Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3500 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Plum »

I'm willing to Double Rob if that's what we end up deciding. Would obviously much prefer to Stalk/Murder Nico, but if y'all put me down for Robbing that's what I'll be doing.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3501 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

So you think because he checked out with zero insanities he's town?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3502 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

^@Triglav
YOUR AD HERE

Triglav
Triglav
Goon
Triglav
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3503 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Triglav »

He declared an action that was a double-up action. That suggests an increased likelihood of scumminess to us.
Why would scum/murderer lie about an action?
To hide a 'bad' action.
How many of the 'bad' actions cause insanities?
Most.
He was checked and was found to have zero insanities. That means that a scum SSBF/npau/Nacho was chosen by scum to do things that wouldn't give him insanitites because the scum wanted him to look townish.
Then they had him fakeclaim a protect on their failed NK target?
The guy who is supposed to have zero insanities so he can look town?
No.

We believe the lack of insanities dramatically increases the chance that Nacho is town. We'd have liked to have this info on Feysal too - but other town players are idiots. That said, Feysal was the one who suggested the investigation - which means if he's scum then he was also clean which really makes us wonder what scum were thinking having him do the false resuscitate. So, currently, we actually believe it is likely just that two players both sought to protect a very town looking player. We don't want to see either of them lynched at this stage.
We are an amalgamation of Adel, Albert B. Rampage, Zorblag, and Ythan (twice).
We are, in absolute honesty, a conglomeration of gandalf, drmyshottyizsik, and MichaelSableheart.
We are currently operating as an omniscient culmination of Fate, Glork and ZazieR.
Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3504 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Trilobite »

xvart Post 3467 wrote:
Trilobite, ISO 78 wrote:I actually thought that xvart was behind the LB kill until we got MoI's flip. His two instantiates fit the stalk and kill of LB perfectly. However, xvart stalking you after he “cleared” you the night before is just really poor. I like him for a cultist very much right now. Seacore's little paragraph about the game state prior to xvart's stalk is a good point. But xvart already used his night one action to “confirm” furc. The stalk makes zero sense.
Sotty - after playing in a hydra with me as scum I find it difficult to believe that you really thought I would do something so obviously not subtle as trying to hide an insanity by false claiming a stalk. Can you walk me through your thought process here? Do you really think that as a Cult member I would have not thought through claiming a Stalk as Cult and the ramifications of it not going through?
The beauty of this game is that there is a lot that can happen in the night. I wasn't happy with your choice to stalk furc after you “cleared” him in your own mind. It didn't really fit up for me and made me question your motives. Hydra'ing with you showed me you like to think things though, but if you think there is a soft spot in the town (as scum) you would exploit it. You killing furc obviously dispells all my problems with you now.

Grave rob plan looks fine to me.

~Sotty
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3505 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

VP wrote:@Nacho - What is your experience with SAII? Have you read any portion of that game?
Nothing, and no.
I played in SAI, but I replaced in there, too, and didn't really get involved.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3506 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Okay, here is how stalking should go.

We nominate people that are under a fair bit of suspicion to stalk. but, we do not pick single targets. Instead, we vote on a communal "it would be fine if x was murdered" list. This is exceedingly important, because warding a target is super easy but warding a list-full is hard.

In the morning, they claim target and success/failure. On a failure, we judge the odds of a cult fake-claiming the 'stalk'. (NO townies should be warding anyone on the "would be fine if x was murdered" list.) On a success, full speed ahead! A rez kit is MUCH costlier than a ward.

Ben, I'll leave the prototype list in your hands. While the town can add/remove if it's an everyone vs. you situation, I much prefer if the lions share of the list is the confirmed townie's judgment. (and I've already made my thoughts clear re: xvarts "judgment".) Just list the name of everyone who, if you learned they were stalked tomorrow, you'd say "go ahead" and not "x isn't worth losing." (So both cultbags are useless null reads go here, anyone you wouldn't mind seeing dead.)

Ben and xvart, you also have the options of switching your proposed double-robber if you'd prefer the person you chose to be a N4 Stalker instead.

