Mini 1087 - The Dresden Files Game Over!

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by LimMePls »

@MOD:
COA hasn't posted in a week and his last post didn't announce V/LA. Can he go to straight to
jail
replacement, not passing Go and not collecting $200? If not, can we get the prod out so we can start the clock? Thanks!
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

LynchMePls wrote:Everyone who is not voting 1 of smarg, fitz, Zd is absolutely doing it wrong. Maryita x2, as per the VC isn't voting at all.

@Fate, Oopid, Enigma, Maryita, DDD, AH: Alliance? I propose we all do a
HOS:
on one of fitz, smarg, Zd. Then, whichever one gets the most votes, we all agree to vote them. Are you in?

I'll start:
HOS: fitz
I'm game.

HoS: Smarg
Who you callin' oopid...(sigh) nvm.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

An alliance with the likes of Fate and Maryita?

HoS: Z
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

The "Your Mod is actually awake this time!" Vote Count:

Havinfitz (1): LMP,
Smargaret (3): CityofAs, Fate, Oopidstay
Zdenek (2): DDD,LMP,
Oopidstay (2): HavingFitz, Smargare
LMP (2): Zdenek, DP
DP (1): Antihero
Enigma (1): Mariyta

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

LynchMePls wrote:
@MOD:
COA hasn't posted in a week and his last post didn't announce V/LA. Can he go to straight to
jail
replacement, not passing Go and not collecting $200? If not, can we get the prod out so we can start the clock? Thanks!

He's already been prodded as of post 458 and has approx 24 hours left before I replace him.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:43 am

Post by Oopidstay »

@ Mod: You still have LMP as a double voter. ;) His vote should be on fitz.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:44 am

Post by havingfitz »

A bit of a catch up post to LMP...
LMP=260 wrote:Hilarious. I love how I made the self vote and you say nothing, and only later when I admit that my self-vote gambit got nothing, people are screaming their heads off about it. Keep posting fitz, you're making this easier and easier. If you have a problem with my self-vote, why are you only NOW saying something about it? It didn't seem to bother you at the time. Your sudden interest in flinging mud at anyone you can when you are under pressure is awesome. I love my vote.

The scum motivation is obvious. You want to blend with the town, so you place an RV even though you don't like RV. You then point out that you are participating in the RV, trying to gain town-cred (LOOK AT ME, I RV'ED, EVEN THOUGH I DON'T LIKE IT. I MUST BE TOWN).
This is hard to respond to without getting all ad-hominy....suffice to say LMP, if you are town you are playing like crap in this game.

I'll type my response slowly for you in the fading hopes you will comprehend --> I don't have a problem with your self-vote. You apparently did it for attention but it registered with me about the same as the DP fakekill, ie I gave it a pass. I only mention it because my eplicit, through the motions RV seems to have hooked you in the same manner I assume you were hoping to hook people with your self-vote. I do not think you are scummy because of your self-vote and the fact you are using my RV as a scumtell is ironic given your self vote effort.

As for the obvious scum motivation you mention above....once again, how is it a scumtell to *RV when I don't care for the whole RV stage* when I regularly place RV votes in new games (I'm guessing 10-15?) and have
never
RV'd before as scum? That is your grand scumtell? Note: LMP's scumhunting skills are non-existent. Perhaps your scumplaying skills are what we should be assessing in this game?

As for finding me scummy because I mention RV several times....there is no denying I mention RV a lot. If you consider that a scumtell then more power to you. It's just not a good one in this case and the support it has received from others in this game would seem to support it's lack of worth.
LMP=418 regarding smarg wrote:If nothing scummy has jumped out at you from her play, you're doing it wrong. Also, if nothing bad has jumped out at you from her play, has anything good jumped out? What exactly? In the following quote you say you are "inclined to think she is town (ie innocent until she gives me a reason to suspect her)". But you've given us no explanation for the town read other than a supposed lack of scum-tells (which is hilarious given that every other player has seen scum-tells from the slot). So either provide town-tells, or admit you have none and your town read is bogus.
My town inclination on smarg consisted of an absence of what I perceived of scum tells. Like I said...innocent until proven guilty. I'm not discounting the possibility that she could be scum. This read was made prior to having a closer look at her and after that closer look...I still do not see anything that makes me want to place a vote on her. I'm not ready to give her the Phoenix Wright treatment Oopid lovingly gave you though and at best I would say my smarg read is null.
Fitz wrote:I think her flip would be helpful to town either way and as I'm inclined to think she is town (ie innocent until she gives me a reason to suspect her) and if she is town I definitely think there are 1-2 scum on her current 4-person wagon. Oopid and LMP have been following each others voting for most of the day along with Fate (who conveniently added a few dashes of Oopid voting [bussing?])...so I like any of those three ATM. Oopid>LMP>Fate.
LMP=418 wrote:We haven't been "following each others voting", we've happened to vote the same people because THEY ARE DOING SCUMMY THINGS! Implying we're scum for that is hilarious. Your list of suspicions is laughable.
You have been following each other. Once or twice not a big deal but you have done it consistently through the game. Let's look:

Fitz wagon #1 - Oopid places vote 1 - LMP places vote 4. (granted, not too incriminating)
Zd wagon - Fate places vote 3, LMP places vote 4, Oopid places vote 5.
smarg wagon - Fate places vote 2, Oopid places vote 3, LMP places vote 4.
Fitz wagon #2 - LMP places vote 1, Oopid places vote 2.

