DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:36 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

If we're doing the claim thing by MoI (who we now know as town) then I was a Firewall (Doctor) and have cycled my ability on to the person I thought was most towny.

As for LMP's case against me I know my play yesterday was awful and I have plenty of excuses and reasoning for it - but I am not gonna blather on about it, rather I'll try to be more scumhunty instead.

I think Diddin is probably scum, his whole narrowing down our dayvig choices and then never actually shooting until it was way way late in the day

and beyond that I'm not sure, I need to go back and look.

Edit: I don't like TMH's claim about the day-vigging. I don't see why you'd do that and interfere with us seeing how Diddin would behave

Ninja'd: I agree that the democratic process while theroretically ideal did shit all for the town, and I think that as LMP said you should just take a shot and live with the consequences. Voting on it gives scum the chance to manipulate the vote.

And while LMP is on my case, I actually find him to be quite town, and admit my play yesterday was pretty sucky, but I was overwhelmed and trying to lay low with my doc abilities - clearly I did a shit all job of that too LOL
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:39 am

Post by themanhimself »

I don't know whether diddin is scum and that argument could be used for any use of the abilty. It's an anti-town ability so I sent it to someone that I suspect to be scum so if I day-vig him or we lynch him it's two birds with one stone. I sent the day-vig ability to myself because I'm the only confirmed town that I know of. If voting for the ability is pointless then vote for me to use it however I want and if that's the majority at my deadline then that's what I'll do.

@WC- It varies
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:43 am

Post by quadz08 »

TMH: you suck at thinking. Seriously.

LynchMePls: I completely disagree about vigging democratically, but we've worn this discussion out already.

Also, I had the Hibernate ability. I was bulletproof (not unkillable, just bulletproof).

P-Edit: Holy SHIT TMH. You sent anti-town ability to someone you think is scummy? Are you kidding me? I hope your reads are as bad as your play, or he'd better get lynched TODAY.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Bunnylover »

@TMH: Its kinda terrible that you gave yourself the dayvig ability. You were under attack yesterday and that is the reason you took the ability. You know that as long as you have this ability you more then likely won't be lynched today as town would like to keep this ability alive. You are looking out to save yourself, you didn't fear that scum might get the ability because if scum did get it , so what? They are going to use it in a pro-town effect so we view that person as pro-townie. They might have even killed one or two of their buddies.
FOS TMH

@LMP: Your second to last quote of DBE seems like scum hunting to me. He calls out a possible WC and Diddin scum team, but ruins it by setting up the WIFOM situation.

PREVIEW EDIT:
STOP SAYING YOUR ABILITIES. THAT WAS NOT PART OF MOI PLAN.
All your supposed to say is that you passed on an ability.
Again:
If you had a Cycling Power that you pasted on N1 claim so in your first post. DO NOT say who you passed it to or what the power was.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:55 am

Post by LimMePls »

@quadz: One of two possibilities exist. The person with the dayvig ability is town, or the person with the dayvig ability is scum.

IF TOWN: Then letting them take the shot leaves the dayvig target solely in the hands of a townie. This is a good thing.
IF SCUM: Then letting them take the shot leaves them solely responsible for the choice, and allows the town to draw conclusions about the player based on the choice made to help discern the dayvig's alignment. This is a good thing.

By voting on it, we get the worst of both worlds. The shot is now controlled at least partially by scum input, AND we can't discern the alignment of the dayvig based on the decision, because they can disown the decision as not there own. The only possible upside is that you force interactions from everyone by requiring a vig-vote, BUT WE ALREADY GET THIS FROM REGULAR VOTES!
Bunnylover wrote:@LMP: Your second to last quote of DBE seems like scum hunting to me. He calls out a possible WC and Diddin scum team, but ruins it by setting up the WIFOM situation.
@Bunnylover: And if Darla actually did anything about it, such as questioning those players, or voting them, or anything like that, then I might agree with you. But what did Darla do at the end of that post? BANDWAGON VOTE THE MISLYNCH OF THE DAY FOR TERRIBLE REASONS WITHOUT PURSUING THE DIDDIN/WC THING AT ALL. Also everything she said about diddin/WC had already been said ad nauseam by multiple other players. It was completely unoriginal, and in my mind, not at all scum hunting. They were statements designed to blend in with some popular town sentiment at the time.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:58 am

Post by LimMePls »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:If we're doing the claim thing by MoI (who we now know as town) then I was a Firewall (Doctor) and have cycled my ability on to the person I thought was most towny.

As for LMP's case against me I know my play yesterday was awful and I have plenty of excuses and reasoning for it - but I am not gonna blather on about it, rather I'll try to be more scumhunty instead.

**SNIP**

And while LMP is on my case, I actually find him to be quite town, and admit my play yesterday was pretty sucky, but I was overwhelmed and trying to lay low with my doc abilities - clearly I did a shit all job of that too LOL
Note both Darla's admission that her play was terrible and attempt to buddy me.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:05 am

Post by quadz08 »

LMP wrote: By voting on it, we get the worst of both worlds. The shot is now controlled at least partially by scum input, AND we can't discern the alignment of the dayvig based on the decision, because they can disown the decision as not there own. The only possible upside is that you force interactions from everyone by requiring a vig-vote, BUT WE ALREADY GET THIS FROM REGULAR VOTES!
But if we do it democratically, then it's essentially 2 lynches per day. This means that we get twice the info that we'd get from a lynch. Yes, it absolves a single person from responsibility, but we gain more information about the entire town.
LMP wrote:Note both Darla's admission that her play was terrible and attempt to buddy me.
This. Weaksauce, Darla. Step it up.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:25 am

Post by LimMePls »

quadz08 wrote:But if we do it democratically, then it's essentially 2 lynches per day. This means that we get twice the info that we'd get from a lynch. Yes, it absolves a single person from responsibility, but we gain more information about the entire town.
But we're already getting this information from regular votes. Diminishing returns would tell you that it's much less valuable than the tool we'd have in watching a single player make the decision. It's like being told we can have cake AND pie, but just wanting extra cake instead! That would be... FOOLISH!

