DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:56 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Fate wrote:SOMEONE GETS A GOLD STAR IF THEY TELL ME WHATS WRONG WITH THIS CHAIN OF THOUGHT.
They both wanted dead-Dana. Someone offers them dead-Dana. They then vote this person.

But I think you're missing the fact that they're making a distinction between dead-Dana and Dizzy-launch. Their problem isn't with the former, it's with the latter. A nuke can hit scum and still be scummy. Remember, you think SP is scum, and he nuked proven scum.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:00 am

Post by danakillsu »

AurorusVox wrote:
Fate wrote:SOMEONE GETS A GOLD STAR IF THEY TELL ME WHATS WRONG WITH THIS CHAIN OF THOUGHT.
They both wanted dead-Dana. Someone offers them dead-Dana. They then vote this person.

But I think you're missing the fact that they're making a distinction between dead-Dana and Dizzy-launch. Their problem isn't with the former, it's with the latter. A nuke can hit scum and still be scummy. Remember, you think SP is scum, and he nuked proven scum.
Oh. I see it now. But chess at least thought that dizzy was scummy before the launch, and could still think so afterward.
Hmmm...I don't feel like getting nuked, since I'm town.
unvote vote: DizzyIzzy
Withdraw your nuke or suffer my wrath.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:13 am

Post by chesskid3 »

dizzy having a nuke
was supposed to nuke me
nuking anyone but me
is not acceptable
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Toogeloo
(11) - Fate, Jack, SocioPath, DizzyIzzy, Mina,
Katsuki
, SpyreX, chesskid3, AurorusVox,
SnakePlissken
, danakillsu
Red scum on this wagon - Dizzzzzzzzzzzzzy+Mina and/or Fate/SP
bunnylover
(10) - Fate, SocioPath, AurorusVox,
Internet Stranger
, danakillsu,
inHimshallibe
, SpyreX, bobsnox, Kitoari, Faraday
Orange scum on this wagon: dana/bobsnox and/or Fate/SP
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Percy »

Reading now, posting soon.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

@ SP/Fate
are you going to nuke Fate/SP tomorrow?
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Kitoari »

Alm seems to be having trouble finding a replacement, so since my life has stabilized I will rescind my request for replacement.

Catching up now.

(Thanks so much! Saves me a lot of trouble. --AGM)
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Kitoari »

But first things first, since I wanna get some use out of this:

Nuke: danakillsu

Third time's the charm!
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

WHAT
THE
FUCK
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Kitoari »

chesskid3 wrote:.................................................................
WHAT
THE
FUCK
So dana does something, you vote him, izzy does the same thing, you vote her, and then I nuke dana and apparently I'm the bad guy now?

I'm confused.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Dana is already being nuked by DizzyIzzy. She never recalled it...so why are you also nuking Dana?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

DANA IS ALREADY NUKED
YOU COULD HAVE NUKED DIZZY
BUT YOU WASTED IT
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Wait, if he recalls can he not nuke a different target?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

nope
1nuke per day
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

>_______<"

Kito. Explain. Now.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Kitoari »

*headdesk*

That's what I get for doing shit before I actually read the damn thread.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by danakillsu »

@ chesskid
I'm confused. Are you actually saying that I might be scum with bobsnox? That seems a bit insane based on in-thread info. Look at my posts about him.
@ Kitoari
Shouldn't you recall it?
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by Kitoari »

I don't think it matters at this point, since I've wasted my shot for the day.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

danakillsu wrote:@ chesskid
I'm confused. Are you actually saying that I might be scum with bobsnox? That seems a bit insane based on in-thread info. Look at my posts about him.
@ Kitoari
Shouldn't you recall it?
either/or
you're both dying so it doesn't really matter.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Mina »

VOTE: Kitoari

I love it when people come out and claim scum.
Kitoari wrote:So dana does something, you vote him, izzy does the same thing, you vote her, and then I nuke dana and apparently I'm the bad guy now?

I'm confused.
There is no way you can be this dense if you're town. You do not understand just
why
it's scummy to waste a nuke on a player who has
already been nuked
?

Dizzy, I know I just moved my vote away from you. But just out of curiosity, why didn't you vig Percy? (Disclaimer: I am absolutely not encouraging anyone to nuke Percy at all. Don't. No one even consider it if you're town, unless you want me to hunt you to the ends of the earth. The only time I got paranoid about Percy while I read this game was when he stuck a bit too hard to his chesskid and AV cases, and then it turned out that his behaviour was perfectly explained by the leaks.) I mean, you were the one being all, "Hey, just a thought, but what if we considered lynching Percy today?" So now that no one liked the idea, what do you think? Should you try to sway the town? Or have you reconsidered?

