Chaos
Townie
Chaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:32 pm

Post by Chaos »

I cannot vote until after I eat supper.

I'm 99% sure that I said this already so...
FOS: elvis_knits
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:33 pm

Post by Iammars »

Chaos wrote:I cannot vote until after I eat supper.

I'm 99% sure that I said this already so...
FOS: elvis_knits
We just did. You can vote now.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:34 pm

Post by Iammars »

Don Gaetano wrote:
I can say that at least one of the four is not scum.
Not necessarily, Raj could be scum in his spare time :D
Raj is alex, right?
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:15 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

Raj is alex, right?
I think one of Raj's real names is Alex, yes. Most likely the "a" in Raj :D

I also think we have to hurry up and lynch someone, time is running out, and if I understood the rules correctly there will be no lynch unless someone gets 5 votes on them, period.

So I'll
vote: LyingBrian
again

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. There can't possibly be a day killing group in this game considering the amount of night kills there was last night. That means that if LyingBrian was pro-town it would be impossible for the scum to win, unless the members of the hypotetical two-person mafia both remained untill the end with him. The other killing groups wouldn't be able to win at all.

How can a pro-town role be immune to night kills when we have so many different killing groups? The only explanations I can see are that either:

1. The scum have another winning conditions than "last group standing" which is normal, and we haven't been told about it.

2. There's actually just 1 killing group, they just get to kill 3 people, in completely different ways each night.

3. Raj messed up the layout for the game, and didn't think about the consequences of having an un-killable townie.

4. LyingBrian is scum, if he lied about his role or not.

If those are the options I'd guess option 4 is most likely. I just can't believe it's that easy. Am I missing something? Are there other options?

Since I'm pretty new at this I might be overlooking something obvious. Please correct me if I'm missing something. If I'm wrong I promise to apologise and hide under the table in shame, but if I'm right LyingBrian has to be scum.
darquiel
darquiel
Goon
darquiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:01 pm

Post by darquiel »

From what I seee I am thinking four would be most likely of those honestly.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:05 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

unvote

vote: Don Gaetano

voting for somebody just to get a lynch is not helpful to the town! also, my role is provable! nobody protect me, and somebody target me! if that happens, i can guarantee there will be at most 3 kills tomorrow morning! of course, that does not prove i'm scum or town, just that i did not lie about my ability! maybe the balance to my powerful role is that nobody will believe it?!?
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:51 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

unvote

vote: Don Gaetano

voting for somebody just to get a lynch is not helpful to the town! also, my role is provable! nobody protect me, and somebody target me! if that happens, i can guarantee there will be at most 3 kills tomorrow morning! of course, that does not prove i'm scum or town, just that i did not lie about my ability! maybe the balance to my powerful role is that nobody will believe it?!?
I'm sorry if my post's length wasn't enough to convince you that I didn't just vote you "to get a lynch" as you put it. I'll try to make my explanation even longer next time. The only reason why I said "we need to hurry up and lynch someone" (I didn't choose the best way to say it, I'll give you that) is that we are in fact running out of time, and unless we want a no lynch we need to choose who should be lynched very soon.

When it comes to your role being provable. My point is that I believe you have the ability you say you have, expecially because of what Elvis has said, I just don't think you're pro-town. I can't understand how the game mechanics could allow a pro-town role that makes it impossible for the scum to win. The fact that you haven't been able to think of a plausible fifth option to the explanations I could think of in my last post doesn't make you look more innocent, either.

And I can't believe that Raj would think your role was balanced by the fact that nobody would believe it. Because that means that if we in fact did believe you, the game would be over and the town would've already won. Letting a mafia game be decided by the town's reaction to a single claim sounds like a terrible layout to me.

