Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:55 am

Post by Jahudo »

Talitha wrote:Are safe claims pretty standard in theme games these days?
Not always when you don't know which characters the scum have been assigned, but in this case we do know so in theory the mod would have to give them fake claims to counteract a mass character claim day 1.

The Peterson/Peterman mixup looks like nothing to me.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:21 am

Post by Kdub »

ELAINE: I've yada yada'd sex.
GEORGE: Really?
ELAINE: Yeah. I met this lawyer, we went out to dinner, I had the lobster bisque, we went back to my place, yada yada yada, I never heard from him again.
JERRY: But you yada yada'd over the best part.
ELAINE: No, I mentioned the bisque.

Vote Count

charter (0) -
LynchMePls (4) - The Fonz, Katsuki, Jahudo, Untrod Tripod
Katsuki (4) - MagnaofIllusion, LynchMePls, Talitha, charter
The Fonz (0) -
MagnaofIllusion (0) -
Jahudo (1) - MacavityLock
Haschel Cedricson (0) -
Talitha (1) - Kmd4390
Untrod Tripod (0) -
Kmd4390 (0) -
MacavityLock (1) - Haschel Cedricson
Not Voting (0) -

11 votes available, 6 votes needed to lynch.

Haschel Cedricson has been prodded.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:56 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ok .. one more flip and it’s VC Analysis time. The amount of apathy in this thread is frustrating beyond belief.

--
KMD wrote:Charter, that's your case? Really? That's it?
But you don’t bother to say anything about what he did say. You just sluffed it off. It’s comments like this that make me have my eye on you.
KMD wrote:Magna, I don't like either the LMP lynch or the Kat lynch.
Please elaborate on why you don’t like a Kats lynch. I’d really like to see your reasoning why his behavior (complete lack of scum-hunting, hammer and immediate distancing before the flip even happened) doesn’t deserve the rope.

--
Tal wrote:Are safe claims pretty standard in theme games these days?
Short and accurate answer would be “Yes, but with the occasional exception”.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:02 am

Post by The Fonz »

@LMP: I don't see Tally's justification as being a particularly plausible town thought process, but what gives me pause is the question of your alignment and Kat's. If she's scum and you're town and Kats is scum, she's jumping off a town wagon very likely to succeed to bus. That doesn't make any sense. If she's scum and you and Kats are both town, it's not as jaw-droppingly stupid, but it still doesn't make a ton of sense. Scum who have town at L-1, you would have thought, would be happy enough to allow the momentum of the lynch to carry it through, and she'd be able to push Kats tomorrow. If you're her buddy and Kat's town, then there was opportunity for her to switch wagons earlier than she did.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Not much time at the moment ...

Just wanted to point out how fascinating (in a hmmm am I seeing scummy Inconsistency?) I am finding that Tal is catching all kinds of hell for her vote of Kats yet Charter has received not a peep.

Both hopped onto the wagon (which I heartily approve of, more people should) with a quick post after having previously expressed suspicion about Kats.

Yet only one is under fire.
Tally was on Raj, on LMP, and now on Kats. That's a lot of following popular wagons. Though tbh, I have them 2 and 3 in scumminess. (I'm really not sure what to make of Kats, she's probably flying under my radar a bit).
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Talitha »

The Fonz,

Why is my justification not particularly plausible (in your opinion)? You've never run someone up to L-1 then unvoted to give yourself time to think about whether you want to follow through with the lynch? You've never seen town do it?

Again, regardless of how LMP spins and twists the facts in his crusade against me, I did not "follow" anyone on the Raj wagon. If anything I was one of the leaders of it - not that I deserve any townie points for that. As for LMP I expressed suspicion of him yesterday
at least twice
but preferred Raj. I still found LMP suspicious on my re-read today and mentioned that, and then after his crap case on me, I voted for him. Admittedly I am currently following the Katsuki bandwagon. LMP is scummier to me, but it might just be because he posts more. Need some Kats substance, please. I am still prepared to lynch LMP, but Katsuki & others (Macavity, Haschel to name a couple) have to contribute something before end of day.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Talitha wrote:Why is my justification not particularly plausible (in your opinion)? You've never run someone up to L-1 then unvoted to give yourself time to think about whether you want to follow through with the lynch? You've never seen town do it?
Nice spin job, but you didn't just unvote to give yourself more time, you unvoted and voted the other wagon.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by LimMePls »

@The Fonz: I see no reason scum Tal wouldn't unvote me and vote Katsuki-scum or Katsuki-town.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Talitha »

Nice spin job, but you didn't just unvote to give yourself more time, you unvoted and voted the other wagon.
Which as we've established achieved two things that I wanted, time to think about you, and pressure on Katsuki. This is the last time I'll repeat myself - I'm over it.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:02 am

Post by MacavityLock »

I'm happy with an
Unvote, Vote: Katsuki

And this makes twice now where I'm not really seeing a case on one of the two big wagons (raj D1, LMP D2), and the overlap is strong: Kats, bv/Jahudo, UT, and Tal. At least two scum here.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Talitha »

unvote: Katsuki
vote: LMP
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:48 am

Post by The Fonz »

Talitha wrote:The Fonz,

Why is my justification not particularly plausible (in your opinion)? You've never run someone up to L-1 then unvoted to give yourself time to think about whether you want to follow through with the lynch? You've never seen town do it?
No to both.

