Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

#####guys i have carpal tunnel anyone know any homeopathic, herbal, urban legend, medical, or wiccan remedies?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

#####HEY MOD feel free to hollow out 1125 and put a votecount there. For serious reals, I don't mind. ESPECIALLY if you recommend me an effective remedy to my carpal tunnel

~Thanks for the offer, but it makes it easier if all the votecounts are in my ISO. As for a remedy, rub some dirt on it and walk it off.
:P
Last edited by The Eruci on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:43 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I see. Bleh, I don't want to spam if I don't know if the PM was read or not.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:19 am

Post by q21 »

Sorry for the disappearance. I had a suddenly and unexpectedly spectacular weekend.

First order of business: I had an ability. I passed it.
implosion wrote:@IAI 991; Treestumping tmh tomorrow is a good idea. It could both get rid of the treestump and (bonus) assuming tmh is scum (which I am about 99% sure of)
it can confirm curiouskarmadog's alignment; if he fails to treestump tmh, he's mafia. If the treestump dies with tmh, he's town.
What do people think about this plan?

-snip-

Other miscellaneous question: should tmh claim who he passed the busdriving ability to and/or whoever has the ability claim that they have it? Not only is it an incredibly antitown ability, but this could lead to yet another confirmed townie. In fact, can anyone think of
any
pro-town reason for the busdriving ability to exist, or should it be passed to tmh tonight as well?
I like the put forward here, especially since tmh already claimed who he passed his ability to... diddin. Doing this could actually get us a decent set of confirmation data. Its actually enough that I'm willing to relent in my desire to see diddin swing for the moment.
Unvote

So, where to put my vote now. Based on current interest, Darla's name comes to the fore. So I looked her up a bit. Her first post is basically an apology for not posting anything meaningful by reason of computer fail and ends with this:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:ANYWAYS. Again, with the delays, apologies and a post is being typed up now with my actual content. :D
That post that was apparently being typed up never materialised. Instead we got excuses.

Her votes this game:
Helghast - Already at 5 votes. Didn't add much of anything herself.
Power - Already at 6. Again didn't add anything.
Bunny - Already at 2 votes. Not as much of a bandwagon hop as her previous, but given the sudden interest that had surrounded Bunny's misunderstanding of cycling (and I do read it as a misunderstanding rather than a scumslip) and given the fact that she couldn't really vote the leading wagon since it was her own... And again, added nothing.

Three poor votes make up the entirety of her vote history and while reading through her doctor explanation thing I saw this (bolding is mine):
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I protected the person I felt was most at risk of a kill and who had been contributing a lot to the town. I missed it, maybe, who knows. we could have more than one PR with kill ability (or more than 2 - whatever) I am not going to ANSWER FOR NOT PROTECTING THE PERSON WHO DIEDDDDD!!11 and let that be used as evidence against me. there were 20 something choices my odds of
picking the right person to kill
werent that great but I did the best with what I could - and then passed the power along to someone I felt comfortable with and got a strong town read on.

(still on phone reading page 40 now, will comment on 41 in a sec)
Given the rest of her play my thought here was simple. Scumslip.

Vote DarlaBlueEyes
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:48 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

quadz08 wrote:IAI’s 872 confuses me. Why is that quote scummy, exactly?
Though WC and Bunnylover followed suit with the hammering votes, this was the first post after the Powerox claim pushing for a lynch, where the correct action imo was to have a discussion first.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:50 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

quadz08 wrote:
implosion 880 wrote: If you are in reality town, you should have given your ability to the most antitown player you could and then shot them.
This is a good strategy, but not workable. The virus has to go off before the dayvig can work.
Yes, but did he know that N1 when the decision had to be made?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:03 am

Post by q21 »

IAI - Diddin did state in thread if I remember correctly.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:12 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

popsofctown wrote:if it has to tick to work, CKD is gonna have to be the one to bite the bullet. Or diddin. Whichever ability is more antitown. Prolly treestump
And if we get rid of TMH tomorrow and he is scum, you just killed a confirmed townie, or a chance to catch scum teammates***

***If they are teammates, CKD will not be able to send the treestump to TMH, and when someone else ends up with it, we have 2 scum.

As for the bus driver, if we know TMH is the kill D3 (he is my choice), then send that as well back to him.

Bunnylover, WC, and Darla are probably the best three choices for the bomb right now.

