Mini 1087 - The Dresden Files Game Over!

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by Fate »

Its been 5mins. What the fuck is that?

One of four players are scum?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:36 pm

Post by DavidParker »

No, Smarge AND LMP are scum, and the third scum is mariyta or antihero.

And it has been 5 minutes. I posted ;(
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:36 pm

Post by DavidParker »

DavidParker wrote:Quick thoughts since I still have like 5-6 pages of wall posts to catch up on that I've only skimmed...

Enigma lurking - despite thinkin enigma is usually scum I actualy think him lurking and admitting to it is more representative of his town meta.

Zdenek - Early game questioning wasn't as useless as most people who ask mass questions early, ++town points, and statements like this give him town points: "About DavidParker, after making a move like the fake vig kill, he's likely to be labelled as town by almost everyone, and I didn't want to just leave him alone after it."

In general, I think people need to re-read zdenek's iso without "confirmation bias" and there isn't all that much pointing to him being scum.

Smarge.. smarge.. smarge.. starts setting off bells with comments such as "Fate so you're not scum hunting this game?" He starts out by attacking people for not scum hunting, attacking DDDP for not posting reasons with his votes, and now going after ooop for "meh" reasons. scummy.

LMP - scum. because i say so.

Fate - town

CoA - I got nothing.

Oopid - Town! because he fake double voted and I fake vigged (and dbl voted). Clearly town as well.

Mariyta - Pinged back on my radar when zdenek saw this:
Zdenek wrote:In case I am dead. I saw Mariyta online in the forum long after my claim, so she probably saw it, but still decided to neither unvote nor comment.
AntiHero - back peddling with going from not knowing the flavor to knowing it... Hmm. You'd think the flavor speculation would come from people who know the flavor, or antihero would have asked someone who does know it if it fits... (But i'm a dirty hypocritical back peddler as well :) )

Everyone else who isn't included or commented on doesn't get a mention. Not even a mention like CoA got saying I have nothing. CoA is just special.
i r haes kontrabuewshuns?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:41 pm

Post by Fate »

Any post that calls me town is an excellent contribution to this thread, yes.

Good work Parker.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I'm glad my buddying worked ;)
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by Antihero »

AntiHero - back peddling with going from not knowing the flavor to knowing it... Hmm. You'd think the flavor speculation would come from people who know the flavor, or antihero would have asked someone who does know it if it fits...
Already explained this, can't help it if you're not reading the thread.

Would you like to try again?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by Fate »

What can I say, I'm a softie at heart when it comes to townies who can read me correctly, and I'm also very merciful to scum who respect my power and don't try to dance the dance with me by pretending to be figuring out my alignment and/or calling me scum.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by Fate »

AntiHero who the hell are you quoting?

Makes the thread a lot easier to read. Think of the loading times damn it.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by Antihero »

DP
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by Fate »

Ah, its not scummy then if it was DP.

Sidejoke time, when I first typed the above sentence I typed it AH which is another way to say Antihero >_>
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I'm not thoroughly reading the thread :/

I suck.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:48 am

Post by havingfitz »

Need to catch up from the weekend. I've 'skimmed' the last few days worth of posts but need to give a closer read. Still like my Oopidstay vote.

I haven't really paid any attention to smarg or the case/s on her so I need to look those over closer. Nothin scummy has jumped out at me irt her play so far.

I think her flip would be helpful to town either way and as I'm inclined to think she is town (ie innocent until she gives me a reason to suspect her) and if she is town I definitely think there are 1-2 scum on her current 4-person wagon. Oopid and LMP have been following each others voting for most of the day along with Fate (who conveniently added a few dashes of Oopid voting [bussing?])...so I like any of those three ATM. Oopid>LMP>Fate.

All subject to change if my read on smarg changes or she gets lynched and flips scum.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:50 am

Post by havingfitz »

DP and Enigma...you don't think anyone merits your votes atm?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:59 am

Post by Oopidstay »

smarg wrote:It seems a lot like sheeping when you quote Fate's post and then vote. As for the Fitz thing, if you're pushing his lynch, why has your vote been all over the place today? I didn't address it when I made the case because the back and forth is confusing and I wanted to wait until daytime to look closer at it, and I thought it was better to get something out fast than pretty.
Well, then you didn't read the thread, did you? My hand-of-suspicion post on you made it very clear that the only reason I wasn't voting you was because I wanted Zed dead. Fate talked me out of lynching Zed, at least for today, so that freed my vote up to move onto you.

