Post by Triglav »

CD4
Username:
Triglav
Did you Hear Noise?
No :D
Did you Ward? If so, who?
No.
Did you gain Insanities, and if so, which ones and from what actions?
No.
List all of the insanities you currently have:
Twitchy.
Did you
successfully
resuscitate? If so, who?
No.
Were you murdered?
No.
Did you Commune or Investigate? If so, who, and what result?
No.
Are you bloody?
No.
Twitch?
Not today.

Am still hating xvart but am unfortunately obligated to admit he is town if not exactly pro-town.
Spyrex lynch does need to happen today - but agree with Feysal that planning needs to happen first as do rest of night claims.

@hito - it is growing fast, allow a quick translation of speed that is possible other then Spy mislynch attempt.

"Scum: Oh craptooie - Spy is busted, to the bus, TO THE BUS!"

Only way Spy isn't scum is if scum ressed him to make Benmage flip out.
Making Benmage flip out for fun and profit is all well and good, but you really think scum needed to devote both a res kit and a ward to achieve a mislynch in this game considering your comment we quoted above? :roll:
We are an amalgamation of Adel, Albert B. Rampage, Zorblag, and Ythan (twice).
We are, in absolute honesty, a conglomeration of gandalf, drmyshottyizsik, and MichaelSableheart.
We are currently operating as an omniscient culmination of Fate, Glork and ZazieR.
Triglav
Triglav
Goon
Triglav
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Triglav »

hitogoroshi wrote:If we have a big block of cultbags, we want to lynch Spy last, but I was forgetting that we don't really have a big block of cultbags. (I was thinking of our big block of morons.)
:P
Hito wins game - this is irrefutable.

^
Um, actually now it's a comment posted below. We forgot to combine quotes.
We are an amalgamation of Adel, Albert B. Rampage, Zorblag, and Ythan (twice).
We are, in absolute honesty, a conglomeration of gandalf, drmyshottyizsik, and MichaelSableheart.
We are currently operating as an omniscient culmination of Fate, Glork and ZazieR.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

htio wrote:Interested in VP's thoughts specifically on this.
Well, I feel that Spyrex is most likely cult, so the speed of the wagon doesn't give me much pause. If you actually look at Furpants' iso, it does seem quite unlikely that he rezzed him. So, my guess over the speed is either a) it's obvious to the town as a whole that Spyrex is scum or b) scum decided to bus.

If spyrex is town, then it's a pretty outside chance and the cult are taking advantage of the situation. I understand your caution to some degree because we haven't hit cult yet, but I would also advise you that speed wagon =/= always on town. I'd point you to invitational 4 from last year where I was scum and was run up in a single page thanks to a case from Ojanen. I was able to slip out of it at that time because my scumbuddies pushed the "speed wagon" argument hard. Sometimes a quick wagon is just a quick wagon, doesn't mean it's wrong.

I would also point out that if El G hadn't added so much WIFOM to the game yesterday, SpyreX would have been one of the most likely to receive the rope. Do you have reservations about it beyond the speed?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Baby Spice »

One reservations.

Ben's case was that SpyreX didn't play like town SpyreX. That was pretty much the entire Benmage case on Fate. Hell, he put more work into trying to show that SnappyTom wouldn't have rezzed Spyre than actually showing that SpyreX is cult.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:51 am

Post by Plum »

So your reservation is that you don't think there is a case on SpyreX, or that you don't approve of Ben's case on SpyreX?
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Baby Spice »

I don't trust Ben. At all. Hell, I don't like him either.

I don't like meta cases because there's no way for me to verify or check for myself (Without trying to read 10 or 15 of someones games) if the case is good or not.

So we have a case I can't check on being pushed by someone I don't trust.
That's my reservation.

Even yourself weren't that sure, iirc, though you made similar suggestions during D1.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Plum »

Okay. So, do you have any of your own feelings regarding SpyreX?

Regarding not trusting Ben: What ulterior motivations do you suspect for him to be intentionally making a bad/false case on SpyreX?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Seacore »

CD4
Username:
Seacore
Did you Hear Noise?
Yes
Did you Ward? If so, who?
No
Did you gain Insanities, and if so, which ones and from what actions?
Yes, robbing El G, and Solist
List all of the insanities you currently have:
Twitchy and Solist
Did you
successfully
resuscitate? If so, who?
No
Were you murdered?
No
Did you Commune or Investigate? If so, who, and what result?
Yep, Plum isn't bloody
Are you bloody?
No
Twitch?
*twitch*

I'm okay with the Spyrex lynch. I feel the same way about him as I felt about MoI, and given that I was wrong there I'm happy to be overruled by players I've come to trust. Let's discuss the graverob.

