DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:58 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

The Rules wrote:DEFCON 3 – Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness – Two weeks or until lynch.
a) Players may cast votes.
b) Following a lynch, a 48 hour night phase will occur.
c) During night phases, players may use any activated abilities they have.
d) All militaries switch to encrypted callsigns. Players with private communication channels may still talk openly at any time, but any messages sent during the day phase have a 10% chance of their contents being intercepted and posted publically in the thread.

DEFCON 2 – Further increase in force readiness, but less than maximum readiness – Two weeks or until lynch.
a) The PRC and the Russian Federation each gain the following activated ability: Stealth Bomber: In preparation for your campaign against the Americans, your military aerospace engineers have outfitted your Air Force with the cutting edge in stealth technology. You are capable of conducting air strikes anywhere in the world with precise and deadly force. {Kill target player.}
b) All other characteristics are identical to DEFCON 3.
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you
hang
NUKE
a man, you'd better look at 'em!
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:03 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

Toogeloo wrote:On the nuke subject, I don't find sanctioning our nukes as very productive. You wouldn't direct a Vigilante on who to kill every night would you?
Oh yes. Its the only way to prove their alignment.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Toogeloo »

How does someone following a town direction to kill prove alignment? If they are scum and town majority wants another town dead, did he just confirm himself when he shot the guy? Leaving individual kills to group consensus opens the avenue of allowing that kill to be manipulated by the informed minority. A little persuasion here, a little charisma there, next thing you know, you've got a vig controlled by the mafia.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:12 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

No one decides where my nuke goes except me. Only the communist scum will make such blatant attempts at manipulation and will be dealt with harshly. (Probably via a good ol' fashioned American nuking)
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

Toogeloo wrote:How does someone following a town direction to kill prove alignment? If they are scum and town majority wants another town dead, did he just confirm himself when he shot the guy? Leaving individual kills to group consensus opens the avenue of allowing that kill to be manipulated by the informed minority. A little persuasion here, a little charisma there, next thing you know, you've got a vig controlled by the mafia.
I completely disagree. Two
town-directed
lynches are off the charts better than only one. All of the charisma etc. is trackable to its source.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:44 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Toogeloo wrote:How does someone following a town direction to kill prove alignment? If they are scum and town majority wants another town dead, did he just confirm himself when he shot the guy? Leaving individual kills to group consensus opens the avenue of allowing that kill to be manipulated by the informed minority. A little persuasion here, a little charisma there, next thing you know, you've got a vig controlled by the mafia.
Doesn't prove anything. We lynch/suspect whoever influenced the nuke. Treat the nuke like we would a quickhammer/daykill.

I'm on TEAM PERCY. Chaos is essentially better for scum. The better we organize ourselves, the better we will do.

In the last game, it was very chaotic at the start because the Townies were all gungho and were rambling amongst each other and playing the blame game. (Plus 3 out of 3 scum lurked their asses off so. >.>). It all went better when the uncooperative Townies were killed off.

We got our act together, organized and then we quickly caught up on what would have been an easy scum sweep. However, Town was already drowning with WIFOM by the end so we still lost. >.>.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Toogeloo »

It sounds like you want to set up a chain. Town convinces a nuke to shoot another town, someone on the decision must have been scum, so we shoot/lynch him. Playing Mafia isn't that cut and dry, and town loses more games because they follow that mentality. You also have to consider the smarter players are going to be shot by scum by the time we get to DEFCON 1 to use nukes. Then you got a couple VIs running around shooting townies because scum told them to do so. Or you got a scum who acts very pro-town and shoots a town because the town told him to, and then he can easily place blame on another townie.

In my last game, I was viewed as pro-town even though I was scum, and I was able to manipulate players into lynching whomever I wanted in the waning days, and I was just one person. You get a scum team on the same page with a bunch of VIs, and you can get townies to start nuking each other at their discretion.

We are going to have rebels this game, and you can't control them either. A few players have already stated as much that they aren't going to be directed, so you have to trust they will make the right decision for town's benefit. Directing any form of town power is just as dangerous and could cause the player with the actual power to second guess their own reads and cause even more chaos than just letting a player control their own destiny.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Faraday »

It's not hard, judge the person on their actions. So if someone comes out and nukes someone obvtown, saying 'welp thought he was scum hehehehe' isn't gonna make much difference.

If I have a nuke I'll use it as I see fit.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

Dang Toog you are really going against the town grain here. Good Americans preserve law and order. You got broken arrows flying everywhere, that is just anti-town because then NOBODY can be held responsible and its scum heaven. At least with controlled nuking we have a paper trail. I just don't buy your "lowest common denominator" argument; your pessimism strikes me as distinctly pro-scum.

