DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:12 am

Post by chesskid3 »

you have to vote for someone who claims scum
but they never flip scum
it's kind of stupid
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:20 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Is that why you voted for him then Chess? Becuase you knew he would flip town?
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:21 am

Post by chesskid3 »

chesskid3 wrote:
you have to vote for someone who claims scum

but they never flip scum
it's kind of stupid
Reading comprehension is good
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Oh WTF?

Toog, youre retarded. Why did you have to pull a bitch move and take the ball and go home like that? Had you put up much of a fight, you could have beat Fate. Why did you piss yourself when you saw his sheep falling for his bullshit?

I think this little rage act from Fate of going all waterboarding on someone until they break is fun to watch, but not really all that helpful. Its like torture, eventually the oppressed is just going to tell you what you want to hear, like Toog is doing. Nice going Fate. When youre all loud and waving your hands in the air like youre doing, its hard to get a read. But eventually you can still get found out as scum.

Im not worried about Fate because scum are going to target him anyways. Either the opposing faction or either one of them if he happens to be town.

I still say Percy is playing the White Knight role a little too well. I DONT TRUST HIM. He is sitting back, playing the good guy, riding Fate's coattails and sniping on the weak.

Jack... when is DEFCON2 starting again? Did you mean actual time tomorrow or game time tomorrow? I thought it was in like two weeks?

One scum ALWAYS stays off the current wagon. Bob is still dumb. Faraday is voting for two people according to the vote count. I would have been voting Fate had I been back in time, Percy is clearly in my sights (hope you like nukes), RC, whats with you?

So that leaves Vesudeva as a very likely scum as well. He had no reason to sit out. He could have clearly picked a side and didnt, why?
Percy also falls into this category. Mostly everything is probably doubled because of the two factions.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Internet Stranger wrote:I still say Percy is playing the White Knight role a little too well. I DONT TRUST HIM. He is sitting back, playing the good guy, riding Fate's coattails and sniping on the weak.
While I would like to agree with this, there are two scum factions. So even if he is doing a superb job playing White Knight, and nailing the other faction, he is hurting his faction just the same by being so vocal and likely drawing kills from the other team. Unless he is Air Base, and confident that he can live without worry of the other team's night kills, then I why put such a big target on his back?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Internet Stranger wrote:Toog, youre retarded.
Oh, and this is true too. I have an IQ of 82. Thanks for pointing that out, jerk.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I kid, I kid...

<3 IS.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:47 am

Toog, assuming that one of us Americans got the cop role, we still have to deal with double checks just to rule one person out.
After that, there is the whole WIFOM deal of "would he act that way if he was really scum?".

In the meantime, a communist scumbag like Percy or Fate could be causing all sorts of damage to the town by distorting reads and taking good natured Americans out in the meantime before they are caught. By then, their komrades will be buried deep amongst us and it will be harder to weed them out.

I still say that Percy and Vesudeva are filthy communist scum. Bob might be scum, but its another WIFOM of "Scum cant possibly be this dumb".
Someone like Percy might be hard to lynch. If he was smart he would have taken the fallout shelter. I dont think he will live long in DEFCON 1. (Just sayin').
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:48 am

Post by chesskid3 »

IS, what do you think of gandalf?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:59 am

Good question. Gandalf. Are you a fellow patriotic American?
Show

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I will honestly be surprised if too many more people even poke their nose into this topic until DEFCON 2 starts.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Katsuki »

So after all this sparring, how certain are you that fate is town? You seem to feel this was town on town?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I am far less sure of Fate's alignment than I was when he was pushing for dana's lynch. I would say there is a strong possibility that it was Town v. Town there, especially in the last 48 hours.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:45 am

Post by SocioPath »

gandalf5166 wrote:2. Didn't we already decide that anybody who picked failsafe would be insta-lynched? There is no pro-town reason to pick that.
SocioPath wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:Why would the failsafe be town? If any member of the town put failsafe anywhere on their list, they need to die now.
This is a terrible line of thought.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yea chess is either ballsy as all get out or town (hint: its the latter) good to see.

