Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Xalxe »

I like this one. Can I keep him?!?
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:22 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Dutch one wrote:DGB, I know you are making a list like this a lot (other people say that, so I assume that is true), but it's an easy tactic to place yourself in the "town" list. With making this list you more influence in the lynching system because it makes people almost think they have to prove themself that they are townies. And because it's your list, because you are doing this often and because you placed yourself in the townie-list, you don't have to prove anyone, and you get away with it.
I'm not saying that I think you are scum (not yet), but I do think you are trying to make yourself look innocent in a sneaky way. I think you are just doing this to gain influence.
If you want to make a list like this that again (with a good intention): "Don't place yourself anywhere in the list". You look scummy if you do that. Then you are just waiting for someone to critisize it

IGMEOY: DGB
You know, I actually find myself agreeing with much of this.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:40 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Woot for inexplicably linking to me, Dutchie my boy. I like how you laid out all your thoughts, though I generally disagree with your conclusions re: DGB. It IS everyone's duty to prove themselves Town to a majority number of other Town members, but I don't think list-making is sneaky by any means. I'd rather judge DGB on her reasoning for the rest of her list and not the mere fact she placed herself as Town.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:40 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Dutch one wrote:...but it's an easy tactic to place yourself in the "town" list.

...because you placed yourself in the townie-list, you don't have to prove anyone, and you get away with it.

...but I do think you are trying to make yourself look innocent in a sneaky way.

...If you want to make a list like this that again (with a good intention): "Don't place yourself anywhere in the list".
You know that laughing
really
hard gives me horrible cramps. Stop it!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:42 am

Cyberbob wrote:
Dutch one wrote:DGB, I know you are making a list like this a lot (other people say that, so I assume that is true), but it's an easy tactic to place yourself in the "town" list. With making this list you more influence in the lynching system because it makes people almost think they have to prove themself that they are townies. And because it's your list, because you are doing this often and because you placed yourself in the townie-list, you don't have to prove anyone, and you get away with it.
I'm not saying that I think you are scum (not yet), but I do think you are trying to make yourself look innocent in a sneaky way. I think you are just doing this to gain influence.
If you want to make a list like this that again (with a good intention): "Don't place yourself anywhere in the list". You look scummy if you do that. Then you are just waiting for someone to critisize it

You guys are killing me.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:43 am

Xalxe wrote:I like this one. Can I keep him?!?
Another one? I'm going to need to have my organ of laughter removed if I want to live.

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Xalxe »

Oh DGB, you and your assuming we can read your freakish mind.

If you've got a comment, spit it out. Don't just assume we understand all your criticisms.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Katsuki »

Oh damn, you caught me DGB!

In class no time to read through.
Vote: Antihero
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Cyberbob »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:

You guys are killing me.
I don't think you're scummy for it but, intentional or not, it does kind of create that feeling of "oh gosh I can't challenge DGB what if she ~spontaneously turns on me~" in other people's minds. Not always the healthiest thing.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Jerbs »

Heyy....

It's nice to wake up to 5 pages of stuff

Runner wrote:If a post restriction means what I think it means, you just wasted a post.
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... estriction

To ask a few questions:

What is your time zone? So people don't blame you for lurking when you've actually been sleeping.
Do you believe that people will do stupid things to try and be smart?

@Dutch

Are you scum? If not, why are you lying?
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:55 am

Xalxe wrote:...Don't just assume we understand all your criticisms.
Jokes aren't as funny if you have to explain them, but alright. Dutch one is making it sound, emphasizing with repetition, that listing myself as town on MY town list is clever, devilish, devious, influential, and a really powerful ploy. But really, people would have to be complete morons to fall for something that I've done in virtually every game, for years, especially since I never "fooled" anyone with this before. So, I'm just cracking up at the thought of this particular bunch of players having to be the dumbest ever assembled, for Dutch one's argument to carry any weight.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:56 am

Jerbs wrote:@Dutch

Are you scum? If not, why are you lying?
WOW... this guy
IS
town... and I had him pegged as town even before he posted anything. I never cease to amaze myself.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:59 am

Cyberbob wrote:I don't think you're scummy for it but, intentional or not, it does kind of create that feeling of "oh gosh I can't challenge DGB what if she ~spontaneously turns on me~" in other people's minds. Not always the healthiest thing.
Putting myself on my own town list does that?

And there I was thinking it might have been my habit of spontaneously turning on people.

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Cyberbob »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:I don't think you're scummy for it but, intentional or not, it does kind of create that feeling of "oh gosh I can't challenge DGB what if she ~spontaneously turns on me~" in other people's minds. Not always the healthiest thing.
Putting myself on my own town list does that?

And there I was thinking it might have been my habit of spontaneously turning on people.
Man, the first time I read his post it totally looked like the whole thing wasn't about putting yourself on the list specifically. The behaviour I'm talking about is what I described in the first dotpoint on the list in Post 96.