I do not advocate Diddin or Saint. My gut tells me people would love to have Saint (or should I say Vi) out of this game.

If I am right about pops being scum, quadz is a possible teammate. Something to keep an eye on.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:15 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

q21 wrote:IAI - Diddin did state in thread if I remember correctly.
Yes that was the criteria for D1, but a bomb every day to activate the vig was not something I expected, or would have N1. Did you?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:13 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

popsofctown wrote:#####HEY MOD feel free to hollow out 1125 and put a votecount there. For serious reals, I don't mind. ESPECIALLY if you recommend me an effective remedy to my carpal tunnel
I'm one of the exercise leads at my work ;) No, seriously. I can suggest exercises that you can do with your fingers.
I Am Innocent wrote:Bunnylover, WC, and Darla are probably the best three choices for the bomb right now.

I do not advocate Diddin or Saint. My gut tells me people would love to have Saint (or should I say Vi) out of this game.
I agree with this. Bunnylover and DBE are high on my scumlist, I feel Diddin is town, and I already said Saint's a suboptimal bomb target. WC I need a double-check on, but if memory serves me correctly there's a good case on him too. TMH is a good person to get the bomb as well.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:14 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I don't understand why we can't go backwards, frankly. IAI and q21 have brought up sparing diddin (although they both think he's scummy, yes?) in order to lynch theman tomorrow (thereby "testing" whether or not they are on the same team). Why can we not lynch diddin in order to test that today? I mean, it works both ways right? There's going to be a lot of opportunities to crosscheck ability exchanges throughout the game, but there's not going to be a lot of opportunities to lynch scum at the rate we're losing townies.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:15 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

RedCoyote wrote:I don't understand why we can't go backwards, frankly. IAI and q21 have brought up sparing diddin (although they both think he's scummy, yes?) in order to lynch theman tomorrow (thereby "testing" whether or not they are on the same team). Why can we not lynch diddin in order to test that today? I mean, it works both ways right? There's going to be a lot of opportunities to crosscheck ability exchanges throughout the game, but there's not going to be a lot of opportunities to lynch scum at the rate we're losing townies.
I don't see the big problem in theory.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:42 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, let's say that we decide to wait and lynch theman. Okay. Worst case scenario.

Darla gets stuck with the Virus and flips town.
theman shoots WC and flips town.
We lynch Saint and he flips town.
Then two more town deaths at night. That's five more townies dead.

I'm not saying this will all happen if we don't go after diddin now, but I am saying we shouldn't spare diddin if we think he's scum just because we want to get a town confirmation from lynching theman tomorrow. We're already on a bad footing. That said, if a majority of the town thinks diddin is honestly not a good lynch, then that's a completely different story. I'll build a case against him with pleasure.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:06 am

Post by q21 »

I Am Innocent wrote:
q21 wrote:IAI - Diddin did state in thread if I remember correctly.
Yes that was the criteria for D1, but a bomb every day to activate the vig was not something I expected, or would have N1. Did you?
Given that we cycle the roles around I expect that each role I pass to someone will be exactly the same as when I had it, therefore I expect each role to work identically each day/night.

The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:32 am

Post by The Eruci »

:: VoteCount 2x2 ::

LynchMePls (0) -

RedCoyote (0) -

themanhimself (1) -
Parama

Lateralus22 (0) -

WrathChild (1) -
nhammen

curiouskarmadog (0) -

quadz08 (2) -
diddin, Nero Cain

Nero Cain (0) -

DarlaBlueEyes (6) -
LynchMePls, implosion, popsofctown, Lateralus22, StrangerCoug, q21

q21 (0) -

diddin (2) -
quadz08, RedCoyote

popsofctown (0) -

Bunnylover (2) -
Saint, DarlaBlueEyes

I Am Innocent (0) -

StrangerCoug (0) -

Parama (2) -
themanhimself, Bunnylover

Implosion (0) -

nhammen (0) -

Saint (0) -

Not Voting (3) -
curiouskarmadog, WrathChild, I Am Innocent

With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:58 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

RedCoyote wrote:Well, let's say that we decide to wait and lynch theman. Okay. Worst case scenario.