If you want to nominate someone to stalk tonight, post like so:

I nominate Herp Derp to be a n4 Stalker.

It also goes without saying that we take a few days to sort this shit out and don't lynch until the ducks are in a row and I post the new reference.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3507 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Also:

Mod: Would votes contained in
tags still count as normal?

If so I'll just put the vote sanity testing in CD5 and save us all a headache.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3508 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Benmage »

Omg hito, you just gave a kid on Christmas Eve the key to the toy factory, I'm gonna have fun sleeping on this.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3509 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

amendment to 3506, because it's a bit unclear

benmage: post initial list of allowable murder TARGETS

town-at-large: nominate potential STALKERS, and suggest amendments to Ben's list if needed

ben and xvart: switch rob targets if you'd rather have them as stalkers. General rule: "Good player, if they're town" = better stalker. "kind of a lump either way" = better double-robber.
Ben wrote:Omg hito, you just gave a kid on Christmas Eve the key to the toy factory, I'm gonna have fun sleeping on this.
'Tis the spirit of the season! :D
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #3510 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:31 am

Post by Percy »

Vote Count

*whisper whisper*

SpyreX - 7
(
nopointinactingup
Nachomamma8
, AurorusVox, Wraith, VP Baltar, Plum, Benmage, hitorogoshi, Nachomamma8)
Andrius - 2
(Trilobite, Seacore)
Nicodemus - 1
(Baby Spice)
Benmage - 0 (
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
)
hitorogoshi - 0 (
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
)
Wraith - 0 (
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
)
xvart - 0 (
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
)
Andrius - 0 (
Nachomamma8
)
AurorusVox - 0 (
Nachomamma8
)
Baby Spice - 0 (
Nachomamma8
)
Feysal - 0 (
Nachomamma8
)
Iecerint - 0 (
Nachomamma8
)
kunkstar7 - 0 (
Nachomamma8
)
Nicodemus - 0 (
Nachomamma8
)
Plum - 0 (
Nachomamma8
)
totallynotmafia - 0 (
Nachomamma8
)
Triglav - 0 (
Nachomamma8
)
Trilobite - 0 (
Nachomamma8
)
Vasudeva - 0 (
Nachomamma8
)
VP Baltar - 0 (
Nachomamma8
)

Not Voting (10) - (Andrius, Feysal,
hitorogoshi
, Iecerint, kunkstar7,
Nachomamma8
, Nicodemus, SpyreX, totallynotmafia, Triglav, VasudeVa, xvart)
hitorogoshi wrote:
Mod: Would votes contained in
tags still count as normal?
Absolutely! Go right ahead...

The deadline for today's lynch is Saturday, 18 December 2010 at 1:30:00 AM (default site time).

With 20 alive, 11 votes secures a Lynch.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3511 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Seacore »

@Hito.

My current thoughts on tomorrow's insanity testing is as follows.
Players are listed 1-18 (or however many people survive.
Player 1 votes for everybody similar to the way I did.
Everybody, including player 1, votes for the two players beneath them on the list. Player 1 votes for Player 2 and 3. Player 2 votes for Player 3 and 4. Player 17 votes for player 18 and 1, player 18 votes for player 1 and 2.
Votes are like they were today Vote X, Unvote, Vote Y, Unvote, X, unvote, Y, unvote.
This allows everybody to be tested thoroughly.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3512 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:31 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Unless I'm missing something, Seacore, Benmage and I still tested ourselves for voting insanities when we voted ourselves. I don't see anything wrong with picking Benmage/Xvart (two people we should never ever wagon) as the paranoid wondertwins, and just have the first person to post vote everyone?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3513 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Benmage »

Boys its saturday. I'll get crackin on that list tomorrow...We pretty much waiting on me? I'll make sure to get her done....I was out and about all day today. And I've got to get ready for a christmas party.

I'm salivating.

Scum you're doomed.

