tylerjarvis
tylerjarvis
Goon
tylerjarvis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by tylerjarvis »

Yikes, that was terrible. Let's try again, shall we?

/confirm.

Much better.
tylerjarvis
tylerjarvis
Goon
tylerjarvis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:33 am

Post by tylerjarvis »

Wow you guys made some quick judgments. Sorry I'm just now getting started, I thought this game wasn't supposed to start until today.

Personally, I think a 10-3-3 game sounds a bit unreasonable, especially if there's a serial killer too. That would mean we're looking at potentially 4 deaths every night/day (including lynchings), which could mean the game ends after night 2. A 12-2-2 game sounds reasonable if there's a serial killer. I suppose it could be possible that we've got a 11-3-2 game. Is there anything that says the mafia teams will be even? Either way, I think we're looking for an absolute maximum of 5 scum (although more likely 4) and a possible serial killer. So we're looking for a maximum of 6 lynches. Hopefully less.

Even with that many lynches, it is unlikely that the town could win without cross-killings between mafia, or without the serial killer taking out scum. But I think this means we might want to take our time on this day and make the best possible judgment. None of you have enough information yet to be certain about who you're lynching. We cannot afford to mislynch this early just because you think somebody said something semi scummy in their RVS.

[/b]Vote: Untrod Tripod.[/b] Because I don't want your stupid hint.
tylerjarvis
tylerjarvis
Goon
tylerjarvis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:34 am

Post by tylerjarvis »

let me try that again
Vote: Untrod Tripod.
There.

One of these days, I'll post without having to correct it.
tylerjarvis
tylerjarvis
Goon
tylerjarvis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by tylerjarvis »

DemonHybrid wrote:
Tyler is scummy because he has a lot of filler, but not any substance. So much info is already on the table and he tosses it aside to talk set-up. I'm not ruling him as concrete scum quite yet.
One post and I'm labelled as having a lot of filler? You say we have so much info in the table, but I'm more inclined to believe most of the "information" is completely fabricated by overzealous players. We're two pages in and people are already building scum lists. Some people haven't even posted yet. Not only do we not have enough information to have a scumlist, the informatio we do have is based solely on overreactions.

We are not nearly as well informed as you're pretending we are.
tylerjarvis
tylerjarvis
Goon
tylerjarvis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by tylerjarvis »

I'm sorry I don't have time to analyze all the posts. From my read-throughs, It looks like none of you have come to any better conclusions than I have, so I actually don't feel too bad about it.

I'm at a conference for work. I'm able to check in occasionally, but I don't have time to analyze and dissect everyone's statements at the moment. Is this really how we're going to classify scummy behavior?

My read throughs leave me suspicious of Demon, because he's jumping on everything waaay too seriously. All the stuff about EPM's votes being suspicious... I don't see that. It seemed like a pretty innocent Random Vote to me.

The whole conversation so far has been pretty ridiculous. I feel like I'm standing in the middle of a Mexican stand off. Everybody's drawing their weapons and are making judgments on people based on tiny, tiny amounts of information. I think if everyone would take a step back and chill out a bit, we might be able to come to a more rational, informed decision. Because any scum/town lists are nothing but poor speculation at this point.

nhammen, I voted for Untrod Tripod just to throw my Random Vote out there. I'm actually going to go ahead and
Unvote
now. I still don't think I have enough information to label anyone as absolute scum, but I'd say the HoS is on Demon. I don't like his jumpy nature and snap judgments.
tylerjarvis
tylerjarvis
Goon
tylerjarvis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by tylerjarvis »

Demon, I'm suspecting you because you're making unnecessary and illogical judgments, and making connections that I honestly don't think someone would make if they weren't fishing.

Obviously I'm not completely sold on the idea yet, because i haven't voted for you. But come on, I know you can be much more rational than you've been in this game.
tylerjarvis
tylerjarvis
Goon
tylerjarvis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:04 am

Post by tylerjarvis »

Sorry guys, I've been out of it the past few days. My internet has been down since Friday, and I was out of town at a conference before that. I'm here now, but haven't got time to post anything substantial right now (I'm at work). It's coming later. Hopefully this evening.
tylerjarvis
tylerjarvis
Goon
tylerjarvis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:41 am

Post by tylerjarvis »

I'm in Newbie Game 1041 and Mafia 1101. Neither have finished yet, so that's all I can tell you about them. Those are my first games.
tylerjarvis
tylerjarvis
Goon
tylerjarvis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:51 am

Post by tylerjarvis »

don_johnson wrote: and tyler plays the noob card. *facepalm*

I did not. I was asked what games I've played and to include one Scum and one Town side. None of my games have finished, so I can't reveal either. That's all I was saying. Calm down.
tylerjarvis
tylerjarvis
Goon
tylerjarvis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:56 am

Post by tylerjarvis »

Nobody has played the noob card in the first place.
tylerjarvis
tylerjarvis
Goon
tylerjarvis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by tylerjarvis »

Don_johnson wrote:Noob cards:
ender wrote:I'm really disliking the fact that after a couple pages with little not many people posting people are making decisions on who's scum and town already.
I haven't played any games
except from newbie games on this site but you can't automatically decide who's scum and who isn't...
untrod wrote:...
I have never been in a game where people make srsface scumlists on page 2.
I really have no idea what to make of this.
tj wrote:One of these days, I'll post without having to correct it.
You count these as newb cards? I was referring to the fact that every post I'd made in this game so far had required a correction. Untrod was just commenting on the warmonger of scumlists showing up. Ender was the closest to playing that card, but even his was just a question about how normal that was.

It's not a major point in the game except that it serves as an indicator that you make snap judgments and that you overestimate. If you consider things like this "playing the newbie card" then you'll also overreact to other statements. It's difficult to trust your reads if you're going to misinterpret or over analyze these kinds of statements.
tylerjarvis
tylerjarvis
Goon
tylerjarvis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by tylerjarvis »

Yes, I've been lurking. I'm sorry. I was finishing up a pretty intense game (Perfect scum win, thank you very much). If you don't off me immediately, I'll be glad to get in here and start posting a bit more content.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”