LynchMePls wrote:@The Fonz: I see no reason scum Tal wouldn't unvote me and vote Katsuki-scum or Katsuki-town.
Really? Wow.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:36 am

Post by LimMePls »

Yup, really.

V/LA on weekends
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:02 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

I still prefer MacLock, but the Katsuki wagon is better than the LMP wagon.

Unvote; Vote Katsuki
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:15 am

Post by charter »

Ahhhh, Katsuki posting all over the site but avoiding this thread now that he's about to be lynched. Obvscum trying to lurk out of it.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:15 am

Post by charter »

Tally trying a last minute save of her scumbuddy as well, not a very good one though.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by The Fonz »

LynchMePls wrote:Yup, really.
You MIGHT be able to argue for the town-town move. It doesn't strike me as that likely, but it's possible. But I can't see why scum Tally would jump off a town LMP to bus there. It just doesn't make any sense.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Kdub »

Katsuki and Untrod Tripod have been prodded.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Katsuki's already was suspected for avoiding the thread, and he responded by saying he doesn't bookmark games, so its possible he's not intentionally avoiding the thread. I don't know how it can be proven one way or the other.

But he definitely should get in here and respond to the wagon on him.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Any reason you feel the need to defend Katsuki's behavior as softly as possible Jahudo?

V/LA on weekends
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:50 pm

Post by Katsuki »

/prodded

Black Swan has my nerves in tatters at the moment. Too tired now, stuff probably tomorrow.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Magna, Charter's case was:
charter wrote:Why everyone should vote Kmd:

Doesn't give any reason for voting Raj, but all he talks about is Raj being scum. Raj calls him out for citing his list as his reason for voting him, Kmd claims he didn't (even though he quotes his list just on top of his vote for Raj). He actually spends more time talking about how he caught Raj in another game, but gives no reasons Raj is scum in this game.

Kmd also spends quite a bit of time explaining to us how he plays as scum (118, 163). I'm sure everyone else found it as helpful as I did.
Charter is smart enough to know that a list isn't a reason to vote. A list is just a way to show where you stand. I quoted the list to show that I was just voting a read from before. I was trying the whole early Day 1, just vote from the background thing that Glork and a few others have done in the past, but I couldn't stick to it. So I just quoted my earlier scum/town reads and showed that I was switching from one scum read to another. Rajjksldfjkslf;jadskf responded with OMGUS attacks on me and that post where he says Magna and I should know he's town because we've seen him as town before. This was the scummiest thing Rajkdlfjadskfjask said, which is why I was happy with my vote. The whole list thing comes in when Rajjdkfljasdklfjads says it was my reasoning. My response was that I hadn't posted any reasoning. Charter is trying to say that because I quoted my list when I voted, my list must have been my reasoning (obviously, the list was just my early reads).

The reason we went on about the other game is because that's what Rajdklsgjafkl;s's defense was. I was basically posting a rebuttal to his defense, which Charter phrases as " spends more time talking about how he caught Raj in another game". No, I was showing that Rajsdsafsd's defense was garbage.

The real nail in Rajdsjkfdsakfj's coffin was when he wanted to claim rather than continue defending himself. It REALLY looked like scum wanting to fakeclaim. Then he comes out with vanilla and we (Magna and myself) look like dumbasses for believing that one.

But yeah, pretty much, the whole expecting me to know his meta inside and out from one game was the thing that I really misread from Rajdskfdjsakf. So I pushed what turned out to be a mislynch. My bad. It happens. I still think my reasoning was good even though it turned out to be wrong.

The other part, uh, I don't understand how sharing some of my scum play is scummy.

On Kat, I happen to have a town read. I don't remember why, but it was something early in the game. If I had to pick one of the two wagons, it would be LMP simply because I'd rather lynch a claimed vanilla than force one of my town reads to claim.

