate when the whole meta argument was Fate is behaving abnormally . Bringing this point up and dropping it is quote sloppy. Honestly if you did care about this, I would expect you to attack Fate/Vezok link theory while you were making the Prana case. If you place the condition that if either player (specifically Vezok) flips scum we should look closer to the other, I agree that this link is possible. I disagree that you should drop it. There's this thing called: attacking multiple people. You know, what I do.
Yes, I’m totally incapable of attacking multiple people. That’s why I’m questioning Iec’s play while voting Prana :roll:

I said nothing about Fate behaving abnormally. Don’t put words in my mouth. I said that it was interesting that he chose to ignore Vezok’s baby wagon. Based on whatever Vezok flips there may be useful information there. Nothing more, nothing less. Certainly that post is not inherently scummy as the relational inferences are dependant on an unknown flip.
DTM wrote: 2. I wouldn't consider 4 votes a wagon. Fate and Ice together aren't quad voters pulling out all the stops man. I find it odd that you focus on Prana who attacked you rather then look at the Fate wagon likewise.
Nice attempt to move away the discussion from reality. The point is not that the wagon is full on with tons of votes. The case is that Prana was very quick to make a serious vote based on nothing at all. Why should I be looking at Fate’s ‘wagon’ when it contained 100% RVS votes? There’s a clear differentiation that I don’t understand you ignoring.

Also, are you trying to allude that I’m OMGUSing Prana? If so is that a scum tell?
DTM wrote:Fate I disagree with because of above. How can you both argue Fate is acting like Fate when your meta argument is a point that goes AGAINST THAT.
Bzzzt. Fate is being Fate because he’s voting for me based on past history, IMO. The ‘meta evidence’ as I explained above, is a relational tell that may bear fruit later based on Vezok’s flip.

That reminds me –

Daykill: Vezok

DTM wrote:Ice voting in self preservation is a scum argument against him actually.
Stating that self-preservation is a scummy reaction is highly overrated when Iec wasn’t even being voted. Iec is scummy for focusing solely on 'avatar-gate' and ignoring actual game events but this is very weak reasoning.
DTM wrote:Prana himself didn't OUTLINE A REASON. That I agree. Your OVERALL CASE IS FULL OF HOLES MAN. HOLES THAT SEZ YOU ARE STRETCHING THINGS LULZ. This is 3 pages in and you're already attacking people on this "4 man wagon" who so happens to be on you. Lulz. I expect a rebuttal soon but I like this MoI pressure.
Lulz yourself. The only thing you have to say is you agree with the reasoning then spend the rest of the Prana paragraph saying “YUZ IS STRETCHING”.

Is pressure early, which by definitition has to be a stretch (as is your ‘case’, BTW ), a scum-tell?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #127 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:40 am

One little bit I forgot in my last post
- Notice that Prana continues to comment on nothing happening in the game other than his own wagon / comments directly pointed at him.

--
Iec wrote:It was because votes for you didn't really strike me as odd or requiring extraordinary justification. You'd already joined DTM's "Iec is scummy for wanting DTM to get an avatar" rhetoric.

I probably should've been a little more objective, though, since it looks like he was the 4th vote, and his reasoning wasn't particularly inspiring.
You do have a history of playing in a negative-reaction manner when people suspect you, IIRC. Noted.

--
Zodiark wrote:IIRC no.
Have you ever read any of the games he as played in, especially Day 1?

--
Vezok wrote:YAY. I died day one as a vanilla townie.

Fate your gambit fails. Even I knew it was a gambit.
It’s pretty clear Zodiark either doesn’t know or is trying to pretend he doesn’t.

Since you are claiming VT please post your suspicions before Kise shows up to post the Mod scene
. I know it is early but even your gut reactions might be potentially helpful.

--
RBT wrote:Because I totally spaced it. It wasn't until I got a different PM that I remembered to check my role for this again... and remembered that I was a miller.
Reasonable. Anything else going on in the game you’d like to comment on?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #131 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:47 am

Vezok wrote:I suspect kdub and MoI. I don't have much to say.

I am so annoyed that I died again. Eh better luck next time.
So your suspects are the two people who voted you (not RVS, at least in my case) so far in the game. You have no other suspcions?

Nothing to say on the big posters today or those under suspicion (Prana / DTM / Iec)?

You confirm my faith in the reasoning I used in making the decision I did.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #158 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:58 am

Starbuck wrote:LoL at Fate claiming lovers. Gambits are fun!
Fate has reached the point where it hardly qualifies as a gambit anymore. Like Jack I expect it from him. Note to self – read Fate’s scum games and see if he fake-claims in them also.