---

By the way, I hope everyone understands that I don't think we should lynch LB right away. I atleast want to hear from people who maybe think a bit clearer than me, on how LB's role could work in the game if he is infact pro-town as he claims. But if nobody can think of a good explanation, then I guess today's lynch is a no-brainer.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:52 pm

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

This is one way that the mod can allow a pro-town role into the game that is impossible to night kill. We're all set to lynch LB, just because he claimed this role. If the mod knows that the town will assume that there can't be a unkillable role, then he can feel free to put one in, knowing that if anyone claims unkillable townie, the town will assume that their lying and lynch them. Thus the role is killed, making it possible for the mafia to win again. This is something that I wouldn't be at all suprised if raj had put in. As I believe Raj himself stated earlier, don't try to out guess the mod. This game is crazy enough that just about anything can happen.

That said, I'm not sure I believe LB's claim either. In a game with this many killing groups, having a scum that couldn't be night killed would be well within the range of possibility. This could be a ploy that would bring out any potential vig. Of course, unless the unkillable scum had a partner, that wouldn't be useful at all, as he would have no reason at all to be afraid of the vig. Anyway, I don't know if I believe LB, but I don't think that we can be positive that he's lying.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:11 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

I for one do not think Raj (or anyone else for that matter) would risk his entire game on the assumption that we would lynch LB in this situation. What if a bandwagon never formed against LB in the first place? What if nobody thought about the consequences a pro-town role would have on the setup? Raj might be unpredictable, and I agree with the point that we shouldn't try outguessing the mod, but having an un-killable townie without some sort of mechanism to get around it for the scum, would be idiotic.

The ONLY thing that makes me uncertain is precisly game mechanics. Is it possible that there is a game mechanism that would make the scum able to win even if LB can't be nightkilled? If someone with more experience than me can think of a scenario where the chances of such a mechanism existing are higher than slim to nothing, then fine, but if not, LB is scum. It's as simple as that.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:29 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Forget somthing rangeroFthenorth?

you better start remembering or im going to get really mad.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:42 pm

Well at least my posting restriction is conFirmed.:| I apologize once again For my inability to capitalize my F***ing Fs.:oops:

I can't think of any mechanism that could nulliFy the ability. I can't imagine that we have one killing group that can kill multiple times. That, in itselF, would be Far too powerFul. ThereFore, there would always be at most only 1 group oF scum that could possibily win. Don Gaetano is right. IF we assume that raj didn't put in the role assuming it would get lynched, we can't very well believe LB's claim.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:04 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

and that's exactly why i will be lynched...

i'm sure anyone else in my situation would understand my unwillingness to claim! if i claim i'm dead b/c the town doesn't believe me (besides Iammars confirming Erika is a student at BostonU, something i would have no knowledge of, unless it was in my role!) i stilll contend that 1 killing group targeting me would be a good idea to test my role, (unless you believe the anti-town roles have 4 kills & a doc protection!)

i am definitely willing to submit myself to as many night-kills as is necessary to confirm my role! anyone who is opposed to this should be under serious suspicion!

P.S. [sarcasm]i'm just a LITTLE bit tipsy, so if this doesn't make sense, i'lll fix it in the morning![/sacrasm]

P.P.S. except for the "fix it in the morning" thing... i willl seriously review this tomorrow morning...
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:47 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Oh sorry Chaos...chaos's restriction is that he can't vote until after dinner...I totally skipped over that part. That was dumb of me. :oops:
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:31 am

Post by Iammars »

LB, I have no idea about raj's life besides what has been said on this forum. You're thinking of elvis.

And I think a name claim would be good.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Iammars wrote:
Don Gaetano wrote:
I can say that at least one of the four is not scum.
Not necessarily, Raj could be scum in his spare time :D
Raj is alex, right?
Alex is his middle name, and the name that he goes by.

LB's claim about Erica is a law student at BU is completely correct, so I know that isn't fake. The only part he could be faking is that he is town :P I dunno though. The claim to be unnightkillable because she lives so far from Kentucky seems believable. Personally, I believe LB.

