Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:32 pm

Post by Falcone »

Yeah, Fritzler, I probably deserve that. What I meant to say is that I played with armlx before and I learned that he often has exactly that kind of inconsistencies in his posts, and that that doesn't mean he's scum.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:41 am

Post by Twomz »

Unvote, Vote: Fritzler
I don't like it when people just sit there and post one line posts... it does nothing to help the town. If your gonna fos or vote someone, please give a reason for doing so, or at least join on a bandwagon, sheesh.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:39 am

Post by Fritzler »

FOS: Twomz
Surfs up dude.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:57 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

Vote: Fritzler

You're not being helpful at all, and you continue to vote/FOS people for no/bad reasons. If you are pro-town, add something to the discussion, share your views, but don't vote and FOS people without any explanation. If I'm not mistaken you've posted 9 times in this game, if you don't count quotes everyone of them have been one-liners, and the closest you've come to add something useful to the discussion was quoting StrykkerVerde's conclusions.
Snap
Snap
Townie
Snap
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:49 am

Post by Snap »

I have to concur here and
unvote: falcone, vote: fritzler
. There's been nothing but a flood of posts with no content or reasoning and, while this could be a posting restriction, I highly doubt it. Something worthwhile gets posted, I'll unvote you, but until then I'm leaning toward yoiu being scum. It's not the best reasoning in the world, but it's all we've got right now, really.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:17 pm

Post by chamber »

I'll also put some pressure on Fritzler, with the intent of getting him to add more content to his posts.
Vote: fritzler
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:12 pm

Post by TSAGod »

unvote, vote: Twomz

Why do you expect contributions from Fritzler...has he ever given any?

The goals to catch scum, not to be "productive."
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:46 am

Post by Twomz »

TSAGod : Well, i've never been to Mafiascum, so i don't konw who would do what. I was just assuming that he was some random person that didn't care enough about the game to contribute (it looks like lots of people agree with me). While i would rather lynch a scum... on day 1, it's kind of hard to tell who is and who isn't. So it's best to at least narrow the field down to people who are more likely going to contribute some information... as opposed to lurking, so we can better figure out how is mafia.

If you can figure out that some1 is scummy, suspicious, mafia, etc, i'll gladly change my vote to that person.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:55 am

Post by Fritzler »

unvote, vote: snap

You blind, blind little sheep.
Surfs up dude.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:24 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

The goals to catch scum, not to be "productive."
TSAGod, How does the town catch scum, other than cop investigations? The only way is for the town to be "productive" as you put it, so that we can analyze people's behaviour, and notice who the lurkers are. And the only way for a townie to share his views on people's behaviour, is to post them, so that the rest of the town can make up their minds about them, and decide if they agree. If everyone played as Fritzler has done in this game (maybe all his games for all I know), a mafia game would consist only of random votes, random bandwagons and a random lynch at the end of each day, in fact the entire game could just aswell be resolved with a random generator.

The
ONLY
way to increase the town's chances of winning above what could be expected by a group of monkeys in front of a keyboard, is to be "productive". Therefor anyone who deliberately doesn't contribute anything to the discussion, is hurting the town.

When it comes to the posting restriction theory, this is after all an overly generic mafia game, as the mod put it. Posting restrictions are highly unlikely. So if Fritzler is protown a little pressure on him to make him contribute something is in the town's interest. If he doesn't, I see nothing wrong with pushing for a roleclaim, later.

-----

I wondered a few days ago how it is possible for Fritzler to have posted almost 9 posts per day if he doesn't spend half his day on this site, but if the average length of his posts is anywhere near as short as it has been in this game it suddenly makes sense.

And congratulations on post 83, Fritzler. For having written your longest post so far in the game.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:02 am

Post by armlx »

Vote Snap

Fritz is always like that. See BabyJesus too....

@ Falcone: I'm not inconsistant. Oh, wait, I am inconsistant... :P
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Sineish
Sineish
Goon
Sineish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:33 am

Post by Sineish »

armlx wrote:Fritz is always like that.
Any why is he like that? It seems to me that he has made a meta-game decision in order to increase his chances of surviving in all games, whether he's is scum or not. Now, when he's town the impact on him if he doesn't survive is far lower (he can still win if the town lynch scum correctly) than the impact on him when he's scum (fewer scum than town means the loss of a single player is more keenly felt by a scum team).

