Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Vi »

Aaaand there we are with the av swap workaround.

Arcanus: His true identity is so obvious he only needs to wear half a mask.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Also, I stopped coutning post-lengths about twenty pages ago. :neutral:

....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:53 am

Post by Tasky »

overall a very enjoyable game.
I must say I liked the format quite well except when two people kept talking to each other for 3+ pages (nobody specific meant).
compliments to the nice modding too.

thanks all for playing.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:55 am

Post by chamber »

You had me fooled this time tasky, but you can only play the "I'm a moron" card once. *shakes fist*
Taking a break from the site.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:12 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Ugh, my reads were totally off this game. I put Tasky-scum out of mind because I thought I was more irritated at his playstyle, but it turns out this was the case with Chamber :( And I thought TheFonz was buddying me whereas it was actually Vi. I sucked. Big time. BIIIIIG time. ><"
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:15 am

Post by chamber »

Vi wrote:There were a bunch of issues about people courting modkills in this game, but I'm actually fairly impressed with how Tasky was able to NOT look like scum while doing it.
I hadn't thought about it much sinse it was posted, but that MD topic is super sketchy when you consider that tasky was scum :/
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Tasky »

that MD topic was made mainly because of this game.
This game, I asked myself, what would I do if I were town? I answered, I would attack Fonz and AV because of their attack on me. So the point is still valid.
That I was scum is irrelevant, since I did something I thought I would do as town because I think it is the correct town move.

I understand that that topic caused some confusion, but I really wanted to make that before even starting this game, I just never got to it. After being attacked so hard for something I did purposely because I would do it as town, I opened made that post. I would probably not have made it if I was being called out for "pretending to do something townish". I was, however, called out on OMGUS, and I still don't believe that to be a scumtell.

Fixed link. ~~NS
Last edited by Nobody Special on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Tasky »

EBWOP: damn, link fail.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:50 am

Post by chamber »

Tasky wrote: I would probably not have made it if I was being called out for "pretending to do something townish".
The fact that the events in this game effected you making it at all shows that you needed to wait until the game was done :/
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Herodotus »

Herodotus, sending in the N1 investigation, wrote:I'll stick with
Vi

I feel like I might regret not choosing Kast, but I had a little town tell from mothrax and some scumtells from Korts.
Yes. With an innocent on Kast and without one on Vi, I probably would have supported the attack on Vi.

I felt a little bad about investigating a player who dislikes the cop role after asking them to replace in, but I guess Vi didn't mind this time :P
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Vi »

While my penchant for drawing inv-immune scum is nice - even when I'm scum, I'm
never
scum - had your investigations been at all different or had we not blocked AV throughout the game this game would have turned out very, very differently. So no, I still mind the Cop role. I do still have to wonder why you asked me to replace in for a slot you thought was scum, though.

On a side note, your "goodbye everyone" gambit at the end of D1 is going down as one of my favorites. It probably would have worked better if we weren't already going to kill someone else, but still.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:02 am

Post by AurorusVox »

T~T

We should have gone along with the Rat bus, eh?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Vi »

AurorusVox wrote:T~T

We should have gone along with the Rat bus, eh?
...and even when I'm scum, you should listen to me. :P
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:28 am

Post by pappums rat »

well, i must say this was probably the most fun i have had playing mafia on this or any site. thanks for modding this great game ns, and thanks to all the players as well, i had a great time.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by The Fonz »

And to think, at one point I was about ten seconds away from confirm voting Tasky and refusing to move it as long as we both drew breath. The MD thread was a HUGE part of the reason why I backed away, and that leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth (as does the fact that I think Tasky made at least one misleading statement in that thread due to being scum here). I also kinda had a power role read on him, because of the five old games of his I read, the only one where he acted even remotely like this was the one where he was tracker.

As does scumfishy dragging his 'I'm behind... I'm catching up... I think I might replace out' cycle on for two full days. Huh, the chronic lurker and the apparent moron being scum- reminds me why I like policy lynching. I told you all he was lying about his meta, dammit.

Like I said toward the end of the day, I don't really think RF vs Pappums was the defining reason for the loss, because the issue was that:

A) Everyone thought Tasky was town
B) I didn't believe we'd have both a roleblocker and GF, since I thought that was unbalanced.

Has we lynched Pappums, I'm basically certain Ray or Chamber would have gone the following day anyway. Even if everything had been as it seemed on the surface, town was basically willing to gamble the game on Tasky. Hence my desire to avoid PR, even if he were likely scum- there was no way the mafia would bus their RB like that, and town's best chance, imho, was to hit the roleblocker and force the scum to choose between allowing another investigation or allowing two more viggings.

Also, premature claimants can die in a fire.