A mass claim? I'd do it if everyone agrees. I don't have a problem with it, but I don't really know the pro's and con's to it.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:16 am

Post by Iammars »

The pros is that it helps my role.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

From what Don and RotN are saying, scum can't win if LB is an unkillable townie.

HOW ABOUT IF THE SCUM KILL EVERYONE ELSE AND LYNCH LB THE LAST DAY?

LB can be lynched...so they can just lynch him when there's nobody else to prevent it (i.e. other townies).

About LB,
don wrote:When it comes to your role being provable. My point is that I believe you have the ability you say you have, expecially because of what Elvis has said, I just don't think you're pro-town.
If having an unkillable townie is so powerful and unbalancing, how much more unbalancing is it to have an unkillable scum when we are already screwed into having three kills the first night? It sounds like town couldn't win with a set up like that.

unvote
vote don gaetano
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:33 am

Having an unkillable scum is unimportant. The primary way to get rid oF scum is by lynching them. A one person scum group that was unkillable is easily balanced baecause of the likelyhood of getting lynched. An unkillable townie is unbalanced because the primary way oF getting rid oF scum is by nightkilling them. IF you disable the scums way oF getting rid oF a townie, it makes it impossible For the town to win. Diabling the scum's way oF getting rid oF a scum only makes it more diFFicult For the opposing scum groups, but doesn't really inconvenience the town at all.
[quote="elvis_knits]HOW ABOUT IF THE SCUM KILL EVERYONE ELSE AND LYNCH LB THE LAST DAY?

LB can be lynched...so they can just lynch him when there's nobody else to prevent it (i.e. other townies). [/quote]
I'm assuming that no scum group could get multiple kills. IF this is true, then there are at least three scum groups. With three scum groups distributed over Four scum that would be at least 2 scum groups that had no chance of winning as they would only have one person apiece. This setup seems unbalanced to me.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:13 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

DONT QUESTION THE SETUP!!

DEADLINE TONITE AT 8:30PM
Show

raj's to do list:

RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:24 am

rajrhcpfreak wrote:DONT QUESTION THE SETUP!!
Than would you mind enlightening us into its intricate details? IF you would simply tell us who the scum were, oh mighty and powerFul moderator, we would have no need oF these risky tactics. IF you, in your benevolence, would see Fit to give us these details, we would be eternally grateFul, oh glorius mod.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:26 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

I SHOULD HAVE MOD KILLED YOU WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE.
Show

raj's to do list:

Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:21 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

LB can be lynched...so they can just lynch him when there's nobody else to prevent it (i.e. other townies).
The point is that this would be possible if there was only one killing group, but I hope you agree with me that it seems highly unlikely that there's only one killing group considering 3 people got killed last night in completely different ways. So if LB can't be killed during the night, that means that if one og the SK's remain untill the end with him there would have to be a draw, and the scum's only hope of winning would be that the town lynches LB at one time or the other.

That does not make sense...

...I rest my case.
Chaos
Chaos
Townie
Chaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:10 am

Post by Chaos »

Iammars wrote:We just did. You can vote now.
I already did, right after the dinner_table.pic post. I'm voting for RotN, as promised earlier.
elvis_knits wrote:Oh sorry Chaos...chaos's restriction is that he can't vote until after dinner...I totally skipped over that part. That was dumb of me. :oops:
np man :P
Chaos
Chaos
Townie
Chaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:17 am

Post by Chaos »

Shoot, I just realized that if we don't agree on a lynch by tonight, there will be NO LYNCH!

!!!

Ok, as townies, we
know
that can't be good for the town, so when we are approaching the deadline,
I will move my vote onto lyingbrian to avoid a no-lynch.
I will only do so because I realize that he is kinda scummy, and because there are not enough people voting for RotN.

The town will have no chance to win if we land a no-lynch.
Even though I would rather lynch RotN...
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:19 am

I would rather lynch LyingBrian. But that's just me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”