DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Jed Cooper wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:
Jed Cooper wrote:Only if you are unclaimed Gandalf. If you are trying to say that a claimed dayvig shouldn't be used as town, that is only an argument from scum.
HAHAHAHAHA. Yes. You never direct a vig, because SCUM can influence a directed vig.
Excuse me but you claim vig in a an open setup where the vig can be town or scum, and you DON'T allow the town to influence your vig? That is only scum hiding in the vig claim and is lynched.
No. I don't. If you think otherwise for some fuckin weird reason, you can go to hell.
Toogeloo wrote:Americans have two separate factions it seems as well...

The hand holding, love your neighbor, Mormons, and the shoot first, mount it (define as you will), and hang it, then ask questions later, Louisiana marsh-dwelling Rednecks. Choose a side my fellow Americans ^_^.
Mormons are fuckin weird, and Louisiana rocks.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

Toogeloo wrote:Americans: the shoot first, mount it (define as you will), and hang it, then ask questions later, Louisiana marsh-dwelling Rednecks. Choose a side my fellow Americans ^_^.
Ya this is mega fun but its -town.
When you
hang
NUKE
a man, you'd better look at 'em!
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

gandalf5166 wrote:
Jed Cooper wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:
Jed Cooper wrote:Only if you are unclaimed Gandalf. If you are trying to say that a claimed dayvig shouldn't be used as town, that is only an argument from scum.
HAHAHAHAHA. Yes. You never direct a vig, because SCUM can influence a directed vig.
Excuse me but you claim vig in a an open setup where the vig can be town or scum, and you DON'T allow the town to influence your vig? That is only scum hiding in the vig claim and is lynched.
No. I don't. If you think otherwise for some fuckin weird reason, you can go to hell.
Toogeloo wrote:Americans have two separate factions it seems as well...
OK IF SOMEBODY IN THIS GAME DOESN'T ANSWER THIS ARGUMENT AND PUT IT DOWN, I FRANKLY GIVE UP AND GANDALF IS MY NUKE IF I GET ONE.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

But town hasn't sanctioned that nuke. Therefore, you have to e scum. Because only scum would ever have a read that nobody else believes in.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Jed Cooper wrote:
AurorusVox wrote:JC: I still think its naieve to think that trying to control nukes will only catch scum.
This is totally misrep.
If it's NOT a plan to catch scum, then what's its purpose? It's going to zap VIs and townies who don't care and just want to send off a nuke, which is another way of saying it's a mass-Policy Lynch and will harm town more than scum.

I understand your reservation, and it CAN be used as an effective second lynch (as we discussed earlier, it was used to this effect in DEFCON 1.0), but my problem is this idea of yours that you can somehow guide nukes when many people have said they won't pay attention, and that we should lynch anyone who disobeys, since IMO these people are unlikely to be scum.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

Me wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:
Jed Cooper wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:
OK IF SOMEBODY IN THIS GAME DOESN'T ANSWER THIS ARGUMENT AND PUT IT DOWN, I FRANKLY GIVE UP AND GANDALF IS MY NUKE IF I GET ONE.
qft.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Also Jed, are you seriously implying that all the people who are advocating personal control of nukes are scum? Because there are a lot more than six of us.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

AurorusVox wrote:
Jed Cooper wrote:
AurorusVox wrote:JC: I still think its naieve to think that trying to control nukes will only catch scum.
This is totally misrep.
If it's NOT a plan to catch scum, then what's its purpose? It's going to zap VIs and townies who don't care and just want to send off a nuke, which is another way of saying it's a mass-Policy Lynch and will harm town more than scum.

