Mini 1099: The Prisoner Mafia. Game Over.

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by camn »

A- I sheep no one. I want you dead. I don't care how.

B- given the fact that you have yet to answer any question put to you, why should anyone answer your questions?

C- I am officially ignoring you for the rest of this game. You are a terrible detriment to us all. Stay out of my way if you are town. If you are scum... Please die.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Ok, my vote isn't moving.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

@Plum: You know how everyone commented on how Jack's play this game is usual for him? Mis-repping is usual for me. It's my thing. I'll give you a couple recent examples one as me scum and one as me town, you can search out the rest if you wish.Newbie #1020 (Scum) Newbie #901 (Town)

@Jack: Then perhaps you can explain why Fate being killed by scum is obvious? I thought it was the other way around. Zang's intentional lurking would have made him look like he was hiding a power role and thus be a good scum kill. Fate, on the other hand, had indeed shown enough potential scumminess that the scum should have kept him around for a mislynch, but that same scumminess would have made Fate a perfect target for a vigilante. As I asked chesskid3 earlier, you want to explain that for the newbie? Because it sure as hell ain't obvious to me.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

So your meta is to be a useless pile of crap?
Cool
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

The Rufflig wrote: Fate a perfect target for a vigilante.
I loled
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: SpyreX

You've played with Jack PLENTY before. So, when you see Jack say something like "hey i think this is an all vanilla setup" when this is a game in CONEY ISLAND and with a NONVANILLA ROLE PM, you know damn well he's not serious. And you use this to push a lynch on him, even after he counterclaims a miller. You haven't been a tinfoil hat theory kind of guy from the times I've played with you. Your "you or me" thing was a load of crap because you knew DAMN WELL that you weren't going to get lynched D1. Fate calls you scum, you pull those tricks, avoid ever answering Fate, then you back down and vote EK, still calling for bullets into Jack all the while. It doesn't make sense.
SpyreX wrote:Did you just vote FOR me and then ask if it goes the other way if you can have my vote?

Is that what I see there?
If you managed to get Jack lynched/shot off your little theory, then I wanted to make sure that you were going to be shut down the next day. There's no better way to do that then by stealing your vote.
camn wrote:Nacho: can you sum up your history with fate? And your day 1 play? Thanks.
Mutual townreads, sheeping, etc. If both of us survive to Day 4, that's because we're both town. Very reluctant to call the other out as scum, but definitely will. Inactivity of either kills the dynamic completely, though.

Day one play was bleeding apathy. Only person I was interested in SpyreX, who has Day 1 lynch immunity. Also setting up my numbers game.

Plum, do you have a strong town read on camn or are you just scared of her?

296:
Fate wrote:BTW Scum you can totally make a case on me using the fact that I called for a PL on chesskid and now I'm talking to him as if he's town.

Plus I claimed miller than retracted it when I got Counter-Claimed.

There's no way in HELL I'm N1 NK fodder this game.

Just think about it FFS
No way that chesscum would kill Fate after this.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Jesus game.

First things first. There may be firey justice but it'd be both ways. Camn, chesskid, you better go out back and have a talk because STILL not the right call for today.

LUCKILY, scum helped by murdering all over that wagon AND lets add in mr Ruff:
EtherealCookie: 7: populartajo (19),
SpyreX
(26), Jack (28),
Zang
(31), Plum (33),
Fate
(36),
Camn
(37)
Hiraki: 2: Ojanen (29),
chesskid3
(32)
SpyreX: 1: Nachomamma8 (16)
Jack: 1:
EtherealCookie
(23)
Fate: 1:
The Rufflig
(27)
Now, lets add another interesting tidbit:

Camn: 18
Chess: 72
Jack: 24
Nacho: 4
Ojanen: 6
Plum: 6
Tajo: 11
SpyreX: 45
The Ruffing: 28

And, the finale:

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p2690136

The rub-rub nudge-nudge case on Ojanen ending with a vote on nacho under the "hasn't posted about anything" (while true, but pot es kettle) is the easy push. This isn't a bus. Especially with Nacho's move starting out which I'll get to.

