Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by Le Cupcake »

Guderian wrote:also, hoopla, If i am not scum as you say, why would I constantly be suspected? If you believe I am town, wouldn't it be your duty to try and argue away from my lynch. I know I would do the same to the little town list I provided. To do anything less would be to allow yourself to become a bystander.
Fate what do you think of this lil snippet?

My gut is bubbling, and the antacids don't seem to be pushing it back.
Cupcake Mafia II has been delayed due to multiple instances of multiple computers spontaneously combusting...-_-
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Guderian »

Why do you need fate to think for you? Make your own case. Instead of simply

GUT!

post something.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Fate »

That snippet confirmed my scumragedar.

He's asking Hoopla to DEFEND HIM ffs.

CAN'T DEFNED YOUR OWN DAMN SCUMMY SELF SO UAPPEAL TO CONFIRMED TOWN EH?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by Guderian »

I'm not asking anyone to defend me. What Im saying is if person A thinks other person B is town then person A should take it upon themselves to try and stop a mislynch or what they view as unjust. I can't believe you would disagree with this.

(in this case it pertains to me)

For example, I now think benmage is town. I will argue against lynching benmage.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by Jack »

slowsilver wrote:1) Yes, I fully understood how the draft system worked by the time I gave my numbers in.
2) I chose my favourite numbers and then took away two. I hoped that others would choose my favourite numbers as their favourite numbers.
3) I would say that they chose unique numbers so as to maximise their chances of getting decent roles.
favorite numbers and then took away two?? Why did you hope that others would choose your favorite numbers? How?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by Jack »

Hoopla, explain your reasoning clearing vollk and guderian to me.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by Benmage »

I know Gudes role. I don't see a need for him to claim.
vote slowsilver
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Jack wrote:Hoopla, explain your reasoning clearing vollk and guderian to me.
I haven't "cleared" them in the traditional sense. But the fact that Gandalf has flipped Vanilla means that at least one must be town, as there is little reason to waste such a high pick otherwise. Gandalf claimed Gunsmith - we either look at it as he is lying, or he is truthful.

If Gandalf is lying about the role he aimed for, how did he know a Gunsmith was above him to prove the claim? The only real reason is that if vollkan and Gandalf are scum together. But for this to be true, it means Gandalf must have tried for Guderian's role, which is a far less likely scenario than the most obvious one of vollkan-town Gunsmith and Gandalf actually trying for Gunsmith. The only way for vollkan to be scum is through an elaborate scum gambit where scum have picked up Gunsmith lower done and have done some role shuffling. In which case, well done, it's a brave play to do so early as there are a bunch of roles that can still catch you. But we shouldn't be thinking in paranoid off-chances.

If we believe Gandalf's VT-Gunsmith claim to be true, it raises questions as to why scum were going for that role with their third pick. If scum had, say the 1st and 3rd pick (which is the only
real
possibility I see of vollkan/Guderian) - what use is going for Gunsmith there, when you should probably be taking one of the vigs, if not in first spot, the third one. Realistically, what other role would scum possibly go for if they had first pick? Cop or Vig is the only rational choice, when you go by previous PYP's and the relatively weaker roles on offer this game. So, if we're to assume scum were to pick one of these roles, what motivation do scum have going for Gunsmith in 3rd spot when they're taking one of the gun roles? I can see a strategy of Cop 1st, Gunsmith 3rd to shut down town investigation power, but other than that, there aren't many scenarios where Gunsmith 3rd makes sense when you have a higher pick.

It's likelier in my eyes, that scum's highest pick was 3rd, and they went for Gunsmith purely because they wanted to be able to vig/cop hunt knowing they were likely going to miss out on most or all of those roles.