Indeed, even when I considered the possibility of Viscum, the thing that stood out for me was how she started the RayFrost wagon, but then suddenly became convinced by the previously ignored AH's scumminess at pretty much the tipping point. So even if I'd had Vi as GF, the red player I most thought likely to be her partner was still Ray.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Tasky »

The Fonz wrote:And to think, at one point I was about ten seconds away from confirm voting Tasky and refusing to move it as long as we both drew breath. The MD thread was a HUGE part of the reason why I backed away, and that leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth (as does the fact that I think Tasky made at least one misleading statement in that thread due to being scum here). I also kinda had a power role read on him, because of the five old games of his I read, the only one where he acted even remotely like this was the one where he was tracker.
I just reread the my posts in the MD threat, and none of them in any way relates directly to this game. I meant everything I said, and I still mean it (even if I have been a little convinced on some things, I still don't see OMGUS as a scumtell). As I already said, the main motivation behind that threat was the SC's Worst Nightmare game.
I don't think I made any misleading statement.

I'm sorry this game was somehow involved into a more general dispute, and I can see your sourness. But you also have to see that for me that whole OMGUS business was (and actually still is) a serious issue.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Right, which is why I suggested you post the StrangerCoug thread in the gameplay improvement thread, where the discussion wouldn't have impinged so badly on this game.

You acted in that thread like you couldn't understand why scum would possibly omgus when they know their attacker is right. Whilst omgusing here as scum.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

The Fonz wrote: As does scumfishy dragging his 'I'm behind... I'm catching up... I think I might replace out' cycle on for two full days. Huh, the chronic lurker and the apparent moron being scum- reminds me why I like policy lynching. I told you all he was lying about his meta, dammit.
I felt really bad about my play in this game, and I apologise for it. My inability to get anywhere with the game was 100% genuine. It's something I haven't experienced before in mafia, and it's no fun (I should probably have replaced out much earlier, in fact). I can't say it's meta null, because it may be that I am more likely to struggle with a game when I am scum, but it's definitely not a deliberate tactic.

Well done Vi and Tasky.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Fishy, I agree with you. I'm not saying that it was a deliberate tactic, but you definitely should have either, to use an appropriate expression, fished or cut bait. Either catch up and play properly, or give us time to get a read on your replacement.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by The Fonz »

I know it's not a deliberate tactic because replacing out is worse than losing either way, so you personally have nothing to gain from it.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Equinox »

I really fucked it up this game. Sigh. Sorry, town.

(If anyone cares...) The real reason behind my "I have no bullets" statement was to softclaim townie and push the NK on someone else. I felt I couldn't say that in my defense when crywolf20084 and The Fonz questioned me because it would've made me uberscummy, and then I would have become much worse off. Not that it changed anything, since I still ended up softclaiming a PR to get out of my own hole. As a fucking jailkeeper in this setup, to boot. Bah.

Never doing that shit again. I'll just lay low like I'm supposed to. <_<

I'm still bitter over not lynching Tasky. Dammit.

Kast
: Are you OK with me posting the graveyard QT?

I'm interested in seeing the scum QT, if you guys are okay with releasing that.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Yeah, and understandably when you did that Cayke and I thought it scummy, because it's just something town should never ever ever do.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Oh another point was that I felt the whole multipost thing kinda made a mockery of the premise, so the game just became a reasonably normal game, but more annoying. If it were run again, I'd ban anything more than doubleposts, and require at least two other players to post in between, I think.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Vi wrote:While my penchant for drawing inv-immune scum is nice - even when I'm scum, I'm
never
scum - had your investigations been at all different or had we not blocked AV throughout the game this game would have turned out very, very differently. So no, I still mind the Cop role.
The role, sure, but my selections in this game worked out well for you.
Vi wrote:I do still have to wonder why you asked me to replace in for a slot you thought was scum, though.
At the time there were 2 or 3 slots that needed replacement, so I wasn't thinking of any particular playerslot. And there were bigger suspects than Korts.
Vi wrote:On a side note, your "goodbye everyone" gambit at the end of D1 is going down as one of my favorites. It probably would have worked better if we weren't already going to kill someone else, but still.
This was only the third game in which I've survived to day 3 as town, and in one of the 3, I was NK-immune. The only things I could proactively do to help myself survive were to either look lynchable, look vanilla, or make the mafia think I might be protected/watched. I was hoping to do the second and third.

Which of the mafia was the RB?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Vi »

Eq: It's hard to breadcrumb something in red text and just let it go by.
The role, sure, but my selections in this game worked out well for you.
By the narrowest of margins, yes.
Which of the mafia was the RB?
The one that wasn't me and wasn't the one we were trying to bus.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”