--
Kdub wrote:Starbuck is the current leader in "most posts with zero relevance" in the game. Just saying.
So what? Is that scummy? Any scummier than simply not posting at all?

--
Vezok wrote:Why didn't I die??
Because I obviously faked the Daykill. Derp.

Did you really think I would blow a Daykill immediately out of the gate in the first 6 pages of a Large Theme game?

I wanted to see your reaction and what other people would say.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #201 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:15 am

Midnight wrote:Lots of words, lots of walls too I might add >.>, but I don't think there's much meaning in them. Like you're all floundering to get somewhere... >_0
Katsuki wrote:Because that game consisted of giant ESSAYS of text, and had far more pages. I had no hope of ever catching up, and flaking is not something I do.
Reading isn’t a hardship. If either of you don’t want to have to actually stretch yourself I’d suggest a less reading intensive hobby like Lite-Bright or Etch-A-Sketch.

--

Prana obviously needs more votes to properly ‘motivate’ him to play. Let’s get on that people.

@RBT re 176
– Dear god this is all you have to say? Facepalm …

--
Kdub wrote:Magna:
I wasn't accusing Starbuck of being scum, I was more interested to see if she had any actual thoughts on the game.
And why aren’t you interested in our other underachieving posters like bv or RBT?

--
Midnight wrote:Ehh, reading all that's been thrown-up since my last post seems too much like a lot of hot air and not enough... substance I guess the word is?
So the proper response to a lack of substantive content is to throw up fluff as you did in 193? Yeah, that contradictory.

--
DTM wrote:1. RBT's second post on DAY 1 was a MILLAR claim. I wouldn't see a reason to question that tbh since it's still a DAY 1 MILLAR claim. I don't see the reasoning to this question. Answer this after RBT's response: What was the point of that question plz? Were you trying to scum hunting RBT?
The question is part of my feeling out of RBT, in which I get a read on her. So yes, it is part of the scum hunting process.
DTM wrote: LIAR MAN. I will show you how you inferred that Fate was behaving normally.
Oh cute, Rhetoric.
DTM wrote:You were able to IMPLICITLY say that there is a link between Vezok and Fate assuming one person flips scum . You are back tracking by saying the meta link was just an observation for the sake of observation . And that's scummy since you're not scum hunting, you're just stating things for the sake of it without following through, mister "I have nothing to do with this so back off" liar.
You are trying to portray as contradictory my observation that Vezok and Fate may have a link dependant on flips with my disinclination to attack the statement on scummy on its face. It’s not. Should I know engage rhetoric and call you ‘Lying Obv-scum’?
DTM wrote:2. Self presevation is different. Of course people defend themselves. But Ice didn't defend himself from an attack. He just hopped on Fate's good side by joining in the MoI wagon. That's not a town defence. If you're saying that the vote jump was simple self presevation from Fate observing Ice, that has a stronger scum motivation in the form called buddying. A town player would pursue his views without needing that. If he does get attacked I would expect him to defend, and continue scum hunting (i.e. I'm town for XYZ, this guy is scum for ABC, not Let's settle on this guy Fate, K? K.)
Fate said ‘Hey let’s wagon Iec and MoI Reck get on it’. Iec says ‘Well I know I’m town so bandwagon away on MoI’. I don’t see it as damning in the RVS stage of the game.

I’m very curious if Iec is scummy for buddying Fate what you think of the blatant and expected Fate / Reck buddying and Vezok now buddying up to Fate.
DTM wrote:3. No, by meta you're saying that Fate should have been attacking Vezok, not you . That's the whole point of your assocation of Fate/Vezok.
Fate just called you scum because he thinks you're scum.
Emphasis added. I’m glad you know exactly why Fate did what he did.

And how would he think I’m scum? We’ve never played any game together where I was, in fact, scum. So he has no experience of meta of me as scum to draw on. In fact 100% of his experience is MoI-Town. True story. So his motivation is either a personal grudge or just general randomness.
DTM wrote:4. Lulz pressuring is not a scum tell, nice smoke screen to theory man. You just contradicted yourself in this:
I’m just trying to see where you odd thought process is coming from. I certainly haven’t contradicted myself.

I called Prana scummy for his behavior. Obviously adding ZOMG-fluff like ‘Die scum die’ to my statements is what’s called stretching.

