Zachtown in the mountains (Game over TOWN WINS!)

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:07 am

Post by Zachrulez »

The fingers quickly point at Furcolow. He doesn't have much to say in his own defense, as the town quickly forces him into the contraption of doom. When he's facing his own demise, he can only go into denial.

"No seriously guys, who are we killing today? Come on seriously..."

The townies only look back at him with a cold serious stare, and the switch is flipped sending Furcolow plunging to his death. The town feels a lot better after having kill him, but much like all the other recent deaths they have been responsible for, this feeling is short lived. A search of Furcolow's house reveals that he was nothing more than a poor townie who just liked to bandwagon.

Furcolow
(Vanilla Townie)
lynched Day 4 Phase 2

Night 4 begins. Deadline for night actions is Wednesday January 5th at 12pm CST
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Another long night passes which ends with one less person waking up in the morning. This time it's Jasont1981 who doesn't show up. He's found stabbed to death 30 times in his bed. The whole room is full of blood. It's a murder which shows the remaining scum getting more bold and more angry by the second. If he's not found soon, it could be the end of everything. No pressure.

JasonT1981
(Vanilla Townie)
killed night 4

With 4 alive it's 3 to lynch

Not Voting: (Benmage, Equinox, I Am Innocent, Thor665)

Day 5 deadline for both phases is Wednesday January 26th at 12pm cst
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:10 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

/BAH
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:43 am

Post by Equinox »

Yeah, um... That wasn't supposed to be a losing bet.

I'm not going to go back on my word, as I suspect I'm now going to be scrutinized for pushing that Furcolow lynch. If the two of you who are town decide that I need to be eliminated as a suspect, please do so. I'd rather not be taken into LyLo if it's not Thor665, and as of right now, I have no bleepin' idea, as there are a couple of things that are bothering me and I'm just running back and forth in the thread checking them.

Just let me get my say in before I hang, and I'm a happy townie.

It's not I Am Innocent, by the way; the slip I cited from Dry-fit earlier is, in my mind, strong enough evidence that I Am Innocent really is innocent.

Thor665, since I'm not quite there yet, can you tell me what changed in your read of my slot between posts 1219 and 1290, and what led you to your self-vote in 1290?

Benmage, can you explain the following quote, please?
Benmage wrote:
Equinox wrote:I don't think Percy would kill one of the few players who supported him.
Damnit, why does that have to make sense...Okay so Sotty called thor scum..I never like the Nikspot, I just couldn't imagine my buddy Nik replacing out on a scum role.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Equinox »

*sigh*

THIS GAME HURTS MY BRAIN. (Lately, it seems all the games I'm in do that. Time to quit for real, methinks.)

I looked at the Dry-fit quote again, and then I realized that Oso said, paraphrased, "I don't think what IAI did was all that anti-town" before Dry-fit quoted it to ask Oso about why he didn't see IAI as anti-town. That sends me back to the drawing board for IAI, but I can't see IAI bombing himself the way he did early Day 1 with this game and this player list (metagame reason). Bah, dammit. I still think IAI is town. Any other possibility breaks my brain.

I'm still getting that gut town read off Benmage.

...and from where I'm reading right now (page 26, now commence the compliments for my play as replacement), Thor665 just came in, so I'm thinking that I may get the answer to my question to Thor665 in a few hours... or a day, depending on how much I can get done before I implode. Now that I've dumped the note-taking practice, I'm reading much faster now, if that's any comfort to anybody but myself.

Someone remind me to look at why Percy was so difficult to lynch. Maybe something is in there? NK analysis definitely points to someone keeping Percy and this set of players around long enough to get Percy lynched at that stage of the game.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Benmage »

Equinox wrote:
Benmage, can you explain the following quote, please?
What don't you understand?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Equinox »

I don't know, the entire thing? I quoted it, after all.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Benmage »

I dont get whats difficult to understand? It makes sense when I read it.

