Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

q21 wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:I passed my ability on.
MoI passed his ability to me. It is clear what ability he had.
Explain how this is possible if MoI died which should have happened before any ability cycling went on.

TMH passed his power to diddin it seems, therefore they cannot be scum together. Both, though, are scummy, but there is the potential to clear (at least mostly) one by lynching the other. TMH is currently in possession of a very protown power, for all that he gave it to himself, and diddin is in possession of a proscum power. Therefore I'm going to start the day with a diddin vote.

Vote diddin
I have no idea. I think this was the lie pops was talking about.
Because I didn't get my ability from MoI, what ability did MoI posses?
It showed what ability Chk had, but didn't show that MoI possesed any ability.
Or does everyone not posses an ability?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by q21 »

Question - Does the potato go off after a set number of posts in the day or after a certain player has held if for a set number of posts?

Parama - You're calling me scum for my post count? I was very busy around Christmas and entirely out of access for more than a week after Christmas, which I duly announced in thread beforehand. Since returning I've averaged more than a posts a day and have spent those posts contributing to the game.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Parama »

You're like lowest on the list and the one I've put accounting for the likely 25% off of my scumreads but I seriously did not know you were in this game until about 20 minutes ago.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

pops 816 wrote:This is such scummy posting. Feeling equally comfortable with two available lynches is legitimately possible for a townie, but I expect that position more from scum. Reminds me of my rather crappy SK play.
I await your glorious defense of themanhimself as the townie to end all townies. No? I'm exaggerating? Okay, maybe a little, but you get my point. Don't start tooting this horn if you're not going to stand up for it. I started theman wagon yesterday. I was one of the first to really call out Power for his nonsense yesterday as well (although I'll concede that there were others that were pushing for him stronger than I was). Unless you're prepared to man up and say that one (or both) of these positions is fake, then don't give me this mousy, theoretical mumbo jumbo about what I would and wouldn't do as a townie.
pops 816 wrote:My vote, frankly, may be influenced by how these other votes end up going."
The phrasing here makes this not at all sound like "I'll help whichever needs a hammer at deadline", which would be much more ok.

As a townie, this influence should never happen, unless you think Bunnylover and nhammen significantly better at mafia than you are. There's no reason for it except to be in a popular place to be be, which is a scummy desire.

They're REASONING can influence you, and perhaps that's what made this seem ok to let slip. But you said votes, you didn't say you'd like to hear what they had to say.

An all of that aside, even if a gameplan of proxying your vote to the most popular wagon is proper pro town play, there's no reason to warn us that "my vote may be influenced by how these other votes end up going". We'll find out if it causes a change when we find out if it causes a change. Reading that you might sheep on nhammen's and Bunnylovers decisions doesn't make me have to replan how I play the game. Your vote is where it is, and it's possible it can change. That's always the case.
You're reading into this what I was worried might have been read into this statement from the moment I hit submit. nhammen and Bunny needed to make their positions known especially, above all other players at that point. When I said their votes would influence mine, I meant it, but not in the way you're assuming. In no way am I claiming nhammen and Bunny are sure townies here. Their votes wouldn't necessarily have influenced mine in the sense that I was going to vote
with
them, but that understanding which argument/wagon spoke to them more as replacements would help me assess which lynch showed more promise. Unfortunately, this decision was made before I really got the chance to continue on the issue.

---

A lot has happened, and I'm looking forward to reading what all has occurred since the day has started. I really wanted to make this post though because I don't think pops was being very fair with me in that post. I think he made it off the cuff and I hope this clarifies it a bit.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by q21 »

Parama wrote:Oh yeah thanks for reminding me, q21.
EVERYONE CLAIMS WHO THEY PASSED THEIR POWER TO LAST NIGHT.
This is stupid, Parama. If we do this the scum gets a nice neat list of all the people to kill if they want to get rid of a power.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Parama »

And we get a nice neat list of people who cannot be scum together~
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Magnaofillusion’s Guide to How to Handle Cycling Powers

What to do Day 2 (after the first Night)

If you had a Cycling Power that you pasted on N1 claim so in your first post. DO NOT say who you passed it to or what the power was.

Exceptions

Diddin should claim who he passed the Dayvig Power to and explain why.
Implosion should claim who he passed the Treestump Power to and explain why.

If you had a Cycling Power that gave you a result that provides positive information for Town (a Cop Guilty, a Hider target that didn’t cause you to die) you should also claim your Power and the result so the information isn’t possibly lost. Note for this purpose I don’t consider Cop Innocent results or Player X went nowhere results as positive information.