Plum is scum, Ojanen is probably scum. Considering the absence of SHOCKING REVELATIONS I still would put Jack on the bad side of the world.
You've played with Jack PLENTY before. So, when you see Jack say something like "hey i think this is an all vanilla setup" when this is a game in CONEY ISLAND and with a NONVANILLA ROLE PM, you know damn well he's not serious. And you use this to push a lynch on him, even after he counterclaims a miller. You haven't been a tinfoil hat theory kind of guy from the times I've played with you. Your "you or me" thing was a load of crap because you knew DAMN WELL that you weren't going to get lynched D1. Fate calls you scum, you pull those tricks, avoid ever answering Fate, then you back down and vote EK, still calling for bullets into Jack all the while. It doesn't make sense.
You're missing some key pieces of this meta garbage. Namely, its not ONLY this is all vanilla, but super secret awesome PR AND not questioning Fate in regards to his counterclaim - especially if it was AWESOME PR THAT MEANS I MUST BE A MILLER.

And, the logical dance to go "I'm the only PR in the game so they made me a miller" when if you are the only PR then being a miller means a fat stack of nothing.

EK was a fine lynch and I'm (while not shocked) definitely wroth that he didn't flip because I KNEW not pushing this yesterday would lead to this.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:12 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh yea,
Unvote, Vote: Plum
Show

Proud member of BaM
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:26 pm

Post by camn »

Wow.

For the first time in my life... I have a scum-tingle from SPYREX.
Hmmm.
I am going to table that feeling for now. See if it blooms into something bigger later on.

I don't see how Jacks day 1 shenanigans are anything other than RVS breakers, though. What is the possible scum motivation there?
However, I do think Oj and Plum need to get in the game here.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:40 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

camn wrote:I don't see how Jacks day 1 shenanigans are anything other than RVS breakers, though. What is the possible scum motivation there?
+
Fate wrote:Why would scum start out with "im gonna claim super PR, so as town I'd just speculate that its an all vanilla set-up so thats what ill post like" NBO NONONONONONO OCCAMZ FUCKIN RAZOR.

Why didnt he just CC as miller only? Hell if I fucking know. Maybe he wanted to justify why he said all vanilla set-up, which would have made NO SENSE coming from just a miller. Hell it doesnt make sense coming from a miller-anything but Jack is a dull boy.
addresses the super duper PR bit.

Why would questioning make everything okay? A miller is a miller, whether unlynchable doublevoting governor is in front of it or not.

The EC vote would still make me angry even if he flipped scum. Why would you vote with the two people you thought were gambitting scum? To think that Jack and Fate were going to pull the double miller gambit and then go bus their partner is too much tinfoil hattery for anyone.

And now, you're still not dropping the Jacknoia. You will believe that Jack and Fate were pulling a double-miller gambit. You will believe that scum-Jack counterclaimed town-Fate's miller claim in an instant, and decided to claim some super-PR role for who knows what reason. But it hasn't crossed your mind at ALL that Jack is just gambiting? Not buying it.

338:
chesskid3 wrote:YES BECAUSE I CLEARLY REMEMBER EVERY NIGHTKILL CHOICE IN EVERY GAME I'M IN. SURE THING.

YOU WEREN'T SETTING NACHO UP FOR A TALKING. YOU WERE SETTING HIM UP TO CRACK UNDER PRESSURE TO GET ANOTHER MISSLYNCH.
Part of the chess-camn crapfest. Camn's bit was weak because that was a game I replaced in and was then promptly DK'ed, so Fate's death really wasn't that memorable. Chess's is weak because camn would be insta-lynched if she tried to push my lynch based on "they have a history together and Fate died N1".
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:12 am

Post by camn »

I actually didn't know about that game until chesskid prompted me to search.
I CERTAINLY wasn't planning a case based on it.

It only surfaced because of chess' bizarre defense.
Which turned out to actually be a lie. Or maybe just a fantasy.

I don't think pointing out obvious, factual lies is 'weak'... Though I do admit I shouldn't have been feeding the troll.
Is there some other part of my posts you mean when you say 'weak' or 'crap'?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:18 am

Post by Jack »

Jack wrote:
Jack wrote: MUST REPROCESS
I actually have no idea what I really meant by this, except something about spyrex being on the wagon.

UNVOTE, VOTE:COOKIE
:evil:

vote:spyrex
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:12 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I'm really confused.
I'm going to pick someone to sheep. Is that ok?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:12 am

Post by SpyreX »

Why would questioning make everything okay? A miller is a miller, whether unlynchable doublevoting governor is in front of it or not.
God I've went through this already.

