DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Bunnylover »

I fully agree with IS Post #1171 after some thinking.
Also agree with RedCoyote saying about if Fate is scum, he will be doing a good job of weeding out the other scum team.
Unvote

@Faraday: I'm the only one who said it. Why is Katsuki scum? You haven't said why or given any reason to why you believe this person is scum.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:59 am

Post by bobsnox »

I guess IS has his scumteam trained to OMGUS anyone who suspects them

Cool defense RC
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:19 am

Post by AurorusVox »

"If Fate is scum, he will be doing a good job of weeding out the other scum team"
- Do you think Fate is scum?

- Bobs, in your read, is IS scum because of his American play-style? How is this different from regular finding playstyle scummy?

- RC, fine. Unfortunately, I think people who flat-out ignored the presence of the claim are likeliest "scum who knew it was a lie", but there's little way of finding out who these people are since everyone who posted acknowledged it in some way.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

AV, if a White Knight is due to be scum, Percy is more likely scum than Fate.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Katsuki »

Nice case faraday. I like fluffy things.

That said, I wonder where that gandalf has disappeared off to. Why aren't more people voting him?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:30 am

Post by SocioPath »

Katsuki wrote:That said, I wonder where that gandalf has disappeared off to. Why aren't more people voting him?
I'd vote him, but alas, I only have one vote.
I'd also vote for Snake, the magical disappearing scum.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:38 am

Post by bobsnox »

AurorusVox wrote:- Bobs, in your read, is IS scum because of his American play-style? How is this different from regular finding playstyle scummy?
American play style?

He's scum because:
- his constant gungho "American" rhetoric seems farcical
- he votes poorly (as Fate pointed out)
- his only response to me has been OMGUS material (which you'll notice he has moderated since I called him out on it)
- his defenders post similar worthless content (Jack, RC) that seems either idiotic, contrived, or a mixture of both
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:01 pm

Hey Bob, OMGUS!

Unvote Vesudeva
Vote: Bobsnox
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Bob isn't worth the time.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

was v/la
back
thread needs more dead gandalf

Did I miss anything I need to reply to?
I saw a few people vote for me, but heh. the likes of babyspice. who cares :P
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Fate wrote:heHEHAHAAAAAAAAAGHAHGA

OH HAI SCUM.

FIRST OF, so you thought he did what he did? So you voted him BECAUSE of his vote switch? NO. YOU VOTED HIM EBCAUSEHE CLAIMED SCUM.

YOU ARE RETROACTIVELY CHANGING YOUR REASONS FOR THE VOTE IN ORDER TO LOOK MORE CONSISTENT AND TOWN. DIE DIE DIE.

2. Because Toog claimed CHINESE sub, of course you wouldnt KNOW he wasn't Russian if you were Chinese, but you would KNOW he was lying about his scum claim and therefore more likely to just be town frustrated than russan scum.

3. Finding ways to make people look scummy? I"M LOOKIN FOR SCUM WHAT THE FUCK AREY OU DOING? Seriously, you haven't-this recent post ALSO a fine example-shown the slightest HINT of lookng for scum outside of your "Fate OMGUS tunnel" that you've been locked into EVER SINCE it became popular and you are just REACHING for points along the way to justiy keeping your vote on me while not commenting on ANYONE LSE in the game.
1. How do you know I'm changing my reasons? Maybe I didn't give that as a reason at the time, but it seems a little unfair to assume that didn't enter into the equation and then call me scum for it.
2. Okay, I didn't think of it that way, and you're right that a scenario like this would make sense. However, you cannot use your assumption of this situation to prove that it is true. You have no proof that this is indeed the situation, so why are you bringing it up? My behavior is just as consistent with a townie who was forced to vote a townread because they claimed scum.
3. Why would I try to scumhunt outside of the person I most believe is scum? This is your problem, attacking 3 people at once. This does not help the town, as no one can tell what you really think. Not everyone can be scum, and it's best to be sure about one person.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Damn Fate. Looks like Dana grew some balls and is kicking your ass now.
Show

bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by bobsnox »

SocioPath wrote:Bob isn't worth the time.
Oh so you mean he's voting poorly? Hmm sounds like one of my reasons he's scum
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

I IS HERE. I sorta read the last page. What I saw was a lot of bitchin' and people saying my reaction was fake. That and danascum.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by SpyreX »

AHA! BY NOT GIVING A REASON THEREFORE ITS SCHRODINGERS REASON AND CAN BE ANYTHING I WANT THE VOTE GAMBIT HATH YOU TRAPPED FATE

(P.S. Votes go here)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Spyrex 1170 wrote:RED WHILE I AGREE WITH YOUR NEWSLETTER I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER MILLION PAGE DAY

GIVE ME THIS. PLEASE.
I think both of us feel better about Snakescum than just about anyone else. We can fight to get him lynched today. Are you sure you want to settle for a dana vote?

