DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

chesskid3 wrote:Btw is it worth it to double-nuke people, so that even if they are in defensive mode, they still die? I feel like it is, since it would halve the number of nukes, and ensure that all nuked people died.
This is an interesting point. It takes 72 hours for a nuke to hit so if there was time, there wouldn't be a necessity for a a second nuke volunteer until after the nuke failed to hit.

Also, I think that the defensive mode would kick in BEFORE 72 hours as well...

MOD: is this true? And if so about how long before the nuke is knockled out of the sky?
When you
hang
NUKE
a man, you'd better look at 'em!
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

Toogeloo wrote:
Percy wrote:Toogeloo basically ignored my post. Here is my question again:
Toogeloo wrote:We could have half a dozen people with nukes every day in DEFCON 1. Do we restrict people on their nuke use?
You said this. What is your own answer to this question? Do you have any proposals?
A third, related question: What is your opinion of the
pages
of discussion about this issue already?
Your question is really quite odd.
Wasn't my intention to ignore your question, I figured yours was just as rhetorical as you thought mine was.

I think I've kind of bled my opinions on the matter though.
People who want to "appear" pro-town are going to state they have a nuke
I don't like this at all because it helps scum figure out who has the power roles. Nuke claiming (1) should be done once the town has two lynch candidates; one for the lynch one for the nuke.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

Btw I would like to state a theory. All of this hype about nukes flying could easily be a ploy by scum to get the town NOT to choose certain power roles up high in their list (so that they choose like fallout shelter or just silo it) while they prioritize the power roles they have decided they want.

There have actually been a couple of suggestions from certain players about this as well -- that people should choose fallout shelter or nuke etc.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:10 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

LOLOL

You're still keeping up that idea of second lynches? You realize that if we DID decide to use them like that, we could just have an infinite number of lynches, right? So why stop at two?
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

Btw, I got the full DEFCON game. Creepy music.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

gandalf5166 wrote:LOLOL

You're still keeping up that idea of second lynches? You realize that if we DID decide to use them like that, we could just have an infinite number of lynches, right? So why stop at two?
You are correct. Just one at a time until the deadline hits. ;)
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Jed Cooper wrote:Btw I would like to state a theory. All of this hype about nukes flying could easily be a ploy by scum to get the town NOT to choose certain power roles up high in their list (so that they choose like fallout shelter or just silo it) while they prioritize the power roles they have decided they want.

There have actually been a couple of suggestions from certain players about this as well -- that people should choose fallout shelter or nuke etc.
What if this was a double reverse backwards pseudo psychology by the JedScum to trick us into doing what his communist komrades wants us to do?

I dont trust these damn communists. As a proud American, I refuse to fall for such petty trickery.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Jed Cooper wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:
Percy wrote:Toogeloo basically ignored my post. Here is my question again:
Toogeloo wrote:We could have half a dozen people with nukes every day in DEFCON 1. Do we restrict people on their nuke use?
You said this. What is your own answer to this question? Do you have any proposals?
A third, related question: What is your opinion of the
pages
of discussion about this issue already?
Your question is really quite odd.
Wasn't my intention to ignore your question, I figured yours was just as rhetorical as you thought mine was.

I think I've kind of bled my opinions on the matter though.
People who want to "appear" pro-town are going to state they have a nuke
I don't like this at all because it helps scum figure out who has the power roles. Nuke claiming (1) should be done once the town has two lynch candidates; one for the lynch one for the nuke.
That's not what I was saying. I was saying that people who tell town they have a nuke to use (as in discuss for a secondary kill for the day) are doing it to appear pro-town... as opposed to those who don't say anything and just nuke.

Also, the only two abilities that prevent Nuclear attack are the Battleship and the Fallout Shelter. Of the two, the Battleship only prevents the first nuke. So what you would be asking to do when you double nuke is to have the ability to either A) nuke through a Doc protection, or B) determine if the player is the Fallout Shelter.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:38 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Toog, did you read the Silo PM? You should. There's the option to set your silo to ICBM mode, which stops the first nuke.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Toogeloo »

meh, I forgot about ICBM as well.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

gandalf5166 wrote:Toog, did you read the
Silo PM
? You should. There's the option to set your silo to ICBM mode, which stops the first nuke.
What the heck is a Silo PM?? :eek:
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

The Rules wrote: Anti-Ballistic missile mode:

The ABM missile systems are
counter-ICBM
rockets designed to shoot down incoming enemy warheads. {The first nuclear launch made against you each day will fail.}
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:56 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

As in, the Silo Role PM?
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

Internet Stranger wrote:
Jed Cooper wrote:Btw I would like to state a theory. All of this hype about nukes flying could easily be a ploy by scum to get the town NOT to choose certain power roles up high in their list (so that they choose like fallout shelter or just silo it) while they prioritize the power roles they have decided they want.