Assume you're some kind of multishot day cop/day vig whatever and also a miller. You decide to claim.

Someone ELSE then also claims miller. At that moment the idea that perhaps, in fact, there's some correlation to there being one or two massive power roles and milleritude. So, you ask what would appear to be a strange question: are you JUST a miller? Because, the answer to that if its no might be both giving some insight AND giving a reason to believe the claim.

And, of course, guess what else? Nothing. Not a scrap of useful from N1. Shocked and awed at that yessir.
And now, you're still not dropping the Jacknoia. You will believe that Jack and Fate were pulling a double-miller gambit. You will believe that scum-Jack counterclaimed town-Fate's miller claim in an instant, and decided to claim some super-PR role for who knows what reason. But it hasn't crossed your mind at ALL that Jack is just gambiting? Not buying it.
There's ONE gambit I'm 'expecting' and if thats the case I'm going to lose my mind.

But, even then, look at the Ruffing's 'gambit' D1. That is a (while not going to catch any but the silliest) a good attempt at a trap. The claiming miller (which hasn't been reducted btw) and the repeated concessions WHILE NOT JUST FESSING UP isn't a good gambit.

But, go for it.

And, regardless, frankly I'm done talking about Jack. Because if its not nipped in the bud this stupid shit is going to go on every day. Because, he's never going to die. Never. Be it BECAUSE HE IS SCUM (HINT) or because he's been left for patsy its not happening.
Show

Proud member of BaM
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

Spyrex wrote:Chess: 72
Jack: 24
Nacho: 4
Ojanen: 6
Plum: 6
The interesting thing about this post count is that it is misleading. Nacho, Ojanen and Plum individually have all contributed more to the game than Jack and chesskid3 combined.

EtherealCookie: 7: populartajo (19), SpyreX (26), Jack (28),
Zang (31)
, Plum (33),
Fate (36)
, Camn (37)
While Plum may suspect there was only 1 scum on EC's wagon, I suspect there were 2. That wagon grew way too fast for me to think otherwise. I'm naming Jack as one of those two scum due to his lack of any contribution to the game, his defense of chesskid3, and his refusal to answer any questions.

We already know chesskid3 is scum from his day 2 posts - insider knowledge, flailing, fishing for the vigilante role, etc.

I'm still thinking about the identity of the third scum.
Don't Panic!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Good vig shots:
Rufflig --------ding ding ding
Camn ----------- ding ding ding
Jack -not so much but meh
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by camn »

Ojanen
.. where are you? Get in this game!

Jack
: I want to see a case from you. A real case to justify your Spyrex Vote, please. If you can't do that, I am inclined to back his play against you. We need real townies, not scrubs and button-mashers.
Can you do this?

Rufflig
: You seem reasonable.. but I am little wary of your "mis-repping is my meta" defense. It is obv that Chess is worthless, and has added nothing to this game. Hardly worth repeating.
But
do you really think Jack AND Chess would both behave this way as a team?
I don't. Chess might be scum.. but just on Odds, since his play is senseless.. (that, of course, is the problem with his playstyle). Jack I would expect better from.

Spyrex
:
What do you think about the setup so far?
This is Troll's game. There was some early setup speculation.. now we have seen some stuff... what say you?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I do like how camn pretending I don't exist counts as a defense.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by camn »

[/ignore]

What would I be defending against?
You have yet to present a case.
Or do
anything
useful.
Because you fail to comprehend how this game is even played.

You should probably go back to "picking someone to sheep", because you are irrelevant.

[ignore]
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Spyrex: What do you think about the setup so far? This is Troll's game. There was some early setup speculation.. now we have seen some stuff... what say you?
Considering I think Jack is full of garbage (and, again, if what I think may happen happens I will be wroth) I think we're looking at a fairly standard setup.

Looking at the kill flavors neither disappeared or garroted strikes me as "good" nk flavor - under the assumation that Fate was the scum NK and Zang the 'other' NK I'd lean towards SK trying to neuter scum/raise a vig defense later.

IF its the other way I could see maaaybe chess being scum. As much bluster as he's getting (hint: the amount of bluster isn't an accident) I'm still seeing town there.

Mason flip, again, under the assumption that its masons and not neighbors makes me find a cop far less likely (which, again, makes Jack's business even more suspect).