Sneak preview. My top 3 stalkers/killers are Seacore/Hito/VPB. (So I might amend the rob graving plan or even rob grave twice myself if need be, we mislynched too much, its time to start killing)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3514 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:53 am

Post by SpyreX »

Sneak preview. My top 3 stalkers/killers are Seacore/Hito/VPB. (So I might amend the rob graving plan or even rob grave twice myself if need be, we mislynched too much, its time to start killing)
Are you saying you think those three:

1.) are stalkers/killers now.
2.) are who you are going to stalk/kill.
3.) need to be stalked/killed.

(regardless of your answer "confirmed" or not you better unscrew your madness bulb and replace it with a functional one)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3515 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Benmage »

They're gonna be the ones stalking and killing....duh. The list of those to die will come.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3516 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Touche'.

I thought of that right after I posted.

We're still ok then.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3517 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:04 am

Post by xvart »

Seacore wrote:I've chosen plum for xvart, but it can easily be swapped out for one of his other noms.
My biggest concern currently is the Andrius/AV rob, but I'm being out voted on this so that's fine.
That's fine with me, I was going to suggest Plum for final pick as I think tying her down with robbing is better than whatever stalking she desires to do. I would like to switch Seacore and Benmage so it is Plum and Benmage and Plum and me. I also would like both of her targets to be someone we believe has equipment (or at least not someone we know has no equipment.

Who posted that action table spanning multiple days from a couple days ago? I'd like to take a look at it but I can't remember who it was.
Triglav, 3499 wrote:We would rather see Plum do the stalk.
Plum is hard to read and solid potential scum.
Which is why it is better to tie her down as a robber instead of a stalker so she can't come back and be like "tough luck, I must have been warded."
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3518 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Seacore »

The action list was mine
Triglav
Triglav
Goon
Triglav
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3519 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Triglav »

xvart wrote:
Triglav, 3499 wrote:We would rather see Plum do the stalk.
Plum is hard to read and solid potential scum.
Which is why it is better to tie her down as a robber instead of a stalker so she can't come back and be like "tough luck, I must have been warded."
Hmmm, see logic here.
Reverse of thought was uncertain if towns who stalk than become awesome obvious towns who scum hate.
If all she does is graverob then Triglav will still be carrying around 'Let's lynch Plum' signs for foreseeable future with no functional end in sight.
What happened to locking down other obvious scum who we are locking down? Y'know, like BabySpice - look how well he's been corralled and how we've controlled his actions.
:roll:
Wasting actions is a pause button to avoid dealing with them.

Doesn't much matter now as Benmage is doing his thing.
Moderately like his idea of checking town's preconceptions.
Though it seems early in the game to bother with that when there are so many unknowns.
Can we get Plum and Baby Spice on the 'to be stalked' list?
We are an amalgamation of Adel, Albert B. Rampage, Zorblag, and Ythan (twice).
We are, in absolute honesty, a conglomeration of gandalf, drmyshottyizsik, and MichaelSableheart.
We are currently operating as an omniscient culmination of Fate, Glork and ZazieR.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3520 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

V/LA due to illness.

Coupla days

Will try and follow/post
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3521 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:35 am

Post by Wraith »

Are we in the "Debate the shit out of who's doing what tonight" phase? We still lynching SpyRex?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3522 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

That seems to be the current state, yes. Though I wish we'd hurry up because this game is dragging very quickly, thus making the scum more comfortable and allowing them to plot night actions.
YOUR AD HERE

Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3523 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Seacore »

I'm not too worried about that VP. Having chat all night and all day (except for those who may have taken Sociopathy) means they'l always be more able to plot than the rest of us, and it doesn't take too much to make good plans when everybody is on the same page.
Our plans suck because we can't tell the difference between "I don't understand this game", "I'm not really paying attention to this game" and "I'm pretending to not understand and not pay attention because I'm scum". They are more able to tell the difference.

But yes, I think we should just head to night now. The graverob is done. Benmage can either post his list or not, at this point it's not a big deal.

Unvote. Vote Spyrex
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3524 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Plum »

Remind me which graves I'll be robbing, please?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”