I understand your reservation, and it CAN be used as an effective second lynch (as we discussed earlier, it was used to this effect in DEFCON 1.0), but my problem is this idea of yours that you can somehow guide nukes when many people have said they won't pay attention, and that we should lynch anyone who disobeys, since IMO these people are unlikely to be scum.
Yes, it appears that your "real world" wisdom has outdone "pro town theory". I'm still down with town controlled nukes but I'm quite done publicly defending it. I will of course agree with anyone who advocates it but there are too many people acting like VI's to make it practical apparently.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Oh, and you won't get a chance to nuke me, we're lynching you D1.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

gandalf5166 wrote:Also Jed, are you seriously implying that all the people who are advocating personal control of nukes are scum?
Because there are a lot more than six of
us
FAKENUKE: GANDALF
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Us. As in, people who think you're a dumbass.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

gandalf5166 wrote:Oh, and you won't get a chance to nuke me, we're lynching you D1.
If I have to be a martyr for pro-town Mafia theory, so be it. I die with my head held high. But it would be a shame if the town actually thinks I'm a better lynch than you.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

If the town can't respond to this, I am done defending it. The argument has been made very plainly.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Let's not forget scum will be begging town to nuke scummy looking town players (ala VIs), but at least they will go through "sanctioned" channels to do so. Whose going to be manipulated enough fall for scummy mcscummer's antics to lynchnuke a VI? We won't be holding that person accountable of course, because we all would be fine with lynchnuking a scummy player even if they flip VI town, right?
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

@Chesskid: Looking forward to your response about your alt.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

@Fate: What is your read on Spyrex real quick? I have a specific reason I'm asking if you could do a quick ISO.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I keep checking this thread thinking I should make a post, but you people keep rehashing the same silly arguments over and over.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

Well, do you know Chesskid from other games? Is he an alt that is really a strong player or is this the real Chesskid?
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Dang it guys, would you stop posting one-liners? Alright, here's what I've got for now:
@ Fate
Post 403
You quote two of my posts. Why? What I see there is consistency. I understand that you enjoy lynching me because you don't like my playstyle, but calling me scummy for that is ridiculous. Like I would really be more likely to say I'm not going to participate that much until DEFCON 4 as scum than I would as town.
@ Toogeloo
Post 412
What? Are you trying to say I'm generally a lurking/non-participatory player and that you tend not to expect much from me? I'm pretty sure we played one game together, and I didn't have a great chance to shine in that game, but I definitely participated. I do have an average of over 5 posts a day, and I'm in 2/3 games right now that I'm alive in. And my posts are very rarely too short. So you do the math.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Jack »

RedCoyote wrote:I keep checking this thread thinking I should make a post, but you people keep rehashing the same silly arguments over and over.
Yes.

But I think Jed is town.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

@Jack: Can we have some substantive analysis from you too? I mean nothing personal but you are one of my scum reads from today.

Also, even though I appreciate your appraisal of me as town, once again substance/content is required.

Based on your content so far I have the following questions if you would like to answer them:

Why did you fluff nuke Bobs in your confirm post?
What is your opinion of the sub role?
You said that we were bored in DEFCON 1 but that didn't ring with me. Everything seemed pretty exciting up to that point. Can you explain further?
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

EBWOP: bored in DEFCON 5 (not DEFCON 1).
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Jed Cooper wrote:If the town can't respond to this, I am done defending it. The argument has been made very plainly.
Here, I'll humor you:

What % of the kill is town controlled if the whole town controls the kill?

What % of the kill is town controlled if the townie with the silo controls the kill?

This is why confirmed vigs do whatever the hell they want to.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

I don't have a problem with confirmed vigs. We don't have confirmed vigs in this game until a confirmed cop does the confirming of the vig..
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Jack »

Jed Cooper wrote:@Jack: Can we have some substantive analysis from you too? I mean nothing personal but you are one of my scum reads from today.

Also, even though I appreciate your appraisal of me as town, once again substance/content is required.

Based on your content so far I have the following questions if you would like to answer them:

Why did you fluff nuke Bobs in your confirm post?
What is your opinion of the sub role?
You said that we were bored in DEFCON 1 but that didn't ring with me. Everything seemed pretty exciting up to that point. Can you explain further?
Can't have any substantive analysis. I think it's been mostly garbage time posts.

1. his sig
2. great for scum
3. in pyp2 we had 200 qt posts before the draft talking about roles. As town you pretty much just make up your mind. We were posting music links and goofing around, I guess some people weren't bored though.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”