Mini 1087 - The Dresden Files Game Over!

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

It goes without saying that I'm not going to read the thread simply to piss oopid off. Speaking of which, why does it matter how smargaret missed your rebuttal if she legitimately did?

Vote: Zdenek

Antihero and Fate <3
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Fate »

Not Zdenek today nacho, PLEASE?

I actually have a reason.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Fate »

Why would scum claim ONE-SHOT bulletproof? To make a vig shoot at him twice?
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Antihero »

^awesome! Do I finally get to play with you as town?

You didn't do a catchup, that's a good sign.

Fate: He might actually have that ability. What bearing does that have on alignment?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Fate »

Ok so he has that ability.

Now, why doesn't he claim FULL bulletproof?

Scum one-shot:
Vig shoots them twice, they die.

SO? They claim Full bulletproof. That way the vig shoots them once (maybe), then backs off.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Nachomamma8 wrote:It goes without saying that I'm not going to read the thread simply to piss oopid off. Speaking of which, why does it matter how smargaret missed your rebuttal if she legitimately did?

Vote: Zdenek

Antihero and Fate <3
Please note the sarcasm tags around "if you legitimately missed it".

Also, this hasn't been the first time someone has asked me for something that should be pretty fucking easy to find with a cursory look through the thread (and it's not even smarg's first offense in this category), so I'm a little pissed off that it keeps happening. Savvy?
Who you callin' oopid...(sigh) nvm.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Fate wrote:Why would scum claim ONE-SHOT bulletproof? To make a vig shoot at him twice?
Maybe because he's just uncreative scum and that's his actual ability. Maybe because he doesn't believe a vig will actually waste bullets taking down his vest instead of shooting for his scum partners. Maybe because he thinks it adds more realism to his claim. Maybe he doesn't want to overclaim. Maybe he's just an idiot.

You're just applying an argument from personal incredulity anyways, because you can't come up with a good explanation that means there isn't one; an argument which is an obvious and blatent logical fallacy.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Enigma »

From where I last left off...

Blah blah let's pretend I read it all. (No really! I did!)
smargaret wrote:Enigma, it's not flavor=alignment speculation, it's flavor=role speculation. Based on the only other character information I have, I believe flavor and role do go together.

Why don't you expect to see Z in lylo? Do you think we're likely to lynch him between now and then? Because unless we do, he will be in lylo - either because he's scum or because he can't be nk'd.

The reason I mentioned your name was people were saying I was scum for lurking. I pointed out that there were three other players who had been lurking worse than me, and unless they thought there were four scum in a game this size, lurking might not be the best reason the vote.

Is there anything in your catchup other than "If A is scum, B is not," statements? Because I'm not seeing a whole lot in the way of scumhunting there.
I mean having Z in LYLO will be a nasty business since it is hard (neigh impossible, we don't even know if we have a vig lolwot?) to confirm his role. But essentially as a PR, he is useless now anyways. But like it or not, he is going to make it to LYLO now, so we better make sure our reads on him are accurate.

And I already stated that A/B scum is where I work my magic. It's my special scum hunting, and if you don't like it .. well I really couldn't give a damn. It proves useful in later days, relationships/metagaming are one of the best ways to crack some scum for me.
Fate wrote:An alliance with the likes of Enigma and DDD?

HoS: smarg
Pls no killing Fate tonight scum! I joined this game just because I saw his name in it. And I shall be sorely disappointed if he kicks the bucket prematurely.

Ohh and
HoS: smarg
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Mariyta »

smargaret wrote:I find it
very
interesting that if Mariyta had to choose between me, Zdenek, and fitz she'd choose me ... but I actually come across as fairly town? That doesn't follow.
It follows perfectly. I picked you, then I did your ISO. As of right now, I think all three of you are likely town.
Oop wrote:This is not only a minority opinion, but a very bad minority opinion. Also, out of two people you've previously voted for and a non-conclusive, why would you vote for the non-conclusive (since I don't recall the other two making your townlist)?
Says you. And you clearly are not paying attention. I've determined that fitz is likely town, I believe Z's claim, and now after ISOing smarg, I think she's likely town. So I would not pick any of the three. As for the case on you, I still need to ISO you to determine how vote-worthy you are. I'd much prefer to stick with Enigma until then. Don't get your panties in a bunch just yet.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Mariyta wrote:
Oop wrote:This is not only a minority opinion, but a very bad minority opinion. Also, out of two people you've previously voted for and a non-conclusive, why would you vote for the non-conclusive (since I don't recall the other two making your townlist)?
Says you. And you clearly are not paying attention. I've determined that fitz is likely town, I believe Z's claim, and now after ISOing smarg, I think she's likely town. So I would not pick any of the three. As for the case on you, I still need to ISO you to determine how vote-worthy you are. I'd much prefer to stick with Enigma until then. Don't get your panties in a bunch just yet.
Since I guess you missed the implied question...
Mariyta wrote:[Smargaret's] case on Oop makes sense.
Why does her case make sense to you?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Oopidstay »