There was potential reasoning in it to unvote Percy which i believe I did. Then I gave speculation on the NK, with the addition of the Nik/slot....again what don't you understand?

I want to to lynch IAI and Thor. In whatever order.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Equinox »

Well, you wrote it, so of course it would make sense to you.

Thanks for answering. I was going to follow up with a question about Nikanor's meta, but then I realized the answer to that probably didn't matter.

Hmm...

Screw it.

VOTE: Thor665

See posts 1453-1454.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

My list from scummiest to towniest is:

Thor
Equinox
BenMage
IAI

I will not be voting Ben or myself today. If Ben is scum, hats off to him.

Looks like my win condition is down to 33% (Thor is the last scum in the group of you three). All of us want Thor out, and if he flips town, I will lose based on Ben's last post as he and Equinox will vote me out.

vote Thor
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by Benmage »

HAMMAH
Vote Thor
PLZZ END!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm a little sick, but I'll write this up quick.

Final Vote count of day 5 phase 1

Thor665 - 3 (Equinox, I Am Innocent, Benmage)

Not voting - 1 (Thor665)

After eluding the town for so long, Thor could no longer talk his way out of the rope. Finally the town turns to him, and being that he's the last of the scum, he doesn't go down quietly. It takes all the strength the town can muster to get him toward the contraption but they can't get him onto it. As an alternative they decide to lift him into the air and literally throw him off the mountain. A knife and gun fall out of his pocket before he is thrown off the mountain.

"Noooooooooooooooooo!" *THUD*

Silence...

Benmage, Equinox and I Am Innocent celebrate but the mood is soured a bit by the emptiness of Zachtown. They know if they had gotten things right much earlier they could have had a much bigger town that would flourish. Now they're looking at a long rebuilding process... as tough as things will be to come, Zachtown is at last at peace.

Thor665
(Mafia Goon)
lynched day 5 phase 1.

Benmage, Equinox, I Am Innocent win along with all the townies who perished in the heat of battle.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by Equinox »

OMG YES
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Equinox »

Zachrulez wrote:I'm a little sick, but I'll write this up quick.
Get well soon, Zachrulez!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Benmage »

I KNEWS IT!~
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

If there's no objection from the scumteam I will go ahead and post the scum qt.

I did also create a dead topic and I will go ahead and post that now. http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/ndC22fBqmGg

I think Thor put out a valiant effort and did well to get as close to winning as he did. In the end, he just had too many lynches to dodge, but for a while there I thought he might actually pull it off. In the end he was let down by a scumbuddies who found themselves in the rope too early in the game.

And two of the scum getting caught out as early as they did made me wonder about the balance of the game, I was actually expecting to see the scum start getting lynched a bit later in the game, so it might not be so much a balance issue as it was the circumstances of this specific game. I welcome any feedback on the matter for possible modifications that could be made to this. Regardless the game ended up close, just not in the way I was expecting so overall I'm happy with the game.

Activity wise the game was just right. Game didn't even hit 60 pages which is good for a large theme considering how long some of the games can get. This made keeping up with the game easy along with the game being more attractive to replacements then it might have been otherwise.

Anyway with that said, how'd you guys like the game?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by Benmage »

Game was run smoothly. Balance appears fine. As often is the case when town has early success they become complacent. I know I did. The math was in our favor. Thor did good, but like you said time/lynches was agaisnt him.

I really didn't peg scum-Nik on replacing out, but I didn't think was Nik townly...it hurt.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Benmage »

Godddamn. Mina posts too much in life and too much in death. SOTTY I heardddsss UU.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Benmage »

Benmage's 1-2-3 success. Told ya I had this one on lockdown. Just needed to bypass a little collateral damage.
Benmage wrote: That said Percy hangs today.
-Attacks easy targets.
-Inconsistent on stances regarding myself and others in an attempt to undermine me.