I'm dissapointed that people have jumped onto spyrex, as this will make it difficult to start testing insanities. I think I'd like to see us organise a test for sadism at least.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Wraith »

Sadism would be dumb for cult to take anyways. At this point they'd be trying to avoid post restrictions as much as us. Even more than us, actually.

Also, I'm not liking Baby Spice's chainsawing of SpyRex and attempt to discredit Benmage. As much as I don't like his play, we've confirmed* Ben as town.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Seacore »

Wicked was dumb to take suicidal.
Perhaps scum are just as dumb.

I don't like your instant dismissal of something that is incredibly easy to check, Wraith.

Here's what we're going to do.

Vote: Andrius Unvote
Vote:AurorusVox Unvote
Vote:Baby Spice Unvote
Vote:Benmage Unvote
Vote:Feysal Unvote
Vote:hitorogoshi Unvote
Vote:Iecerint Unvote
Vote:kunkstar7 Unvote
Vote:Nicodemus Unvote
Vote:nopointinactingup Unvote
Vote:Plum Unvote
Vote:totallynotmafia Unvote
Vote:Triglav Unvote
Vote:Trilobite Unvote
Vote:VasudeVa Unvote
Vote:VP Baltar Unvote
Vote:Wraith Unvote
Vote:xvart Unvote

There, I've voted for everybody.
Mod, please let me know if this does not count, by the rules, as voting for everybody, because I can do one vote per post if it is neccesary

So, now that I've voted for everybody, I want everybody to do the following. Note: I've avoided Spyrex, just in case he's at L-1

Vote: Benmage. Unvote.
Vote: Hito. Unvote.
Vote Benmage. Unvote
Vote: Hito. Unvote

Why I've chosen the names is not important, I just picked people who are unlikely to be lynched today.
But, this will test 3 insanities.
1) It will test Sadism 4 times, as none of those people are on L-2
2) It will test distraction twice, by returning both to the Benmage vote and to the Hito vote
3) It will test paranoia 4 times, as I've now voted for everybody, they should only be able to vote for me.

You'll note that I've also been cleared at this point, I've voted for a crap load of people who aren't at L-2, I've revoted twice at the end. I can't be tested for paranoia at this point, but once we get everybody else out of the way, we can do it.

There is no reason not to do this. I agree, it was a bad idea for scum to take any of these insanities, but if we check this each day, we confine what insanities they can take under the radar.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:49 am

Post by AurorusVox »

So would you suggest we all do the same? I'm down for doing it but I'll wait to see what Percy says about the validity of using this technique. If all those votes supposedly count, then I see no reason not to do it.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Don't see why not. Waiting on the mod's green light though.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

@Seacore: Your plan is essentially looking for players who took voting insanities and seeing if they get modkilled?
Welcome to the Network.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Seacore »

@Kunk, correct.

Thematically, we're forcing the cultists to take their elder gods' names in vain, and watching as the elder gods' rip the souls from their bodies.

Actually, as an addition to my plan. Spyrex should vote for me, vote for somebody else who hasn't voted for him, vote for me again, and then vote for that second person again.

Then I can prove I don't have paranoia by voting for somebody else twice.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Seacore »

To those people who are saying "But scum would be dumb to take these insanities"

1) Shut up
2) It's only dumb for them to take them if we regularly check for them
3) It's also all about limiting what insanities they can take.

Insanities fall into one or more of 4 categories.

Category 1 - Those are immediately detectable. - Such as twitchy
Category 2 - Those that can be actively detected - Such as the three we're checking for above.
Category 3 - Those that hurt - Such as necrophilia
Cateogry 4 - Those that are easy to hide and don't hurt so much - Such as sociopathy

Now, obviously scum will take category 4s for their hidden insanities and Category 1s as their 'allowed' insanities (for when we say they can graverob, or when they lie about resus) but eventually they'll run out of those. And we want to funnel them into Category 3 insanities, because it makes catching them easier in the long run.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Plum wrote:Okay. So, do you have any of your own feelings regarding SpyreX?

Regarding not trusting Ben: What ulterior motivations do you suspect for him to be intentionally making a bad/false case on SpyreX?
SpyreX lurked, and became far more active when challanged. Normally I'd be suspicious, but this game still has a few lurker types.
If it wasn't Benmage behind this push I'd be more interested.

