Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:15 am

Post by Fritzler »

d8P wrote:So we have confirmation that knife = Niska, blood = BSO. I guess Nanook was repsonsible for abducting Fritzler D1.
That bastard. Now I have to read this game. Yea, I'll catch up.
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:49 am

Post by Fritzler »

Ok, I skimmed.
Vote: ~deathsquiggle~

FOS: d8p
Surfs up dude.
~deathsquiggle~
~deathsquiggle~
Goon
~deathsquiggle~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:47 am

Post by ~deathsquiggle~ »

Fritzler wrote:Ok, I skimmed.

May I ask your reasoning behind this vote?
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:57 am

Post by d8P »

FoSses from Thok
and
Fritzler. Care to explain?
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:42 am

Post by armlx »

I would be happy voting for anyone whose name starts wit ha D about now (and ~ doesn't count as the starting letter).
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:08 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Mr. Whedon wrote:
Vote Count

NanookTheWolf- 8 (Dragon Phoenix, d8p, bloojay, Baby Jesus, Peacebringer, ~deathsquiggle~, Vismajor, Thok)
VisMaior- 2 (armlx, NanooktheWolf)
Peacebringer- 2 (Iammars, Otaku376)
Yosarian2- 1 (Fuldu)
armlx- 1 (the silent speaker)
~deathsquiggle~- 1 (Mini Neo)

Not voting (2): Yosarian2, EmpTyger
9 to lynch.
Focusing on the offvoters of Nannok, as I am sure his scumbuddies would have wanted to keep him around, I will
vote the silent speaker

Could go for any of the other offvoters also.
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:15 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Looking back through the preceding day, Yosarian2 and Iammars are the offvoters who seems most suspicious to me. I couldn't drum up any support for a Yosarian2 bandwagon yesterday, so
vote: Iammars
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:24 pm

Post by Iammars »

Why do I seem suspicious?
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:29 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

d8P:
As I don’t have anything better,
Vote: d8P
. I was a little bothered by how quick you were to blame Nanook for the Fritzlering Night 1. And I don’t really like how you yesterday seemed to be simultaneously defending and voting Nanook for the same reason:
d8P [155] wrote:I believe Nanook has other things on his plate right now. I probably would have reacted in the same way if I were harrassed about attentiveness to a game on a forum from which I expected support.

Thok:
Thok [31] wrote:Looking over the wiki entries for Firefly (there are entries for each episode!), it seems like possible scum groups are the Blue Hand operatives, the Alliance, and the Reavers.<snip>
I don’t like this statement now that it’s clear that Niska is a scum group. The best I could find as a source for your above statement is this on the wiki:
wiki, [u]emphasis added[/u] wrote:<snip>The show's plot pits these characters against
various criminals and schemers
, Alliance security forces, the violently insane Reavers, and the mysterious men with "hands of blue"<snip>
Which I find to be a curious omission, given VisM’s group.
Thok [174] wrote:<quote>I also agree that an
FOS D8P
is in order.
Freudian slip? Because armlx was suspecting “D_P” = Dragon Phoenix.

And incidentally, my loose end from yesterday is now moot.

Fuldu:
Fuldu [181] wrote:Looking back through the preceding day, Yosarian2 and Iammars are the offvoters who seems most suspicious to me. I couldn't drum up any support for a Yosarian2 bandwagon yesterday, so
vote: Iammars
Not that I disagree with suspicion on Iammars, but what exactly did Yosarian do yesterday?

Iammars:
You had rather little content yesterday. Anything to contribute today?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:32 pm

Post by Iammars »

EmpTyger wrote: Iammars:
You had rather little content yesterday. Anything to contribute today?
To tell you the truth I completly forgot about the game. Probably 'cause some roleblocked me N1, I was waiting on something from the mod. Gimme a bit to reread and do my English Journal.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

fos:Iammars

Why would you come out and say "you were waiting for something from the mod" and "someone rolebloced you night one" like that? It sounds like you're trying to hint for some kind of informational role that got role-blocked night 1 and thus got no information, but there would be no logical reason for a townie to make that kind of vauge hinting semi-claim now with one vote on them.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:41 pm

Post by Iammars »

Yosarian2 wrote:

Why would you come out and say "you were waiting for something from the mod" and "someone rolebloced you night one" like that? It sounds like you're trying to hint for some kind of informational role that got role-blocked night 1 and thus got no information, but there would be no logical reason for a townie to make that kind of vauge hinting semi-claim now with one vote on them.
No, I'm just explaining why I wasn't posting much yesterday.