Much more prevalent with Oopid and LMP. Scum or blind leading the blind? I think scum. The first wagon on me not so big a deal but to carry on three more times is a link. And as the votes are on people I do not suspect the link is scummy IMO.
Fitz wrote:All subject to change if my read on smarg changes or she gets lynched and flips scum.
LMP=418 wrote:This disclaimer reeks. This whole post was an attempt to sit the fence on smarg without looking like you were, and this last bit is the fail in your attempt. Your nonsensical, unsupported town read of smarg is noted. Your admission that your read is "subject to change" is hilarious.
What is hilarious? Considering I had not ISO'd her or paid attention to her in general (ie I've been tied up with you and Oopid) this is a perfectly valid comment.

And your alliance effort is ridiculous. What good does everyone HoSing the person they currently have their vote on do? Just look at the vote count. Here....HoS Oopid. Pretending for a minute that you are not scum :-) how do you know all the people you are trying to team up with are town? Answer: you have no idea. One or two scum in your alliance and they very easily vector the group onto whichever mislynch is most achievable (based on the very likely scenario there is at least one mislynch to be had in your target group).

/wallpost
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:17 am

Post by havingfitz »

Oopid wrote:@ Fitz (465): I was giving you the chance to justify your opinion, instead of leaving it as another crap accusation that has no backing behind it. You are the one who claims that all my cases are crap, so it is your responsibility to prove your claims. I am under no obligation whatsoever to provide you with a summary of points for my cases, since it is your job, as the accuser, to do that research yourself.
Whatever...you seem to have a habit of doling out tasks others which I find scummy. Keeping town busy running errands. On that note...as I mentioned in post 467...I did look for your cases on Zd and smarg and could not find them. Why do/did you find Zd and smarg scummy and where is your case on them. Don't even provide the bullet points. Just give a post number. Why were you voting either of them? Absence of a stated case is a crap case. There. I did the research.
Oopid wrote:If you addressed #235, then I missed it. What was the post number? (Yes, I'm probably inviting a spiteful "look it up yourself" retort, but whatever.)
---> 257. If there is anything you still need addressed from that post feel free to ask. I might even answer it. But if it is no longer relevent don't bother.

Speaking of your post 235....what ever happened to:
Oopid - 235 wrote:Your LMP push isn't that hot, either, IMO. Despite that, I'm still going to
FoS: LMP.
You're still suspecting LMP here it would seem....
Oopid - 252 wrote: » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:21 am
I think the reasoning for your LMP case stinks, but I found a reason to FoS LMP that is entirely separate from your case. That better?
I do not see anything occurring from the time you FoS LMP regarding your continued suspcions towards LMP which apparently still existed in post 252 to warrant your long drawn out Phoenix Wright LMP defense that resulted in this:
Oopid - 267 wrote: » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:24 pm “Verdict: LynchMePls is found Not Guilty! He's as town as town can be!” proclamation.
What changed? Your FoS on LMP comes across entirely as weak distancing move following LMP eventual scum flip. At least that sounds good to me.

Oopid wrote:As for your most recent "point" against me, what I said is the same thing other people have said of you after my comment, but using their own words. The only thing I'm guilty of is lack of originality in word choice, but I'm sure people got the point anyway. (Btw, that comment wasn't a copy-paste job.)
Excuse me...you cut three portions of a post I made, verbatim, and paste them into a single quoted sentence with a completely different interpretation IMO. That is the perfect example of a
copy
cut-paste job and you are full of shit if you are representing it as anything other than a misrep.

Oopid wrote:@ Fitz (467): Then go ahead and provide your reasoning. You don't need to wait for me to make a fool of yourself.
Addressed above and in first part of post 467. Show me where you cases on Zd and smarg are and I will tell you why they are crap. I looked and couldn't find your case on them.
Oopid wrote:True, I don't know for sure that LMP is town. What I do know is that at this moment he's the second towniest person in the game (the most town person being me, obviously) and that his reads are pretty close to mine. I don't need to have 100% certainty of his townhood to support him against all the shit accusations being thrown at him. Just because one person vocally supports another person doesn't mean they're scumbuddies. Or are you just afraid of the town power bloc that's forming before your eyes?
It's a game. Why should I be afraid of having my holiday time freed up a bit. If enough people decide to lynch me so be it. As long as it results in you and/or LMP getting the noose afterwards ;-) BTW...you keep making it look like you are part of some overwhelming town movement and you and LMP are untouchable....when in fact you and LMP have been among the leading wagons right behind smarg for much of the 2-3 pages. Your overwhelming confidence that you are not suspect is too OTT for town, IMO, and I would say it's easier to get a scum team in a bloc on a person/persons (see previous post tandem voting comments) than a bunch of town who have no definite knowledge of who else is town.