---
bobsnox 1176 wrote:I guess IS has his scumteam trained to OMGUS anyone who suspects them

Cool defense RC
If you think this sarcastic comment is going to buy you points with me, or anyone else, then I think you're in for a bit of a shock. Take a look around, bob. You don't have many friends here. I'm telling you, as bluntly as I possibly can, that you need to step it up if you're town. Right now, I'm very much not sold on either your case or your alignment. Neither of us are are the center of this game, we're both just one of the players. There are other things going on besides you and IS. As much as I think your avatar is really cool, I'm fully prepared at this point to say that you're an acceptable lynch today.

---
AV 1177 wrote:- RC, fine. Unfortunately, I think people who flat-out ignored the presence of the claim are likeliest "scum who knew it was a lie", but there's little way of finding out who these people are since everyone who posted acknowledged it in some way.
Well, if you want to push me, that's your prerogative. I'm thinking it's boiling down to a political disagreement between us, especially because, aside from this issue, I think we've been pretty much on the same page all game.

May I ask why you haven't voted yet though?

---
bobsnox 1181 wrote:American play style?

He's scum because:
- his constant gungho "American" rhetoric seems farcical
- he votes poorly (as Fate pointed out)
- his only response to me has been OMGUS material (which you'll notice he has moderated since I called him out on it)
- his defenders post similar worthless content (Jack, RC) that seems either idiotic, contrived, or a mixture of both
If you actually read this game outside of the little tunnel you constructed, you'd realize that I have no real love for IS. While I like this post better than your previous couple of posts, you're still stuck in this one-track mindset. I'll forgive you somewhat due to the fact that AV asked you a direct question about IS, but even in that question it was obvious he was trying to get you to compare IS to "regular finding scummy" things. In other words, talk about anything that doesn't have to do with IS and your spat with him.

---
dana 1185 wrote:3. Why would I try to scumhunt outside of the person I most believe is scum? This is your problem, attacking 3 people at once. This does not help the town, as no one can tell what you really think. Not everyone can be scum, and it's best to be sure about one person.
I disagree with IS in that I don't think dana's answers are particularly convincing. This one especially sounds like something dana just cooked up for this occasion. Um, dana, what do you call your hammer vote? You were making a compromise with that lynch. Toogeloo wasn't the person "you most believe was scum", right? In fact, you claimed that you were sure he was town.

---

Mod
, can we get a vote count, please?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by Percy »

My top four:

Chesskid3

chesskid3 wrote:Because if I seriously get lynched it should be rather obvious that gandalf+scumbuddies+otherscumteam are pushing it pretty goddamn heavily?
The person who pushed the case against you was me. You haven't responded to any of it. Casting aspersions on your wagon rather than responding to the case in a sensible manner is relaly poor form. Who the fuck cares if gandalf has no votes?! You have a vote, you have a keyboard. No, instead you just cry about how everyone on your wagon is scum.
chesskid3 wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Toog

sjfoajsfojasidfjaojuighuiwrfjaouisfjioajfioajfioajdsiofjaodsif
50/50 means I don't know but he's scummier than a null
you people are really quite stupid.
This came together with some complicated argument about how 80:20 is null and 50:50 is scum. I have already pointed out his shifting attitude towards the Fate/Toog debate yesterday, and this took the opportunism cake.
Kitoari wrote:
unvote