Also, my vote was on fitz for nine days. It has been three days since I moved my vote off of fitz. As for why my vote is not on fitz now, it's because I've found someone much scummier than him to vote for (namely, you).
smarg wrote:It's the repeated FOSing that looks like testing the waters more than the FOSing then voting.
FoSing is another way of expressing suspicion. Just because one uses it does not mean one is "testing the waters".
smarg wrote:Nope. You're trying to look town by talking about pro-town mafia theory - and then you're not applying it to the game, as far as I can see.
Nope. You're trying to conjure a scumpoint out of thin air, and are failing miserably. My previous explanation is perfectly valid.
smarg wrote:Then what did you dislike about fitz's push on LMP?
Wow...I guess all I can say to this is "read the fucking thread". It should be very obvious where I stated the reasons for disliking fitz's push on LMP (hint: I devoted an entire fucking post to detailing it), so I'm gonna let you go find it yourself.
smarg wrote:I don't see how someone can go from worthy of an FOS to obvtown in that timeframe, short of a clear investigation - and we haven't had any such thing show up yet.
Because LMP wasn't that strong of a scum read to me at the time. I used the FoS to attract his attention to something I found peculiar, he gave me a good response to it, and everything else I've seen from LMP makes him town.
smarg wrote:I have a null-scum read on LMP, I think you and LMP are the same alignment and confirmed to each other based on your interactions, so the read on LMP makes me more inclined to think you're scum. It's also something to note for later should one of you flip/be cleared/be confirmed scum.
Buddying tells are worthless without a flip.
smarg wrote:The points I made in the post in which I voted you. Your comments about the vig sounded like rolefishing, I suspect there was scum on the Zdenek wagon based on how quickly it grew, and I'd had a gut scum feeling about you.
Oh, so you mean your blatant sheeping of Fate's terribad vig-rolefishing allegation,
after
I'd pointed out how terribad the allegation was? That's rich. And where'd you get that gut feeling from, considering you had to quickly throw an ISO together when called upon for a case?
smarg wrote:I'm just getting a general feel from you of trying to look town. No single one of these points is strong enough to warrant a vote, but they're all there together ... you feel very suspicious to me.
Excuse me for not believing you...

My town game, for those of you who aren't just trying to get a mislynch on me. I don't have a scum game, so you'll just have to deal. (Side note: future meta argument is
lame
...)

DP, LMP is not scum. Get him off your scumlist. :P

I love fitz's stance on smarg. "I haven't really paid attention to smarg/case on smarg, but I'm inclined to think she's town; her flip would be helpful, though." Classic. I also love how he's turning the three most pro-town players in this game into a scumteam because they share common goals.
Who you callin' oopid...(sigh) nvm.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:15 am

Post by DavidParker »

havingfitz wrote:DP and Enigma...you don't think anyone merits your votes atm?
Oh there are plenty of people who merit my vote.

But it's just a vote. Right now I'm happy to sit back and relax ya know.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:17 am

Post by DavidParker »

Also, buddying more often than not comes from 2 people who have had no interactions apart from in the game itself. There is really "obvious" buddying between scum buddies or between masons.

As town I often buddy up to people to try get them to come to my way of thinking or just because I think they are obv town and are leading the town in the right direction. As scum, I buddy people to make them less likely to go after me, logic being someone who is town is more likely to push a case on someone who isn't supporting them.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:31 am

Post by LimMePls »

DavidParker wrote:LMP - scum. because i say so.
It begins. *Sigh*
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:54 am

Post by DavidParker »

DavidParker wrote:Also, buddying more often than not comes from 2 people who have had no interactions apart from in the game itself. There is
rarely
"obvious" buddying between scum buddies or between masons.

As town I often buddy up to people to try get them to come to my way of thinking or just because I think they are obv town and are leading the town in the right direction. As scum, I buddy people to make them less likely to go after me, logic being someone who is town is more likely to push a case on someone who isn't supporting them.
EBWOP
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:58 am

Post by LimMePls »

havingfitz wrote:Need to catch up from the weekend. I've 'skimmed' the last few days worth of posts but need to give a closer read. Still like my Oopidstay vote.