That being said, I think this argument is headed into distraction land, so I'd like to take this up again in endgame to discuss this further.

V/LA on weekends
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

vote: Darla

I intend to agree with LMP here, I'm still not fond of CKD at all.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Prama too. After he came back and pretty much said "I can't scum hunt without an ability!!!"

Call it in the air, lazy town or scum?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:32 am

Post by WrathChild »

The reason I asked about the Mafia Night vs. Day Chat is that LMP seems to have significantly picked up his effort today. I'm thankfull for the increase in effort, but suspicious it may have been coached overnight.

I agree DBE needs to pick it up.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Parama »

themanhimself wrote:
Parama wrote:Lat is confirmed town
Anyway, I want an explanation for this and until I get one VOTE: Parama.
Here's your explanation:

<insert explanation here>

vote: themanhimself
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:44 am

Post by LimMePls »

WrathChild wrote:The reason I asked about the Mafia Night vs. Day Chat is that LMP seems to have significantly picked up his effort today. I'm thankfull for the increase in effort, but suspicious it may have been coached overnight.

I agree DBE needs to pick it up.
I LOL'd. I don't need coaching.

Multiple people with the "DBE needs to pick it up" not voting anyone.
FOS
all of them.

V/LA on weekends
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:48 am

Post by themanhimself »

Wow parama. What are the odds the mod lied to us and parama is actually a jester?
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Parama »

themanhimself wrote:Wow parama. What are the odds the mod lied to us and parama is actually a jester?
TMH just claimed scum btw.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:49 am

Post by diddin »

TMH is scum. Remind me again how directing a vig power to yourself is protown? Also, he passed me his ability. It's pretty much a "busdriver" ability that I can only imagine mafia would have.

Vote: themanhimself

Also posting townreads and the like is NOT a scumtell like you seem to think. You obviously haven't realized that Parama does stuff like this regardless of alignment.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Parama »

stop meta defending me, diddin. i'm doing awesome stuff
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Parama »

diddin wrote:Also, he passed me his ability. It's pretty much a "busdriver" ability that I can only imagine mafia would have.
also, lurn 2 reed nub. all abilities were distributed randomly. plus how do you know tmh passed you his ability?
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

diddin wrote:It's pretty much a "busdriver" ability that I can only imagine mafia would have.
roles don't show alignment.

edit: ninja'd!!!

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:23 am

Post by diddin »

themanhimself wrote:Seems like a good idea to me. I had the power to change the cycle of night choices for N1. For example, I could tell the mod to send diddin's power to someone else regardless of who diddin tried to send it to. I sent the day-vig ability to myself and the person who got my redirect power knows who they are probably figured out why I sent it to them. I'm all for using my power democratically
Learn to fucking read Parama.

TMH was arguably the second most popular lynch candidate yesterday. Why would he, as town, pass a powerful ability to himself if he knew he could be lynched today and lose the power? There's absolutely no town motive to. At all.

I'm going to love being confirmed town tomorrow.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:29 am

Post by LimMePls »

diddin wrote:TMH is scum. Remind me again how directing a vig power to yourself is protown? Also, he passed me his ability. It's pretty much a "busdriver" ability that I can only imagine mafia would have.

Vote: themanhimself

Also posting townreads and the like is NOT a scumtell like you seem to think. You obviously haven't realized that Parama does stuff like this regardless of alignment.
If you're right, I'm thinking you probably are, you're still doing it wrong. TMH is for tomorrow, after he's been forced to pass the dayvig to another player.

V/LA on weekends
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:32 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

I am curious to know about this bus driving ability. Does it just switch two powers like TMH is suggesting, or do all powers get randomly distributed?

Also @ everyone that pushed for a lynch of Powerox with his ability, do you still think that was a pro-town move?
Everyone that voted for him or pushed his lynch after he claimed is high on my suspect list.

I also would like to hear the multiple reasons TMH said he had for wanting that role out of the game?
As MOI said, now that is out of the game, there is no reason not to answer that.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:35 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

popsofctown wrote:All powers in this game cycle except the scum nightkill.

His power is antitown, it's more useful for endgame quickhammering than it is for letting townies get more say in the lynch, since it's more about exposing who's scum than having enough voting power to take the player down.

Feel oh so free to hammer this guy.
TMH is the winner, but here is your runner up. Two posts after the claim, the first post being mine where I ask if it Cycles.

TMH has a very pro town role, and I agree that he probably kept it to buy himself some time. He is the lynch tomorrow.

This is my vote today:

vote popsofctown
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:44 am

Post by LimMePls »

@DARLA

LynchMePls wrote: @Darla: List 3 players who are scum and why.
Don't dodge this again.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:45 am

Post by LimMePls »

diddin wrote:
themanhimself wrote:Seems like a good idea to me. I had the power to change the cycle of night choices for N1. For example, I could tell the mod to send diddin's power to someone else regardless of who diddin tried to send it to. I sent the day-vig ability to myself and the person who got my redirect power knows who they are probably figured out why I sent it to them. I'm all for using my power democratically
Learn to fucking read Parama.

TMH was arguably the second most popular lynch candidate yesterday. Why would he, as town, pass a powerful ability to himself if he knew he could be lynched today and lose the power? There's absolutely no town motive to. At all.

I'm going to love being confirmed town tomorrow.
How would this make you confirmed town tomorrow? If he used an ability to steal it from you, it doesn't mean you passed it to him.

V/LA on weekends

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”