EBWOP
Mariyta wrote:I've determined that fitz is likely town, I believe Z's claim
Mind showing me a post that outright said fitz was likely town, because that wasn't the sense I got from your posts concerning him (at best, I thought you had a more neutral read on him). Also, Zed's claim has nothing to do with his alignment.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Yeah I don't quite understand how his claim as one-shot bulletproof makes him town-ish. Scum would likely just claim what they are. And there's no reason as to why scum aren't 1-shot bulletproof.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:59 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

The "No-Name" Vote Count:

Havinfitz (1): LMP,
Smargaret (2): Fate, Oopidstay
Zdenek (2): DDD,Nachomamma8
Oopidstay (2): HavingFitz, Smargare
LMP (2): Zdenek, DP
DP (1): Antihero
Enigma (1): Mariyta

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

Deadline is December 21st 19:00 EST

Last edited by TheButtonmen on Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:39 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Maryita, you didn't
HOS

Does this:
Mariyta wrote:If I
had
to choose between fitz, z, and smarg, it would be smarg. I'll do an ISO of her later if I have time, but my last read of her was non-conclusive.
mean you are HOS'ing smarg? You never really even acknowledged the alliance post, so I want to be clear.

The HOS count is 1 fitz, 3 smarg, 2 Zd.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:34 am

Post by Antihero »

TheButtonmen: I'm sorry to have to do this, but I have to request replacement. The emotional energy I have left for mafia just went from 0 to negative.

Sorry. :(

Noted.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Mariyta »

Mariyta wrote:Fitz: Random vote when we were clearly out of the random phase; However, now that I've taken the time to read through his massive wall posts, I guess he's not as bad as he started out.
Ok, so I didn't state he was likely town, but that's the read I have on him now. As for smarg's case on you, her analysis of your vote hopping, the contradictions, and quick reversals are all things that make me go hmmm...

@LMP: I'm not HOSing as I don't feel any of them are probable scum. I'm not voting for someone I don't think is scummy just because of an "alliance". That said, if the 21st rolls around and we still don't have a lynch, I could probably be persuaded to vote z. I believe his claim is a town claim, but there's no guarantee of that, so if I
have
to, I could vote him.

@Antihero: :'(
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:09 am

Post by smargaret »

@ Mod, why is CityofAs still voting?

Oop, I still think you're scum. I'm not going to back-and-forth on your most recent rebuttal, because it would be an exercise in "Yes you are, no I'm not" - you didn't actually argue anything new, just rephrased what you'd already said - and that's not productive and I don't want to add another wallpost to this game. Your recent play hasn't led me to reassess my read of you, either.

DavidParker's most recent post doesn't make any sense to me. How does he know what scum would likely do?

Enigma, why aren't you voting? Have you voted at all this game?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Mariyta wrote:As for smarg's case on you, her analysis of your vote hopping, the contradictions, and quick reversals are all things that make me go hmmm...
/facepalms

Please go and read her case + follow-up and my rebuttals to them so you can see how ridiculous smarg's case really is. (I'll make it easy; the relevant posts are #372, #377, #395, and #413.)

In other news, smarg has realized that she has no real case on me, but there's voters on my wagon so she's going to keep pushing it anyway. Can we lynch her now, please?
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Maryita's unwillingness to cooperate with the alliance is suspect.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Maryita wrote:I'm not HOSing as I don't feel any of them are probable scum.
EBWOP: As is her finding none of {smarg, Zd, fitz} scummy. And her (her, right?) unwillingness to admit any of this until directly pushed over it, despite having obviously read the alliance post.

V/LA on weekends
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Why, antihero, WHY!?
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

LynchMePls wrote:
Maryita wrote:I'm not HOSing as I don't feel any of them are probable scum.
EBWOP: As is her finding none of {smarg, Zd, fitz} scummy. And her (her, right?) unwillingness to admit any of this until directly pushed over it, despite having obviously read the alliance post.
I don't have a problem with her not playing nice with the alliance; what I do have a problem with is her lack of interest in providing a worthwhile substitute whether it be an alternate alliance or alternate lynch. The alliance is clearly a town based attempt to break our current inertia so people need to get on board or provide an adequate alternative. Not doing so is at least aiding and abetting scum if not scum driven inaction.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by Fate »

I, too, get the feeling Mariyta is playing that "always correct" scumgame where she never pushes for mislynches but never really busses either...
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by Fate »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: You're just applying an argument from personal incredulity anyways, because you can't come up with a good explanation that means there isn't one; an argument which is an obvious and blatent logical fallacy, due to your secret reasons for wanting Zdenek alive for one more night, you are just making up ANY bullshit that you can pass off as him making a town claim.

FIXED THAT FOR YOU.

AND YES, I AGREE, THATS EXACTLY WHAT I'M DOING.

NOW CAN WE LET ZEDENEK LIVE?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:07 pm

Post by Enigma »

smargaret wrote:Enigma, why aren't you voting? Have you voted at all this game?
VOTE: smargaret

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”