PYP 4: New Homes, Same Problems (Day 5)

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Post by Hoopla »

From my perspective, Jack flipping scum makes adds a deeper level of wifom to the number/role picking strategy, as he is one of the few players intimately familiar with inner mechanics of the PYP games. He's also been prone to lurking and taking an apathetic stance as scum though, as he did in the Large Normal game I ran earlier this year, where he played quite poorly. It could be tied directly with interest, but I feel having (at least) two weak/new players on your scumteam would give him more influence in the scumteam's decisions. I'll get back to this point later in my post.

Scum choosing to kill the Gunsmith over the Cop says three things to me; they're confident Prana won't be believed, they're fearing a watcher or they've got the Inverter role, which effectively acts as a Godfather. It could be a combination of all three, but I'd say the watcher fear/Invertor role would be more influential in making such a decision. I'm very confident in clearing PranaDevil as town based on two reasons; Guderian, a confirmed watcher, has proven Prana to be where he claimed to be investigating, which almost guarantees he is a cop. It could be argued he is a scum cop, but when you look at the reasons for picking this role as scum, it makes no sense for scum to go for it that low down. The reason to pick cop as scum is to block town getting it, in which case, going for it higher up the list makes much more sense. I'm mildly confident scum have an inverter, in which case, it is likely to be Llama or one of the 6's, I feel.

Le Cupcake is a town Vigilante, as going for the vig that low down is a very big risk, which if they really wanted it, have at least two higher picks to go for it. Why go for it there when it's likely to be gone? It's not a scum play at all, even with Jack at the helm. Before anyone cites PYP2 where scum picked up vig as the 7th pick, circumstances were completely different. There was only one vig - it was clearly the most powerful role, and scum owned the first pick. It was a safe assumption that number 1 would go for it from a town perspective, so it was equally safe to let it drop. Less so here, as either of the vigs (particularly the weaker one - Even night) could reasonably be taken from any of the the top 10 picks. I'm quite confident Cupcake is town, and should be shooting one of the unconfirmed 6's.

Benmage is still obviously town, for confirming Gude's role, being on a low doubled up number with scum, and being on every scum lynch. I'm less sure of Ellibereth, but I'm defering to others' belief of him to be town for now - I don't think he'd pick the same number/role as scum, particularly when scum's strategy this game has been to block and stop town roles.

~~

The beauty of this situation is, we get another shot from our cop, unless scum want to surrender a one-for-one trade with the watcher.
Bolding this bit for Guderian; please watch Prana, incase that wasn't obvious enough already
. We have another shot from the Cupcake vig who can whittle down the 6's. We force scum to kill Guderian or Cupcake, meaning we'll still have myself and Prana as innocents tomorrow, with obv-townies Benmage and Pomegranate still alive. I think the only thing that prevents this from being an obvious sweep is the possibility of an Inverter role, but we can address these fears tomorrow if we don't hit scum now or tonight. If we do hit scum now, I think we should enough regardless.

I'm content with Andrius/DGB kills - I wouldn't be opposed to iamausername, but we can deal with him tomorrow if we don't hit scum in the 6's. I might have some more to say after work...
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I can't see a potential scumteam here without
at least
one of the 6's being scum. We can wipe through three of them by tomorrows lynch without much damage to the town at all.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:57 pm

Post by Andrius »

I don't think you'll need to convince Katsuki to shoot me. ;)
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:59 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Since you seem to be the resident Jack expert Hoopla, what do you think of "At least two of Eli/Fate/Cupcake/Prana are scum" thing?

What I have picked up off him shows that he really wanted to avoid looking in the 6s for scum, but that really doesnt give much apart from what is already widely assumed of "at least one six is scum".

I do think looking through him that cupcake/prana are slightly more likely to be town however then I had cupcake at earlier.

DGB/Andrius are ok for a kill duo, but IAU/Andrius is miles better. To make a point...

unvote
Vote IAU

While taking shots at SS when that wagon was going on he jumps to the xvart wagon, ignores gandalf until he makes the whole slipish comment, doesnt vote jack until he has been hammered already, lurkered it up.

Seriously though, his intereactions with slow are very telling. He votes slow out the gate for the comment regarding gud possibly taking vanilla. Continues some competitive banter with slow while he moves his vote over to xvart later on. When he moves back to look at the gandalf wagon, he picks out slow as the most scummy player with ties to the way that wagon occured, although again dismisses a vote there, to go absolutely nowhere. Later in the day though he comes back saying how he would love to hammer slow.

He is scum, specifically because slow was scum.

Please shoot IAU over DGB. All she wanted was some fruit and to give avatars santa hats.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Post by Le Cupcake »

I don't need to waste my bullet on you. It's off to the ropes with you.

Btw thanks for commenting on D1 when that was some 3 weeks or so ago.

P-EDIT: What do you think of the inhim wagon analysis, llama?
Cupcake Mafia II has been delayed due to multiple instances of multiple computers spontaneously combusting...-_-
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:03 pm

Post by Le Cupcake »

EBWOP: Or better put, the inhim wagon?

To requote, votes were llama, gud, fate, cupcake, parama and DGB.

Parama is flipped town. I know that we are town, and if you (llama) are also town, then it leave one scum amongst gud, fate, and DGB.