Oopid wrote:Why is smarg a town read? Do you agree with her case on me, and why? What about Zed? Why's he a town read?
See prior post. My inclined to think town read is now a post smarg-ISO null read. I do not recall her case on you. Which post? I think Zed is town...not null, town. It's what my reading leaves me with. I don't tend to do town cases, especially on D1, so call it gut if you have to have a reason. Have you provided town cases on everyone you do not suspect as scum?
Oopid wrote:@ Fate: I'm not done with smarg. Fitz just asked me to vote for him so I obliged.

Unvote: havingfitz. Vote: smargaret.

@ LMP: As much as I'd love to lynch fitz, smarg is probably the better play for today, so please come back to the smarg wagon. We can deal with fitz tomorrow. /inb4chainlynchaccusation

@ DP: The LMP wagon isn't going to take off. Please join the smarg wagon.

@ Mariyta: Enigma hasn't done anything worth placing him over fitz or smarg. Please join the smarg wagon.
What is your case on smarg? And the recruiting is really pathetic. I suspect DP and perhaps even Mariyta have minds of their own. LMP not so much.

tl:dr;
- Town need to look harder at Oopid's poor play which is only rivaled by LMP's. IMO Oopid gets the nod for his weak FoS/distancing attempt.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:35 am

Post by Fate »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:An alliance with the likes of Fate and Maryita?

HoS: Z
<3
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:15 am

Post by Mariyta »

havingfitz wrote: You have been following each other. Once or twice not a big deal but you have done it consistently through the game. Let's look:

Fitz wagon #1 - Oopid places vote 1 - LMP places vote 4. (granted, not too incriminating)
Zd wagon - Fate places vote 3, LMP places vote 4, Oopid places vote 5.
smarg wagon - Fate places vote 2, Oopid places vote 3, LMP places vote 4.
Fitz wagon #2 - LMP places vote 1, Oopid places vote 2.

Much more prevalent with Oopid and LMP. Scum or blind leading the blind? I think scum. The first wagon on me not so big a deal but to carry on three more times is a link. And as the votes are on people I do not suspect the link is scummy IMO.
This is very interesting. I don't think it's scum leading scum. I think it's more likely scum trying to link themselves with a strong player. From what little I've played with Fate, he seems like the type of person to rip into his scumbuddies if he feels they're sheeping him too badly. And LMP is very vocal. He doesn't seem like the type of person to be led. Oop, however, could easily be scum sheeping players he feels could protect him.

If I
had
to choose between fitz, z, and smarg, it would be smarg. I'll do an ISO of her later if I have time, but my last read of her was non-conclusive.

And for those who are writing off flavor, I think you're making a mistake. Theme games are theme games for a reason. There is usually a method to the mod's madness and flavor can be very helpful.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Mariyta »

I'm still not seeing the case on smarg. Aside from the vote hopping (and her saying my post sucked), there's nothing of note. She actually comes across as fairly townish and her case on Oop makes sense. I'll be looking at Oop next.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Fate »

Why do people suspect Fitz? I think you're arguing back and forth over some minor interpretations and the rest has become confirmation bias.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:53 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Two Announcments:

1. CityofAs is being replaced as he hasn't even picked up his prod.

2. There is now a deadline.

Five days after I get a replacment is the deadline or December 25th 19:00 EST and I have already PM'ed a player from the replacement list.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:24 am

Post by smargaret »

Fitz: Thank you for seeing what I was saying about Oop and LMP.

I find it
very
interesting that if Mariyta had to choose between me, Zdenek, and fitz she'd choose me ... but I actually come across as fairly town? That doesn't follow.

Someone asked for my stance on Zdenek; it was null before the claim. I didn't see where the case was coming from (now I suspect it may have been chainsaw defending from Oop), and with a believable claim, now it's null-leaning-town.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Oopidstay »

SMARGARET!
Oopidstay wrote:Additionally, since you indicated that you believe Zed's role, and not his alignment, what exactly was the point of saying you believe his role?

