RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Ok, Dark Horse, let's see. I said I think a vote for pressure could help reveal role information. I said that DGB was being cryptic because she was dropping hints without being clear. She was scaring everyone and trying to get everyone worked up about her apparent low-vote count without actually being clear about anything really. I'd call that cryptic. I've said all this already.

What am I going to do, start a bandwagon on you? How is anything you're saying right now productive at all? Do you want to have me keep repeating myself and murking up the thread so no one'll notice how little you're helping the town?
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by AntB »

DrippingGoofball wrote:In other news, Dark Horse is town, and I'm not voting him all game
Either we have a neighbour, scum playing an usual game or masons...

@RossWilliam
How much more information do you expect to be able to extract?
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

palmertrou wrote:This is a very brash statement.
Better tighten your seat belt... I'm rarely subtle.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

AntB wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:In other news, Dark Horse is town, and I'm not voting him all game
Just my amazing town-detecting powers at work.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by The Jester »

Unvote

Guderian, we're on page 3, and it's not over yet; how does that make you feel?

I think it's possible there's a "Hated Townie" role in this game.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Darox »

I'm a VI, all my friends told me so.

Vote: Ross
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Xalxe »

DGB, would you please defend the statement you made?
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Darox »

AntB wrote:
I'm curious.

Why would scum say that but not town?
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

@AntB...I thought I could get something of value. Apparently not. My bad.

Unvote

I am now only two votes away from being lynched. Now what?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by Seacore »

Vote count 1.1

The Jester (1) -
veridis

RossWilliam (5) -
DrippingGoofball, AntB, Dark Horse, vezokpiraka, Darox

Not Voting (6) - Xalxe, Guderian, palmertrou, Ghostlin, The Jester, RossWilliam

With 12 alive, 7 votes were needed for the lynch

Deadline midnight 18 January, countdown viewable here
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Guderian »

Ross, what do you think of the people on your L-2 wagon?

Vote: Dripping Goofball

Next post did not in fact contain any information about her exotic claim/ maneuverings. The obvious question is, why didnt she.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

RossWilliam wrote:Ok, Dark Horse, let's see. I said I think a vote for pressure could help reveal role information. I said that DGB was being cryptic because she was dropping hints without being clear. She was scaring everyone and trying to get everyone worked up about her apparent low-vote count without actually being clear about anything really. I'd call that cryptic. I've said all this already.

What am I going to do, start a bandwagon on you? How is anything you're saying right now productive at all? Do you want to have me keep repeating myself and murking up the thread so no one'll notice how little you're helping the town?
So...you wanted her to be clear on a role that acts like a hated Townie role? Because I doubt seriously that a role setup like THAT would make it apparent that she would, in fact, be a scum role with that kind of voting restriction, it'd end the game too soon, if in fact she's telling the truth, and if she's not telling the truth it's much too soon in Day 1 to really test that out and possibly lose a townie, even with the name Dripping Goofball (sorry Goof, it just seems with a name like that you'd be the type to do something like get us all going with a interesting claim). This isn't an open setup, so we don't know who has what, and it's a theme game so we don't know exactly what the mod has for us. It may in fact be cryptic, but I think open declaration of the roles won't help us either, from what I've read? Looks like she's dropping breadcrumbs due to some role that involves confirming fellow town; it wouldn't seem that lynching her would be any kind of good cause.

Also, the bolded seems pointlessly defensive: you did just vote for someone who requires half the number of votes to be voted in: it seems. Also, you realize that voting to place pressure does nothing if you tell people that's what you're doing? Your target doesn't seem pressured at all. I'm not going to put you at L-1, but I am going to ask exactly what kind of game do you think we're playing at: do you feel, without absence of proof that DBG is in fact lying, that taking any risk like this because she's cryptic is worth a policy vote/lynch to find out she's telling the truth, so to speak?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

@Guderian:
similar question: what kind of empirical evidence, that in a setup that the moderator can make it up, is that DGB is lying? Do you really think that in a game with a mad scientist and spies that there might not be a role that's a little more cockeyed, overpowered or just weirder than the others?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Guderian »

Did you dodge my post on this matter, Ghostlin?

Do you think the mod would seriously put any role into the game that could be killed in the RVS by three people randomly, without intent and purpose? No. It makes no sense. People all the time hit 3/4 votes for no reason at all, and when a lot of people like you, its even more likely.

I'm not going to put you at L-1, but I am going to ask exactly what kind of game do you think we're playing at

What in the name of what is this. You claim the ross william is doing the town a massive disservice by debating putting a vote on DGB that would put here at L-2 in your eyes (because you believe her claim apparently), but you have no problem putting someone at L-1 over nothing?? Do you see the contradiction here.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Guderian »

EBWOP: that bold should be a ghostlin quote.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by AntB »

@RossWilliam
Hmmm... I don't like L-2 this so UNVOTE: RossWilliam. I'm still curious as what information you were after exactly..?