I feel narrowing down this wagon may be beneficial, as I find it rather unlikely that there were completely no scum on it.
Cupcake Mafia II has been delayed due to multiple instances of multiple computers spontaneously combusting...-_-
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Andrius »

To clear up some confusion (Cupcake and Fate): I haven't actually read the thread. I started this morning. So I wasn't really lurking, just hadn't had the time to start working on the game.

More rereading later.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Andrius »

*reading, as in the first time ^^;
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

I would say inhim wagon was likely town driven. All town. Seriously. Outside chance of a few flipping scum, but probably not.
Co-host of The USL Show
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by Le Cupcake »

Andrius wrote:To clear up some confusion (Cupcake and Fate): I haven't actually read the thread. I started this morning. So I wasn't really lurking, just hadn't had the time to start working on the game.

More rereading later.
Heyhey you do know that both lei and I know what happened the last time you claimed stuff like this... (AKA SCUMZ)
You mind as well give up and just let your body hang freely so that we can continue our perfect lynching record :D

@llama: I do not believe that there are "few scum" on the wagon, but I do believe there is one, mainly due to the speed the wagon occured at. While I would like to believe it was all town, I have a very very hard time believing so.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:58 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Le Cupcake wrote:@llama: I do not believe that there are "few scum" on the wagon, but I do believe there is one, mainly due to the speed the wagon occured at. While I would like to believe it was all town, I have a very very hard time believing so.
Fair enough, would you consider vigging IAU?
Co-host of The USL Show
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:39 am

Post by iamausername »

LlamaFluff wrote:He is scum, specifically because slow was scum.
So the one part of the game where I was actually doing something worthwhile is the main point against me? That's great.

I mean, I'm not opposed to my death, I clearly deserve it, and I don't doubt that we'll still win, but that's kind of funny.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:03 am

Post by Benmage »

llama if ur down for iau/andrius....why have you not hammered andrius?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:30 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Hoopla wrote:I'm content with Andrius/DGB kills
But do you think I'm scum? Make a case against me if you do.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:38 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Hoopla wrote: I'm less sure of Ellibereth, but I'm defering to others' belief of him to be town for now
Why would you do that? Why don't you iso him? I think he's scum. Check your calculations.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:39 am

Post by Fate »

Work post cause its important:

IAUN ISN'T FUCKIN SCUM THANK YOU
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Hoopla »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Hoopla wrote:I'm content with Andrius/DGB kills
But do you think I'm scum? Make a case against me if you do.
You're in the 6's. There is at least one scum in there, possibly two - we know this largely due to process of elimination. Pom has a cop investigation on her - I could see reasoning for switching iam with you or Andrius, but it doesn't really faze me either way. That's the case. You can't do anything about it - sorry. Take one for the team.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:41 am

Post by Benmage »

Plus DGb you havent done shit.

Thats the case.

You've done nothing. Zilch. Zero. 0
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Hoopla »

LlamaFluff wrote:Since you seem to be the resident Jack expert Hoopla, what do you think of "At least two of Eli/Fate/Cupcake/Prana are scum" thing?

What I have picked up off him shows that he really wanted to avoid looking in the 6s for scum, but that really doesnt give much apart from what is already widely assumed of "at least one six is scum".

I do think looking through him that cupcake/prana are slightly more likely to be town however then I had cupcake at earlier.
How could you even explain a scumteam with Prana or Cupcake on it? I'd love to know. Because it makes no sense for me.

Jack wanting to steer clear of the 6's was subtle and only said outright once or twice - I think his buddies have doubled up there possibly, or if not, the one scum there is the scummiest one in that bunch. It'd definitely be in his interest to defend/detract attention away from the 6's. I don't even think wifom is a defense for this, as bussing the buddies down there is really not a sensible play. Besides, the gaps are closing for where scum can actually be.

DGB's "make a case against me" post is classic scum caught by process of elimination but wants to get into a debate to make it not seem that way. Take the hit DGB. I feel like you'd be more willing to take one for the team if you were town.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Fate »

DGB hasn't done VC analysis after I asked her repeatedly, ergo she is scum. No need tp male it complicated.

Xvart is also a fine choice given his play of not hunting for scum but riding out Kacls double number pick
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:11 am

Post by xvart »

Fate - you said earlier that the inverter role was not in scum hands. What was the purpose of this comment?
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:19 am

Post by Fate »

To fuck with scum.

Such as yourself who apparently knows FOR REAL whether scum have it or not.
VOTE: Xvart

Case closed. Your Jackvote was some textbook bussing too
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Hoopla »

Fate wrote:To fuck with scum.

Such as yourself who apparently knows FOR REAL whether scum have it or not.
VOTE: Xvart

Case closed. Your Jackvote was some textbook bussing too
I don't think Jack/xvart sharing the same number as scumbuddies is likely. I think ringleader-Jack would most likely designate two other players in the team as number-sharing buddies, rather than taking it himself. Besides, if a double-up is to occur it's more likely to have happened in the 6's. Xvart is just silly.
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Le Cupcake »

So now that we've worked out that DGB is indeed scum, can we lynch andrius now? ^^

I have a feeling the game will not require another day.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:42 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

unvote
Vote Andrius

Whatever
Co-host of The USL Show