All this line of reasoning seemed a lot more coherent in my head, honest.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:07 am

UNLYNCHABLE PGO

Korlash

TOWN

DrippingGoofball (mason fakeclaim town-tell)
InHim (town self-read town-tell)
SpyreX (every word he posts town-tell)
Runner (post restriction nagging town-tell)
nocase (reckless ridiculousness town-tell)
Jerbs (hive-kicking NOob town-tell)
Katsuki (Katsuki is Katsuki scum-tell amply compensated by judicious use of exclamation point town-tell)
Xalxe (VLA questionable-tell, with lack of DGB-fear town-tell)

PERSONS OF INTEREST

Gorrad (buying DGB chocolates questionabletell, but Seraphimscum seems to know Gorrad is town counter-tell)
Antihero (taking Korlash literally questionable-tell)
iamausername (bus'ing Antihero in late RVS questionable-tell)
Seraphim (Seems to know that Gorrad is town questionable-tell)
werewolf555 (hasn't posted yet for fear of early-game mental meltdown questionable-tell, outlook: darkening)
Red Coyote (IIoA questionable-tell, has not found scum yet questionable-tell, outlook: darkening)
farside (hasn't found me scum yet questionable-tell)

5!<u/\/\z

curiouskarmadog ("
Hello, I am scum
" scum-tell)
Dutch one (dog ate homework scum-tell, with a side of nO0b DGB-hate questionable-tell)
Chevre (blinding us all with Shakespearian English scum-tell)
Cyberbob (heckling from peanut gallery scum-tell, kicked puppy scum-tell)
Kmd4390 (hasn't posted because working on fakeclaim scum-tell)

Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:09 am

Post by Runner »

Difficult thing about Large games... lots of people to keep track of...

My timezone is GMT (+0).

And that can be some wifom. I think I've seen it been done before. Mafia act stupid and are consistent in doing so and every now and then put in a conclusion that other people think is okay as he wouldn't be this stupid - too scummy to be scum. Am I interpreting this correctly?

I don't see the cases on Gorrad and Chevre here, can anyone help?

I'm sure we've left the post restriction thing behind us now - as someone said a pointless incident.

DGB looked to me suspicious up until about now. Dutch one has good reason and content in his recent post, to which DGB "laughed off". Then you come up with some meta, which I doubt mafia would do. So for the moment, I'm a bit neutral on you. Also taking into account your lists, which seem to be a bit random.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Xalxe »

DGB, I notice that you are not voting currently, which I find uncharacteristic. Who do you feel deserves a vote?
Dutch one
Dutch one
Goon
Dutch one
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:48 am

Post by Dutch one »

@DGB, if you really didn't care and if you really laughed about it, then you wouldn't react so extreme like you did.

unvote
Gorrad, that vote isn't really up-to-date anymore
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:17 am

Post by SpyreX »

Lying for giggles has to stop.

So, nocase + inhim don't have PR's? Anti doesn't have a PR?
SpyreX: could you explain the Gorrad vote?
Its not the self vote.

It's 6 posts worth of backwards progression (flaker callout, claim request, fluff,x3).

However, the kicker is:
Dutch, you're new here so slack shall be cut. Look up the Random Voting Stage in the wiki. Basically, at the start of the game a whole bunch of people are silly and vote randomly. Then one person says 'OMG the RVS suxxorz' and there's a big debate over whether or not to have an RVS. Depending on which side has more, either the most vocal person for or against the RVS is the D1 lynch. The game proceeds from there.

For those who would call me out on this, the above is satire. Satire is a type of social commentary that uses sarcasm and hyperbole (not the round thing, that's a hyperbola. Hyperbole is exaggeration), possibly in conjunction with juxtaposition.
This is "lol, RVS" (combined with "lol, jokes" earlier) as a rationale for what happened.

In one of those rare gems of a game when something
actually pertinent to the game was happening right out of the gate.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:23 am

SpyreX, Gorrad is scum, yes, but what about Dutch one?

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:29 am

Post by SpyreX »

Undecided. I think I need a bit more but he feels like that fresh fish trying his best versus the scumbolina kind.
Show

Proud member of BaM
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:31 am

Post by nocase »

my restriction claim was a white lie, not a joke, if that refers to me.

unvote. vote: runner.
i've got one eye still fixed on gorrad but that last post by runner smelled really funny.

what was dutch one's lie?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:32 am

Post by SpyreX »

Its a white lie that seems to have a small armada following it.

I dont like it.
Show

Proud member of BaM
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:50 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Cyberbob wrote: - Seraphim's Post 69 is pretty suss, Korlash is more suspicious for similar reasons though (just more of it)
Vote: Korlash
Actually WTF. You're no longer on the Town list. Say one thing, vote another much?

:(
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:51 am

Post by nocase »