And it's not always information roles that get results.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:12 pm

Post by Thok »

EmpTyger wrote:
Thok [174] wrote:<quote>I also agree that an
FOS D8P
is in order.
Freudian slip? Because armlx was suspecting “D_P” = Dragon Phoenix.
No, just me misreading armlx's comment-I actually don't find D_P particularly suspicious and find D8P somewhat suspicious.

As for your other comment-that's me not doing enough research; I didn't realize that there were any particularly significant criminal orginizations.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:14 pm

Post by Fritzler »

~deathsquiggle~ wrote:
Fritzler wrote:Ok, I skimmed.

May I ask your reasoning behind this vote?
Cuz you're scum.

unvote, vote: tss
Surfs up dude.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:45 pm

Post by Iammars »

Okay, after rereading, I agree that Nanook was just a random bandwagon whose fate was sealed by refusing to claim. No suspicion on the on r off voters in that case.

Speculation is really bad, since it stops us people who don't know the show and might happen to be mafia to fake claim. Besides those people probably researched anyway.
~deathsquiggle~
~deathsquiggle~
Goon
~deathsquiggle~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:26 pm

Post by ~deathsquiggle~ »

Fritzler wrote:
Cuz you're scum.

unvote, vote: tss
:roll:

I suppose you have proof, or at least valid suspicions, or are you just going to throw 'you're scum' at everyone until someone panics?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:29 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Iammars wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:

Why did you come out and say you had a night action at all? Why did you come out and drop all these vauge hints that do not help the town at all but would help the mafia when you only have one vote on you?

It sounds to me like you're very worried about setting up a future role claim and not getting lynched, and not at all worried about giving away your "role" to the scum. Therefore, I think you're probably scum.
vote:Iammars
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:38 pm

Post by Iammars »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Iammars wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:

Why did you come out and say you had a night action at all? Why did you come out and drop all these vauge hints that do not help the town at all but would help the mafia when you only have one vote on you?

It sounds to me like you're very worried about setting up a future role claim and not getting lynched, and not at all worried about giving away your "role" to the scum. Therefore, I think you're probably scum.
vote:Iammars
You're just assuming that I'm cop and I'm trying to give vague hints about my role, which is not what I am doing. I am explaining to you my lack of D1 posting. An example of another role which recieves results:
Vengeance, hosted by Vesuvan, which I'm sure that at least one person in here besides me recognizes.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:22 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I went through my suspicions of Yosarian2 yesterday and I'd rather not type it all up again, but it's nothing new. My main complaint against Iammars isn't that he didn't provide much content, exactly, but that he put on a random vote and left it all day.

As for the question of whether off-voters should be considered more suspicious, it's occurred to me that while the Blue Sun Operative scum are more likely to be off-voters, Niska and his men are more likely to be on-voters.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:34 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

I don;t think Iammers is the play today
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:04 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

vote death squiggle.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:44 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

d8P:
Missed this the first time through:
d8P [170] wrote:<snip>probably only one more Blue operative left<snip>
I in fact thought this yesterday, thinking there were only 2 hands of blue, but since Jubal Early has shown up allied with them, I now think it less likely that there’s just one more. So why do you think there’s only one left?