Chesskid3 lynch would be amazing. I'll throw a vote down after he contradicts himself some more.
This post struck me as really, really odd. An unvote and perhaps implied support for the wagon, but no participation. I don't get it. I also don't get the more-than-12-hours-since-hammer-quote-dana-and-vote-during-twilight, where he put his vote back on Toogeloo. This stinks.
chesskid3 wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:Oh btw horrible thought.
I
f scum
get
battleship and
failsafe

the failsafe guy can't be killed without two town deaths(or a lynch+nuke) unless the battleship dies first
chesskid3 wrote:
I
just had an
am
azing idea.
Come D1, if
the failsafe
is town, they can claim, and we can pseudo lynch, with the victim (if they have a silo) being required to nuke the failsafe, then cancel the launch, and someone else can be lynched.
Would that work?
That's my claim, btw.
So if you want to just force gandalf to nuke me on D3 I'd also be more than happy with that. But if you seriously lynch me D2 and let him live, I'm going to kick all of you in the balls postgame.
No, you were not claiming there. This was not your breadcrumb, I refuse to believe it. Why would you speculate publicly about the horrible scenario where scum get the failsafe if you already have it? Similarly, your next great idea involved the sentence "if the failsafe is town", and all it would do would confirm that a particular player had the failsafe - it would say nothing about their alignment.

I think your claim is horseshit. You may be trying to justify your terrible choices after-the-fact now that attention is on you, but the fact that you claimed and scrambled for these awful breadcrumbs makes you look even worse.

Bunnylover

Bunnylover wrote:Interesting turns of event.
I can't tell if Toog is claiming because he's just given up, or he claiming just to shut Fate up.
Epic hedging.
Bunnylover wrote:As I said before, that interaction did not look like a Town v.s. Town.
Vote: Fate
This is really, really manipulative opportunism that I see here. How did you reach the conclusion that the conversation they were having was such that one of them has to be scum? It's such a weak position to take. Who is the scum in this scenario? The guy who is still alive. How convenient.
Bunnylover wrote:@Fate: Who says I need to post my other reads? I know who my other reads are, if I feel that I am going to die during the night or something then I'll post my reads and explain them. Otherwise, I'm keeping them to myself for now. I do not believe the interaction was T v.s. T. Since Toog flipped town, I am assuming you will flip scum and until a better suspect that I find or someone else points out comes along, my vote will stand.
See:
Fate wrote:Because "herp derp one read at a time" SMELLS of a convenient way to say "I only want to be held accountable for one read at a time." ESPECIALLY since your reasoning is really vague "it just didnt feel town v town" with no extra explanation giving. It makes it hard to get a read on your alignment Bunny.
Also the fact that you unvoted Fate (even though you still think he's scum) just because he's a good scumhunter is odd in the extreme.

AurorusVox

AurorusVox wrote:Percy; so are you saying that as scum he'd have been more likely to stick to his position, i.e. NOT give up on the plan, and that his decision to nukebbq Gandalf was entirely without malicious scum intent? I can understand that inconsistency comes out of frustration, but I've used inconsistencies many a time to catch scum (it's my favourite method), and that frustration can easily come from scum who are getting backed into a corner. If it is as you say - "No one's listening to me, I'll just do as I please!" then Jed wasn't as committed to the control-nuke plan as he proposed. Which looks to me like that was sneaky sneaky lying, or him parading as pro-town. This is why I think his shift is likelier scum motivated than town motivated.
This hypothetical isn't working for me.
I think his first position (control nukes) was pro-town, but of course could be faked by scum. But when he flipped out, you and others said "He never believed in the first proposition, therefore this contradiction proves he was scum faking it". I don't see how Jed was being backed into a corner and was forced into the inconsistency - he kinda raged right into it.

I just don't get the argument that the first
x
posts of Jed's were some complicated pro-town scumdance, and that pesky gandalf made him lose his cool and retaliate with scummy nukethreats. This story makes no sense to me.

You also asked dana (who voted Fate)
AurorusVox wrote:Are you calling his vote an OMGUS?
This kind of post seems like fanning the flames here. We have Fate, who seems to lock on with all caps and get his lynch, and AV, prodding dana to oppose Fate. I don't like it.

danakillsu

danakillsu wrote:I'll hammer, since it's going to happen anyway, but before I do, I should say that I did not take Toog's scumclaim to be serious. But others seem to believe it is, and there's no way I'm convincing a group this dumb that it's not before midnight tomorrow. Well, here goes nothing.
unvote vote: Toogeloo
"You are so dumb, I'm going to give you what you want even though it's going to turn out badly"
danakillsu wrote:
vote: Fate
I told you not to lynch Toog, you kept after him anyway, and he eventually just claimed scum because he knew lynching him would be best for us even though he was town. It's time for you to pay up for your "scumhunting" methods.
He told Fate not to lynch Toog, guys! He was saying it would go badly!

