RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

@Dizzle It doesn't prove anything, which is why there's not vote. But it just seems conveniant that you would do that, like the only real reason to announce that you almost hammered would be so you could later prove that you're not related to DGB.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by AntB »

Legend is a bit broad in that context so I'll address both possible referances
1 - Meta) I don't like meta. I will use it in rare circumstances but IMO its pretty worthless
2 - Your table) I read it as towniest at the top, scummiest at the bottom, you have me second from top on questionable and second scumspect. If its in no specific order you should clarify when you post to prevent mis-interpretation.
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

AntB wrote:If its in no specific order you should clarify when you post to prevent mis-interpretation.
Been doing this for ages, I don't usually have to mention it, but it's never ordered within categories. Meta...
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Guderian »

The legend of DGB needs some more votes.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Darox »

Man you know I can't help buddying you Goofball.

P.S. People actually believed that claim? I thought people were being silly and playing along for the joke.
veridis
veridis
Goon
veridis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:14 am

Post by veridis »

*facepalm*
Two of our most expereinced players are seriously pulling the "LOL, jks" defence.
Darox it has been obvious for a while now that people are taking posts seriously, from DH's "/notchainsawdefending", vezo's intentionally scummy vote, and DGB's hated townie claim, why do you continue joking about buddying?
There's something between you and DBG, if it's outside the game leave it outside, for now I'm reading it as scummy.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:10 am

Post by Dark Horse »

Ross, if I had made that post for proof that we're not connected, then why would DGB say the "I'm bot voting him for the whole game", which would get this communication suspicioun thing started?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:22 am

Post by Darox »

Dark Horse's /notchainsawdefending was in his first post, about player names.
Vezo is honestly about as clever as a panicked field mouse.
Goofball is a bundle of absurdity.
I'm just a dick who likes messing with people.

So no, I'm currently not treating anything in this game too seriously right now. They have protown/scum slants, but I'm not exactly treating them as damning evidence.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:26 am

Post by palmertrou »

DGB wrote:palmetrou is scum, for the entirety of his
oeuvre
What? Because I want you to answer questions I've asked of you from like 3/4 pages ago? Not just mine either. If anyones name should be in this statement it's you or/and Vezo.
Reminder to self. Don't post drunk.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:32 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

palmertrou wrote:
DGB wrote:palmetrou is scum, for the entirety of his
oeuvre
What? Because I want you to answer questions I've asked of you from like 3/4 pages ago? Not just mine either. If anyones name should be in this statement it's you or/and Vezo.
No, because of every single one of your posts. Do you want me to go through them one by one?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:40 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Palmetrou is trying to push cases on easy lynches. Somehow he doesn't say anything about DH even if he could accuse him of being scum with DGB. I.E. He doesn't care who he is trying to lynch. He is just trying to lynch someone.
unvote
vote palmetrou
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:21 am

Post by palmertrou »

DGB wrote:No, because of every single one of your posts. Do you want me to go through them one by one?
As long as you answer the questions first.
Vezo wrote:Palmetrou is trying to push cases on easy lynches. Somehow he doesn't say anything about DH even if he could accuse him of being scum with DGB. I.E. He doesn't care who he is trying to lynch. He is just trying to lynch someone.
1) you're making associative links as evidence which is phooey.
2) weren't you the one who posted 3 votes in the first 5 posts? Hypocracy.
3) 'easy lynches'? I'm looking for scum, if scum want to make it easy then that is their fault.
4) It's day 1. There are a lack of people taking the game serious and pushing cases. It's worrying. Now I'm standing out for it? Who is in the wrong here?

My read on goofball wasn't that he was scum with DH in that 'never going to vote DH' comment. It was just more probable to me that goofball was up to something else: i.e. buddying up early/breadcrumbing.
Whatever it was it was designed to be noticed, and it's not obvious why. I refuse to believe it's because Goofball has a read on DH that early which he claims. With his reputation I'm surprised by his lack of caution. Lack of caution, possible knowledge of all allingments.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 am

Post by palmertrou »

in addition to that last comment about Goofball and DH the possibility of a mason pairing was brought up. I don't think this is the case. I don't really have a meta gauge on goofball but from what others have said apparently [anchorman]'I'm kinda a big deal, people know me.'[/anchorman]. With this in mind I don't think he'd play as a mason so badly like that. So what the hell is he up to if not a mason and not a valid read on DH? Reaction testing? Humour?
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:02 am

Post by palmertrou »

also, what is meant by cults? Does that mean masons?
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:40 am

Post by AntB »

@DripingGoofball
I avoid using meta. It can lead to misreads and removes some of the hunt and can lead to mis-reads. My view is "If its not in-game, then its not in the game." Its only in rare circumstances I consider meta.
Show

G+
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:03 am

Post by Ghostlin »

@DGB: Maybe I'm a bit slow, but you said Vezo's leaning town. Can you help me out with some explanation on why you think that? (Fair warning: I'm not a big fan of 'too dumb to be scum'.) I just want to see the countercase from someone not associated with that argument.

Also, maybe I missed this, but if you like palmer for scum, why isn't your vote on him?

@Vezo: The whole thing you mention about DH says one thing and he's not low on the suspects list, but the votes say another. The only one really active on the DH wagon on the last vote count was you. I think DH is still at one vote with palmer's vote and your unvote.