I'm fine with a dana nuke, since he's been a mild scum read of mine from his D1 Jed vote onward, and his reaction to Jack's pressure, Dizzy's nuke, and the modkills (particularly the "my side" slip that everyone already commented on) feels off. (I can give examples, but there's not much point when dana's dead meat anyway.) I realize that my earlier attack on him was a bit unfair--I didn't realized that Aircraft Carrier was a night action, and thought he'd PM'd AlmasterGM to stop Fate's nuke--but he still gives me the vibe of someone pretending not to care if he's lynched while really being desperate to stay alive. His flip will also help us analyze the codes.

But that said, I'm happy AGM didn't modkill him for a joke. Not only is that following the letter of the rules instead of the spirit, but dana being nuked instead of modkilled is actually fantastic for the town. Modkills usually end the day phase. Now we got an extra nuke to eliminate a suspect as well. (Had Kitoari not been scum or dumb, we'd have got
two
extra nukes.)

Also, why has no one slapped me for not having posted my code analysis? Sometimes, I think that no one actually reads my posts, and my walls are just pretty patterns of letters decorating the thread. But anyway, I think I'm better off waiting until bobsnox's and dana's flips instead of WIFOM-ing through every single combination of roles and alignments. Some of it involved danakillsu not being Tai Chi (although he could still be the other member) IF inHimshallibe was Rogue, because they both targeted Fate on the same night (whereas Rogue targeted e and Tai Chi targeted [other letters]). That might have been helpful were there ever a Russian silo flip.

EBWOPreview (yes, I'm really that slow): Wait, Kitoari, are you seriously saying that you didn't even notice that Dizzy's nuke was real?

AAARRRGGH! *tears hair out*

I hate people. I really hate people.

I'm curious. What exactly did you think Dizzy was doing when she nuked dana? You thought it was a joke? Your quote above seems to imply you didn't know any better, but were just playing dumb to why double-nuking someone is suboptimal. I really don't get what your thought process was here.

Seriously, do you realize why it's very convenient for scum to fake an excuse to waste a nuke like that, instead of narrowing the suspect pool?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

still to be nuked:
mina
dizzy

discuss
KitoMo
KitoMo
Townie
KitoMo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by KitoMo »

I only realized the nuke was real right before THIS post:
Kitoari wrote:...

*headdesk*

I really have nothing to say. It was completely idiotic and I have no idea what I was thinking.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Kitoari »

DOUBLE FAIL, THIS TIME WITH ACCOUNTS

WOW

For ease of iso:
KitoMo wrote:I only realized the nuke was real right before THIS post:
Kitoari wrote:...

*headdesk*

I really have nothing to say. It was completely idiotic and I have no idea what I was thinking.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Mina »

Also, I just realized the forty-eight hours to recall my nuke have elapsed.

bobsnox, just a note for next time, but you really fucked up by giving up like this. I remember Faraday making a comment along the lines of how he isn't prone to doubt. I may possibly be the player
most
prone to doubt on the entirety of mafiascum.

Seriously. You could have posted, "Oh, well. My last reads are that A, B, and C are town, while X, Y, and Z are scum," and I'd have probably broken into a cold sweat and lost my nerve. I am the easiest person to sway with a fake plea ever. You do not realize the magnitude of scumminess required to make me feel
confident
about a vig kill.

(I just remembered another thing that bugged me about dana. He kept trying to appease me whenever I questioned him--which was diametrically opposed to his interaction with Fate. But meh, it doesn't matter now.)
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Percy »

Firstly, Jack is completely spot on with bobsnox scum. IS being C makes perfect sense.

If that's the case, then:
Leak 15 wrote:C is very spot on with his scum reads. He should be our first NK.
bobsnox was called out as a suspect by IS in this post, he is all over dana, and the inHim/VV slot gets a lick in this post. I'm definitely a suspect of his as well, but if bobs is scum with inHim it makes perfect sense for them to want to kill him... But the leaks also suggest bob's scum with Katsuki.... IS's Fate-hate was stronger after the leaked message.

Hmmm. Well, bobs will be dead soon.

Also,
Percy wrote:But seriously SpyreX cancel that nuke on Snake, he's still probably town.
I never understood the Jed-hate, and I didn't understand the Snake-hate, either. I can see SpyreX scum nuking the easy target. I have been getting weird vibes from SpyreX and Fate, and something tells me that SpyreX is playing Fate like a fiddle.
Katsuki wrote:AV seems rather overdefensive over this post HRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Scum here.
Bus?
Katsuki wrote:IF INHIM FLIPS SCUM BATTLESHIP FATE IS HIGHLY GUARENTEED SCUM BUDDY
Bus?