@Darox
I was expressing my opinion on such an odd statement.
Show

G+
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by AntB »

EDWODP:
this early
Show

G+
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Guderian wrote:Did you dodge my post on this matter, Ghostlin?

Do you think the mod would seriously put any role into the game that could be killed in the RVS by three people randomly, without intent and purpose? No. It makes no sense. People all the time hit 3/4 votes for no reason at all, and when a lot of people like you, its even more likely.

I'm not going to put you at L-1, but I am going to ask exactly what kind of game do you think we're playing at

What in the name of what is this. You claim the ross william is doing the town a massive disservice by debating putting a vote on DGB that would put here at L-2 in your eyes (because you believe her claim apparently), but you have no problem putting someone at L-1 over nothing?? Do you see the contradiction here.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. You have no way of knowing that such a role doesn't exist because it never existed before, that the mod isn't trying something new for balance's sake. You are comparing this to other setups when we don't have that evidence in front of us that this IS in fact other setups, considering it's a theme closed setup and this could be a bit on the bastard side as far as we are aware. However, you seem to know what makes a 'balanced' setup better than the rest of us, what do you think about DGB's claim that Dark Horse is town? If you readily accept that such a role can't exists and it's scum claiming it, what do you think of it?

BTW, I like how you quote that I said I'm
not
going to do something deliberately,
haven't done it at any time during that post
, and then make it out that exactly the opposite occurred, that I wanted to put him at L-1. I have fingers and a vote, if I wanted to do such a thing, between: you, me, and the back porch: I would have done it, not pointed it out and just asked a question. Hell, highlighted it even. I do not like L-1 on page three of Day 1, it just leads town down the wrong path when anyone gets lynched too soon.

Do I believe her seriously? It's a damn weird claim. I'm not sure at this point we should take the point of not believing her and just all voting her at once since we don't know the setup is somewhat foolish, and I'm uncertain if she wants to get lynched, is dropping breadcrumbs about some power role yet unknown of the mod's devising, or is scum trying to throw us all off balance. I'm not sure at Day 1 the risk is as good as the reward.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Guderian »

Yes, but common sense dictates that such a role would probably not exist, and if it did, I would sure as hell be the first one in thread posting in bold caps what the heck my role pm said.

Btw, your "im not going to put you at L-1" indicate a clear willingness to do exactly that, PUT him at L-1, other wise you wouldn't of mentioned it at all.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

@Ghostlin: I've unvoted for a reason. In my past experience, people are a lot more willing to talk when they are in danger. All I wanted to do was see if she had more to say, I wasn't after anything specific. Something that would give the rest of us an easier time deciding what her value is. I was attempting to aid the town. Clearly, from your perspective, you believe I was misguided. I got that. The five person bandwagon clued me in. Hence the unvote. Your post is implying that I had every intention of lynching her. The unvote should be indicator enough that lynching her wasn't my goal.

@Guderian: I don't like Darox's vote on me
Darox wrote:I'm a VI, all my friends told me so.

Vote: Ross
I don't really see a reason why he's voting on me, and the fifth vote on the bandwagon looks fishy to me if theres real reason given for why the vote was cast
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Guderian »

Also,

FOS:

Ghostlin, Darox
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:29 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I thought I was the third vote on the wagon:(

Then lets vote the scum who bandwagoned

uvnote
vote darkhorse
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:33 am

Post by Dark Horse »

RossWilliam wrote:Ok, Dark Horse, let's see. I said I think a vote for pressure could help reveal role information. I said that DGB was being cryptic because she was dropping hints without being clear. She was scaring everyone and trying to get everyone worked up about her apparent low-vote count without actually being clear about anything really. I'd call that cryptic. I've said all this already.
If you want like, say, a character claim, I'm pretty sure DGB would be happy to tell. Adding pressure is completely unnecessary, especially because "She was being cryptic"

Vezo, I would like you to elaborate on that vote.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:30 am

Post by Xalxe »

Dark Horse wrote: If you want like, say, a character claim, I'm pretty sure DGB would be happy to tell.
Character claim?
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am

Post by RossWilliam »

@Dark Horse: There is nothing left to elaborate on that vote. I thought that I was going about the right way to get a roleclaim, and when I was wrong, I unvoted. For whatever reason, you like the fact that I look wrong so you're going to keep driving it home and repeating things that have all ready to been said to make sure that everyone's realized that I made a mistake. There is nothing left to elaborate on that one vote. I keep repeating myself trying to explain it and it's not satisfactory.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”