If you received a Cycling Power after N1 (or after any Night)
– Say nothing about that.

Exceptions

If you received the Dayvig or Treestump Powers they are going to be self-evident so claim you received them to confirm Diddin / Implosion’s story.

What do to Day 3 (after the second Night and every successive Night)

If you passed a Cycling Power N1 and did not reveal who you passed it to Day 2 do so in your first post of Day 3. Said play should be confirming they passed an ability N2 and thus confirm your story.

If you had a Cycling Power that you passed on N2 claim so in your first post. DO NOT say who you passed it to or what the power was.

If you received a Cycling Power after N2
– Say nothing.

The same exceptions apply and new ones may develop as the game progresses.

Lather, rinse, repeat and establish links for endgame
I agree with this.

I did not have a power D1, so I passed on nothing.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by q21 »

Parama wrote:And we get a nice neat list of people who cannot be scum together~
We get a much similar list if people say on day 3 who they passed to last night without helping the scum take powers out of the game.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I didn't have anything on Day 1, so didn't have anything to give on Night 1.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Parama »

w/e then let's do that.
I still had no power last night so it's irrelevant.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I already claimed to have had the Firewall/Doc ability and passed it on the towniest player - therefore I am not claiming who I gave it to because then the scumboni will know who our doc is.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

popsofctown wrote:@StrangerCoug: Pass the virus to me,
I want to look at it
. I can give it right back if you like. I can't explain why, sorry.
Underlined seems shady. If I was scum, I'd probably want to know what this reoccurring virus was all about too.
popsofctown wrote:For the record, if someone gets the virus, and we somehow never see it again, that person is scum. The virus should be used as a lynch. Scum could pass it betwixt themselves perpetually and have it never go off until the day ends, (well that was my concern, and something I'd like to check when I get it)(I had another more secretive concern but I realized it doesn't matter. Oh well).
First of all, why would you announce that in the thread, the strategy for scum to pass it back and forth. FOS.

Second of all, it does matter. This oh I have a secret reason, oh wait nevermind it doesn't matter isn't going to fly. You got it passed to you, I want to know why you wanted it.
popsofctown wrote:We need to pick someone scummy to give the virus to, and tell that person they'll eat it and like it. If they refuse we give the virus to someone else, and then lynch the person who refused to eat the virus, since that person would eat the virus if they realized refusing to do so would only cause us to waste a lynch on them. This process isn't nearly as good as a real daykill, unfortunately, but it's better than killing a lurker just-because.

Viralvote:DarlaBlueEyes
Ah, Day 2's easy target. I am not biting. D1 it was Helghast and Powerox. How about we go after the people who pushed Powerox's lynch, like you?
popsofctown wrote:@Parama suicide: Let's not let Parama touch the virus. As confident as Parama is that he has the entire game read perfectly, I don't have that confidence in him and I doubt everyone else does.
So instead let's give it to more people that haven't seen the virus and know what it does. Not Pro-town.

Question, do you really think Parama was going to self-suicide?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I already claimed to have had the Firewall/Doc ability and passed it on the towniest player - therefore I am not claiming who I gave it to because then the scumboni will know who our doc is.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:If you had a Cycling Power that you pasted on N1 claim so in your first post.
DO NOT say who you passed it to or what the power was
Reading Fail.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Parama »

I do. You'll never know unless you let me do it, right?
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Parama wrote:I do. You'll never know unless you let me do it, right?
Nah scum Parama isn't going to do it, and town Parama is a crazy player, but not suicidal. No chance imo.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Parama »

Parama wrote:Large Themes do this to me. I don't know why I keep joining them.
yeah
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

reading....will post once i get caught up...I got an ability last night.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm not going to risk it.

I caused StrangerCoug to have the virus. The daykill is protown, as is pseudolynching with the virus so I selected the player I felt most likely to survive the night but who still had a town feel.

My original choice though, was MoI, with similar logic. I spent so much time combing through his posts during my decisionmaking process and so little with Coug's smaller opportunity that I mistakenly thought I had passed my ability to MoI, sending it to the void. When Coug claimed he had the ability, I was very confused, and I wanted to see if it was the same virus Parama started the game with. If it was, it implied a bus driver.

I felt really stupid when just a few minutes later I remembered considering StrangerCoug as an option, and then subsequently decided that posting volume is correlated with nightkillability and that I should target Coug instead of MoI.

@saying that explaining how to misuse the ability as scum is suspicious: What the heck? I had to give StrangerCoug a reason to pass back and forth with me, and since people like you exist and make me claim things that dont need claiming, justify my actions. That's why I revealed that info. Any scum who can't figure out that strategy on their own is braindead.

