DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Bunnylover »

I really hate it when I am in games with Fate ._.
And I found it Toog (your list), thank you.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:24 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Chess is scum.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

We clearly have:

The Earps: Law & Order (controlled nuking, vig claim)
The Clantons: Lawlessness (uncontrolled nuking, unclaimed vig)

The Earps know what has to be done.
When you
hang
NUKE
a man, you'd better look at 'em!
Quote Clip
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:35 am

Post by SpyreX »

Capitulate under the iron fist of the Secret Death Empire so we can focus on murderfacing the Drunks.

THEN we can dance.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Right, because the Earps could never be communist scum.
Seriously Jed, are you just begging to be nuked? Do you really want to know what a hot flaming all American nuclear mudhole stompin' is like?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:36 am

Post by chesskid3 »

gandalf5166 wrote:Chess is scum.
Kay.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

We'll see you in the street at high Defcon 3.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Baby Spice »

Nuke whoever youwant, just be willing to justify yourself or recall.

Which brings me to:
Nuke: Someone

V/LA 3 days
^^ Anyone doing that should be made to glow in the dark.

Launch yes, but don't launch and disapeer.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Baby Spice wrote:Nuke whoever youwant, just be willing to justify yourself or recall.

Which brings me to:
Nuke: Someone

V/LA 3 days
^^ Anyone doing that should be made to glow in the dark.

Launch yes, but don't launch and disapeer.
I agree with this.
Don't really care who or what you nuke, as long as you can justify why you did it
Show
I have played 25 games:

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:22 am

Post by SpyreX »

Yes, anyone declaring they are scum should be dealt with.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I am mildly curious if ALL roles will be in the game.

For example, if no one takes Fail Safe, will we have 11 Silos, or does Fail Safe automatically get dispersed? Silos say "unlimited number" which leads me to believe that it's entirely possible for there to be 20 Silos and no Power roles if we had it that way (obv not gonna happen).

(You will never receive a troop deployment if you did not request one. So, it's possible for there to be 20 silos and no other abilities. --AGM)
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

The Clantons believe in the survival of the fittest. The problem is that
everyone
believes
they
are the fittest and so justification is easy -- too easy to serve the interests of the town. The most evil elements within the Clantons are able to do their will under the cloak of "survival of the fittest" while becoming stronger with each passing day.

In a town run by the Earps, Law & Order channels the resources of the town as a unified whole to defeat the Clantons. Siding with the Earps is the best way to identify eliminate the most evil elements within the Clantons and scatter the rest, resulting in a peaceful victory for the town.

(pssst, this means town sanctioned nuking and sub-claim as town directed vig).
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

ahh I see, so who gets to be an Earp and who gets to be the sheep?
Kinda hard to corral your proletariat komrades when they have nukes, isnt it? So naturally you want to disarm them by putting arbitrary restrictions on when and on whom they can nuke.

Screw you buddy. As an American, I will not have my sovereignty challenged by filthy communist scum.

Hey Jed, I highly suggest you go for that Fallout Shelter, just sayin'
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Jack wrote:Let's lynch gandalf day 1.
This I can get behind.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Kitoari »

How am I going to keep up with this game?

Trying to catch up now, looks like Fate started posting so I could maybe glean some insight from his posts.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

SocioPath wrote:
This I can get behind.
SP, you haven't even played with me since Alphabet Mafia. >.>
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Kitoari »

gandalf5166 wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
This I can get behind.
I would much rather lynch chesskid D1 than gandalf.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Kitoari wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
This I can get behind.
Cool.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

chesskid3 wrote:
Kitoari wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
This I can get behind.
Cool.
Quote Boxes for the win!
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

I wanted to continue the quotes, but I can't D:
Show
I have played 25 games:

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by SocioPath »

gandalf5166 wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
This I can get behind.
Which means I have no idea what I am talking about.
Which means I am incapable of knowing anything about you otherwise from games I've played directly involving you.
Which means that your play in this game thus far has been stellar and cannot be called out upon.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:40 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

This thread makes me think so much of America. It's all bipartisanship in here. The next step would be to find a common ground between the two ideas of Law vs. Chaos.

Law people want to regulate nukes so they can be used smartly. Therefore, prefers to ban all people from using nukes unless sanctioned by the rest of Town.
I don't see
any
argument from the Chaos side aside from the usual egotistic 'DERP I WANT DAYKILLZ', 'NO U I NO CLAIM SUB IF I GETZ BCUZ I WIN.', 'DIS MORE FUN BLOOD FOR BLOOD GOD'.

Don't give in to these ORKs. These orks are a bunch of brutes with no order and they regularly fight amongst themselves.

Fighting FOR THE EMPEROR is better. You get to be main characters, for one. AND you get to wield CHAINSWORDS. CHAIN-SWORDS. It's A FUCKING SWORD THAT IS ALSO A CHAINSAW.

Join the IMPERIUM now! Just get your nuke sanctioned by the will of the Emperor and we can GUARANTEE you'll be nuking scum soon.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:43 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

EBWOP:
'DIS MORE FUN BLOOD FOR BLOOD GOD'.

'DIS MORE FUN MORE DAKKA DAKKA'

For accuracy. Forgot I switched them from Chaotes to ORKZ. >.>
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Percy 153 wrote:Unless it's sanctioned by the playerbase, no-one should nuke. If you disagree, then say why, kthx.
Of course then the nukes risk being influenced by scum. Nukes are out in the open, so it's not like anyone will be able to "getaway" with nuking someone. There are already proper red flags in place to prevent total nuclear warfare. There are both stop measures as well as the Failsafe power. There's no reason why anyone needs to "sanction" nuking, unless, obviously, we are approaching the end of the game.