D3 start I'll have a nice shiny list.

Tomorrow, I swear to god, Jed or Dana. Believe in me.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Kitoari »

Baby Spice has been posting in other games, but not this one.

BOO LURKERSCUM
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Fate »

Its gonna be a looooooooooong night.

There are no words Panda.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

What's to talk about?
Crapping on during twilight is such use.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Nice to see you baby.
Were these past few days enough for you to get caught up?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Katsuki wrote:...

So after all this sparring, how certain are you that fate is town? You seem to feel this was town on town?
A couple hours later of dwelling, my gut kind of twitches at the idea that Baby and Fate could be allied, and that, "FATESMASH!" attitude could have been a cover to protect his pal, but considering I am the ONLY person who voted Baby during this phase, I don't find it nearly that likely.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

AV 1076 wrote:RedCoyote/Bunnylover; why no Toog vote? If he's town, what reason at all would he have to claim scum? I see that Fate takes a lot out of you but come on, if he's town that's just a stupid thing to do. I mean, as scum its a stupid thing to do but hey, we get a scumlynch D1 so I'm not complaining.
AV, the reason I didn't vote is because it wasn't too hard to guess that this would happen. Like dana said, it was fairly easy to read it as though he was being sarcastic. In a real way it looks as though he wanted to be through with the game, but, you know, replacing out would've been nice.

I mean, I could've went on a tear trying to tell people not to vote him, but I don't know this guy's motivations. I didn't really want him lynched, and I didn't really want Fate lynched. I'm not trying to shirk responsibility, but you, chess, Snake, and dana are lying to yourselves if y'all are going to try and act as though he was some sort of free lynch, no questions asked.

I've seen it happen from the first day I got here, and I'll keep seeing it until the day I stop playing. People log on too frequently, they burn themselves out, and it sucks. Toogeloo was constantly logging on, getting increasingly tired of having to defend himself, and got tired of it. The same thing happened to JC in a different way. Instead of pacing himself, he was constantly checking the thread and throwing down post after post, so much so that virtually everyone wanted a piece of him. I'm not saying, like, everyone should mimic me and my schedule. (Please don't, actually, because we need people more active than I am to keep the game interesting.) What I am saying is that everyone should pick up on these things, and if any of you four didn't pick up on it, then you need to seriously take a step back. All four of you, rightly or wrongly, are on notice as far as I'm concerned.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Red I'd bet town but you can NEVER NEVER let that kind of business go unchecked.

And, JC, well. All in due time.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I wouldn't say I was tired or burnt out. I just went about this game entirely the wrong way. I am a person who posts quite frequently on MS, regardless of alignment, alot has to do with the long days. The thing that got me was the discussion without votes portion of the game. I allowed myself to talk so much with nothing else to distract anyone, that I eventually got stuck in quicksand.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 1, DEFCON 3 - Vote Count V - The Final Vote Count]

"The aim of military training is not just to prepare men for battle, but to make them long for it." --Louis Simpson

[Votes]

AurorusVox
(0)
Baby Spice
(0)
bobsnox
(1) - Internet Stranger
bunnylover
(1) - VasudeVa
chesskid3
(1) Percy
danakillsu
(1) - Faraday
Faraday
(0)
Fate
(1) - bunnylover
gandalf5166
(0)
Internet Stranger
(1) - bobsnox
Jack
(0)
Katsuki
(1) - Faraday
Kitoari
(0)
Percy
(0)
RedCoyote
(0)
SnakePlissken
(1) - RedCoyote
SocioPath
(0)
SpyreX
(0)
Toogeloo
(11) - Fate, Jack, SocioPath, gandalf5166, Baby Spice, Katsuki, SpyreX, chesskid3, AurorusVox, SnakePlissken, danakillsu
VasudeVa
(0)

Not voting
(2) - Toogeloo, Kitoari

[Activity]

The deadline is Wednesday, 29 December at 11:59pm EST. Eleven votes are required to lynch.
No prods currently needed.