FoS Toog.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:13 am

Post by Toogeloo »

The person who launched the nuke can be held responsible, then we question them on why they chose their target and condemn if needed. Only 1 nuke in the entire game is hidden, everyone else will have to declare their nuke. It's not as if the "paper trail" disappears entirely.

Also, the town grain seems to be split in half if you look at the players for and against claiming.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

I'm just not down with this association of "
A
narchist
S
ub
S
upporters"
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:15 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Toogeloo wrote:Also, the town grain seems to be split in half if you look at the players for and against claiming.
EBWOP: ended that sentence a little prematurely....

The town grain seems to be split in half if you look at the players for and against claiming
and directing [or being directed] town nukes.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Fate »

Percy wrote:
Unless it's sanctioned by the playerbase, no-one should nuke. If you disagree, then say why, kthx.
HERE I AM DISAGREEING KTHX.

IM NOT GONNA PUT UP WITH THE BULLSHIT OF HEMMHAWWIN ON ME WANTING TO SHOOT SCUM/ANTI-TOWN.

IVE WAITED A YEAR FOR A GODDAMN DAYKILL ROLE AND IM NOT USING IT LIKE A DOUBLE LYNCH. IM USING IT LIKE A DAMN DAYKILL AND ALL THE GLORY THAT COMES WITH IT.

IF WE NUKE THE VI BRIGADE ASAP I GUARANTEE A TOWN WIN.

damn looks like I was real late to this anti-commie party >_>
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Fate »

Jed, I like your style and all, but FoS toog?

That's exactly the sort of thing that validates competent players nuking at their own discretion...
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

Man with all this dissension it looks like its going to be Tombstone all over again... :shifty:
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:21 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Fate, if you nuke me, I'm nuking you right back. Just a heads up.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Fate »

I look forward to dying at the hands of a damn clown.

OH BUT WHAT?

FATE WAS PROTECTED BY A BATTLESHIPZ?

VI BRIGADE LEADER WAS FOILED AND KILLED? NAD HE FLIPPED SCUM TO BOOT?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:25 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:27 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

Fate your posts make my eyeballs hurt but at least they make sense. XD
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:29 am

Post by chesskid3 »

No, Fate's suggestion of nuking ~ 5 players in game is horribad, since most are likely town. It's a cheap equivalent of a policy lynch to remove most likely 3-4 townies for free, and is scummy as fuck.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:36 am

Post by Fate »

Excuse me?

Did I miss where danakillsu, gandalf, whoiever the hell I listed and I'm afraid to check the player list because I'll scream, posted AT ALL or dropped ANY TOWN TELLS?

Its not a policy lynch. Its nowhere NEAR the same. Its a policy vig, which I endorse and I Love and is what vigs were fucking made for.

For removing scummy as all hell players like you that are detriments to the town and could also be scum, but can rarely be read as scum just because of how its "well is he just fucking awful or is he scum?"

I could link game after game of instances in which killing off the VIs either through lynch or vigs would have always resulted in a town win. You clowns are just perfect LyLo fodder OR easily manipulated in said LyLo.

And for the other days youre alive before LyLo? Perfect distractions for town trying to figure out the game, perfect targets of fakescumhunting, etc.

IF this game had a N0 and I had a bullet I wouldn't even TRY to parse through all this set-up talk to find scum, I'd shoot one of my list and I wouldn't look back.

Now UNLESS you can explain how you know 3-4 of them are townies BEFORE THEY EVEN POSTED, I think lynching you D1 would work just as fuckin well.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:39 am

Post by chesskid3 »

BECAUSE 5-6 POLICY VIGS IS REALLY FUCKING BAD IF MOST OF THEM ARE TOWN, WHICH PROBABILITY SUGGESTS THEY WILL BE, YOU CLOWN
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:41 am

Post by Fate »

PROBABILITY?

6 SCUM THIS GAME, 6 SLOTS. THEY COULD ALL BE SCUM.'

IM NOT PLAYING STATISTICS 101 FUCKIN 1 WITH YOU HERE. IM NOT PLAYING "IF YOU DERP 5 PLAYERS OUT OF A 20 PLAYER GAME WIT 6 SCUM 1-2 WILL BE SCUM" BECAUSE THIS ISNT A FUCKIN SCIENCE PROJECT.

ITS MAFIA, AND THEY ARE BETTER OFF DEAD EVEN IF THEYRE ALL FUCKIN TOWN, BUT BASED ON GANDALF POSTING ELSEWHERE AND YOU PUSHING BS READS ON IS AND ME I'D HIGHLY FUCKIN DOUBT THAT.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

FATEEE

YES

MURDER DEATH SPREE
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

When I said his posts make sense, I mean they are intelligible and conceptually meaningful; not that I necessarily agree with them.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”