Further more, if I AM scum, already know the strategy! If I were scum I would have shared it last night with all my partners in case they get infected, since everyone suspected the virus might come back. The fact you pointed out antitown behavior but didn't realize that it doesn't make sense in any way for actually showing me to be scum makes me suspect you know that I'm town.

@CKD: if that ability doesn't turn out to be Tree Stump you're stupid for claiming.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by diddin »

Parama stop trying to be Fate and expect people to sheep off you.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Here is what I have to date.

LynchMePls
RedCoyote
themanhimself - D1, Busdriver Ability, passed it along to Diddin.
Lateralus22
[
TheLonging
]

WrathChild
curiouskarmadog
quadz08
Nero Cain
DarlaBlueEyes
[
Narsis
]

q21
diddin - D1 Dayvig, power taken by themanhimself
popsofctown - D1 Had a Power, passed it along.
Bunnylover
[
SnakePlissken
]
[
danGR
]
- D1 Had a Power, passed it along.
I Am Innocent - D1 Nothing
StrangerCoug
[
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
]
- D1 Nothing
Parama - D1 Nothing
Implosion - D1 Treestump, passed it to curiouskarmadog
nhammen
[
EtherealCookie
]

Saint

Dead Players:

muh316 - D1 Watcher (died with him)
AntB - D1 Nothing
Helghast - D1 Nothing
Powerrox93 - D1 Double Voter (died with him
MagnaOfIllusion - D1 Nothing
chkflip - D1 Ability Remover (died with him)
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by implosion »

IAI wrote:themanhimself - D1, Busdriver Ability,
passed it along to Diddin.
Either I missed this or it's wrong.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

popsofctown wrote:I'm not going to risk it.

I caused StrangerCoug to have the virus. The daykill is protown, as is pseudolynching with the virus so I selected the player
I felt most likely to survive the night
but who still had a town feel.

My original choice though,
was MoI, with similar logic
These two do not line up, but nice try.
popsofctown wrote:I spent so much time combing through his posts during my decisionmaking process and so little with Coug's smaller opportunity that I mistakenly thought I had passed my ability to MoI, sending it to the void. When Coug claimed he had the ability, I was very confused, and I wanted to see if it was the same virus Parama started the game with. If it was, it implied a bus driver.

I felt really stupid when just a few minutes later I remembered considering StrangerCoug as an option, and then subsequently decided that posting volume is correlated with nightkillability and that I should target Coug instead of MoI.
Crazy how that memory getting jogged just at the right time works so nicely, huh?

How about you get back to the part where you tell us why you got to cause StrangerCougar to get the virus? What did the mod tell you the reason was that you were picked for it?
popsofctown wrote:@saying that explaining how to misuse the ability as scum is suspicious: What the heck? I had to give StrangerCoug a reason to pass back and forth with me, and since people like you exist and make me claim things that dont need claiming, justify my actions. That's why I revealed that info. Any scum who can't figure out that strategy on their own is braindead.
So it is okay to tell scum strategy because they probably aren't braindead. No, doesn't work that way.
popsofctown wrote:Further more, if I AM scum, already know the strategy! If I were scum I would have shared it last night with all my partners in case they get infected, since everyone suspected the virus might come back. The fact you pointed out antitown behavior but didn't realize that it doesn't make sense in any way for actually showing me to be scum makes me suspect you know that I'm town.
Ah, the OMGUS FOS. Yeah I've been riding you a while, figured this was coming.

Giving the scum pro scum ideas is bad for town and should never be done. You did it which implies you either didn't realize that, or you did but don't care. If you don't care, it probably means you are scum.

Did you ever think that the scum would not be able to hide the virus unless they started the day with the virus??? You could have made the suggestion to use the virus as a 2nd lynch without ever bringing up the back and forth between scum. If the bomb disappeared, or someone mysteriously died, we track the recipients.

SC, who did you pass it to? Pops, okay.

Pops, who did you pass it to?

Lather, Rinse, Repeat until you find the scum.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by implosion »

EBWOP: I didn't read diddin's posts, nvm.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

diddin wrote:TMH is scum. Remind me again how directing a vig power to yourself is protown? Also, he passed me his ability. It's pretty much a "busdriver" ability that I can only imagine mafia would have.

Vote: themanhimself

Also posting townreads and the like is NOT a scumtell like you seem to think. You obviously haven't realized that Parama does stuff like this regardless of alignment.
For implosion.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:40 pm