Fuldu:
Fuldu [193] wrote:I went through my suspicions of Yosarian2 yesterday and I'd rather not type it all up again, but it's nothing new.<snip>
Well, okay then. Yesterday’s argument was:
Fuldu [106] wrote:<snip>Between trying to start up role speculation and indiscriminate finger-pointing, both at Nanook and at those on his bandwagon, all without a placed vote, I think Yosarian2 deserves more attention than we're giving him. At any rate, my vote won't be moving any time soon.
But Yosarian happened to be *correct*. He was thinking that both Nanook and those on his bandwagon were suspicious. And, well, both Nanook and VisM have been revealed as antitown. So half of your argument against him from yesterday is rebutted. The other half, his Day 1 speculation, might indeed be a sign of guilt, but do you really think that that is most suspicious thing in the game? (aside from the undeniable exception of Iammars’s behavior)

Iammars:
Firstly, that’s not going to do anything against the accusation that you’re preparing a roleclaim. Secondly, it’s not like you didn’t participate yesterday, so I don’t get how you “forgot” the game. I mean, even if you were roleblocked you’d be better than a vanilla- you’d be a vanilla who knew that the game contained a roleblocker. So that’s no excuse for not showing interest.
Iammars [184] wrote:To tell you the truth I completly forgot about the game. Probably 'cause some roleblocked me N1, I was waiting on something from the mod.<snip>
And no. You were clearly aware of daybreak and thread contents. Enough so that you made a joke about your unvoting/revoting the same player. I think you need to explain yourself much further, because I can’t see an interpretation of this other than an outright lie.

BJ:
BabyJesus [194] wrote:I don;t think Iammers is the play today
Maybe so, but we still need to make sure he’s the play tomorrow...

Thok:
Well then, replacing D_P with d8P, this is what you thought you read:
armlx [171] [u]edited[/u] wrote:<snip>Looking back at Vis_Maiors posts, I find his interaction with
D_P
d8P
the most interesting thing.....
So, what about his interaction were you thinking interesting?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:26 pm

Post by Thok »

EmpTyger wrote:Thok:
Well then, replacing D_P with d8P, this is what you thought you read:
armlx [171] [u]edited[/u] wrote:<snip>Looking back at Vis_Maiors posts, I find his interaction with
D_P
d8P
the most interesting thing.....
So, what about his interaction were you thinking interesting?
You're assuming my reasons for giving D8P an FOS are because of some interaction with VisMaior, when in fact they are actually the reasons you articulated at the top of the thread. (It's also suspicious that he thinks there's only one Niska goon left also, unless there is some extremely obvious show related reason to think so that somebody wants to mention).
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:45 pm

Post by Fuldu »

EmpTyger wrote:But Yosarian happened to be *correct*. He was thinking that both Nanook and those on his bandwagon were suspicious. And, well, both Nanook and VisM have been revealed as antitown. So half of your argument against him from yesterday is rebutted.
Not really. With two scum teams, you'd expect to find scum on any successful bandwagon on Day One, though I'll grant that he was right to some degree about Nanook. My complaint isn't about the validity of his arguments, but about the sum total of the argument. If you say that X is behaving scummily
and
that the people voting for X are behaving scummily
and
don't place a vote, it seems more like you're trying to hedge against whatever outcome finally happens than that you're actually trying to further the search for scum in any useful way.

Given the way things turned out, I'd argue that it makes Yosarian seem more likely to be Blue Sun. He didn't want to further Nanook's bandwagon, but at the same time he wanted to make it seem like he agreed with it, which he seems to have convinced EmpTyger of, at least.

I wouldn't mind an explanation from Iammars of how having been roleblocked and waiting for something from the mod caused him to post nine times yesterday
and then
forget about the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:47 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

For the last time, I wasn't "hedging". I thought the speed of the bandwagon looked strange, and possibly scum driven, and then later, I thought Nanook's response looked suspicious, and I pointed that out, but of course I wasn't going to hurry up and jump on a bandwagon that I just said was moving faster then I'd like. By the end of the day, I was ready to jump on the bandwagon if Nanook was not going to defend himself, but Armlx finished him off first.
Iammars wrote: You're just assuming that I'm cop and I'm trying to give vague hints about my role, which is not what I am doing. I am explaining to you my lack of D1 posting. An example of another role which recieves results:
Vengeance, hosted by Vesuvan, which I'm sure that at least one person in here besides me recognizes.
Why are you still hinting about what your role might be?
Your actual role is irrelevent. There was no logical reason for a good guy to claim to have a pro-town role with a night action who got resuts when you didn't have to. You STILL seem to be setting up for some kind of future role claim, and still for no good reason.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”