He’s still scum. Hasn’t made that ‘catch-up post’ he talked about in his last post, which was classic scum appeasement. If he really thought I was scum he wouldn’t have responded directly to me when I called out his lack of content. Town Prana, IMO, would have said “Screw you scum”. Did he do that? Nope, he hemmed and hawed about his schedule and that he would catch-up later. Regardless how odd his schedule is there has to be some time available for him to scum-hunt.
DTM wrote:Like I said: I'm attacking you because your reasoning to disregard the other votes were weak in comparison to the Prana vote reason (You have an ok reason to attack/vote). But you know what, now you're smoke screening me with theory talk and "pressuring". That's scummy. You're hinting that your scum read is relatively weak. I read it between the lines. You're leaking your motivation in that text.
I think my response to this deep psychological bullshit is best said as such “Cool story bro!”
DTM wrote:I has an avatar nao.
Glad you stuck to your guns on the avatar issue and didn’t cave solely because DGB made you one in another thread.

Nevermind.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #204 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:39 am

I will have little access in all likelyhood this weekend. Consider me V/LA til Monday.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #251 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:48 pm

Zodiark13 wrote:Dutch One is self voting?

Unvote
Vote: Dutch One
Will do a full catchup post in the AM.

This is scumtastic on many levels.

Prana, you are getting a pass today it seems. Enjoy it Sir Scum.

UNVOTE: Prana
VOTE: Zodiark

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #955 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:29 am

Congrats Scum ... you earned it I guess.

Had I known this was a modified delayed reveal game with a scum team with 3 NKs a night I would never have signed up. Your games look fun Kise but allowing scum to eliminate that many non-VI players N1 just leads to where we got.

Fate you are right that the loss shouldn't be attributed just to you. Sheeping you and purposely not scum-hunting is lazy-ass play by Town and is a choice people make. They shouldn't be able to schuff off their responsability. That said I think it demonstrates why gambitting isn't all that useful. You claim of lie detector made no sense in context of your claim of Enabler and just confused the remaining Town after you finally died.

Prana - given you did a craptastic job of scum-hunting yourself (lol, MoI is obv scum ... oops he flipped Town) I don't think you have much room to talk at all about other players stinking.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #963 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:37 am

PranaDevil wrote:How foolish of me, I should realize that unless you play a perfect game you have to suck. Oh dear god's no!

Or perhaps after day 1 it became "the Fate show" which is exactly what happened. You either sheeped Fate or you got into a massive ridiculously fucking stupid argument with him because he would rather lie than scum hunt.

Also, by your own statement anyone who said I was scum in game cannot claim someone else stunk either (And if you argue against that, you effectively argue against your own statement, so have fun with that one).
Perfect example of why being a self-righteous prick doesn't pay. If you allow yourself to stop scum-hunting to mess around with a Fate gambit that's on you.

Your last part is also clearly wrong. Your reasoning was so bad I had to think you were scum. Now I know differently and can throw you in the pool of players who routinely make terrible arguments regardless of alignment.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #964 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:38 am

In hindsight Hated Townie Nero should have hammered Katsuki. He wouldn't thus be an albatross at LYLO and it would have removed Survivor Kats.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1004 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:28 am

ITT I find it hilarous that Katsuki is going after someone for fluffly, lurking play and is in the right.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1006 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:32 am

Kise wrote:
Role:
Enabler

Abilities:
1) You are linked to another player who has a killing ability, though you do not know who they are or what their alignment is. As long as you are alive, the identity of this player's target will be hidden upon their death.

+tracker, watch, 3-person bodyguard, 2 grave robbers and a possible bomb. This is still considered scum-favored to you?

/post 1000
It's not overwhelming Town oriented with the set-up as displayed, IMO. If anything it is very swingy.

Case in point - both useful information roles died by N1.

And claiming a possible Bomb as Anti-scum is a stretch when there were only two scum it could possibly hit.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1028 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Kats you are always scum ... even when you are Town.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1035 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:24 am

Katsuki wrote::(

That may be why you died N1, MOI...
That I'm not obv-scum every game? Probably true. It's something I've come to expect.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1038 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:03 am

DTMaster wrote:I really did, except I had hints where you told me to dial down the whineometer that I was off somewhere. :V. Gut sez wait a minute. Mind went, attttaaaacccckkk!
Looking through your ISO having Iec as scum wasn't your only place where you were off ... :P

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1046 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:16 am

Katsuki wrote: Why do you think I'm scummy in games that I'm not even in, MOI? :cry:
Um, whut? I don't think you are scum in games you don't play.

Actually truth be told in Brotherhood that is the most Pro-Town I've seen you look ever. I did come from a spoiled perspective but still ...

Let's just say I think you are scum as often as you think I am :P

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1048 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:49 am

Katsuki wrote: Also, the only time I was wrong about MOI scum was that time LMP and I had our fail game. :P We were sitting in the dead QT calling you obvscum over and over again, until you got end-gamed as town.
The only time? Really?

Don't make me go there ... :lol:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”