Those who you need to lynch tomorrow after I die:
-Nikanor, Mina

Those you don't want here in lylo:
-BS
-Furc
^In that order

Those almost as confirmed town as I:
-Locke
-jason
-havingfitz
^In that order

******** I think Zach iso 13/14 post counts are very important
The scum aren't on the Dry-fit wagon because bussing at that time would not be opportunistic, however they are likely on the other lead wagons.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Equinox »

This was a fun game to read and play a bit.

I'm surprised the town EV for this is 39%. Someone mentioned somewhere in 60 pages that this was slightly town-favored, and I was inclined to agree... but then again, we did take several days to find Thor665.
In post 790, Mina wrote:I'm going through another one of my jaded indecisive WIFOM paralysis phases.
I read this while I was in the middle of one of these phases, and it made me chuckle because it was such a perfect description.
In the graveyard QT, RedCoyote wrote:It makes me squirm everytime I read "lynch me if I'm wrong". I get the tactic, but it's just so arrogant.
Funny thing is, for all the times I've tried it, I've never been right.

I probably shouldn't do it anymore. >_>
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Benmage wrote:I really didn't peg scum-Nik on replacing out, but I didn't think was Nik townly...it hurt.
Well I couldn't keep up with SOME PEOPLE and their walls of text, so I really didn't have a choice. >_> Not that I wasn't having fun, but you know how it goes.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by Benmage »

Nikanor wrote:
Benmage wrote:I really didn't peg scum-Nik on replacing out, but I didn't think was Nik townly...it hurt.
Well I couldn't keep up with SOME PEOPLE and their walls of text, so I really didn't have a choice. >_> Not that I wasn't having fun, but you know how it goes.
You didnt mind the last time you were scum and i walled you to victory! :P
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:09 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Awesome! Good work to IAI, Benmage, and Equinox on nabbing that last scum. We were really getting worried in the Dead QT. gg all, and thanks to the Mod for running it.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:13 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Good game all. That one took a lot out of me.

Thanks to Zach for a a great job of modding this game.

Thanks to Sotty for the invite. Sorry my play as townie was not anywhere as solid as my play in our scum game. You and Equinox are free to withdraw your noms...I won't be (too) offended! :wink:

I read the dead quicktopic, and it was nice to see everyone still interested. Here was one quote from Mina I would like to address: "But I really think town is going to lose. At least Equinox is trying, but the way everyone lazily sheeped her and flip-flopped on Furcolow was pathetic. They just hop onto the first persuasively formatted case."

Don't think that I lazily sheeped her and flip-flopped on Furcalow. I did a reread and provided some of my analsyis. Also had another reason for voting out Furc (see below).

I pretty much knew I was going to make it to the endgame. I thought Locke, Jason, Ben, Oso, and a few others would definitely be NK'd before me.

I admit to coasting for a little bit, but I did two rereads that were key in my mind.

The first after D1P1, and I had a list of 6(?) Townies that I pretty much stuck with the whole game (they all ended up being town). The one exception was Elmo to a bit, when he replaced out, then reneged, then replaced out. Felt a little off.

I got rid of my question marks and as we got closer, I realized I had enough confirmed townies (in my mind) to win the game.

The second reread had me 99% confident that jason and Ben were town, and as long as we stuck together we were guaranteed the win. Kind of hurt to see Ben's post that I was likely to go before Equinox....apparently he had a different plan than me.

I also think getting rid of Furc D4P2 was very important. Not only were his comments questionable right after the Percy lynch, but his volatility was not something we needed D5 if he was town.

Also the last thing was Equinox replacing in. I got to watch her closely when she was town and I was scum in a prior game, and I saw the same Equinox here. Made me feel quite a bit better about that slot.

So once again, good game all. Thanks for not lynching me D1!
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Good job to the town. I pretty much agree with everything Zach said about this game except the balance point. Kudos to Thor too for not giving up in a tough situation. At least you can say you tried throughout.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”