In my opinion, this meta-game strategy does little to help his team mates when he is pro-town and is mainly designed to benefit him when he is scum. I don't think voting newer players and saying that it's ok to do it because he always does is the right way to go. Instead I would rather encourage Fritzler to return to a more analytical posting style (I have seen this in previous games, so I know he's capable of it) by employing another meta-gaming strategy, that of:

S.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:08 am

Post by armlx »

Meh. Its a meta-call that lets him live till day 3 and think (again see BabyJesus). I can see where he is coming from since BabyJ does almost the same thing (tho he has been getting better).
Dranko20
Dranko20
Goon
Dranko20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:16 am

Post by Dranko20 »

A Genericly Generic Vote Count:

2 Twomz - (Iammars, TSAGod)
1 Don Gaetano (StrykkerVerde)
1 StrykkerVerde - (BrianMcQueso)
5 Fritzler - (Falcone, Twomz, Don Gaetano, Snap, chamber, Sineish)
1 Snap - (Fritzler, armlx)

8 Not Voting - (jedknight, darquiel, naubol, logicticus, Shamrock, LyingBrian, VitaminR)

Remember: 19 Alive, 10 to lynch!
Quote: """""Quote"-Quote"-Quote"-Quote""
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:38 am

Post by Fritzler »

Sineish wrote:
armlx wrote:Fritz is always like that.
Any why is he like that? It seems to me that he has made a meta-game decision in order to increase his chances of surviving in all games, whether he's is scum or not. Now, when he's town the impact on him if he doesn't survive is far lower (he can still win if the town lynch scum correctly) than the impact on him when he's scum (fewer scum than town means the loss of a single player is more keenly felt by a scum team).

In my opinion, this meta-game strategy does little to help his team mates when he is pro-town and is mainly designed to benefit him when he is scum. I don't think voting newer players and saying that it's ok to do it because he always does is the right way to go. Instead I would rather encourage Fritzler to return to a more analytical posting style (I have seen this in previous games, so I know he's capable of it) by employing another meta-gaming strategy, that of:

S.
Do you have any idea how many times i get vigged before that? Believe, it doesn't help. Fine I"ll contribute. When have I been analytical? About twice. And that was inbetween doing nothing, cuz I was bored. I'm using both, I have nothing analytical to go on. I can see where your coming from, but meh, I don't think your scum.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:39 am

Post by Fritzler »

Dranko20 wrote:5 Fritzler - (Falcone, Twomz, Don Gaetano, Snap, chamber, Sineish)
Who do you think is vote blocked on both of those wagons?
Snap
Snap
Townie
Snap
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:36 pm

Post by Snap »

Now, that is a good point. I had though initially that is was just a miscount, but I hadn't thought about vote blockers. Does seem more obvious now I think about it, there's now way anyone would miscount 2 votes as 1. Anyone want to own up as voteblocking?
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:41 pm

Post by TSAGod »

Fritzler wrote:
Dranko20 wrote:5 Fritzler - (Falcone, Twomz, Don Gaetano, Snap, chamber, Sineish)
Who do you think is vote blocked on both of those wagons?
Maybe you get a minus one bonus against yourself in exchange for not getting a vote?
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:13 pm

Post by Falcone »

Dranko
, could you clarify that please?

I think the Frizler bandwagon is kind of pointless, so
unvote: Fritzler
. It's not because his posts are short, that he's not contributing. A couple of his Fos'es and votes had obvious (though not necessarily strong) reasons. It's slightly annoying that he's constantly moving his vote, but I don't think he's really suspicious.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:24 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

I'd bet money it's just a miscount.

I think the whole Fritzler wagon is stupid. Yes, it'd be nice if everyone made majestic, scientific analysises that were full of useful information towards our finding-scum process, but, I've said it before and I'll say it again, This Is Day One. We don't have 20 pages worth of information to look over. We don't have three lynches worth of voting patterns to find voting trends. All we have is random votes and simple bandwagons. It's Day One, baby!

I'm not sure what you're exactly expecting out of Fritzler and why he's being singled out when none of us really have anything majorly significant to say. If anything, at least he's checked in. I'm not much of a fan of lurker hunts (as I think dealing with lurkers is the mod's job), but it's a more obvious first step then running up a guy who's at least still listening and commenting to the town's activities.
VitaminSheep wrote:Well when StrykkerVerde likens me to a sheep, I think I need to post something.
I agree.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Dranko20
Dranko20
Goon
Dranko20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:03 pm

Post by Dranko20 »

Ahem.

A Genericly Generic Vote Count:

2 Twomz - (Iammars, TSAGod)
1 Don Gaetano (StrykkerVerde)
1 StrykkerVerde - (BrianMcQueso)
5 Fritzler - (Twomz, Don Gaetano, Snap, chamber, Sineish)

9 Not Voting - (jedknight, darquiel, naubol, logicticus, Shamrock, LyingBrian, VitaminR, Falcone)

Remember: 19 Alive, 10 to lynch!
Quote: """""Quote"-Quote"-Quote"-Quote""
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:14 pm

Post by Falcone »

It seems that my vote didn't count. I have no idea what may cause this. One of armlx and Frizler seems to be in the same situation. Could these two state if they know what's going on?
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:20 am

Post by Fritzler »

This is not an overly generic game.
I luv you dranko.
Surfs up dude.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:29 am

Post by armlx »

Ummm, something odd, maybe Fritz has no vote or I don't and I have no clue...

Unvote

That should settle this.
naubol
naubol
Townie
naubol
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:52 am

Post by naubol »

Gah, who to vote for? The whole Strykker thing smells a little fishy to me. Maybe a red herring in order to garner innocence? Anyway...

Why the bandwagon on fritzler?

There seems to be a lot of people we haven't heard from yet.

N

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”