1) If he wanted to bus someone, wouldn't it be easier to leave it on the wagon with the most folks on it, logically, for the easy lynch? What evidence that he's voting/unvoting rapidly to bus and try to catch innocent townies?
2) You've voted/unvoted a lot this game. Any comment about that?
3) Besides the argument about palmer, putting that aside for the minute: would YOU still support a DH lynch? Why or why not?

@palmer: I realize you had to defend the attack against Vezo, but you still sound like you're not convinced she's town. Why the change to Dark Horse and do you still like Vezo as a Day 1 lynch, and if not, then who?

Some reads I have:
1) Vezo: You're still my favorite. Your cases are somewhat paltry, and you've already admitted to doing something that could potentially hurt town. The only weakness I have with accusing you of scum would be the only partner I could hang it on is palmer or DGB.
2) DGB: I'm not sure what to think anymore. My overreaction earlier I can only say was the fact that I've never played on a Mini Theme before. The quadruple hated townie thing could still have been an anti vote scum deflect; and your choice of claiming DH as town is curious. Another question for you is, are you serious about that?
3) Dark Horse: Possible only if you accept DGB is scum; I hate this thinking, because it all dead ends at WIFOM. I've not seen any thing in your play that screams scumplay here. Also, the character names thing...what are you grasping at with that? I'm curious.
4) Ant B: Could you expound on your views of meta for me please? I see it's used a lot here.
5) Palmer: The rapid vote for DH confuses me still: I usually don't go after secondary suspects Day 1, it's sorta a difficult thing to gadge. Why are you on the DH wagon?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:38 am

Post by palmertrou »

ghostlin wrote:5) Palmer: The rapid vote for DH confuses me still: I usually don't go after secondary suspects Day 1, it's sorta a difficult thing to gadge. Why are you on the DH wagon?
I'm not voting for dark horse. Never have. He's actually one of my few town reads.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Ghostlin »

I'm not voting for dark horse. Never have. He's actually one of my few town reads.
Bwah. Ignore that, then. I misinterpreted what Vezo said. Although, can I ask: DH/DGB. IF not a scumbuddy, why would DGB absolutely refuse to vote him?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Dark Horse »

Also, the character names thing...what are you grasping at with that? I'm curious.
If he claimed something like "most popular secret agent", that doesn't seem like a role that would be hated, does it? Depending on what he claimed and how that could relate to being quad-hated, it could increase/decrease the authenticucy (pretty sure I spelled that wrong) of his quad-hated claim.
DH/DGB. IF not a scumbuddy, why would DGB absolutely refuse to vote him?
I honestly don't know. However, I keep thinking it's some sort of scum code, though I'm not 100% of this.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Guderian »

V/LA until this Saturday afternoon, and maybe even sunday. Was unexpected, and I didn't plan for it at all. Will get back in as soon as I possibly can. Thank you.

-Gud
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:39 am

Post by Seacore »

Vote count 1.3

RossWilliam (2) -
DrippingGoofball, Dark Horse

DrippingGoofball (1) -
Guderian

vezokpiraka (3) -
palmertrou, Ghostlin, AntB

Darox (1) -
veridis

Ghostlin (1) -
Darox

palmertrou (1) -
vezokpiraka

Not Voting (3) - Xalxe, The Jester, RossWilliam

With 12 alive, 7 votes were needed for the lynch

Deadline midnight 18 January, countdown viewable here

In answer to the cult question. Cult (as a mechanic rather than just as flavour) usually refers to a scum team that is able to recruit. It is usually disliked because it makes past town reads invalid every single Day.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by palmertrou »

Darox, your vote on Ghostlin is just because of jester speculation right? You don't see anything scummier than that at the moment?
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by AntB »

@Ghostlin
I find meta interferes with games too much. If a person has been around long enough (such as DrippingGoofball) then it can simply because a case of "spot the difference" between town and scum plays, eliminating (imo) half the point (and half the fun) in playing Mafia.

A smart player can also analyse their own play and locate their own town/scum tells and then adjust their play accordingly. While this is encouraged to improve how you play, it can also be used to throw people off the track with no effort.

Example:
PlayerX is new on site, unknown to all as an Alt account meaning this player is already experienced in playing Mafia, some people will take consideration of the Join Date and think "OMG Newb let him get on with it". PlayerX now proceeds to play a total of 5 games, all 5 are town. He plays a consistently across all 5 as a scummy player and accordingly gets lynched before D3, building his meta as a generally scummy player which should be either ignored or closely monitored. The next game he is given a scum role. The players in this game all look at his meta half way through D1 and then just think "he plays scummy, let him pass". PlayerX now has an easy ride as scum.

Following general theme and flavour, each game takes place in a different place with different people. As so, I treat it as such and each player is considered on their actions
in-game
and this also prevents me making false assumptions based on a players history.
Show

G+
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Darox »

The only problem with Meta is some people treat it like it has any meaning at all.

I don't trust myself to stay consistent between days, let alone between mafia games.
veridis
veridis
Goon
veridis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by veridis »

Well despite not trusting yourself, the vote on Ross that I voted you for does seem somewhat consistent with whatever playstyle you've got going on in here. I don't like it, but it no longer reads definite scum to me.
UNVOTE: Darox, though I'm uncomfortable with how you and DGB seem happy to mislead the thread for a number of days.

Vezo on the other hand just gets worse and worse. 9 posts, 4 different votes, 2 without reasons (the first one I can forgive), and the 2 reasons she's given for her votes (DH being 3rd vote on wagon/bandwagoning, Palmer looking desperately for a lynch anywhere he can) apply just as much to her as to her accused.
VOTE: vezokpiraka

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”