----------------

I'd vote LMP now, but I think that would be hammer and I think the game would benefit from hearing Kat's input before we lynch.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

OK, taken the time to do Kat-centred read. I kind of get a genuine scumhunting vibe early on. Definitely some scum points for being on the abominably bad MOI wagon, though Kat's participation here doesn't look nearly as bad as charter's or LMP's. To wit, while I don't think the 'Both pushing UT while saying he's scum with the other' argument is
good,
it's the sort of thing I could picture a town player finding significant.

This is amusing:
Katsuki wrote:Whaddya know, I saw bv post earlier today, yet he is avoiding this game like the plague.
Then the most questionable thing is probably the hammer and comments after it, but I'm not quite sure how it would actually benefit scum to act like that. It seems to me like the town explanation would be pretty straightforward, but the scum one quite convoluted, and in that situation the player is more often than not town. There's enough there that Kat isn't obvtown by any stretch of the imagination, but I think he's a -far- worse lynch than LMP.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:54 am

Fonz wrote:Tally was on Raj, on LMP, and now on Kats. That's a lot of following popular wagons. Though tbh, I have them 2 and 3 in scumminess. (I'm really not sure what to make of Kats, she's probably flying under my radar a bit).
So she’s on wagons that you generally find scummy or null but that is a scum-tell for you? Generally don’t you find players who follow wagons onto players you find scummy to be more likely to Town, if you are?

You have also been consistently voting for LMP. Why don’t you have him as your number 1 on the scumminess scale? Who is your number 1 scum suspect then?

--

@Tal re 359
– What in the heck is that? Kats gets to L-1 and you immediately jump right back to LMP?

--

@Haschel
– You’ve been gone an awfully long time for 362 to be the full extent of your catch-up post. I approve of the vote, however.

--
Charter wrote:Ahhhh, Katsuki posting all over the site but avoiding this thread now that he's about to be lynched. Obvscum trying to lurk out of it.
QFT.

--
Jahudo wrote:Katsuki's already was suspected for avoiding the thread, and he responded by saying he doesn't bookmark games, so its possible he's not intentionally avoiding the thread. I don't know how it can be proven one way or the other.

But he definitely should get in here and respond to the wagon on him.
Noted for future relational discussion.

--
Katsuki wrote:/prodded

Black Swan has my nerves in tatters at the moment. Too tired now, stuff probably tomorrow.
Yet you had plenty of time to be posting Saturday and Sunday in many other active games. That you couldn’t take the time to post anything then and now try to excuse your inactivity on a movie is laughable.

LYNCH OBV-SCUM ASAP!!!

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Fonz wrote:Tally was on Raj, on LMP, and now on Kats. That's a lot of following popular wagons. Though tbh, I have them 2 and 3 in scumminess. (I'm really not sure what to make of Kats, she's probably flying under my radar a bit).
So she’s on wagons that you generally find scummy or null but that is a scum-tell for you? Generally don’t you find players who follow wagons onto players you find scummy to be more likely to Town, if you are?
One player I find very scummy, but the other two I don't think are great wagons. Raj's wagon was just less obviously horrible than yours. Essentially, I find evidence of independent thought to be townish, and its absence to be scummy, and Tally just looks like a sheep.

I must confess, looking through her ISO and seeing her voting Raj with 'he could be scum' as her sole justification, it didn't occur to me it was the first vote on the wagon: what with the flimsy 'he could be scum' justification, it looked like piling on to me. Perils of iso I guess. She certainly didn't look like she was expending any effort trying to convince people that Raj was scum.

Her vote on Kat was unexplained and later justified as 'pressure,' but do you really unvote someone who's supposedly your top suspect at L-1 and put a rival wagon only one vote behind for 'pressure?' And if you are voting for pressure, why remove the pressure vote before the pressured player has actually done anything? Why say you don't pay any attention to claims:
Talitha wrote: Re: current bandwagon. My motto (stolen from mith) is "lynch or lynch not, there is no claim". I.e. In the decision to lynch, the claim shouldn't matter.
And yet unvote immediately following a claim (and she posted twice between the L-1 vote and the claim, so she had the opportunity to unvote prior to claim if she really just wanted more time) and even worse, assert that the manner in which he claimed (mixing up Peterman and Peterson) instinctively makes her think him more likely town (and no, pointing out that you're being hypocritical doesn't change the fact).

You have also been consistently voting for LMP. Why don’t you have him as your number 1 on the scumminess scale? Who is your number 1 scum suspect then?
I haven't a clue what you're talking about, I do have LMP as number one, and obviously so.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:22 am

Fonz wrote:I haven't a clue what you're talking about, I do have LMP as number one, and obviously so.
I’ll elaborate below …
I read this statement as saying the following –

You found ( from the pool of Raj, LMP and Kats ) that Kats is a null read and Raj / LMP were 2 and 3 in terms of scumminess. Thus my questions. If I’m not reading that correctly feel free to correct me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”