WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:30 am

Post by WrathChild »

I saw no reason that his ability would not cycle.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:31 am

Post by themanhimself »

It was an anti-town ability regardless, scum having the power to secretly hammer under no accountability is the absolute last thing we need.
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:35 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Magnaofillusion’s Guide to How to Handle Cycling Powers

What to do Day 2 (after the first Night)

If you had a Cycling Power that you pasted on N1 claim so in your first post. DO NOT say who you passed it to or what the power was.

Exceptions

Diddin should claim who he passed the Dayvig Power to and explain why.
Implosion should claim who he passed the Treestump Power to and explain why.

If you had a Cycling Power that gave you a result that provides positive information for Town (a Cop Guilty, a Hider target that didn’t cause you to die) you should also claim your Power and the result so the information isn’t possibly lost. Note for this purpose I don’t consider Cop Innocent results or Player X went nowhere results as positive information.

If you received a Cycling Power after N1 (or after any Night)
– Say nothing about that.

Exceptions

If you received the Dayvig or Treestump Powers they are going to be self-evident so claim you received them to confirm Diddin / Implosion’s story.

What do to Day 3 (after the second Night and every successive Night)

If you passed a Cycling Power N1 and did not reveal who you passed it to Day 2 do so in your first post of Day 3. Said play should be confirming they passed an ability N2 and thus confirm your story.

If you had a Cycling Power that you passed on N2 claim so in your first post. DO NOT say who you passed it to or what the power was.

If you received a Cycling Power after N2
– Say nothing.

The same exceptions apply and new ones may develop as the game progresses.

Lather, rinse, repeat and establish links for endgame
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:37 am

themanhimself wrote:It was an anti-town ability regardless, scum having the power to secretly hammer under no accountability is the absolute last thing we need.
No it isn't. If scum were to do so they would IMMEDIATELY BE OUTED BY THE TOWN WHO PASSED IT TO THEM.

But thanks for playing.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:42 am

Post by themanhimself »

You're ruling out several extremely common and/or likely scenarios with that, I can think of at least three ways scum could get and use it with no accountability and I'm sure there are more.
If P then Q.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:42 am

themanhimself wrote:You're ruling out several extremely common and/or likely scenarios with that, I can think of at least three ways scum could get and use it with no accountability and I'm sure there are more.
Name them.

themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:46 am

Post by themanhimself »

No. Why would I give out ideas on how to do that? That's retarded. Besides, it doesn't matter, the ability is gone.
If P then Q.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:29 am

themanhimself wrote:No. Why would I give out ideas on how to do that? That's retarded. Besides, it doesn't matter, the ability is gone.
Because with the ability gone I'm asking you to provide reasoning why the ability was so Anti-Town.

Town Doublevoters are handy roles to have.

The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:18 am

Post by The Eruci »

:: Final Day One VoteCount ::

LynchMePls (0) -

RedCoyote (1) -
StrangerCoug

MagnaOfIllusion (0) -

themanhimself (5) -
RedCoyote, Powerrox93, I Am Innocent, Parama, Lateralus22

Lateralus22 (0) -

WrathChild (0) -

curiouskarmadog (0) -

Powerrox93 (12) -
q21, Nero Cain, MagnaofIllusion, quadz08, popsofctown, themanhimself, DarlaBlueEyes, chkflip, diddin, Saint, Bunnylover, WrathChild
[Lynched.]
quadz08 (0) -

chkflip (0) -

Nero Cain (1) -
curiouskarmadog

DarlaBlueEyes (1) -
LynchMePls

q21 (0) -

diddin (0) -

popsofctown (0) -

Bunnylover (0) -

I Am Innocent (0) -

StrangerCoug (0) -

Parama (0) -

Implosion (0) -

nhammen (0) -

Saint (1) -

Not Voting (2) -
implosion, nhammen

Lynch has been reached at 12 votes.

Modscene forthcoming...
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:02 am

Post by The Eruci »

Information cascaded down their terminals, fingers flying across keyboards. Voices shouted, whispered, raged, all searching for truth.

"HIT THE F*CKING BUTTON. KLL HIM KILL HIM OR I WILL F*CKING KILL YOU"
The channels went silent, all startled by the fury that had driven one undetermined subject to that level.

The voice reverberated through the comm channel again.

"KILL HIM NOW."

One of the subjects's eyes floated slowly up to the panel in front of him, and he slammed that damning button.

Elsewhere in the chamber, a terminal was silenced.

Disconnected from the simulation, the Judges watched on.

Powerrox93,
Eruci
, Lynched Day 1.

Powerrox93
was in possession of the
Double Voter
ability.

Night One begins now.