I haven't really paid any attention to smarg or the case/s on her so I need to look those over closer. Nothin scummy has jumped out at me irt her play so far.
If nothing scummy has jumped out at you from her play, you're doing it wrong. Also, if nothing bad has jumped out at you from her play, has anything good jumped out? What exactly? In the following quote you say you are "inclined to think she is town (ie innocent until she gives me a reason to suspect her)". But you've given us no explanation for the town read other than a supposed lack of scum-tells (which is hilarious given that every other player has seen scum-tells from the slot). So either provide town-tells, or admit you have none and your town read is bogus.
I think her flip would be helpful to town either way and as I'm inclined to think she is town (ie innocent until she gives me a reason to suspect her) and if she is town I definitely think there are 1-2 scum on her current 4-person wagon. Oopid and LMP have been following each others voting for most of the day along with Fate (who conveniently added a few dashes of Oopid voting [bussing?])...so I like any of those three ATM. Oopid>LMP>Fate.
We haven't been "following each others voting", we've happened to vote the same people because THEY ARE DOING SCUMMY THINGS! Implying we're scum for that is hilarious. Your list of suspicions is laughable.
All subject to change if my read on smarg changes or she gets lynched and flips scum.
This disclaimer reeks. This whole post was an attempt to sit the fence on smarg without looking like you were, and this last bit is the fail in your attempt. Your nonsensical, unsupported town read of smarg is noted. Your admission that your read is "subject to change" is hilarious.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:59 am

Post by LimMePls »

Dear Town,

Can we please lynch fitz? It'll end well, I promise.

Love,
LMP

Unvote
Vote: fitz

V/LA on weekends
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:05 am

Post by Mariyta »

For those who seem to think my vote on Enigma is just for lurking, please go read that post. When I voted, I wrote "active lurking" next to the vote, but the other reasons are listed earlier in the post. I don't feel like he's taking the game seriously at all and seems to be trying to fly under the radar. That's a common scum tactic. He makes joke posts, admits to lurking, and seems to play just enough to avoid drawing real attention to himself w/o having to really participate.
DavidParker wrote:Mariyta - Pinged back on my radar when zdenek saw this:
Zdenek wrote:In case I am dead. I saw Mariyta online in the forum long after my claim, so she probably saw it, but still decided to neither unvote nor comment.
Already answered this. I was back at my house by 10:40 or so, so there's no way I was on "long after."

Yes, I'm fence-sitting on smarg right now. People use that as an attack all the time, and I don't get it. You can't always have a solid read on everyone all the time. Or maybe you can and I just suck at mafia. Regardless, she's meh to me right now. She seems to be playing similar to the last game we were in together when she flipped town (I hate meta arguments, but it's impossible not to use them sometimes).
Fitz wrote:I think her flip would be helpful to town either way and as I'm inclined to think she is town (ie innocent until she gives me a reason to suspect her) and if she is town I definitely think there are 1-2 scum on her current 4-person wagon.
Lynching someone you think is town just to analyze their wagon is horribly bad. I've heard this argument before and I really hate it. This is making me rethink my vote switch.

I'm not sure how to read DP. He's a bit obnoxious, but I think he might really be a genius in disguise.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:29 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

News and Notes:

Zdenek’s claim doesn’t fit with the “omg claim will make my ability useless” paranoia. Not happy that his wagon fell apart.

Fate’s argument against his lynch is super-bad; a hypothetical vig shooting someone else will prove his role? Possibly, but it won’t prove his alignment at all which is the relevant thing.

I’m also quite tired of Fate’s “Well I didn’t really care about the game at that point…. or this point” shtick. I’ve actually pulled the same trick before as scum because people are usually willing to dismiss you when you’re willing to admit those sort of things.

However, smargret’s case was really terrible as I think the hyena ably demonstrated; her motivations are unclear to me however.

While I actually kind of like the lurker pressure Mariyta’s vote is framed in such a way that it looks more like easy targeting rather than an attempt to motivate or lynch a player.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:50 am

Post by LimMePls »

^Town.

V/LA on weekends
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:55 am

Post by DavidParker »

^Scum.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:19 am

Post by LimMePls »

^Lies.

V/LA on weekends

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”