Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:32 pm

Post by Iammars »

Don Gaetano wrote:
And you're male...
I know, I know. I'm gonna hang myself now... :(

That's the downside of having a photographic memory. The 16 languages come in handy, though :D
I hope that doesn't mean you've seen one...

And I wish I had a photographic memory. Might bring my Spanish grade up...
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:44 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

I hope that doesn't mean you've seen one...
I have seen one, fortunately not in use, and only in a picture. I read an article about it a few years ago. Apparently it's much more hygienic than tampons that can cause many health problems....

I'm think I'll leave it at that.
And I wish I had a photographic memory. Might bring my Spanish grade up...
You know, you only see the positive sides. Strange enough, I still manage to forget my dentist appointments, and stuff like that. I just remember facts... every last one of them, and I can tell you that it's not as fun as it seems. Be careful what you wish for.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:47 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

On a more serious note. Are we really just going to accept a no lynch? I think we're going to be sorry we did...
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:49 pm

Post by Iammars »

Who are we going to lynch? roland or the unnightkillable townie. Those seem like our only two options, and neither look appealing.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:49 pm

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

Can't help you out there maybe next round I'll F and vote
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:50 pm

Post by Iammars »

Yarrr, please do.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

Who are we going to lynch? roland or the unnightkillable townie. Those seem like our only two options, and neither look appealing.
You've read my reasoning, and you still think he's pro-town?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:56 pm

Post by Iammars »

Don Gaetano wrote:
Raj is alex, right?
I think one of Raj's real names is Alex, yes. Most likely the "a" in Raj :D

I also think we have to hurry up and lynch someone, time is running out, and if I understood the rules correctly there will be no lynch unless someone gets 5 votes on them, period.

So I'll
vote: LyingBrian
again

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. There can't possibly be a day killing group in this game considering the amount of night kills there was last night. That means that if LyingBrian was pro-town it would be impossible for the scum to win, unless the members of the hypotetical two-person mafia both remained untill the end with him. The other killing groups wouldn't be able to win at all.

How can a pro-town role be immune to night kills when we have so many different killing groups? The only explanations I can see are that either:

1. The scum have another winning conditions than "last group standing" which is normal, and we haven't been told about it.

2. There's actually just 1 killing group, they just get to kill 3 people, in completely different ways each night.

3. Raj messed up the layout for the game, and didn't think about the consequences of having an un-killable townie.

4. LyingBrian is scum, if he lied about his role or not.

If those are the options I'd guess option 4 is most likely. I just can't believe it's that easy. Am I missing something? Are there other options?

Since I'm pretty new at this I might be overlooking something obvious. Please correct me if I'm missing something. If I'm wrong I promise to apologise and hide under the table in shame, but if I'm right LyingBrian has to be scum.
You mean this quote, correct?
Looking at this from a mod's point of view, 3 nightkilling groups is hard to balance in a mini. You need a lot of doc-like roles or self-protection roles to make sure we don't go into lynch-or-lose on D2. Plus the fact that a power role WILL die N1. I believe that LB's role makes sense, and that it is probably a very important role in the balance of the game. You make it seem like an unnightkillable townie completely breaks the setup, which I believe it doesn't, but is essential to the setup.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:00 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

^^that's what I think Iammars! So vote Don Gaetano!

BTW...@Don that's what I thought a vaginal cup was but raj said something different and we were confused. There are some confusing pictures floating around on the internet...
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:02 pm

Post by Iammars »

He hasn't roleclaimed yet, and it's very important to my role that people claim before they're lynched.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:04 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

If there's only one scum group then the town has already lost, since they can kill three times each night. If there are more, then the town has a chance because they will eventually target each other and/or the same individual. So there has to be more than one scum group (most likely 3 considering the kills last night). If there are many scum groups. How can the scum win if there's an un-nightkillable townie? Except for a few HIGHLY unlikely scenarios, the best the scum could do is to hope for a draw. Doesn't that break the setup?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:05 pm

Post by Iammars »

Don Gaetano wrote:If there's only one scum group then the town has already lost, since they can kill three times each night. If there are more, then the town has a chance because they will eventually target each other and/or the same individual. So there has to be more than one scum group (most likely 3 considering the kills last night). If there are many scum groups. How can the scum win if there's an un-nightkillable townie? Except for a few HIGHLY unlikely scenarios, the best the scum could do is to hope for a draw. Doesn't that break the setup?
Did LB say he was Unlynchable? NO. When the scum has majority, they can lynch him with no opposition.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:06 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

CLAIM DON
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:08 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

Did LB say he was Unlynchable? NO. When the scum has majority, they can lynch him with no opposition.
But if there's three or more scum groups. Then they would have to kill each other to win. If there was two scum and LB left, they would have to choose either to have a draw with LB or each other. They wouldn't be able to win.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:09 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

CLAIM DON
I think it's better if I wait untill tomorow to do that, if people want me to.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:10 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Don Gaetano wrote:
But if there's three or more scum groups. Then they would have to kill each other to win. If there was two scum and LB left, they would have to choose either to have a draw with LB or each other. They wouldn't be able to win.
Not really...depends on who targets who and stuff.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:11 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

Not really...depends on who targets who and stuff.
Yes, really. They wouldn't target LB during the night if he's un-nightkillable now would they?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:12 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm saying they target eachother to kill eachother. Different scum groups can kill eachother even if they can't kill LB.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:13 pm

Post by Iammars »

First of all, you're assuming that there are three or more scum groups. Personally, I hope that one of those was a stupid vig.
Second, I'm sure that raj has dealt with that situation and has a mod note on that. And there have been games that ended in draws. Muppets and Tom Cruise Mini come to mind.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:14 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

I'm saying they target eachother to kill eachother. Different scum groups can kill eachother even if they can't kill LB.
Precisly, but then they would both die, and town would win. It doesn't work
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:14 pm

Post by Iammars »

Don Gaetano wrote:
CLAIM DON
I think it's better if I wait untill tomorow to do that, if people want me to.
Just say your role name. If it's a certain one, then I can help you.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:16 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

And there have been games that ended in draws. Muppets and Tom Cruise Mini come to mind.
I'm not saying that a game couldn't end in a draw. I'm saying that if Lb is pro-town, then the game would either end with a town victory or a draw, and that doesn't make sense.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:17 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

OMG...if you're not scum, I don't understand how you cannot get this.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:17 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:dont try to out guess the mod.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:17 pm

Post by Iammars »

Don Gaetano wrote:
And there have been games that ended in draws. Muppets and Tom Cruise Mini come to mind.
I'm not saying that a game couldn't end in a draw. I'm saying that if Lb is pro-town, then the game would either end with a town victory or a draw, and that doesn't make sense.
You're automatically assuming that the scum will always be down to max one scum per group at the end of the game, which may/may not be true. There is most likely a group of two or more out there, and if at least two of them survive, they can win.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”