Deadline for actions and Cycling Choices is Friday January 14th, 2011, at 7:00pm EST.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:39 am

Post by The Eruci »

A strike of colored light protruded from the central mechanism, arching towards someone's terminal. A quick scream, then silence as they were whisked away from the simulation.
Then another strike like a lightning bolt hit elsewhere, reducing the the subjects number's yet again.

The chamber echoed with the sharp noise of the two bolts, but slowly faded to silence yet again.

MagnaofIllusion,
Eruci
, shotgunned Night 1.

chkflip,
Eruci
, purged Night 1.

chkflip
was in possession of the
Ability Remover
ability.

//Loading Subjects
//....Loaded: 19
//Status: Commence
//Chamber: x679
//Cycle: 2
//Sequence: Day

//EXECUTE --N

Day Two begins now.

Deadline for Day Two is Thursday January 27th, 2011, at 7:00pm EST.
Last edited by The Eruci on Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:49 am

Post by themanhimself »

Hrm.... so I'm guessing there's an SK? Either that or a vig but if there's a vig the ability probably cycles so I don't know that it's much use trying to get anything from that.
Parama wrote:Lat is confirmed town
Anyway, I want an explanation for this and until I get one VOTE: Parama.
Also, who has the hot potato for today? I've reason beyond our previous speculation to believe that it came back today but I'll get into that a little later.
If P then Q.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:51 am

Post by LimMePls »

Vote: DarlaBlueEyes

Everyone should do this. The slot has pretty much 0 scum hunting, all go with the flow, and DBE made some particularly terrible posts that I would be happy to point out and/or discuss if anyone didn't see them.

Please ISO Narsis/Darla. Then vote for her.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:59 am

Post by quadz08 »

In a shocking turn of events, I have decided to

VOTE: diddin.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:00 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

OMGUS!

No but really - I would like to hear from you why I am so much scummier than anyone else, something besides ISO.

Also I agree with the Parama explaining thing - I asked about it yesterday and he totally ignored the question from me and a couple others.

(edit: gar ninja'd)
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:01 am

Post by LimMePls »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:something besides ISO
I LOL'd.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:02 am

Post by themanhimself »

LynchMePls wrote:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:something besides ISO
I LOL'd.
Yeah, that makes no sense. You might as well say "what's scummy about me besides the things I've posted?"
If P then Q.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:05 am

Post by quadz08 »

Ooh, also. Are we still going to follow MoI's plan, illustrated in post 827? I think it's a good idea, but I don't want to if most of us disagree with it.

P-EDIT: What tmh and lmp said.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:12 am

Post by LimMePls »

Here are the following posts that come from scum-Darla, all for the obvious reasons:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Arg. Okay I had a wordpad open full of all my notes as I read through, but the fucking computer updated itself and restarted while I was making me some nachos. SO. I am just going to try and vaguely reconstruct my basic impression of things that stand out as notable, as well as my take on the current day-vig candidates for didden, (which by the way, I support the majority ruling/vote/decision what have you on too.)

ANYWAYS. Again, with the delays, apologies and a post is being typed up now with my actual content. :D
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Okay, I am having a really hard time getting my head around previous posts, this is my first game in like, a year, so I apologize for being rusty, so instead of trying to voice opinions on what has happened thus far, I am just going to throw myself into the fray and ask that if anyone has any specific questions they'd like my take on to please ask them, and as for the vig vote, I am torn between many but I agree that so far Helghast seems to be the most reasonable candidate, though I am finding WC to be highly irrational and seems to be trying to change his take on everything to get any and all FoSes off him.

So, to sum up:
Vig Vote: Helghast
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I cannot help that I am overwhelmed by my own inadequacies and 22 pages of long ass posts. It's been a longgggg time since I've played, just getting my feet wet again. I hardly think that's enough to constitute a lynch. As for no lynch vote I am still reviewing and it seems pretty detrimental to the town to vote blindly or simply bandwagon onto someone.

As for my read on Nero, gimmie a few to go examine his play so far and I will report back with an answer
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I am incredibly sorry to replace in and then be busy guys, this weekend should signal the end of my failings though, so please bear with me. As per promised looking back I find Nero to be a bit aggressive and a little suspicious but I am not getting a major scum vibe off him (I forget who asked my read)

and so far I find the most suspicion in Helghast and find it a bit annoying that diddin is stalling so much major FoS there. If he fails to shoot I am voting him as mentioned above for Lynch All Liars policy.

For now,
vote Helghast
he seems the most likely candidate for scum from play, and if diddin isn't lying and manages to get in his vig, we'll at least have that information to base our lynch on. Also, I agree with the attempting to direct the doc = scummy, and is a big no no for town.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Well...fuck....that went well. /sarcasm

Prior to the lynch I was most suss of WC and Diddin with his stalling, and while I still have a small pinky fos on Diddin, I am looking back over WC posts right now to remind myself of the specifics of why I found him scummy and will list them should i decide to vote because my content level so far has been disgusting.