Darla gets stuck with the Virus and flips town.
theman shoots WC and flips town.
We lynch Saint and he flips town.
Then two more town deaths at night. That's five more townies dead.
I can almost hear sotty saying "appeal to fear" here. :P
RedCoyote wrote:I'm not saying this will all happen if we don't go after diddin now, but I am saying we shouldn't spare diddin if we think he's scum just because we want to get a town confirmation from lynching theman tomorrow. We're already on a bad footing. That said, if a majority of the town thinks diddin is honestly not a good lynch, then that's a completely different story. I'll build a case against him with pleasure.
Well my read on Diddin is more null than anything. And my guess is with TMH, or should I call him the MIA TMH, who is almost certainly to be killed D3, I would rather my null read be kept for a day, esp if we know Diddin cannot be TMH's teammate.

If the group as a whole thinks Diddin is scum and there are no other solid candidates, than yes, he should be the lynch/target.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:05 am

Post by implosion »

I'd like the bomb to go to Darla. My reads on Bunny and WC are null at worst, probably both leaning town.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:15 am

Post by quadz08 »

I'm with RC; let's flip it, and lynch diddin today, since we can't lynch TMH cause of his ability. Which actually reminds me: does no one else find it suspicious that diddin is still alive today, even though he held the dayvig power? Cause I do.
IAI wrote:Yes that was the criteria for D1, but a bomb every day to activate the vig was not something I expected, or would have N1. Did you?
Actually, this is a really good point. I would have assumed that since the virus had gone off D1, that it was simply gone, and the dayvig power was free to use for the rest of the game. It coming back today was unexpected, and I assume it would have been unexpected for TMH as well... well said, IAI.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Well it appears that we have come to an agreement on who should hold the bomb between 3 people.
Myself (although I disagree on this lol).
Saint (Pefectly fine with this).
DBE (Not really seeing a reason not to keep the virus on him/her).
Other then these three people, no one name is mentioned.
We need to keep the virus between these three people.
If for some reason another person gets the virus, the previous owner should either be day kill by the vig or lynch as their is only two reason why you wouldn't keep the bomb on these three.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:32 am

Post by implosion »

The problem with lynching diddin is that if TMH passed the bus driving ability to diddin and TMH is mafia, isn't diddin confirmed town?
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:56 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I am finding this game incredibly hard to keep up with, and while I really do not want to add one more townie death to the toll, if everyone is so adamant you can give me the bomb and I'll keep it. But don't say I didn't warn you when all that comes of it is one more townie death.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:07 am

Post by diddin »

RedCoyote you have HARDCORE tunnel vision on me. You have said NOTHING about whether you think tmh is scum or not today, and that plays a big part of my alignment. It's like you're ignoring him to get me lynched. In fact non-mention is a pretty strong buddy tell.

I would have no problem with this guy being vigged/bombed/lynched.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:17 am

Post by WrathChild »

Here's the problem I keep seeing pop up. Our efforts to track ability passes are twisted because of it. When we have an easily traceable ability that forces very telling decisions like a Day-Vig, the bus-driver is going to keep screwing up our tracking. With the bus-driver, the Day-Vig is much less accountable for their hit than if the bus-driver did not exist.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 am

Post by quadz08 »

implosion wrote:The problem with lynching diddin is that if TMH passed the bus driving ability to diddin and TMH is mafia, isn't diddin confirmed town?
That's rather the point. If diddin is mafia, then TMH is confirmed town, and both of them have been scummy. If we lynch diddin today, we can clear TMH now AND remove the ability busdriver, whereas we want to wait until tomorrow to lynch TMH, since he has the dayvig. I'll go over both of them in ISO soon and see if one reeeeally stands out, but assuming they're about the same, I think that diddin should be the lynch today. It gives us more info, faster, which is reeeeeeally important right now.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:56 am

Post by WrathChild »

quadz08 wrote:
implosion wrote:The problem with lynching diddin is that if TMH passed the bus driving ability to diddin and TMH is mafia, isn't diddin confirmed town?
That's rather the point. If diddin is mafia, then TMH is confirmed town, and both of them have been scummy. If we lynch diddin today, we can clear TMH now AND remove the ability busdriver, whereas we want to wait until tomorrow to lynch TMH, since he has the dayvig. I'll go over both of them in ISO soon and see if one reeeeally stands out, but assuming they're about the same, I think that diddin should be the lynch today. It gives us more info, faster, which is reeeeeeally important right now.
Something is wrong here. TMH didn't claim to pass anything to Diddin. TMH's BD ability seems like it would override alignment restrictions. I'd like the BD ability removed from this game, but I don't think TMH has claimed who he sent it to yet.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”