Urrgggh. dana smells strongly of scum.
danakillsu wrote:3. Why would I try to scumhunt outside of the person I most believe is scum? This is your problem, attacking 3 people at once. This does not help the town, as no one can tell what you really think. Not everyone can be scum, and it's best to be sure about one person.
This is terrible. We are in multiscum, so tunnelling on one person is exactly the worst thing we should be encouraging. The scum want the other scum to be dead, so they're going to be looking for them just as hard as the town are. Honing in on one target at a time is an excuse to ignore cases on your scumbuddies, but still do scumhunting. Far too convenient.

Important to note

Toogeloo wrote:My list had every role on it, and I still got Silo, so know that every role is in the game.
Vote: chesskid3

Unofficial VC:

chesskid3 - 5 (Fate, Gandalf, Baby Spice, AV, Percy)
dana - 3 (SpyreX, Fate, SP)
Snake - 1 (RC)
Gandalf - 1 (Katsuki)
Katsuki - 1 (Faraday)
Fate - 1 (danakillsu)
IS - 1 (bobsnox)
bobsnox - 1 (IS)
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:28 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Just back briefly today from my V/LA, but to point out form the last few games I have been in recently, CHess is being Chess and Fate is being Fate, however in my last game (Now ended) Fate was much the same using his FATE SMASH method and was scum (Mole Scum infact) so I have reason to believe that he is playing the scum role once more and just trying to shout/post the loudest until everyone follows him.

Vote Fate
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:39 am

Post by Fate »

ACTUALLY I WAS town mole and using my knowledge of scum to get them lynched one by one so:

1. Your limited meta of me is false
2. LOL meta use this late to hop onn BW when youj haven't even read the whole fuckin game apparently??
YOU JUST SOILEDN ANY TOWN POINTS JED HAD SPAMMED TO ACHIIEVED.
RC and Spy, Ill help you kill this scumbag.

Wait...me town mole bussingpowr wise reminds... me
OMFG.

HUGE SLIP INCOMING
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:44 am

Post by Fate »

Bunnylover wrote: To be honest, I only see this situation from both of them.
They are both Town.
They are both Scum on the same team.
This whole ordeal just seems to me set-up, which is why I am considering them both scum on the same team. Whoever gets lynch, the other one scores huge town credit (like they don't already have enough just from past experiences) and probably wouldn't be attacked till they make a slip or someone investigates them and finds them guilty and what not.
They are both Town.
This whole ordeal just seems to me set-up, which is why I am considering them both scum on the same team. Whoever gets lynch, the other one scores huge town credit (like they don't already have enough just from past experiences) and probably wouldn't be attacked till they make a slip or someone investigates them and finds them guilty and what not.
They are both Town.
Bunnylover wrote: To be honest,
I only see
this situation from both of them.
They are both Town.
They are both Scum on the same
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:46 am

Post by Fate »

Bunnylover wrote:As I said before, that interaction did not look like a Town v.s. Town.
Vote: Fate
[smallca[/smallcaps]
THIS. COMBIINED WITH THE SHITTY UNVOTE AND NO REVOTE OR COMMENT ON ANYONE ELSE, EQUALS A SCUMBAG WHO HAS MANAGED TO SURPASS DANAKILLSU
UNVOTE:
VOTE: BUNNYLOVER

NEW WAGON TIME.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:50 am

Post by Fate »

PERCYS CATCH ALSO MAKES THINS NICE N EASY

TWON WIN GUARANTEED IF THESE PEOPLE ARE DEAD:
Kitoari
Chesskid
Snakepliss
Danakills
Bunnylover
Internet Stranger
Baby Spice

I ALSO LOVE THE VOTECOUNT THAT HAS ME AS A DOUBLEVOTER. NOW LET'S GEET TO KILLING
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:04 am

Oh look Fate, its a list of your enemies. Imagine my shock.
I love how you conveniently ignore the lurkers, the V/LA'ers and the low count posters.

Lets hope you grabbed the fallout shelter. Youre making so many "friends" that im sure one of those patriotic Americans is going to be sending a gift nuke your way.
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:04 am

Oh and I love the gobble job you did on Percy there. And then you wonder why I think one of you has to be scum.
Show

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:25 am

Post by chesskid3 »

ssfkapsfaskdf

scrambled for a breadcrumb

that was magically there

in two consecutive posts

that i psoted within minutes

adsfiaiosdjfasidfjasodf

do you even think?

I'm happy to force gandalf to nuke me tomorrow under threat of a lynch. Clearly he thinks I'm scum based on vote, so he'll have no problem going 1-1 with "scum" and being a hero eh?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”