Or it could be scum trying to hunt the other team....
Leak 13 wrote:WE SHALL BUS INTO THE SUNSET, AND WATCH THE SKY TURN RED IN OUR GLORY
Important context, pointed out by Jack:
Jack wrote:He posted it during the toog/fate fight.
Still,
Sociopath wrote:I didn't screw around with QT WIFOM the first game, and certainly wouldn't start now.
I believe SP, and I get a town vibe from him this game. I'd say someone like AV, with his self-confessed brilliance at imitating other people, could just as easily be responsible.

@Sociopath
: I understand that my participation in this game has been sporadic, and the scum code is relatively simple. All I can say is that I'm town, and my access has been legitimately affected by RL.
Jack wrote:AV may be town...hmm.
Why did you say this? I don't follow.
Jack wrote:I forgot, with the lower case letters going the opposite, this:
c on the other hand is easily lynched, even though he is also accurate. They should be the first targets we look at, and it will look like cross-killing.
Is them talking about sociopath.
If that's the case, then I can't see why they would describe him as "accurate", unless this was bobs talking, since SP doesn't like him much...
AurorusVox wrote:RE: Snake...=_="

Ironic that the slot that wanted to control nukes is the first to get nuked.
I WANT THIS LYNCH SO BAD
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:The trouble with the leaks Percy posted is that we can't properly evaluate them with any sort of certainty as to how skeptical we should be of the messages until Percy is confirmed one way or the other. That means he needs to die. The nature of the evesdropped posts suggests that the scum teams are being careful as to the information that is being put in their QT, so they may be quite comfortable with their information or disinformtion being put in the public sphere. They may not decided to kill him. Thus, town has to consider whether it's worth killing Percy ourselves, since as far as I'm aware, that's the only way to be 100% sure of his allegience and thus the context of the messages he's leaked.
It's true that the scum may be happy to introduce WIFOM into the town, and therefore keep me alive. But consider this: neither scumteam can use their quicktopics how they want to; to engage in frank discussion about who they want NKed, about who should be lynched the next day, and so on. The scum will be very relieved when I'm dead, I assure you.
Secondly, there are ways to confirm me other than killing me. For example, you can use the leaks I provided to catch people on both the scumteams.
Finally, I don't see how my death will make you any more certain about any of the leaks.
Could you give me one example of just one leak where the knowledge that I'm town would change your read of it?
Fate wrote:
Many people can "FAKE" my play style.
"FAKE" it FUCKING FAKE IMPLIES FAKE NOT REAL IMPLIES FAKE.

THAT DROPPED QT MESSAGE WAS A LEVEL OF MIMICRY OF SUCH HIGH QUALITY THAT
IT COULD"VE ONLY COME FROM A CHINESE CRYPTOLOGIST MASTERPOSTER SOCIOPATH.
Bolded does not compute. I think this is probably town-Fate rampaging through another bad theory.
Jack wrote:bobsnox nuke is awesome.
Yes.
Jack wrote:ok. bobsnox is the one who we KNOW is in the taichi/rogue mafia group. So if he flips russian, then inhim is rogue (targetting fate, etc). If he flips chinese, then rogue is dana. I think he will flip chinese.
This is my conclusion as well.
Jack wrote:CHINESE--BOBS, KATS, DANA

RUSSIANS--INHIM, AV, DIZZY
I can actually get behind this list. I sure am agreeing with Jack a lot, but that's because he is AWESOME.

Still, I think Kitoari is a fucking great suspect. His attitude towards the chesskid lynch was absolutely terribad.
Jack wrote:dana is the aicraft carrier and targetted fate, rogue targetted "e" which is fate. fate needed to be blocked because he was going to nuke dana. so they wanted to lynch fate instead to save the roleblock. There's no similar kind of "need" for doctor on fate who isn't even on the team! And if he was, lynching him wouldn't help.
The bawwwwing about lack of modkill makes me think Fate might be scum. In my experience only scum get that hot and bothered about modkills. And his defensive nuke mode is :neutral:

These nukes are going to be great, and I still like my vote. No new leaks, will post them if they come.

Summary:
From least likely scum to most likely, it's
{bobsnox, AurorusVox, (DizzyIzzy + Kitoari), danakillsu, chesskid3, Fate, SpyreX, Mina, Faraday, Sociopath, Jack}
...in decreasing order of scummitude. I don't know how chesskid's done it, but I think he's town now. If he's scum then I will be seriously impressed.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”