My guess? 8:1:3. Lurkers are predominately holding the 4 coveted spots. OF all the lurkers the one I am most torn on is nacho, actually.
Show

Proud member of BaM
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

Bah! Want an off-the-wall theory on the disappearance? It's Zorblag's adaptation of Professor Seltzman's machine from "Do Not Forsake Me Oh, My Darling" - the psyche swapping device. Only since the psyche can't actually swap in real life, the one who used it dies (disappears). The roles/win condition of the two are swapped. The topic of identity theft was also covered in "Schizoid Man". The series also covered other themes such as brain washing, peer pressure and individual vs group (mason flavor fits well here). So, there could even be a cult running about to boot - though that is probably a bit overkill. There is something awfully weird about disappearance as a killing method and I bet there is some strange mechanic going on in the background.

On the topic of chesskid3 and Jack - eh, seems unlikely they would both be so obvious as scum, true. Though if they are town, they certainly need to get into the game or risk receiving the MVS award (most valuable scum) for all their help to the scum faction. Personally, I'll be pissed if they both turn out to be townies who threw away this game just so they can more easily win their other games as scum because "they always play this way".
Don't Panic!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I would think the idiot whose meta is to misrepresent people would be first in line for a coveted MVS award.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

chesskid3 wrote:Hiraki's first post in thread was enough to earn my vote.
Camn's play has been nothing but diversion diversion diversion.
This nacho thing is either a nice framejob or a bus (I don't know which), but I'd like to cash in my sure thing and lynch camn.

Not to mention the "hey let's all do nothing tonight" is NOT SOMETHING TOWN WOULD EVER SUGGEST NO MATTER HOW ANNOYING SOMEONE WAS.
Because scum wouldn't go along with it. Only way the plan works is if Camn is scum.

Not to mention sheeping TheRufflig on obvious bullshit?

Seriously what about her play IS NOT SCUM?
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

I don't use misrepping in every game and certainly not continuously throughout the game. It's a technique that proved useful to me in newbie games though it has completely failed here. I now suspect the technique will not work in any non-newbie game and I don't plan on using it ever again in any non-newbie game.

How many games have you been using your anti-town behavior in now and how often has it proven beneficial to the town?
Don't Panic!
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by camn »

I dont know why I am even bothering to respond. Maybe hoping that CK will start to see that a true townie actually answers questions? Maybe he will start doing it too?
>sigh<
Hmm. Ill hide it for readability.
Spoiler: my refutation of that 'case'.
chesskid3 wrote:Hiraki's first post in thread was enough to earn my vote.
Hmm.. He voted Hiraki before Hiraki even had a chance to post. Or ANYONE had a chance. So this is a lie. Plus.. there is no reasoning as to why he thinks this.. . Fate seemed to think that post was OK.
chesskid3 wrote:Camn's play has been nothing but diversion diversion diversion.
Oh really? diverting from what? This 'accusation' doesn't even make sense. If anyone is a diversion.. well, we all know who the real diversion is. I acknowledge my part though. . . I shouldn't egg him on. I will try harder from now on.
chesskid3 wrote:This nacho thing is either a nice framejob or a bus (I don't know which), ...
Is he saying that either Nacho is scum, or he isn't scum? Yes, he is. Too bad he DIVERTED the game away from my questioning Nacho. That might have been productive.
chesskid3 wrote:Not to mention the "hey let's all do nothing tonight" is NOT SOMETHING TOWN WOULD EVER SUGGEST NO MATTER HOW ANNOYING SOMEONE WAS.
Because scum wouldn't go along with it. Only way the plan works is if Camn is scum.
Actually.. he just doesnt think before he types, does he? Town PRs are just as likely to NOT GO ALONG as scum. Maybe MORE likely, since investigative and protective roles could act, and no one would ever know, unless they too acted. And chess isn't just annoying, but hurting the town, and taking the fun out of the game for just about everyone. It would have been worth it.
chesskid3 wrote:Not to mention sheeping TheRufflig on obvious bullshit?
Never happened.
----
@chess
Now Please, for everyone's sake... leave me alone.
You have no support.
You have no case.
You have no skill at the game of mafia.
You are a button-masher, and a troll.
If I was scum, you would already be dead. Not Fate. Which is obvious to anyone who is paying any bit of attention.
I fully intend to go back to completely ignoring you... because that is how terrible you are at this game.
k-thnx-bai.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”