What if this was a double reverse backwards pseudo psychology by the JedScum to trick us into doing what his communist komrades wants us to do?

I dont trust these damn communists. As a proud American, I refuse to fall for such petty trickery.
Now that I've been able to relax a bit, I'm starting to really laugh at your posts now. I hope the real IS comes out at some point too (similar to Fate).
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

gandalf5166 wrote:As in, the Silo Role PM?
Oh aha. Good point. It is actually the Role PM there.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Fate »

IS is similar to me, eh?

SocioPath wrote:Fate and Spy could be my buddies. ;D
SCREAMING
DESTRUCTION
CLANNNNN
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Fate »

chesskid3 wrote:I got more than that, RedCoyote.

Town:(like, forealz)
Dana
bobsnox (played with him on another site)
AV

those are like 100%/

Gandalf is like 90% scum, SP is pretty high up there. Fate I can't read for shit, but all his reads are off at best.
Oh and Toog might be scum, but it's like 50 50
*NUKE*
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Percy »

Just noticed something:
Sub 1.0 wrote:{On the first day of DEFCON 1, you may launch a nuclear weapon without revealing yourself as the aggressor. For the rest of the game, you may launch nuclear weapons as though you possessed a missile silo in nuclear launch mode.}
Sub 2.0 wrote:{You may launch nuclear weapons as though you possessed a missile silo in nuclear launch mode without revealing yourself as the aggressor.}
I didn't notice the change. Sub is much easier to catch now.
chesskid3 wrote:Btw is it worth it to double-nuke people, so that even if they are in defensive mode, they still die? I feel like it is, since it would halve the number of nukes, and ensure that all nuked people died.
This plan is crazy.
chesskid has been "I want to be Batman and nuke scumz". Now he's advocating organising the town to make sure every nuke is a double nuke. Which is it?
I'm going to go with that you think planning ahead is a good idea, assigning two players to nuke and using these nukes like a lynch - that is, that you forgot everything you said before.
Even then, why shoot two nukes when one will do? Shoot one, then shoot another if the first one fails.

Toogeloo tells us to leave nuking to whoever and not to hype the nuke, while essentially giving people permission to nuke for pressure. It's obvious to me that nuking like crazy will create chaos and will probably cost the town the game. Restricting people on their nuke use makes a lot of sense.

Come on DEFCON 3! :D
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Fate »

Much harder to catch*

Also I want to know who was calling Percy scum and why, because I vaguely recall one person saying it then a few more "sheeping" that suspicion.

Dere be scums in DERE
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

nonono like if A nukes B and C also thinks B is scum C should just go ahead and doublenuke.
Not planed though
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Fate »

wat
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

if I nuke you
And Toog also thinks you need to be nuked
he should also nuke you
to make sure you die and not have to worry about day ending before 72hours are up with a silo in defensive mode
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

Fate wrote:IS is similar to me, eh?

SocioPath wrote:Fate and Spy could be my buddies. ;D
SCREAMING
DESTRUCTION
CLANNNNN
I didn't say that. IS's contributions have been full of humour and apart from that virtually contentless. You on the other hand provide strong content with your humour.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by Fate »

I know what you were saying.

How the fuck is that a logical thought though? All I see is "HERP DERP POOR JUSTIFICATION FOR WASTING TWO NUKES"

And no you can't play the hurrrrr durrrr dumdum CARD because Percy LITERALLY JUST FUCKING CLARIFIED:
Even then, why shoot two nukes when one will do? Shoot one, then shoot another if the first one fails.
Day ending? Why the FUCK would we end the day before the nuke hits? Anyone trying to lynch while death is in the air is a fuckin moron or scum.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

chesskid3 wrote:like
if I nuke you
And Toog also thinks you need to be nuked
he should also nuke you
to make sure you die and not have to worry about day ending before 72hours are up with a silo in defensive mode
This is so anti-town I can't stand it.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”