Saturday I will be fully here though! <3
This one in particular. The oh noes, that went bad for us is so obviously coming from scum.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:The end of my busyness and inactivity is at an end!

Skimming back over posts previously, I still find early/mid D1 actions of WC to be a bit scummy, but as pointed out by many of you (and I honestly was too busy to notice on my own) diddin's narrowing it down to just those two, (and Helghast flipping town) make me cautious of outright lynching WC because I am more suspicious of diddin than him, and if diddin were scum, then he'd likely have narrowed it down to townies...unless of course (WIFOM!) he knew we'd come to this conclusion and actually chose his scum buddy WC because he hoped he might be able to swayit onto Helg, and if he had to vig WC he'd look grand for having hit a a scum, and ARGH. I hate WIFOM. Gives me headache.

Anyways, enough babbling, I am going to hold off on my vote of WC for now, and while part of me would like to see diddin hanged today, I concede that town or scum, he'd be useful to us for another dayvig (hopefully...)

and after that,
Powerrox93 wrote:
themanhimself wrote:I hate to be the guy that says this, but we've had
three
townie deaths today..... maybe a no lynch wouldn't be such a bad idea?
UNVOTE:
VOTE: themanhimself
No Lynch is only good when a game is at MyLo. And I would be
REEAALLYY
surprised if a large game where at MyLo already with three town deaths.
Only scum would suggest No Lynch in non-MyLo-situations.

Speaking of WIFOM - ffs.

vote: powerrox
Still not 1 single instance of Darla even attempting to hunt scum. More go with the flow, ended with a weak ass hop onto the mislynch-of-the-day(TM) wagon, despite the earlier quote "As for no lynch vote I am still reviewing and it seems pretty detrimental to the town to vote blindly or simply bandwagon onto someone."
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Wow. I am so confused LOL. I need to brush up on game mechanics better now that I have been away so long. The secret vote/whatever the hell that is, that's not actually confirmed yet, right? I get the impression MOD isn't going to be answering us there, and

Parama how do you know Lat is confirmed town exactly?

Rereading the last three pages as I feel a bit whirlwinded.

Also don't quite know what to think about pops replacing out when he was that close to a lynch...seems a bit fishy to me.
Add to that Narsis' complete lack of participation, and this slot is doing absolutely everything it can to provide no substantive help to town, while weak-ass bandwagonning yesterday's mislynch. This slot is scum. Vote accordingly.

@Darla: List 3 players who are scum and why.

V/LA on weekends
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:15 am

Post by themanhimself »

Seems like a good idea to me. I had the power to change the cycle of night choices for N1. For example, I could tell the mod to send diddin's power to someone else regardless of who diddin tried to send it to. I sent the day-vig ability to myself and the person who got my redirect power knows who they are probably figured out why I sent it to them. I'm all for using my power democratically
If P then Q.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:26 am

Post by LimMePls »

^this is a fine lynch as well.

Taking the dayvig and then doing the whole "democratically" thing again is so terrible. In fact, taking the dayvig at all is something I'd expect from a scummer with your ability.

tmh can hang too.

V/LA on weekends
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:30 am

Post by themanhimself »

Why wouldn't I take it? Diddin could very well have decided to send it to scum or dumb town who would just vig whomever they felt like and hit someone wrong, this way I know it's in safe hands and that it can be used as a second lynch. However, I'm not gonna stall like diddin did. I have to wait for the virus to be activated in order to use so 48 hours after it's activated, I'm day-vigging whoever has the most votes. I'm only going to count one vote from each person and bolding helps. Nor am I going to narrow it down. Whoever has the most votes (excepting me of course) gets vigged.
If P then Q.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:32 am

Post by LimMePls »

Because now we can't use who diddin sent it to as a connection if diddin is in fact scum. Also, if diddin was scum, we'd know it was going to town. Lastly, giving it to yourself is suspect. Could you only steal the power to yourself, or could you redirect it to anyone? If you could send it to anyone, why did you send it to yourself, PARTICULARLY if you are of the belief that using it democratically is the proper way to use the vig.

Taking the vig and then using that terrible "we'll do it democratically" shit is terrible. Did you see how it ended yesterday? Dayvig's should take the best shot they can, and then accept the consequences of their action. Voting on the dayvig is TERRIBLE.

V/LA on weekends
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:33 am

Post by WrathChild »

I got no abilities.

I have a quick meta question. Is it standard to allow scum to talk only at night or can they talk through out the day?

-Preview Edit @TMH: That ability scares me because it screws up the pass-confirm strategy.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Bunnylover »

I passed my ability on.
MoI passed his ability to me. It is clear what ability he had.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”