Without going into specifics because the game is active, Benmage in the past has lynched someone he had a very firm town read on (me) to try and build a case on someone else he thought was scummy, well before deadline.

btw, assuming Percy says yes, Go Go Seacore Voting plan.

Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Seacore »

Also, nobody should vote at this point, until we get Percy's Green light.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

My plan was neater though. :)

Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Seacore »

Your plan?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

Plum wrote:Fine, TNM.

In which case WHO IS YOUR TOP SUSPECT AND WHY ARE YOU NOT VOTING HMMMM?
Well it was kunkstar, but I haven't read any of his recent posts (or much of anyone elses for that matter) in any detail because I've spent so long searching back through the thread to check all these other goings on, I will get back onto that asap though, particularly because the lynch that beat kunkstar's was an investigator's (a murderous one, but an investigator all the same).
VP Baltar wrote:
TNM wrote:I could understand if there was something else to the case, but if the whole case on Spyrex is that nobody claimed the rez when it is indeed possible that nobody claimed the rez because the person who did it is now dead, that just seems ludicrous to me.
Do you think it's likely SpyreX was rezzed by Furpants? Additionally, I don't believe that is the entire case on him, but that's a nice over simplification.
Of course i think it's likely, otherwise I'd be advocating SpyreX's lynch. Believe me, I would love to have a definate scum caught right now, which is why when Iec said Furpants could have rezzed Spyrex and I looked back through the thread i was hoping to find evidence to the contrary. Instead though I couldn't find anything in his iso where he thinks SpyreX is scummy (which would have made it unlikely for me) and he also stated that people should use your rez list, and Spyrex's name was on it (along with everybody else who heard noise and wasn't warded). These things don't make it any more likely that Furpants rezzed Spyrex, but they show that it isn't any less likely either.
VP Baltar wrote:
htio wrote:Interested in VP's thoughts specifically on this.
Well, I feel that Spyrex is most likely cult, so the speed of the wagon doesn't give me much pause. If you actually look at Furpants' iso, it does seem quite unlikely that he rezzed him.
You obviously picked up something in Furpant's iso that I missed, what is it in his iso that makes you think it's unlikely?

The funny thing of course would be if Furpants did rez SpyreX but SpyreX is still scum. Nothing more painful than being wrongfully accused of something as scum.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Percy »

Vote Count

*whisper whisper*

SpyreX - 8
(Benmage, VasudeVa, AurorusVox, Andrius, Plum, Wraith,
hitorogoshi
, nopointinactingup, VP Baltar)
Andrius - 1
(Trilobite,
Seacore
)
AurorusVox - 0 (
Seacore
)
Baby Spice - 0 (
Seacore
)
Benmage - 0 (
Seacore
Seacore
Seacore
)
Feysal - 0 (
Seacore
)
hitorogoshi - 0 (
Seacore
Seacore
Seacore
)
Iecerint - 0 (
Seacore
)
kunkstar7 - 0 (
Seacore
)
Nicodemus - 0 (
Seacore
)
nopointinactingup - 0 (
Seacore
)
Triglav - 0 (
Seacore
)
Trilobite - 0 (
Seacore
)
VasudeVa - 0 (
Seacore
)
VP Baltar - 0 (
Seacore
)
Wraith - 0 (
Seacore
Seacore
)
xvart - 0 (
Seacore
Seacore
)

Not Voting (8) - (Baby Spice, hitorogoshi, Iecerint, kunkstar7, Nicodemus,
nopointinactingup
, Seacore, SpyreX, totallynotmafia, Triglav,
VP Baltar
, xvart)

The deadline for today's lynch is Saturday, 18 December 2010 at 1:30:00 AM (default site time).

With 20 alive, 11 votes secures a Lynch.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Wraith »

Unvote Vote: Andrius Unvote

Vote: SpyRex
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Unvote Vote: Andrius Unvote
Vote: SpyRex Unvote
Welcome to the Network.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Seacore »

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Seacore »

Major FOS at Wraith and Kunk.

Seriously, I was very clear about what you should do.
So, now that I've voted for everybody, I want everybody to do the following. Note: I've avoided Spyrex, just in case he's at L-1

Vote: Benmage. Unvote.
Vote: Hito. Unvote.
Vote Benmage. Unvote
Vote: Hito. Unvote

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”