"Mr President, we've received an intelligence breifing from some of our top-level analysts."
"Good, good."
"It's about one of our recently appointed nuclear facility commanders."
"What? I thought we were done with all that. We have an international crises to handle."
"Sir, it's related ... apparently, he confessed to being a communist."
"What the hell?! When did this happen? And why in god's name...?"
"A secret internal affairs investigation took place. Very comprehensive. When confronted with the evidence, he confessed."
"Just like that."
"Yes, sir. Very cut and dry. Congratulations."
"Congratulations my ass. First, why wasn't I informed of this? Second, bullshit. No one confesses to treason."
"This one did, apparently."
"And under what circumstances was this 'confession' obtained?"
"No idea, sir."
"Of course you don't."
"That's right, sir."
"Smells like a load of bullshit to me. How long was he locked in a room being berated? Or worse?"
"I have no idea, sir. But it makes no difference."
"What do you mean 'it makes no difference?' Of course it makes a diference! This is fishy as hell. There's a significant chance this man is innocent!"
"Yes, but...he confessed, sir. And the majority of the people in the loop agree the confession was legitimate. We cannot simply ignore them."
"I'll ignore them if I want to."
"Sir, we may be on the brink of a war. We need to keep our eye on the prize."
"And I thought we would start by talking about the prize. You know, the
enemy.
Not one of our own operatives on American soil!"
"It's unfortunate, sir."
"Unfortunate doesn't even begin to cover it. How do you plan to handle this man, exactly? The last thing we want right now is a public spectacle. I can see the headlines now, "High ranking official falsely accused..."
"Don't worry, sir. I'll handle it."
"Oh, I'm sure you will. If my name wasn't on this before, I sure as hell don't want it added now."
"Of course, sir."

Toogeloo (American, Missile silo) - transferred to a secret CIA detention facility on Day 1.

It is now Night 1. Because of the upcoming Christmas holiday, night will last until Sunday, 26 December at 9am EST. Please submit all your actions by this time.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:24 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Day 2, DEFCON 2]

[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. Enemy movement detected.
[NOARD SYSTEM] Checking for false positive…
[NOARD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. Threat legitimate.
[NOARD SYSTEM] Deploying automatic interception…
[NOARD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. Enemy movement detected.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Checking for...
[NOARD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. Enemy movement detected.
[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. Enemy movement detected.

"Sir, multiple Russian Tu-95s have been detected in our airspace."
"What's their flight path?"
"They diverted immediately after interception, sir."
"What's the big deal, then? Forward the incident briefing to our embassy and have them deal with it."
"Sir, at the same time, there have been reports of Chinese aircraft carriers entering our territorial waters."
"What the hell!? they're within 200 miles of our shores?!"
"Yes, sir. We can't know for certain…but given the Russian incidents, we might have to assume the attacks are coordinated."
"They wouldn't dare. Get me the Russian and Chinese ambassadors immediately."
"Yes, sir."
"Seriously, what the hell do they think they're playing at."
"Looks like a power grab."
"Well the damned commies won't be grabbing shit from us - not on my watch. We will have an appropriate military response at the ready. Assemble our top military generals and intelligence analysts. I want a suggested target within the hour."
"Right away, sir."
"Thank you … and move us to DEFCON 2. I want everyone on their toes for this one."
"Hell yes, sir."

[NORAD SYSTEM] Attention all units, this is command. We are at DEFCON 2. Repeat, we are DEFCON 2. Numerous hostiles in our territory have been confirmed. You are cleared to shoot to kill on sight. Over and out.

It is now Day 2, DEFCON 2. The deadline is Tuesday, 11 January at 11:59pm EST.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”