Again, there's a chance Guderian is scum, and even an outside chance of vollkan scum, but I think both of those players (particularly vollkan) are more of a risk lynch-wise, than taking a potshot at one of the 3's. Perhaps "clearing" them was false wording (I don't remember if I said that), but rather, they're a low percentage play. I think the psychology behind scum probably choosing a number 1-4 as a function of simulating randomness and spreading out well, is solid. We should be lynching slowsilver.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Benmage wrote:I know Gudes role. I don't see a need for him to claim.
vote slowsilver
Well, since you're pretty much claiming role-cop, give me a list of roles you wouldn't want Guderian claiming right now. And I'll tell you which ones will be handy to know right now, because I don't trust your judgement.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by Benmage »

Hoopla wrote:
vote slowsilver
Well, since you're pretty much claiming role-cop, give me a list of roles you wouldn't want Guderian claiming right now. And I'll tell you which ones will be handy to know right now, because I don't trust your judgement.
I already claimed VT....come on hoopla deduction, how could I know Gudes role?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Benmage wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
vote slowsilver
I already claimed VT....come on hoopla deduction, how could I know Gudes role?
Oh right, you went for Gunsmith as well. I forgot.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:41 pm

Post by Benmage »

Benmage wrote:. (Hint hint, wasn't gunsmith or obviously cop)
Swing and a miss.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:43 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Benmage wrote:
Benmage wrote:. (Hint hint, wasn't gunsmith or obviously cop)
Swing and a miss.
That was a joke - I realised what you meant. For what it's worth, based on what I know, if you both went for Odd-Night-Vig, then it makes slowsilver probably scum.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 11

Andrius
- 3 - inHimshallibe, slowsilver, Ellibereth - (L-8)
Guderian
- 2 - xvart, Le Cupcake - (L-9)
inHimshallibe
- 1 - Volkan - (L-10)
Le Cupcake
- 1 - Parama - (L-10)
PranaDevil
- 1 - Jack - (L-10)
Sajin
- 1 - llamafluff - (L-10)
slowsilver
- 4 - Hoopla, Guderian, Fate, Benmage - (L-7)

Players not voting: Andrius, Drippinggoofball, iamausername, Pomegranate, PranaDevil, Rabies, Sajin
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:57 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Hoople makes a good case.
vote: slowsilver
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:57 am

Post by Parama »

unvote, vote: PranaDevil
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:28 am

Post by Jack »

My problem with the "scum would have done this" is that scum do stupid stuff. Gandalf claimed vanilla which is a crappy scum strategy to begin with. What reason do we have to think he wasn't trying to out the gunsmith or some other wacky plan? Gunsmith is a pretty wicked town role given that it's a good bet that the cop and vigs are in the top 10 or so.

I'd rather forget that stuff for a while and look at in thread stuff and see what we get.

Prana has acted very scummy with regards to both gud and vollk.
slowsilver
slowsilver
Townie
slowsilver
Townie
Townie

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:56 am

Post by slowsilver »

Again, I'm not very experienced with this game. But from what I can see PranaDevil seems to be only contributing votes and no content. I honestly didn't think that Gandalf was scum, I thought that he just made many errors and that he was going to be mis-lynched, but I was wrong there. BenMage to me was very scummy during the middle of Day 1 (reading back for an example), and that is why I voted him. Why Andrius? He is blatantly lurking.
Obnoxious Quote: "Nuthunuul, ofc." --Parama, Mini 1079, page 2 for reference

[Scummiest scum of the month here]
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Benmage »

How was I scummy in your opinion slow?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Benmage »

Everyone not voting needs to place a vote.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Benmage »

Benmage wrote:Everyone not voting needs to place a vote.
Wrong thread, my bad.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:08 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

unvote
vote: slowsilver
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
slowsilver
slowsilver
Townie
slowsilver
Townie
Townie

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:11 am

Post by slowsilver »

Why did I think that other people would choose my favourite numbers? My favourite numbers are 1 and 6, look what happened there... Most people like those numbers.
Obnoxious Quote: "Nuthunuul, ofc." --Parama, Mini 1079, page 2 for reference

[Scummiest scum of the month here]
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Le Cupcake »

Unvote, Vote: Slowsilver
Cupcake Mafia II has been delayed due to multiple instances of multiple computers spontaneously combusting...-_-
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Benmage »

SLOWSILVER
....Why did you think I was scummy?
slowsilver wrote: BenMage to me was very scummy during the middle of Day 1 (reading back for an example), and that is why I voted him.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”