Also, are you still clinging to your "case" on me, and if so, why haven't you tried to refute my latest rebuttal?
I still require answers to those questions.
Mariyta wrote:and [smarg's] case on Oop makes sense.
Explain yourself. This is not only a minority opinion, but a very bad minority opinion. Also, out of two people you've previously voted for and a non-conclusive, why would you vote for the non-conclusive (since I don't recall the other two making your townlist)?
fitz wrote:I did look for your cases on Zd and smarg and could not find them. Why do/did you find Zd and smarg scummy and where is your case on them. Don't even provide the bullet points. Just give a post number. Why were you voting either of them? Absence of a stated case is a crap case. There. I did the research.
Zed: Quickly jumping to the softclaim when the pressure at the time did not warrant one, bad reasoning for town reads (you and smarg being the prime examples), and backtracking in #324.

Smarg: The vote was triggered by her blatant sheeping of Fate on his terribad vote on me for "rolefishing",
after
I pointed out how terribad that reasoning was. She's earned various FoSes from me before that vote for various reasons. After her shitty vote, she threw together an equally shitty "case" on me at Fate's behest which just reeks of scum opportunism.
fitz wrote:---> 257.
Oh, oops. I meant my #259.
fitz wrote:LMP stuff
Oopidstay wrote:LMP offered a satisfactory explanation for the reason I FoSed him, and my ISO read of him found him town.
fitz wrote:Excuse me...you cut three portions of a post I made, verbatim, and paste them into a single quoted sentence with a completely different interpretation IMO. That is the perfect example of a copycut-paste job and you are full of shit if you are representing it as anything other than a misrep.
You should be a comedian, fitz. You really know how to make me laugh!

To put things more tangibly, you quite clearly said that you had a town read on someone you weren't paying much attention to (someone who happens to be a very popular scum candidate), and on top of that, that lynching said town read would be "helpful" for the town. It's all there for people to see. Oh sure, you're being misrepresented, all right. But I'm not the one who's doing it. ;)
fitz wrote:BTW...you keep making it look like you are part of some overwhelming town movement and you and LMP are untouchable....when in fact you and LMP have been among the leading wagons right behind smarg for much of the 2-3 pages
Well, given that the wagons on LMP and me are mostly helmed by people that I (and he) think are scum and that the cases on both of us are pure bullshit, I'm not all that concerned. If you've been paying attention to the entirety of the public opinion (meaning everyone, not just you and the people voting with you), we aren't going to be fitted for a noose anytime soon.
fitz wrote:I do not recall her case on you. Which post?
I would say RTFT, but I'm getting tired of constantly telling people that. It's one of the later posts on Page 15 (can't give exact post number because I'm sick as fuck of trying to get MS to correctly load the damn page). As for Zed, if you're going to put him squarely in the town camp, you should have more reasons than "gut". (See my treatment of LMP if you want an example.)
Fate wrote:Why do people suspect Fitz? I think you're arguing back and forth over some minor interpretations and the rest has become confirmation bias.
Uh, no. Fitz's cases are as crappy as smarg's, except with more words. How closely did you look at him?
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:45 am

Post by smargaret »

Sorry, Oop, I overlooked your questions.

I do believe Zed's alignment. The flavor speculation, however, was all about the role - and I was explaining to Antihero that Butters does make sense as bulletproof, despite how the TV show makes it seem. As you are so (not) fond of saying, RTFT.

Where is your most recent rebuttal?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:52 am

Post by Antihero »

LynchMePls wrote:Everyone who is not voting 1 of smarg, fitz, Zd is absolutely doing it wrong. Maryita x2, as per the VC isn't voting at all.

@Fate, Oopid, Enigma, Maryita, DDD, AH: Alliance? I propose we all do a
HOS:
on one of fitz, smarg, Zd. Then, whichever one gets the most votes, we all agree to vote them. Are you in?

I'll start:
HOS: fitz
Alright, I'll play.

Aside from the claim (which could have been easily faked), I'm most confident of Z being scum.

HoS: Zdenek
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Lynching me is stupid, since there is a chance that I could be confirmed as town later in the game.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Antihero »

Oh yes. Because even if you are telling the truth about your ability, that means you're town.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Fate »

He's saying if someone were to investigate him.

Zdenek doesn't die today god damn
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Antihero »

Oh yeah, because we never see godfathers or SKs w/ some kind of bulletproof perk.

His play is scummy. End of story.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Nachomamma8 replaces CityofAs and as such deadline is in five days from now.

December 21st at 19:00 EST is the deadline.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Fate »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Antihero »

Fate wrote:YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

smarg wrote:Where is your most recent rebuttal?
Jesus H. Christ, are you guys
trying
to drive me insane by not reading the goddamn fucking thread... /extremely pissed-off rant

Post #413. Seriously, how the fuck did you miss it? (If you legitimately missed it.)
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by Antihero »

Oh, yeah, and Z: I read that game (now completed) where scum was caught for "ignoring a day-kill" and that completely was
not
the case.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”