---
JC 155 wrote:The town should understand each ability and choose the list based on the best strategy for the town and their playstyle as they see it. I don't like how this post is trying to guide votes too specifically and your advice seems to lack overall integrity.
What are you taking about? I'm guiding votes? I was about as broad as I could possibly be short of saying everyone go hog wild. Are you just making all these posts to hear yourself talk? Why do you need five posts in a row?
JC 162 wrote:Are you aware that a vig that refuses to be guided by the town is lynchable?
I'm with chesskid and IS here. There's no reason to claim you have a nuclear silo. Percy, I assumed, was thinking further down the line towards the endgame. At that point it obviously becomes much more acceptable to start planning out how kills should go and who has the arsenal to do it. It seems like you're wanting to push it farther with this statement though. Nukes and Vig shots work very differently. We don't necessarily need a massclaim immediately when we hit DEFCON 1.

---
Toogeloo 172 wrote:I do love the "scum-hunting" that is going on btw. This is quite possibly the easiest phase to feign town since there is no consequence, and everyone is jumping all over the one person who sticks out like a sore thumb.
Do you mean JC's crusading? He's the only one I really see who could be classified as "jumping all over" anyone.

---
Faraday 182 wrote:It's not hard, judge the person on their actions. So if someone comes out and nukes someone obvtown, saying 'welp thought he was scum hehehehe' isn't gonna make much difference.

If I have a nuke I'll use it as I see fit.
Bingo. Plus town points for this. Like I said above. All nukes are broadcast to everyone. There's no hiding it. Everyone here is perfectly capable of seeing the causality of all nuclear activity, and, thus, should theoretically be able to objectively assess whether or not it is something to be seen as scummy or not.

---
chesskid 190 wrote:Fate, if you nuke me, I'm nuking you right back. Just a heads up.
Alright, gentlemen, let's not go crazy. This is exactly the kind of crap that JC, Percy, and Vas are scared of happening.

---
JC 204 wrote:And you have to hand it to Fate -- he was smooth as silk in 3P lylo -- he took that win by force.
Anything that Fate says that's not in ALL CAPS is probably him lying.

---
Fate 210 wrote:Don't remind me how useless this DEFCON 5 is gameplay wise except for 5 being a sexy odd number and AGM liking his flavor.
Speak for yourself. I enjoyed reading it last game and I enjoy reading it this game. I've got a good beat on many of the players here already. If you think it's useless, why are you posting?

---
Spyrex 223 wrote:I'm fully aware of how it works. Even limited information (that sure as hell has the chance to become total information) is a good thing. A real good thing.
Spyrex is right here. Toogeloo and chesskid, you guys aren't thinking long-term. Even if you just rule someone out for one of the mafia teams, you don't know where the future will take the game. What if the team you ruled out ends up shooting the other mafia team? Then you effectively have a clear player on your hands. Sure, it's not as strong as a full-fledged Cop role, but any piece of information is helpful.

However, if neither of you want this power, by all means, don't put it on your list. I wouldn't go around saying that no American should take it though.

---
Jack 230 wrote:Scum is chatting in their qt about what to take and is less bored than we are.
Do you think this means that they are participating more in the game thread? Eh? That was a big idea in the last game.
It turned out to be a red herring though.

---
Fate 253 wrote:What a HORRIBLE summary of what is happening with me and chess.

I don't even know what to make of that last paragraph it reads forced as fucking hell with the parantheses and all this boss nonesense
Can you blame him? I agree with you and I agree with Spyrex about this Toogeloo/chesskid/dana thing, but you feel the need to beat the dead horse all day and all night with... I guess you have 40-50 posts at this point? For someone who sees this all as "useless", you sure aren't acting like it.

If you stopped posting right here and let all the crazy things that everyone else say roll off your back, I'd defend you... but you just can't help it, can you?

---
Toogeloo 276 wrote:For the last time, I am not stating "don't put cop on your list."
chesskid did though.

---
JC 280 wrote:Beware of just following anyone's list. We all need to really think for ourselves ultimately before looking at anyone else's list.
Now that I'm thinking about it, why did you come at me for "guiding votes" and not Percy given that this is your point of view?

---
Vas 321 wrote:This thread makes me think so much of America. It's all bipartisanship in here. The next step would be to find a common ground between the two ideas of Law vs. Chaos.
Clearly the middle ground is exactly what me and AV are talking about. Nukes are to be used independently up unto the point where it no longer becomes feasible for the town not the mass claim. Once we've reached the point where we need to lay all the cards on the table, then we'll benefit much more for submitting all nuclear decisions to the greater community, because we can map out with a greater probability hitting potential scum.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:55 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I like how that your sentiment really shows through starting with "bipartisan" and going right to :giantsmugulon:

See, I'll make it real simple. I trust myself right now to take a shot.

As time progresses, maybe I'll take some input from a few others. Input. Never the

What I wont do, now, or ever, is let my shot be guided by a load of miscreants.

Or, to put it differently:

The will of the people produces backwards lists. That go into a bureaucratic mess where 6 of the voices sure as hell want to gerrymander anything useful.
The WRATH OF THE BLOOD GOD produces bodies.

I know what team I'm on, every time.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”